Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
Hi! Long time no see cat_3nodding

My boyfriend and I aren't technically in an LDR yet, but coming winter break and summer break he'll be living pretty far away from me. Not so far I can't visit, but far enough that we can't see each other every week. At most we'll be able to visit each other for two weeks out of four months.

The last time I was in an LDR I had a super tough time dealing with it. I was depressed, suspicious, paranoid, lovesick, etc. Hell, even now, I went home for four days for the holiday and I really miss him already. We've talked every day on Skype and I still have to hold myself back from calling him. I know he misses me too, but probably not THAT much. I feel a little out of control. Granted it's a combination of being really bored (there's nothing to do at home) and having nothing to distract me, but even when I do have something to do I'm thinking of him.

I want to know how you guys do it...it'll be awhile since we have to be apart from each other for a real significant amount of time, and the relationship is still pretty new, but I feel pretty certain something good is going to come out of this and I'd like to gather some advice on how to deal with it beforehand.

From hell's heart, I stab at thee.

Dangerous Prophet

13,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Nerd 50
The Zodikosis

My boyfriend and I aren't technically in an LDR yet, but coming winter break and summer break he'll be living pretty far away from me. Not so far I can't visit, but far enough that we can't see each other every week. At most we'll be able to visit each other for two weeks out of four months.

The last time I was in an LDR I had a super tough time dealing with it. I was depressed, suspicious, paranoid, lovesick, etc. Hell, even now, I went home for four days for the holiday and I really miss him already. We've talked every day on Skype and I still have to hold myself back from calling him. I know he misses me too, but probably not THAT much. I feel a little out of control. Granted it's a combination of being really bored (there's nothing to do at home) and having nothing to distract me, but even when I do have something to do I'm thinking of him.

I want to know how you guys do it...it'll be awhile since we have to be apart from each other for a real significant amount of time, and the relationship is still pretty new, but I feel pretty certain something good is going to come out of this and I'd like to gather some advice on how to deal with it beforehand.

From hell's heart, I stab at thee.

Well keeping contact is a given, but it always helps me when my boyfriend sends me packages and what not, and he loves my letters, we've been together for close to a year, and we still haven't met in person yet. Yes I know crazy right? I think it would be a cool idea if you two exchanged things to sleep with or wear or something like that as commemoration for when you two are apart so you'll always have a piece of each other around when you two are separated so to speak. Keep pictures around and what not.

Feral Kitten

My hubby is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Diamond Regular

Shadowed Prayer

I'm so glad to hear it!
smile

Feral Kitten

Sergeant Baby Bear
Shadowed Prayer

I'm so glad to hear it!
smile

Thank you!!! blaugh

Are you excited to go see Chris?

Diamond Regular

Shadowed Prayer
Thank you!!! blaugh

More than excited! I tear-up every time I see a picture of him.
C':

Feral Kitten

Sergeant Baby Bear
Shadowed Prayer
Thank you!!! blaugh

More than excited! I tear-up every time I see a picture of him.
C':

I was tearing up when I saw Micah walking towards me. It took so much effort into not breakign down and crying right there.

Greedy Cat

Shadowed Prayer

That's awesome!! heart

Greedy Fatcat

I will refrain from spilling unnecessary drama since I like to keep my relationship private. But I am so fuming mad right now. Or sad.
I honestly can't tell.

Angelic Star

I have been with my boyfriend for 8 years smile heart
I live in Georgia and he lives in California
It's going well and we already made plans to live together in California
(we already met each other face to face)

Dangerous Prophet

13,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Nerd 50
ainoxtenshi
I have been with my boyfriend for 8 years smile heart
I live in Georgia and he lives in California
It's going well and we already made plans to live together in California
(we already met each other face to face)

VERY HAPPY FOR YOU! I hope that things continue to go well for you both! heart

Diamond Regular

SO READY to fly and be with him.

Even more ready to marry him and live with him.
xd

6,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
soo ive been in the LDR game for about 3 months now..me and my gf met on gaia and we live pretty far from each other, i live in Alaska and she lives Louisiana
its kinda hard for us to talk to each other on the phone since her dad is kinda strict about this kind of stuff...we've only talked on the phone once but it didnt last too long
i feel like rly like this girl alot but its rly hard to stay in touch with each other gonk
any suggestions??
Oi, I'm new 'round these parts. (Relatively. I've just begun on Gaia again after a several-year hiatus.)
But I saw this thread and had to jump in and introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Nik. I've been in a LDR for nearly six months now.

When we met -- about two and a half years ago, on a writing forum -- I lived in Connecticut and she lived in Virginia.
We chatted daily through IMs and the like. Basically, she was my best friend, aaand I had a bit of a crush.
I left Connecticut for school; I started college in Virginia (still 3 hours away from her) in August 2010.
We met in person for the first time last April and started dating shortly thereafter.
Summer was hard because I was back in CT, but she visited me there, which was nice.
I haven't seen her since July, because her (parked) car was totalled (no, she was not in it).
And a three hour drive proves difficult when we're both tight on cash and neither of us have a car.

I'm taking a train out to her for fall break, though! Yay!

I tried to keep it short and sweet, but I still feel like it's a novel. Oops.
Anyway. HI ALL. I'LL BE FREQUENTING. ^^;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces