• Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
ice queen in a dark tower
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
There are different sects of Christianity and not all of the sects believe hateful things.
are you talking specifically about what the religion teaches or what the people actually follow?
Obviously about what they follow. The bible teaches that it's ok to keep slaves but you don't see everyone accusing Christians of keeping slaves, because a very high percentage doesn't. xD It's more about interpretation of the bible and the understanding of the times it was written in. Some people take the bad things written in it more literally than others, but they shouldn't be spoken in for everyone. Considering that the bible has so many authors, it is likely that not all of them were "guided by god" when they wrote what they wrote, thus why not everything in the bible is considered a "Christian belief", such as keeping slaves or stoning a child to death for disobeying his parents. I think that the people are the ones who make the religion what it is, and because people interpret the religion differently and have different sects, they shouldn't all be grouped together because some of the beliefs of different sects are very different from one another.
from my knowledge of christianity, most of them are generally the same. all of them are pretty ridiculous
i dont consider a slightly different interpretation of a book that i find ridiculous to be a significant difference
In my original post I did say that most Christians had an ignorant or hateful belief. And I don't think Mormonism is a slightly different interpretation.
it's significant
ly more ridiculous
emotion_facepalm

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Marcus Junius Brutus
blazewing2010
I find it hilarious that Christians complain about discrimination at all, considering all the pagans they killed, tortured and humiliated, not to mention all the other religions they've buttraped as well. Look at the Salem Witch Trials, or better yet, the Crusades!

Are you serious right now, bruv?
I'm sorry. I don't speak idiot.
Chartreusethewaterdemon
Jesse Troy
Chartreusethewaterdemon
Haters gonna Hate Bro.

I don't have a problem with Christians or any other manner of religious people, I have a problem with rude people. You don't have to be of a certain religious persuasion to be a jackass.

Did you put peanut butter on your face or something?

No, my dog just loves me. Assuming you are referring to my sig that is.

Yep I was referring to your sig.
My dog will sneak up and kiss me. She always goes for the lips. gonk

Fanatical Codger

Jesse Troy
Chartreusethewaterdemon
Jesse Troy
Chartreusethewaterdemon
Haters gonna Hate Bro.

I don't have a problem with Christians or any other manner of religious people, I have a problem with rude people. You don't have to be of a certain religious persuasion to be a jackass.

Did you put peanut butter on your face or something?

No, my dog just loves me. Assuming you are referring to my sig that is.

Yep I was referring to your sig.
My dog will sneak up and kiss me. She always goes for the lips. gonk

Mine goes for what is eye level to her. Usually the knees.

But yeah, its a sweet gesture, but dog tongue on your face isn't always pleasant. sweatdrop
blazewing2010
I find it hilarious that Christians complain about discrimination at all, considering all the pagans they killed, tortured and humiliated, not to mention all the other religions they've buttraped as well. Look at the Salem Witch Trials, or better yet, the Crusades!

Yup! That was all done by so called "Christians."

This is why I dont have time for any christian who forces their god down my throat. I don't force my beliefs down theirs.

Oh my GOSH! This again?

Yo, I was NOT there at the Salem Whitch Trials, or the Crusades, or the Spanish Inquisition. I had nothing to do with ANY of that. Yes, I know they were HORRIBLE things done in the name of the Church, or God, but WHY do people talk as if Christians today support those horrible things. We don't. Thats like hating all German's today because of the Holocaust. Or, being a black man, me hating all white people because of 300 years of slavery!. Thats just not logical. We live in different times.

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Marcus Junius Brutus
I Shall Grant You NoMercy
Christrens hyprocrties Relgion So if a bat-s**t insane Christens gose and woman having free will over their bodies, then there hyprocrties arnt Relgion

I cried.

FUUUUUUUUUU
Thats it, Im using Safari from now on.
This Gaia app is pissing me off.
classified_fu

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
AllThingsNew101
blazewing2010

Yup! That was all done by so called "Christians."

This is why I dont have time for any christian who forces their god down my throat. I don't force my beliefs down theirs.

Oh my GOSH! This again?

Yo, I was NOT there at the Salem Whitch Trials, or the Crusades, or the Spanish Inquisition. I had nothing to do with ANY of that. Yes, I know they were HORRIBLE things done in the name of the Church, or God, but WHY do people talk as if Christians today support those horrible things. We don't. Thats like hating all German's today because of the Holocaust. Or, being a black man, me hating all white people because of 300 years of slavery!. Thats just not logical. We live in different times.
Just pointing out that the christians, have no right to complain about discrimination. Especially since they see the "god given" right to decide who I'm allowed to marry, etc etc.

All I'm trying to say is they're not completely blameless

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Christianity is a hypocritical religion.

That is all.

Be Christian if you want,
But if you try shoving it down my throat,
I'll barf it back up and force-feed it to you. neutral

That being said, I do have some Christian friends. Only because they're nice.

Rainbow Ladykiller

Christrens are hyprocrties, because their Relgion teaches them to be loving.

In general, most people are taught to be nice, not just Christians.
The majority of people are hypocrites.
A word of advice, I find it makes life a lot easier if one doesn't bring up religion. On Gaia, religion is like abortion, people get all worked up and start using emotion evoking phrases that accomplish nothing in the conversation. Just let it go and be proud of who you are.
XinfinitelyX
Christianity is a hypocritical religion.

That is all.

Be Christian if you want,
But if you try shoving it down my throat,
I'll barf it back up and force-feed it to you. neutral

That being said, I do have some Christian friends. Only because they're nice.

Christianity is NOT a hypocritical religion.
It can only be that if it taught hypocrosy, which is does not.
Now there are lots of hypocritical christians, but that makes the PEOPLE hypocritical, not the religion.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Christrens are hyprocrties, because their Relgion teaches them to be loving. So if a bat-s**t insane Christens gose on a butthurt rampage about how much they hate homosexuals and woman having free will over their bodies, then there hyprocrties, because they arnt following their Relgion that they constantly shove down everyones throats. Well... most anyway.
COMPRENDO?

Confused as to why the OP agreed with this

You just called all christians (and at the end I saw the 'most' but that's not even accurate - sounds like hate-speech to me) hypocritical and whatnot - there are plenty of christians who don't care who anyone screws and don't care if women get abortions and whatnot. Yes, it IS hypocritical of them to say one thing and then act a different way... but the statement 'christians are hypocrites' is totally unfair. I could go around and say 'aetheists are whiners' and no matter what I say after that, I have still made an unfair generalization. I think this kind of talk is what is bothering the OP, along with the hate speech that seems to go unnoticed when involving religious content.
But yes, the christians that ARE hypocritical bible-thumping nutjobs ARE irritating and not in the least bit pleasant. Unfortunately, you WILL come across more of those than the other annoying religious fanatics, simply because there are more christians in general.
Sekhmet-chan
A word of advice, I find it makes life a lot easier if one doesn't bring up religion. On Gaia, religion is like abortion, people get all worked up and start using emotion evoking phrases that accomplish nothing in the conversation. Just let it go and be proud of who you are.

Nope, sorry, can't do that.
My faith is a HUGE part of who I am.
I am not going to be silent about it up just because people chose to make gross gerneralizations about it.
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Obviously about what they follow. The bible teaches that it's ok to keep slaves but you don't see everyone accusing Christians of keeping slaves, because a very high percentage doesn't. xD It's more about interpretation of the bible and the understanding of the times it was written in. Some people take the bad things written in it more literally than others, but they shouldn't be spoken in for everyone. Considering that the bible has so many authors, it is likely that not all of them were "guided by god" when they wrote what they wrote, thus why not everything in the bible is considered a "Christian belief", such as keeping slaves or stoning a child to death for disobeying his parents. I think that the people are the ones who make the religion what it is, and because people interpret the religion differently and have different sects, they shouldn't all be grouped together because some of the beliefs of different sects are very different from one another.
from my knowledge of christianity, most of them are generally the same. all of them are pretty ridiculous
i dont consider a slightly different interpretation of a book that i find ridiculous to be a significant difference
In my original post I did say that most Christians had an ignorant or hateful belief. And I don't think Mormonism is a slightly different interpretation.
it's significant
ly more ridiculous
emotion_facepalm
ok, so adding an extra set of ridiculous beliefs onto a set of beliefs that are ALREADY ridiculous makes it anything OTHER than ridiculous?
i dont see how thats facepalm worthy at all

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces