Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Conversationalist

4,650 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Window Shopper 100

I am in on now and it is very hard. Some days I wonder is it worth it, and then I remember how great he is.. I just worry if he feels the same at times... I really hate this, and there is nothing I can do about it , but wait...

This is what I am going through.. We have been close friends for over six years, been dating officially for almost two years now. And now we hardly every have full conversations... It is so stressful when all I want is to be with him, knowing I cant... And then barley get to talk with him too.. I know he is doing what he has to to come here, so I shouldn't be clingy... But I am just left feeling empty and I really don't like this feeling... To top it off now that I am loosing weight and am more active I am constantly being flirted with and asked out.... Making a relationship work is soly on choice and effort, but I feel the effort should be on both sides... I am sure he is doing his part. However it really hurts I can't be with him since I just moved... I feel like I'm asking to much for him to come to me. He said he would come to me.... and Its not as far as he would have had to move before if I had stayed where I was.... I know I have to just wait... But I miss him so very much....... >.< I wanna be with my Jose.... How long will it take..

I know God has a plan, and I know he is in my life for good. But I keep messing up and causing fights, because he gets so busy he forgets to text me.. I keep telling myself, it will all get better. But in truth I'm scared it wont...

I don't wanna talk bad about him ever, I truly Love him so much... I am now ready for him, however he is now dragging his feet. It used to be the other way around.. I don't think there is anythign I can do. I could have gone to see him, however He told me he was going to come here.. Now I can't and he is still not here..

I feel so helpless I really Need his attention right now but I'm tired of asking for it, and if he doesn't see me as a priority, there is nothing I can do... I don't know what's going on in his m ind if he has a plan or not, he is one of those quiet guys that doesn't like to voice his plans or ideas things till hes sure it will work.. But I really need him.... I'm very very lonely...

~Blush~ I didn't mean to go on like that...
Amy yum_strawberry

4,650 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Kio Yasu
I hope no one minds my unloading, I just don't know who to talk to about stuff...My husband is in the army and we haven't really been together since April 23rd when he left for basic training. That lasted 10 weeks and then he left for AIT, which will be ending next month. I'd love to be happy about it, but I just found out his first station is going to be South Korea and chances of me going with are slim to none because he is so low on the totem poll. They only allow so many families to go, and higher ranks get first dibs. I'm 99% sure I'm going to be without him from another year....I've had so much happen this year with my mother passing two months before he left for basic training, having to fight for custody for my sister (she' just turned 5), a huge move that just kinda turned my world upside-down...I feel like I'm at my breaking point and I don't know what to do...

Oh My, My heart goes out to you... I pray that some how you will get to be with him..... Don't loose hope until it is final...

Amy yum_strawberry
MsAmyBug

I am in on now and it is very hard. Some days I wonder is it worth it, and then I remember how great he is.. I just worry if he feels the same at times... I really hate this, and there is nothing I can do about it , but wait...

This is what I am going through.. We have been close friends for over six years, been dating officially for almost two years now. And now we hardly every have full conversations... It is so stressful when all I want is to be with him, knowing I cant... And then barley get to talk with him too.. I know he is doing what he has to to come here, so I shouldn't be clingy... But I am just left feeling empty and I really don't like this feeling... To top it off now that I am loosing weight and am more active I am constantly being flirted with and asked out.... Making a relationship work is soly on choice and effort, but I feel the effort should be on both sides... I am sure he is doing his part. However it really hurts I can't be with him since I just moved... I feel like I'm asking to much for him to come to me. He said he would come to me.... and Its not as far as he would have had to move before if I had stayed where I was.... I know I have to just wait... But I miss him so very much....... >.< I wanna be with my Jose.... How long will it take..

I know God has a plan, and I know he is in my life for good. But I keep messing up and causing fights, because he gets so busy he forgets to text me.. I keep telling myself, it will all get better. But in truth I'm scared it wont...

I don't wanna talk bad about him ever, I truly Love him so much... I am now ready for him, however he is now dragging his feet. It used to be the other way around.. I don't think there is anythign I can do. I could have gone to see him, however He told me he was going to come here.. Now I can't and he is still not here..

I feel so helpless I really Need his attention right now but I'm tired of asking for it, and if he doesn't see me as a priority, there is nothing I can do... I don't know what's going on in his m ind if he has a plan or not, he is one of those quiet guys that doesn't like to voice his plans or ideas things till hes sure it will work.. But I really need him.... I'm very very lonely...

Amy yum_strawberry

Hey honey, take a deep breath. It's going to be okay. My boyfriend just moved away a couple months ago, so perhaps I don't know much of the hardships of being far from him yet, but I know how you're feeling. It's been really hard for me to accept that he was not going to be able to give me constant attention now that we live separate lives. You have to come to terms with your life being independent from his. He is probably just busy. Do not spend every second waiting for him. Give him some space, but let him know you're here if he needs to say something. I don't mean don't talk to him, just don't over do it. Try finding more things to do on your own. Spend time with other friends. Join a group, make a goal. The most important thing to any relationship, especially a long distance one, is learning to make yourself happy instead of relying on another person.
You need to be straight with him about how you're feeling. Tell him what you're upset about. Tell him what you're scared of. You may discover things you had no idea about. Be honest with him and allow him to talk. Don't panic yet. Ask him why your conversations have changed. Think of some solutions to the problem and suggest them to him. Don't expect him to fix something if he doesn't think it's his problem to fix.

4,650 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Xx_Vow_of_Silence_xX

Hey honey, take a deep breath. It's going to be okay. My boyfriend just moved away a couple months ago, so perhaps I don't know much of the hardships of being far from him yet, but I know how you're feeling. It's been really hard for me to accept that he was not going to be able to give me constant attention now that we live separate lives. You have to come to terms with your life being independent from his. He is probably just busy. Do not spend every second waiting for him. Give him some space, but let him know you're here if he needs to say something. I don't mean don't talk to him, just don't over do it. Try finding more things to do on your own. Spend time with other friends. Join a group, make a goal. The most important thing to any relationship, especially a long distance one, is learning to make yourself happy instead of relying on another person.
You need to be straight with him about how you're feeling. Tell him what you're upset about. Tell him what you're scared of. You may discover things you had no idea about. Be honest with him and allow him to talk. Don't panic yet. Ask him why your conversations have changed. Think of some solutions to the problem and suggest them to him. Don't expect him to fix something if he doesn't think it's his problem to fix.

I am very busy, I do have goals I'm working on, and he does know how I feel... I have also backed way off.. I told him what I need for us to last, which wasn't a lot. I am not expecting him to take full responsibility a relationship is about two people working together. Most of All I need Him to keeping his word to come see me. I know I sound desperate... I am not.

It's quite complicated, and frustrating. I've made suggestions and we improved a little I encourage him to be his own person. I feel like he is holding me at arms length sometimes, and sometimes were awesome together...

I am some mixed signals from him.... But I do trust Him. He says he is working at coming here then I have no choice but trust him. Because I believe he is even if it is slow moving... . I love him very much and I am very happy He is in my life. I do not wanna loose him or push him away...

As for local friends I have had no luck making friends here, I live in a tiny out of the way town. I moved here before we were dating, long story. I have several Long distance friends, I made one local friend but she got a job and moved away.. so here I am back on gaia <3

I may sound pathetic, I may be to some of you. But I've had my fair share of broken hearts, I know where I stand and what I want, and I need. I am doing all I can alone I have been alone along time before him... I know I'll be fine alone, but I don't have to like it...

I trust no matter what happens it will all work out for the best, we will grow form it.. I know God brought him into my life for a reason, and I am so thankful.. I didn't come here to Vent, or be negative, I just wanted to be with people going through the same situations... And Try and help if I can...

Thank you for your reply I appreciate it.

Amy yum_strawberry
Alright, so I am currently in a relationship with this girl who lives 500 miles away from me. To see her it would cost over $100 for a train ticket, and then $100+ a night for a hotel. We have lots in common, but I can see this falling apart really quickly, especially because I don't have a job..
She was the one who told me not to fall in love with her, but she's fallen harder than I have. She talks about our future together and she can't sleep unless she sees me.
I feel smothered already and we've only been dating for a month.
Help?

Chatty Regular

3,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
First off I'd just like to say hey to everyone. I'll get to an introduction of myself shortly.
DEKKORA
Alright, so I am currently in a relationship with this girl who lives 500 miles away from me. To see her it would cost over $100 for a train ticket, and then $100+ a night for a hotel. We have lots in common, but I can see this falling apart really quickly, especially because I don't have a job..
She was the one who told me not to fall in love with her, but she's fallen harder than I have. She talks about our future together and she can't sleep unless she sees me.
Help?

Couple of questions. How long have you two known each other for? Have you both discussed about meeting up and how to do so? (I mean, you're not working makes it just a tad difficult to pay the costs. And those aren't cheap). Thirdly, what does this girl mean to you?
Honesty here is the best policy. Discuss your thoughts and feelings. You're both young, it seems a tad early to be discussing any possible long term future together (especially after only a month of dating). It's nice to be able to hold the person you care about and do things that LDR limits, but it's not the only thing that makes a relationship. You've already said you have lots in common, so there is something right here. If, however, it really doesn't seem possible between you two, then it would do you both better to end the relationship now, rather than later down the line. Best of luck in what may or may not come for you.

Okay so, little bit about myself. My name is Liz, I'm 24 and from England. My girlfriend is from Canada. Huuuuuuuuge distance. Though I assume most are. XD
We met 11 years ago on a text-based roleplaying website. We've had ups and downs, lengths of absence, but we've always come through. We first started dating 5 years ago, we were together for two years. For personal reasons (which I do not wish to get into) we parted for some time. It was 3 years before I caught her again. It felt like we'd not missed a day of talking. That was back in June of this year. At the time I was in a sort-of relationship (long story for another time) which was not going well (was also LDR). He was very clingy (yes, I'm bi) and I was more a mother than a partner to him. His jealousy was what ended it for us.
So anyway, we got talking again, and although I had been hurt by our departure 3 years earlier, every emotion I had then was still there and came rushing back. We've been back together since July, but it hasn't been easy. She's been going through a lot of personal problems herself, as well as preparing to move, so we've had little time to actually talk the past few weeks. Not to mention the time difference isn't helping either XD I've also been going through some changes myself, I moved at the end of August and am still looking for a place of my own while I live with my sister. Stressful times. But I know when we do catch time together and when we're settled again, we'll enjoy each others company once more.
As for meeting and getting together? We discuss it regularly and how we'll make things work. We're determined. Intimacy? Well, no comment. We make the best of what we have and do what we need to. We're freely able to talk to each other and be open with each other (actually, we're each others firsts for that. Stories for another time perhaps).

Welp, that's my story. It's not been easy, but who said love ever is?
FreedomOutlaw
First off I'd just like to say hey to everyone. I'll get to an introduction of myself shortly.
DEKKORA
Help?

Couple of questions. How long have you two known each other for? Have you both discussed about meeting up and how to do so? (I mean, you're not working makes it just a tad difficult to pay the costs. And those aren't cheap). Thirdly, what does this girl mean to you?
Honesty here is the best policy. Discuss your thoughts and feelings. You're both young, it seems a tad early to be discussing any possible long term future together (especially after only a month of dating). It's nice to be able to hold the person you care about and do things that LDR limits, but it's not the only thing that makes a relationship. You've already said you have lots in common, so there is something right here. If, however, it really doesn't seem possible between you two, then it would do you both better to end the relationship now, rather than later down the line. Best of luck in what may or may not come for you.

We've known each other for a few months. We met on tumblr and hit it off instantly.
She is an amazing girl. She is creative, funny, bright.. She's like my best friend..
But she way she feels for me, and how much she misses me.. It's past anything I can give her.
I feel smothered and scared, and I plan on bringing this up to her and telling her how I feel later.
She has a job, I'm looking, but its always planning on how I am going to get to her. Never the other option. It's never talked about..
I can't possibly spend all my time and money just trying to meet her..
I adore her, I really do.. She just deserves someone who can treat her the way she needs to me.
Held, loved and cared for always.
I can't do that.
I'm stuck in Canada, and she's in Boston.

Chatty Regular

3,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
DEKKORA

We've known each other for a few months. We met on tumblr and hit it off instantly.
She is an amazing girl. She is creative, funny, bright.. She's like my best friend..
But she way she feels for me, and how much she misses me.. It's past anything I can give her.
I feel smothered and scared, and I plan on bringing this up to her and telling her how I feel later.
She has a job, I'm looking, but its always planning on how I am going to get to her. Never the other option. It's never talked about..
I adore her, I really do.. She just deserves someone who can treat her the way she needs to me.
I can't do that.

I can see where you're coming from. But with any relationship there needs to be some give and take, some compromise. It shouldn't be solely down to you to meet up with her. Think for a moment, you get a job, you spend that money on seeing her. Lets do a rough round up. 100 bucks the ticket there. 100 bucks a night. 7 nights. 800 bucks right off the bat, 900 if your ticket is a one way price. A previous ex of mine, we'd planned on him coming over. He'd stay with me, so we just needed the plane ticket. Agreed I'd help front half the ticket if he did the other half. Was a nice lump sum for me when we split up.
Now the real issue. You've only known each other a few months. That for sure is too soon to be planning a future together, and some warning signals should be ringing too at how quickly she's attached. (Was a problem I had with my most recent ex, actually. He got clingy from early on, though any feelings past friendship didn't occur till about a year or so after we met).
FreedomOutlaw
DEKKORA

I can't do that.

I can see where you're coming from. But with any relationship there needs to be some give and take, some compromise. It shouldn't be solely down to you to meet up with her. Think for a moment, you get a job, you spend that money on seeing her. Lets do a rough round up. 100 bucks the ticket there. 100 bucks a night. 7 nights. 800 bucks right off the bat, 900 if your ticket is a one way price. A previous ex of mine, we'd planned on him coming over. He'd stay with me, so we just needed the plane ticket. Agreed I'd help front half the ticket if he did the other half. Was a nice lump sum for me when we split up.
Now the real issue. You've only known each other a few months. That for sure is too soon to be planning a future together, and some warning signals should be ringing too at how quickly she's attached. (Was a problem I had with my most recent ex, actually. He got clingy from early on, though any feelings past friendship didn't occur till about a year or so after we met).

I totally understand.
My most recent ex was this clingy too, and it didn't end well at all.
I really need to tell her how I feel and if she can't understand where I am coming from I think we need a break.
I can't keep being these safety blankets and the sole thing keeping them happy.
It's too much pressure.

Chatty Regular

3,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
DEKKORA

I totally understand.
I really need to tell her how I feel and if she can't understand where I am coming from I think we need a break.
It's too much pressure.

Exactly. We all need an equal balance in relationships. Without it we just bring ourselves down. It's ones like this we need to put ourselves first or risk total breakdown.
FreedomOutlaw
DEKKORA

I totally understand.
It's too much pressure.

Exactly. We all need an equal balance in relationships. Without it we just bring ourselves down. It's ones like this we need to put ourselves first or risk total breakdown.

Too true.
I'm not exactly stable right now.
Even on medication I still have thoughts of self harm and whatnot (my most recent ex pushed me into relapse after three years of being clean).
I can't take so much stress. So much pressure.
She says I am her everything. She talks about our future, and what to do when I get to her, never if she gets to me.. Or even meeting halfway.
I got with her shortly after breaking up with my ex.
I think maybe I need time to myself..
I don't know..

Tipsy Streaker

9,100 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
I'm super excited! I've got an update on my situation if anyone remembers... as a refresher...

I have a fiance who is in Denmark, he's a Danish citizen and I'm a US citizen. We've been trying for nearly a year now to get him a visa so he can enter the country so we can get married, and finally after man months we've got the beginnings of progress! We have received the first stage of approval on the fiance visa, hopefully it won't be too much longer now! It's going off to the NVC (the government agency that processes visas) and they should be getting back to me within 30 days on it, and then it goes off to the US Embassy and Denmark where they will interview him. We're hoping and praying that he'll be here by the beginning of December!

Gracious Humorist

9,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Ninja-meww
With the two bfs I tried to have a LDR with, both knew before we even got together that I was going to move. Both said at the beginning that they wanted to try to make it work. One broke up with me the week after I moved, and the other broke up with me a week beforehand. So, I don't think I will believe anyone who tells me they want to try to have an LDR with me again.

I think it's going to take a pair of very special people in order to make an LDR work. Or, at least, two people who think the other is really special.

My SO, when I was feeling insecure one time
Listen. I chose to start a relationship with you even though you are completely across the continent, and now you're ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE WORLD. You are as far away from me as it is possible to be without being in space. You are special and I love you.

That remains to date one of the sweetest things that I've ever had the pleasure of being the recipient of. And it's the sweetest because that's what makes relationships work, long-distance or otherwise. You have to truly believe that this person you want to form this connection with is special and worth it.

I'm sorry to hear that your exes couldn't make the effort. And you're right, don't believe anyone who tells you they want to try an LDR. Or any relationship, for that matter.

Believe them when they just plain want to have a relationship because they think you're super neat and they really like you. You don't deserve any less than that in a healthy loving relationship.
MsAmyBug

Amy yum_strawberry
sad Ughhh I've been there. Not being able to be with someone who you love the most is seriously sooo difficult. x_x

I used to get mad about the distance and wonder how much longer would it go on and why couldn't visiting each other be easier (he always was busy, even if i wanted to visit)

plus i was also angry about how much time and money i had to spend to see him for 3 days, while other girls were so lucky...they got to see their boyfriends for free all the time!
but all of my frustrations were just coming from pain and i really did love him with all my heart and that's why it hurt so much

From personal experience, my best advice is to put all your effort towards finding other people around you to take up your time. I know I know, you want to be with HIM, and plus you don't want to spend energy making/finding new friends. But if you continue to stay lonely you'll be more desperate for him and it will probably make him pull further away from you. That was one of the mistakes I made.

Things did not work out between me and my LD boyfriend..we dated for 4.5 years and I still love him and would give anything to see him. In fact I would jump on the first flight right now to go see him, if only I knew he wouldn't hate me for it sweatdrop

But really, don't be so desperate and your boyfriend will start to miss you and realize how much he loves and appreciates you. If not, then it means he's not worth your time and devotion. LD relationships are no joke! Stay strong and if you ever need to rant feel free to PM me smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff