Welcome to Gaia! ::

dark lord stormaggedon
anonkidz
Actually that would be pretty cool(especially if i still had le d**k.) I mean imagine the s**t i could get away with, going into girls bathroom, "playfully" squeezing tits. I mean nothing at all would change about my personality, because i'd still be the same smart a**,pervert,otaku, kid as before.

have you ever read one of those stories where someone makes a wish but it goes horrible after a while? you're only thinking short-term. at first you'd think it's awesome but after a while, you'd get annoyed and just feel generally uncomfortable being a woman.
pros: whatever you just said, though i've never seen anyone who playfully squeeze tits
cons: female pronouns, v****a, bleeding v****a, constant shaving, having to wear dresses to formal events, ******** high heels, pregnancy, pregnancy, pregnancy, you might get pregnant, ew pregnancy.

yeah but you said if people TREATED me like a girl. Meaning i wouldnt have all the parts. Even with all the cons, i'd still be the same me, not giving a ******** about any of that crap.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
ChiyuriYami
anonkidz
How to check your gender

step 1: look down your pants

step 2: profit.

Your trick has failed to identify gender.
But you have successfully identified someone's sex. Not the finding ya were trying to make but stil la findthing never the less...
Sadly most people already knew that so your finding is pointless.

Wait, so your genitals have nothing to do with gender? But has to do with their sex?

This doesn't make sense to me.

Aged Codger

anonkidz
dark lord stormaggedon
anonkidz
Actually that would be pretty cool(especially if i still had le d**k.) I mean imagine the s**t i could get away with, going into girls bathroom, "playfully" squeezing tits. I mean nothing at all would change about my personality, because i'd still be the same smart a**,pervert,otaku, kid as before.

have you ever read one of those stories where someone makes a wish but it goes horrible after a while? you're only thinking short-term. at first you'd think it's awesome but after a while, you'd get annoyed and just feel generally uncomfortable being a woman.
pros: whatever you just said, though i've never seen anyone who playfully squeeze tits
cons: female pronouns, v****a, bleeding v****a, constant shaving, having to wear dresses to formal events, ******** high heels, pregnancy, pregnancy, pregnancy, you might get pregnant, ew pregnancy.

yeah but you said if people TREATED me like a girl. Meaning i wouldnt have all the parts. Even with all the cons, i'd still be the same me, not giving a ******** about any of that crap.

yeah well i changed my mind. and obviously you're going to say that you wouldn't give a ******** because you
a.) haven't experienced it and
b.) saying you would would make your own argument invalid and you don't want that to happen.
i can easily say that me being a guy would be the best thing in the world because of reasons but if it actually happened to me, i'd get sick of it. if you seriously don't care though, then you should go live as a girl for a few days. because it'd be awesome, right? you can easily start doing it right now.
dark lord stormaggedon
anonkidz
dark lord stormaggedon
anonkidz

yeah well i changed my mind. and obviously you're going to say that you wouldn't give a ******** because you
a.) haven't experienced it and
b.) saying you would would make your own argument invalid and you don't want that to happen.
i can easily say that me being a guy would be the best thing in the world because of reasons but if it actually happened to me, i'd get sick of it. if you seriously don't care though, then you should go live as a girl for a few days. because it'd be awesome, right? you can easily start doing it right now.

I wouldnt care because i'd still be human. We all know humans suck anyway. Guy or girl really doesnt matter to me, im still stuck on earth with a bunch of ********.

Aged Codger

anonkidz
I wouldnt care because i'd still be human. We all know humans suck anyway. Guy or girl really doesnt matter to me, im still stuck on earth with a bunch of ********]

i have absolutely no idea what being human has to do with me telling you to become a girl for a few days but okay.
i still want you to go girl though.
dark lord stormaggedon
anonkidz
I wouldnt care because i'd still be human. We all know humans suck anyway. Guy or girl really doesnt matter to me, im still stuck on earth with a bunch of ********]

i have absolutely no idea what being human has to do with me telling you to become a girl for a few days but okay.

so you want me to grow tits and a v****a over the next couple days? and not everything in the universe has a gender, so it really still comes down to species.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Chartreusethewaterdemon
lol, all this stuff about gender identity today.

I thought I was a girl when I was a little boy blaugh I played with barbies and polly-pockets and I even stole my mom's dolls dresses now and then.

There was absoloutley no influnence on me as to that behavior, no older sisters dressing me up, no effeminate father (ANYTHING but effeminate really) No obsessive mother.

And today, I am completely satisfied with being male, and am more comfortable with being one than I can ever honestly imagine being female.

They have done studies on children raised to be the opposite gender, they more often than not desire to be the gender they originally were, gender identity is definitely made up by the person, not the environment.

You can give a girl all the toy trucks you want, don't mean she'll play with them.

I was pretty much the same way, but female who like to play with boy toys. Actually, when it came to clothes, I didn't get into the feminine ring of things until after 10th grade. Wore boyish clothes, no jewelry, no makeup, all that stuff. And I wasn't raised by people who prompted my boyish behavior either.

Guess it was some sort of faze. I'm pretty satisfied with being a lady myself. I still don't understand how to do my hair though sweatdrop
anonkidz
dark lord stormaggedon
anonkidz

so you want me to grow tits and a v****a over the next couple days? and not everything in the universe has a gender, so it really still comes down to species.

I mean im not saying that theres no difference bewteen being a female or male, yeah there is, im just saying i'd probably get used to it and feel comfortable with it after awhile.

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Oblivion Blades
Track01_Rebuild
Reportable
Chartreusethewaterdemon
lol, all this stuff about gender identity today.

I thought I was a girl when I was a little boy blaugh I played with barbies and polly-pockets and I even stole my mom's dolls dresses now and then.

There was absoloutley no influnence on me as to that behavior, no older sisters dressing me up, no effeminate father (ANYTHING but effeminate really) No obsessive mother.

And today, I am completely satisfied with being male, and am more comfortable with being one than I can ever honestly imagine being female.

They have done studies on children raised to be the opposite gender, they more often than not desire to be the gender they originally were, gender identity is definitely made up by the person, not the environment.

You can give a girl all the toy trucks you want, don't mean she'll play with them.

(I realized after my post how much this forum is talking about gender lol)

My sister joined the debate with my friend and mentioned a bunch of stuff from her sociology class she just had this semester.

Apparently being born female is one thing, but being taught how to be female is another thing. If a baby girl is always around a mother who wears perfume, the daughter is going to learn that females should smell pretty. If she always put an effort into doing her hair and make up, the child is going to learn that females should look pretty. The same goes for what they wear and what they play with. Essentially she said that a female child will probably recognize that they are a female, but how they act (in the sense of being female) depends on what they see and learn from everyone around them.

I used to always play in the mud and I never cared what I looked like (as far as clothing and what not went) when I was growing up in Germany, but as soon as we moved to the states and I started middle school, wow did the girls in my grade ever make fun of me. I didn't start acting like a girl until I was made fun of for not acting like a girl.

Growing up, I spent much more time with my mother, while my older sister went hunting on weekends with my father. She wore makeup and perfume and dressed pretty.

I am FtM.

Explain how I learned that, then.

Yeah - I've practically never had a man in my life who would have taught me anything, I lack the "male role model" that usually comes in the form of a father or brother or cousin or teacher or whateverthehellyouwill. Overall, I've had very little to do with any men at all so far, and I'm FtM as well.

Same here. Actually, I went through a phase of trying to fitting in with the girls when I was 12-ish. I've always acted like a guy, and have always gotten along with guys easier and had more guys friends, but all my role models have been feminine and/or females. So to say it's environmental, for some people to say it's environmental, it kind of pisses me off. I know it shouldn't, but what they're trying to say is that the way I think is in a way controlled by others, not how I behave based on the social norm.

Where I was going to middle school the guys were really set apart from the guys socially, but a few of the lesser popular girls (who acted the same, mind you) and guys interacted a bit with both. But the girls all had a set opinion that girls wore dresses, skirts, and skimpy outfits, didn't do any sports, and didn't talk to the guys. So aside from the skimpy clothing, our school was kindergarten throughout all grades.

The point of me bringing that up is that IF is were environmental, I would be wearing what they were, and I would be acting like they do, but I'm not because my gender identity is not influenced by others, but my understanding of gender roles is.

Shy Seeker

Oblivion Blades
Track01_Rebuild
Growing up, I spent much more time with my mother, while my older sister went hunting on weekends with my father. She wore makeup and perfume and dressed pretty.

I am FtM.

Explain how I learned that, then.

Yeah - I've practically never had a man in my life who would have taught me anything, I lack the "male role model" that usually comes in the form of a father or brother or cousin or teacher or whateverthehellyouwill. Overall, I've had very little to do with any men at all so far, and I'm FtM as well.

Ditto, although in reverse of course (MtF). I think my parents may have been a little more lax on some parts of gender role enforcement than some other parents, particularly my mom, but they still raised me as a boy with toys commonly given to boys and what not.

Most of my friends throughout life have been girls/women, going all the way back to the earliest years of elementary school, despite some people like teachers urging me to play with the boys at times.

I had a friend who tried to convince me that there must have been some environmental influence that made me transgendered and feel that I'm female, such as on TV or something like that, but I just can't think of anything that would have had such a dominant effect. Most of what was pushed on me was typically boy-oriented. Besides, even if there was something, she couldn't explain the original cause of why I would have constantly been more interested in stuff generally aimed at females rather than the vast majority of stuff I was exposed to that was generally aimed at males.

I agree on the difference between people's personal gender identities and gender roles and gender expression, though. There's certainly a ton of social construction involved in many of the specifics of gender roles, some of which gets really ridiculous when people try to enforce it on others.

Blackrose_Knight
Playing with cars or dolls is not written in genetic code. Those are gender stereotyped behaviors encouraged by popular society. Stores have "boys toys" and "girls toys" sections, they are almost always separate and almost always the girl section done in pink, boys done in blue. None of that is genetic, but learned social behaviors and expectations force fed to parents and kids.

Agreed! I found it so amusing when I learned for the first time that the supposedly standard colour dichotomy actually used to be reversed. ^^

Quote:
In the first decades of the twentieth century, clothing became color coded. The only problem was choosing the right color scheme. A 1918 editorial entitled "Pink or Blue?" in the magazine The Infants' Department explained:

"there has been a great diversity of opinion on the subject, but the generally accepted rule is pink for the boy and blue for the girl. The reason is that pink being a more decided and stronger color is more suitable for the boy; while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl."

It is unclear exactly why these colors were subsequently reversed. At the time, boys wore pink or red because they were manly colors indicating strength and determination, and girls wore light blue, an airier color, like the sky, because girls were so flighty. Parents debated the question in the letters column of the Sears, Roebuck catalog and eventually flipped over to the present color arrangement. But as late as 1939 the debate continued, as "What Color for Your Baby?," an article in Parents Magazine, suggested that "red symbolizes zeal and courage, while blue is symbolic of faith and constancy."
Manhood in America: A Cultural History by Michael Kimmel (pages 160 & 161)

Angelic Streaker

10,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Partygoer 500
It's a learned behavior, you are correct.
You can see it in other tribes who do not practice or teach any gender behavior or roles. While they have both 'typical' men and women roles, they also have some 'in-betweens' where a role is not defined. They let people 'choose' or 'learn' their own way instead of pushing them into categories based off of their genitals.

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Sociologically, I am completely beyond gender stereotypes. I like to imagine I'm completely neutral, and that gender is totally irrelevant.

But my heart refuses to cooperate. It tells me what I am, and I am helpless to my inner nature.
I think its the way your raised. I never bought the whole "born this way" idea.

When I was a toddler my mom and aunts forced me into a dress and everyone laughed at me.
Those Douche bags stare

From then on I knew that boys dealing with anything effeminate was bad news.

actual vulcan's Significant Otter

Anxious Fairy

9,100 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Gender Swap 100
I don't think it is learned, from the things that I have watched, and a few of the people that I have talked to it seems to be like they feel as if something is wrong their whole life :p. However I have never done extensive research so I can't make an educated opinion sweatdrop

But I grew up with my mom and five sisters, while I am not as masculine as other guys, I do not have gender identity disorder either :p I am a male xP I feel as if I am a male :p Metrosexual but a male none the less 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff