Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Man-Lover

22,625 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Bookworm 100
Well that chick obviously wanted attention and to make a big deal out of such a small matter. But she might live with parents that are a tad on the strict side, which tends to lead a lot of kids into rebellion. Just sayin'.
But the religous matter, I do see a lot of discrimination to people with faith. I can understand it if it's for a sirius reason and that person is trying to shove their religion and beliefs and such down someones throat, but in your case it's just........ pathetic really. Sure I don't really have to much belief for Christianity because of so many of those psychotic Christians, I rarely find people of your faith that are accepting of everything. But I still respect your views, values, beliefs, etc.
But I'm one of thos epeople you leave me alone, I'll leave you along. If your going to judge me for who I am and everything, then I'm going to either ignore you or I'm going to bash on you.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Hey you're back! I thought you left for good!
Anyway I agree with you.
AllThingsNew101
Sekhmet-chan
A word of advice, I find it makes life a lot easier if one doesn't bring up religion. On Gaia, religion is like abortion, people get all worked up and start using emotion evoking phrases that accomplish nothing in the conversation. Just let it go and be proud of who you are.

Nope, sorry, can't do that.
My faith is a HUGE part of who I am.
I am not going to be silent about it up just because people chose to make gross gerneralizations about it.

Then more power to you, my friend. I understand that your faith helps to make you who you are, but there are some battles that don't need to be fought. People who have already formed an opinion on something are not likely to change that opinion. They may even reply with the comments like the ones you see above me.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
AllThingsNew101
Sekhmet-chan
A word of advice, I find it makes life a lot easier if one doesn't bring up religion. On Gaia, religion is like abortion, people get all worked up and start using emotion evoking phrases that accomplish nothing in the conversation. Just let it go and be proud of who you are.

I am not going to be silent about it up just because people chose to make gross gerneralizations about it.

I understand that completely. In my firs account, I was the same way, but I learned that you can't win with these people. A lot of them either come from the hypocritical homes they claim represent all Christians or don't have any experiences with actual Christians. It's better to just let them be the way they are than argue, because their opinions won't change

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Kitakiy

I didn't mean all, if you actually read my post, I clearly said most.
I'm friends with a few normal ones...but I've just ran into a lot of obnoxious ones over the years.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
blazewing2010
Just pointing out that the christians, have no right to complain about discrimination. Especially since they see the "god given" right to decide who I'm allowed to marry, etc etc.

All I'm trying to say is they're not completely blameless

But... they DO have a right to complain about discrimination... just like you do...
Obviously, the hate-filled bitchy ones are not blameless, but the nice, caring ones who DON'T personally discriminate or treat people like crap - um... yea, they are blameless.

Generalizations people... let's stop this. Why can't people just talk s**t about the assholes instead of deciding that, say, kittens are ALL assholes because one time one scratched you and it hurt and then you treat all of the other kittens like assholes. "THAT'S FOR THAT ONE TIME WHEN ONE OF YOUR PEOPLE SCRATCHED ME, BITCHES!" Instead, squirt the little scratching kitten in the face and let all the other kittens laugh at it with you ^_^
Queen Shining Heaven
AllThingsNew101
Sekhmet-chan

I understand that completely. In my firs account, I was the same way, but I learned that you can't win with these people. A lot of them either come from the hypocritical homes they claim represent all Christians or don't have any experiences with actual Christians. It's better to just let them be the way they are than argue, because their opinions won't change

The sad part it...I am starting to think you are right!

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
AllThingsNew101
XinfinitelyX
Christianity is a hypocritical religion.

That is all.

Be Christian if you want,
But if you try shoving it down my throat,
I'll barf it back up and force-feed it to you. neutral

That being said, I do have some Christian friends. Only because they're nice.

Christianity is NOT a hypocritical religion.
It can only be that if it taught hypocrosy, which is does not.
Now there are lots of hypocritical christians, but that makes the PEOPLE hypocritical, not the religion.

I meant the bible itself.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I Shall Grant You NoMercy
Kitakiy

I'm friends with a few normal ones...but I've just ran into a lot of obnoxious ones over the years.

And if you read mine, I clearly noted that you indeed did say 'most' ^_^ but most is still kind of unfair, don't you think?

Devoted Pirate

I have a problem with Christian fundamentalists, and some basic Christian tenants about sex/purity. I find those things to be harmful and detrimental to society as a whole.

However, that does not mean I lump all Christians in with those groups. OP, your advice seemed reasonable, exactly what I would have said actually, and I am certainly NOT a Christian.

I can tell you my Christian hate comes from Christianity trying to insert itself into the American government. I find it reaching, disgusting, and abhorrent. Faith needs to stay out of government, period. I also find the current ideas Christianity (generally speaking) spreads about homosexuality, and abortion/women's rights to be anti-people anti-women and filled with hate. I find myself wanting to spit at most Christian institutions . Sometimes I find it hard to separate people from faith power bases and organizations. I try though. Sometimes I fail.

Rainbow Ladykiller

blazewing2010
I find it hilarious that Christians complain about discrimination at all, considering all the pagans they killed, tortured and humiliated, not to mention all the other religions they've buttraped as well. Look at the Salem Witch Trials, or better yet, the Crusades!
Yup! That was all done by so called "Christians."
This is why I dont have time for any christian who forces their god down my throat. I don't force my beliefs down theirs.

Do you know about all the other groups of people who killed, tortured, and humiliated other groups of people?
White people killed and tortured throughout history, yet there are parts of the world where white people are discriminated against. Should those individuals not try to stop the discrimination because of their ancestors?
Discrimination goes both ways.
I Shall Grant You NoMercy
Kitakiy

You can't say Most...because you have not met most Christians.
We are 2 billion deep. So the 100 or so you have met can't be used as a means of judging the 2 billion.

And what the heck is a "normal" Christian? Who said you get to decide what a "normal" anything is?

Devoted Pirate

blazewing2010
, not to mention all the other religions they've buttraped as well. Look at the Salem Witch Trials,

No witches were killed during the Salem Witch Trials. That is a perfect example of crowd mentality, and abusing a system to take land from other people.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
blazewing2010
I find it hilarious that Christians complain about discrimination at all, considering all the pagans they killed, tortured and humiliated, not to mention all the other religions they've buttraped as well. Look at the Salem Witch Trials, or better yet, the Crusades!
Yup! That was all done by so called "Christians."
This is why I dont have time for any christian who forces their god down my throat. I don't force my beliefs down theirs.

And umm... yup exactly because the Christians on this website killed those pagans with their bare hands? So they should suffer.
THAT makes a whole lot of sense...

Tipsy Exhibitionist

AllThingsNew101
Sekhmet-chan

Matthew 6:5
And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff