Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Cat

Blackrose_Knight
I am putting together a "Grad School Survival Kit" for M.

So far I have:
His fav beef sticks from our local farm shop
A candle (scent to be determined)
A home made microwave rice thing for your eyes
Some mad money

Halp?

Oh boy. I sure would like a grad school survival kit as well!

What I can think of are:
- A book he likes
- Homemade cookies
- Scarf for the winter season
- Cold meds
- Lozenges
- A pack of really good pens
- A fancy leather bound journal
- Various chocolate/candy bars
- His favorite brand of tea/coffee and a mug

And of course a hand written letter/card just to be sweet.

Devoted Pirate

Sophisticated Simplicity
Blackrose_Knight
I am putting together a "Grad School Survival Kit" for M.

So far I have:
His fav beef sticks from our local farm shop
A candle (scent to be determined)
A home made microwave rice thing for your eyes
Some mad money

Halp?

Oh boy. I sure would like a grad school survival kit as well!

What I can think of are:
- A book he likes
- Homemade cookies
- Scarf for the winter season
- Cold meds
- Lozenges
- A pack of really good pens
- A fancy leather bound journal
- Various chocolate/candy bars
- His favorite brand of tea/coffee and a mug

And of course a hand written letter/card just to be sweet.
Oh, I love these! Specially the scarf and cold meds, gets so damn cold where he is. And the journal.

Greedy Cat

Blackrose_Knight
Oh, I love these! Specially the scarf and cold meds, gets so damn cold where he is. And the journal.

Great! And if you're into crafts and DIY and all that, you could make a lot of it yourself! Knit the scarf, and bind the journal in leather or fabric and decorate it yourself!

Devoted Pirate

Sophisticated Simplicity
Blackrose_Knight

Great! And if you're into crafts and DIY and all that, you could make a lot of it yourself! Knit the scarf, and bind the journal in leather or fabric and decorate it yourself!
I'm not super crafty. But I can do the journal.

Greedy Cat

Blackrose_Knight
Sophisticated Simplicity
Blackrose_Knight

That'd be awesome.
I remember when I was going to school in China, textbooks were like sacred things so every school year I'd get all sorts of wrapping papers and wrap all the covers, and there were a lot of books, so since then I kind of developed a thing for bookbinding as well as gift wrapping lol.

Devoted Pirate

Sophisticated Simplicity
Blackrose_Knight
Sophisticated Simplicity
Blackrose_Knight

That'd be awesome.
I remember when I was going to school in China, textbooks were like sacred things so every school year I'd get all sorts of wrapping papers and wrap all the covers, and there were a lot of books, so since then I kind of developed a thing for bookbinding as well as gift wrapping lol.
I will run it through his fiance, I just don't wanna make trouble and seem like I am trying to hard or something. I know she is chill with all this, but still.
DizzySnowFire
Pooty Taang
DizzySnowFire
Pooty Taang
DizzySnowFire
Pooty Taang
Hello everyone!

smile

I'm Morgan and have just recently entered a LDR. It's an interesting change of perspectives. I'd be interested in making friends with others who are in LDRs. It'll certainly make the not-so-wonderful parts of LDRs a little less... .less-wonderful? XD

How/where did everyone meet their SO?

Hi I'm Dizzy or Diz
I met my SO on here five years ago at one of the annual balls that are held as an event.I'm not sure which one I exactly met him at(like thread) but I knew after it was over, I created a thread and he came in to join it. So we roleplayed for a while then I added him as friend. I talk to him some over the years like at random times. Of course I had feelings for him from the start pretty much but I just shook them off since I was like a 13 year old and he is 5 years older than me. Plus it was online so I didn't think much of it really. And he had a girlfriend at the time which I didn't know until about er last year when I talked to his then fiancee. Of course I was a bit heart broken when I found out but I just kinda forgot about my feelings and continued to just be purely friends since I didn't think I would ever had a chance since they were engaged and everything. However they did ended up breaking up because apparently she got bored with him or something like that. I was there to help him through it not excepting anything to really come out of it. I still did have my feelings for him but that's not why I was helping him. I was purely doing it as a friend because I wanted to see him happy again.Which what really matter to me. Needless to say I began to really fall for him more than I probably realized at the time but I still continued to help him. With my luck he ended up falling me for me too which I didn't think that would ever happen but I was kinda glad it did but we didn't get into a relationship right away in fact we waited a while mostly because he was still moving on and well I was just not into relationships at the time. As time went on, we grew closer and closer and I fell for him more and more and so did he, to the point that he was considering to marry me sometime down the road. Which didn't freak me out but it didn't sit too well with me since I was still not really wanting to be in a relationship and I really didn't want to ever get married due to some things. Of course he brought up some more and it started to sit with me better and well I came to the conclusion if I'm going to marry anyone it would mostly like be him.Then he surprise me two days ago when he said we were together which I didn't know we were to my knowledge but he used the logic of how we love each other and care deeply about each other along with how we are planning to see each other in real life. Then he actually asked me to his and I said yes. That's pretty much my relationship for now

Aww!! How sweet! smile That's awesome that you guys had that foundation before you got together. It must be worth the way. biggrin I see from your original post that you two are international! Wow! I bet phone conversations aren't all too frequent. XD Whenever I call my cousin in Canada, it always racks up the phone bill to an ungodly amount. Not fun. But thankfully Skype is just an amazing tool. I really like it. smile

Have you two met in person yet? Or just strictly online for now? That'd certainly be interesting between you two visiting different countries! A good opportunity for travels and whatnot.

I know pretty much know all of his history and well I have none really but I just have a lot of other problems due to depression and stuff but he makes me soo happy and make me feel so special.We haven't gotten to phone convos yet nor really skype or anything like surprisingly XD but in time we will probably sometime soon.It kinda just never came up for the whole skyping or phone I guess.
We haven't met yet but we are planning on meeting soon which has me so very nervous in so many ways. Well I'm originally from the US but my dad lives in Canada so I came to live here because of problems with my mom. It was a bad idea too but oh well. The only sucky thing about our relationship right now is he lives in Arizona and I live in Ontario.
I still find it interesting that we are together right now since I thought we weren't going to be until we met. Clearly I was wrong XD

Oh that's so sweet. smile I have that same exactly feeling! Like, that doubt that maybe I wasn't ever good enough- but every day he proves to me that I somehow still am. It's amazing to have that in life. Especially from someone who believes in you still so many miles away. It's great.

Skype is a great tool, IMO. Really helps bring two people together and you can do things like watch a movie together or eat dinner and it's sort of like you're there. Except for when the internet crashes- which is a bit of an issue. But whatever- it's all fun. smile

Great to hear that you two are doing so well, and are officially together! That's the best.
Best of luck, too! It takes a lot more with LDRs, but I feel like with that demand, it is very much worth it in the end.

I have those doubts almost on a daily basis since well I'm here in Canada and he's all the way over in AZ. Also, he is older than me and probably almost finished school plus he can meet girls there or closer than me. While I'm here still in school and will be for like the next 5 years at least. He knows this. He knows that I can't really move out to where he is no matter how much I really want to and he understands which I'm thankful for. I'm just worried that I won't be what he except me to be and he will feel like he has wasted his time.I know he wants to come to see which scares me a lot because I don't want him to waste his money and his time to come to be disappointed. I just have a lot of insecurities due to my life.I would much rather go there and have him chose whether or not he wanted to spend time with me. Because to me, that wouldn't doesn't seem like I'm wasting my time or money.
As for Skype, I do have it, I talk to one of my friends on there on a daily basis but by just messaging. I'm pretty insecure about me being on cam and hearing my voice since I think my voice is horrible sounding and well my looks..well I don't think I'm not pretty or anything like but I also (most of the time) don't think I'm ugly just in the middle. I'm just really nervous about the whole thing really. As I mention before, Skype never really came up in the convos we had so we never added each other (not that I'm not open to it).
Well I hope we continue to do well together. I'm just afraid I will just end up wrecking things for us and he will not want to talk to me since before we got together. We have some rough patches where I would push him away and it hurt him then I said sorry each time. I didn't want to lose him plus everytime I saw him on I would just feel horrible inside and the pain wouldn't go away until he was offline.
When the time comes to move in together, I would most likely go live there sine I am US citizen and can work in the US but if he wants to come and live up here then I will let him and have no objections to it. But I really don't care what ends up happening really XD However it won't be happening anytime soon. I know that much unless after he visits me, he realizes he wants to come to live with him and whatnot. Then 5 years might get reduce but now I'm just getting head of myself haha.

Ah- wow!

I was really nervous, too, the first time being on camera. No one thinks it's flattering or awesome to have to not only make sure you don't make strange faces at the camera (because believe me, before skyping, I NEVER knew I made so many faces at the internet), ect. It was embarrassing for me, but once I finally broke down the barrier with my SO, it seemed pretty easy. And we'll catch each other singing our hearts out to a song or sneezing hysterically- and we'll both laugh about it. But it is nice to see him in real time and know that he's there, happy and can be, and it's just a playful time. Haha.

Well, it never hurts to look into the future. Sometimes it's one of the main things that keeps it going, you know? Especially during the rough times. If you two have been talking for all of this time, chances are he is very attracted to you and wanting to be a part of your life. smile Which is all good things.

Glad to hear you two are finally together successfully, though. smile
Blackrose_Knight
Pooty Taang

Oh yea? I think that'll be what is happening with my SO and I. I'll probably have to fly him out. I'd love to take him to Disney, since I think that'd be a fun little, lighthearted vacation for the both of us. Quite a bit on the wallet, though.

Bahaha- I did get a laugh at your "upgraded" comment. XD How cute! It does definitely feel like that, right?

Polygamous relationships have always fascinated me. I've tried them in the past, but they're simply not for me. I do appreciate them, though- with being in one you really can understand the magnitude of love and how it can create more than destroy. Which- in and of itself, is a beautiful thought.

I didn't think LDRs worked. They seemed too much work and didn't really seem to have much of a payoff. Plus, I'm a very sexual person- in general, so it's hard for me to get all of that fulfillment.

But one night, I was really alone. And I bit the bullet and posted a thread up here- simply introducing myself, giving a basic foundation as to what I was looking for, and hoping that someone would reply.

Many did. And many... upon many, just didn't seem to peek my interest. Sometimes it felt like we were forcing conversation, and I was forcing myself to enjoy talking to them- and then others were just far out of the question, so it was also very hope-crashing.

By the time I was ready to just give up, I got a message. A delayed message- my thread post had been up for about a week or so. This guy replied. And I read his reply and I liked what he said, and how he brought himself to the table- but I had doubts. I had a lot of doubts. What was to stop him from being just like the others? Anyways, gave him the benefit of the doubt and replied.

Glad I did, because we haven't stopped talking since. ^.^
We have a LOT in common, and the scary part is that he finishes my sentences for me! Like, there is this weird connection between us that just brings us together close- without making it feel like there is much difference at all.

Oh. He not only showed me that LDRs can develop a level of trust and foundation as any in-person relationship could develop, he also proved that you can be intimate miles away. I'll save you the juicy details, but needless to say, all of my doubts have been completely proven wrong.

I really like him. smile
Bahaha. That is cute and sweet.

M. and I had sworn off LDR's. I remember distinct conversations about it. He and his fiance B. were an LDR (the met online) for a year, then B. moved out here to go to college with M. After graduating B. moved back home, but M. didn't move with her at first (that was our year as FwB's - I was a year behind both B. and M. at college). He swore off LDR's. Then I happened. Ooops. lol. Its helpful to know he loves it out here, in the great PNW as opposed to the big city he is in. He and B. will be moving back here once he has is Masters.

Since M. and I are kinky, I generally get orders of taking pictures in various states of undress and other naughty things as he commands.

I think what really keeps us bonded is we are workout buddies. We push each other, remind, text, call, take pictures. He's lost 50lb, and I have lost 40lb. Its nice to have someone who cares for you, as you are now, that pushes you to be something better.

Yesss. Thank you.

That's so funny. I love how it all happens to people who least expect it. I don't think I expected much to come out of my post- but it did! Oops.

Oh fun! We're just still easing into it all. I'm still hesitant about it, only because it's really the first time I've ever done anything as abstract as we've had to due to the distance, but I'm liking it. And it isn't horrible. Haha.

Man, I'd love a workout buddy. I don't think my SO would be very helpful in the fact that we're both easily distracted by one another's bodies. XD It just wouldn't ever be progressive. It's awesome that you two are there in that way for one another.
Sophisticated Simplicity
Pooty Taang
Hello everyone!

smile

I'm Morgan and have just recently entered a LDR. It's an interesting change of perspectives. I'd be interested in making friends with others who are in LDRs. It'll certainly make the not-so-wonderful parts of LDRs a little less... .less-wonderful? XD

How/where did everyone meet their SO?

Hi there!

I used to be pretty active in this thread about 2 or 3 years back (and the thread was pretty active in general back then), but eventually all the "regulars" have either ended the distance/gotten together/gotten married, or broke up with their LD partners so all the activity sort of dwindled off, so I sort of drifted away as well and just peek in from time to time now. As for my LDR, I met my SO on a MMO (FlyFF, if you're curious), and I'm from BC, Canada and he from Texas. He was the friend of a not-so-close friend in the game so we didn't really talk at first, but eventually we got talking and just kept getting closer and closer. We became the kind of best friends that felt close like family; I used to say that we were like siblings: I was the younger sister trying to grow up and he was the older brother trying to stay young. Then I had to quit the game for a while due to school, but we couldn't bear just parting ways like that so we added eachother on MSN and continued talking there, and somewhere down the line the friendship became love became a relationship. Exactly when, I have no idea because there was no instance of when one us asked the other to be our boyfriend/girlfriend, so we don't have an anniversary, but that's basically how it all went down.

Awww. That's so sweet. smile

That's quite a distance, too. Have you two seen one another yet? smile International relationships have captured my curiosity due to not only the difficulty of them being LDR, but also ontop of that, you're dealing with international situations. That's a double whammy.

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Pooty Taang
DizzySnowFire
Pooty Taang
DizzySnowFire
Pooty Taang

Aww!! How sweet! smile That's awesome that you guys had that foundation before you got together. It must be worth the way. biggrin I see from your original post that you two are international! Wow! I bet phone conversations aren't all too frequent. XD Whenever I call my cousin in Canada, it always racks up the phone bill to an ungodly amount. Not fun. But thankfully Skype is just an amazing tool. I really like it. smile

Have you two met in person yet? Or just strictly online for now? That'd certainly be interesting between you two visiting different countries! A good opportunity for travels and whatnot.

I know pretty much know all of his history and well I have none really but I just have a lot of other problems due to depression and stuff but he makes me soo happy and make me feel so special.We haven't gotten to phone convos yet nor really skype or anything like surprisingly XD but in time we will probably sometime soon.It kinda just never came up for the whole skyping or phone I guess.
We haven't met yet but we are planning on meeting soon which has me so very nervous in so many ways. Well I'm originally from the US but my dad lives in Canada so I came to live here because of problems with my mom. It was a bad idea too but oh well. The only sucky thing about our relationship right now is he lives in Arizona and I live in Ontario.
I still find it interesting that we are together right now since I thought we weren't going to be until we met. Clearly I was wrong XD

Oh that's so sweet. smile I have that same exactly feeling! Like, that doubt that maybe I wasn't ever good enough- but every day he proves to me that I somehow still am. It's amazing to have that in life. Especially from someone who believes in you still so many miles away. It's great.

Skype is a great tool, IMO. Really helps bring two people together and you can do things like watch a movie together or eat dinner and it's sort of like you're there. Except for when the internet crashes- which is a bit of an issue. But whatever- it's all fun. smile

Great to hear that you two are doing so well, and are officially together! That's the best.
Best of luck, too! It takes a lot more with LDRs, but I feel like with that demand, it is very much worth it in the end.

I have those doubts almost on a daily basis since well I'm here in Canada and he's all the way over in AZ. Also, he is older than me and probably almost finished school plus he can meet girls there or closer than me. While I'm here still in school and will be for like the next 5 years at least. He knows this. He knows that I can't really move out to where he is no matter how much I really want to and he understands which I'm thankful for. I'm just worried that I won't be what he except me to be and he will feel like he has wasted his time.I know he wants to come to see which scares me a lot because I don't want him to waste his money and his time to come to be disappointed. I just have a lot of insecurities due to my life.I would much rather go there and have him chose whether or not he wanted to spend time with me. Because to me, that wouldn't doesn't seem like I'm wasting my time or money.
As for Skype, I do have it, I talk to one of my friends on there on a daily basis but by just messaging. I'm pretty insecure about me being on cam and hearing my voice since I think my voice is horrible sounding and well my looks..well I don't think I'm not pretty or anything like but I also (most of the time) don't think I'm ugly just in the middle. I'm just really nervous about the whole thing really. As I mention before, Skype never really came up in the convos we had so we never added each other (not that I'm not open to it).
Well I hope we continue to do well together. I'm just afraid I will just end up wrecking things for us and he will not want to talk to me since before we got together. We have some rough patches where I would push him away and it hurt him then I said sorry each time. I didn't want to lose him plus everytime I saw him on I would just feel horrible inside and the pain wouldn't go away until he was offline.
When the time comes to move in together, I would most likely go live there sine I am US citizen and can work in the US but if he wants to come and live up here then I will let him and have no objections to it. But I really don't care what ends up happening really XD However it won't be happening anytime soon. I know that much unless after he visits me, he realizes he wants to come to live with him and whatnot. Then 5 years might get reduce but now I'm just getting head of myself haha.

Ah- wow!

I was really nervous, too, the first time being on camera. No one thinks it's flattering or awesome to have to not only make sure you don't make strange faces at the camera (because believe me, before skyping, I NEVER knew I made so many faces at the internet), ect. It was embarrassing for me, but once I finally broke down the barrier with my SO, it seemed pretty easy. And we'll catch each other singing our hearts out to a song or sneezing hysterically- and we'll both laugh about it. But it is nice to see him in real time and know that he's there, happy and can be, and it's just a playful time. Haha.

Well, it never hurts to look into the future. Sometimes it's one of the main things that keeps it going, you know? Especially during the rough times. If you two have been talking for all of this time, chances are he is very attracted to you and wanting to be a part of your life. smile Which is all good things.

Glad to hear you two are finally together successfully, though. smile

Maybe as time go on, I will slowly let myself go on cam, I' m just too scared right now. I have so many fears about the whole thing but I'll get over it eventually either before or after he comes to see me. I mean if does come to see me and we haven't cammed yet then well after he leaves then I would be a lot more willing since he knows what I look like in person and how I sound too.

Yeah I suppose. I don't want to look too far into the future and get my hopes up.But I do think he could possibly be the one or close to it at least because well I never in my life would consider getting married and even when he told me the first time and I kinda did push away the idea but deep inside of me, I could feel that I wanted to be with him in that way.I don't know how long he has really liked me. He said for a while once but no where nearly as long as I have but that's because he was taken for the majority of the time.But he always tell me that when he comes to see me that he is going to show me how much he really does love me and care about me.It just makes me feel so special inside specially now since we are together.
But he does know what I look like due to my signature and I use to know what he looked like but that was about 5 years ago so he has probably change quite a bit but it wouldn't matter to me anyways because I'm was never one to like a guy for look really. I fall for personally and looks only count for a very very very small portion

Greedy Cat

Pooty Taang

Awww. That's so sweet. smile

That's quite a distance, too. Have you two seen one another yet? smile International relationships have captured my curiosity due to not only the difficulty of them being LDR, but also ontop of that, you're dealing with international situations. That's a double whammy.

No, we havn't met yet. We were going to, but then some things happened and the circumstances now prevent it, so we have to wait. And honestly, Canada to the US is not too bad. At least he's not all the way on the other side of the world, and we don't need a visa to travel between the two countries. It will be a bit of a hassle though later down the road, because one of us will have to immigrate, and that stuff is tedious!

Powerful Spirit

I'm going to the UK to meet my LDR boyfriend soon (I live in the US). In three days actually. I just have to post somewhere because I'm so excited. sweatdrop

Greedy Cat

Fluffy Apple
I'm going to the UK to meet my LDR boyfriend soon (I live in the US). In three days actually. I just have to post somewhere because I'm so excited. sweatdrop

That's awesome! Is this your first time meeting?

Powerful Spirit

Sophisticated Simplicity
Fluffy Apple

That's awesome! Is this your first time meeting?

Yup yup. I'm staying with him and his family. They seem pretty happy to have me. I'm going during his birthday week as well, so I get to celebrate with him. 4laugh

Devoted Pirate

Night time is the hardest time. I settle down with the husband, but missing M. weighs heavy on my heart. Its so loud it blots out what I feel for teh husband.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff