Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
I don't care what religion a person is.
I just don't want them shoving their beliefs down my throat.

Familiar Poster

Sooooo...she hates you for being christian?.....Oh well.
I find it amusingly ironic when Christians in predominatly Christian nations complain about being discriminated against.
the chi priesthood
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

D'awwww, I wanted to see the p***s festival thing again.

Chatty Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
While I do agree that it is a little unnecessary and wrong for her to go that far based on your religion, there is a reason why people respond like this. The truth is that, there really aren't many Christians out there who aren't ignorant, and I am completely respectful of the ones who aren't, but they just don't come around often, and they ignorant ones usually have certain beliefs from their religion that are hateful or contradict themselves or make absolutely no sense, which is why many people often get angry towards Christians. And while I do think it's wrong to judge someone solely based on their religion, I also think it is wrong to believe hateful things because of your religion, and as long as you are not doing anything or saying anything hateful, then there is no reason for you to be attacked like that.
Marcus Junius Brutus
AllThingsNew101
Marcus Junius Brutus
Quote:
I am a Christian, and one day I was posting in a thead about how this one girl hated her parents because they would not let her wear tight clothing. I commented that the girl (who was 16) should probably just wait until got out of her parents house before wearing tight clothes, and that fighting her parents on such a trivial topic would cause more harm than good. I developed a following in the thread of people who agreed.

Then I got a PM from the OP of the thread, saying the worst things. Calling me a pig headed, backwards Christian legalist, and how she hates me for being Christian (I am not making this up). Needless to say, I was a little more than offended.

Hey, I'm an atheist and I completely agree with you on that. Some people just don't want to listen to reason. Did you report that PM?

Naw, I didn't Maybe I should have. I don't know. That kind of message makes the day rainy, if you know what I mean. I just left it alone.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. Probably best to just delete it and forget about it. 3nodding

Yeah. Moving on is the best move.
I guess I ahve this thing about people. I like to get to know people on an individual basis...
the chi priesthood
Faux-Nom
the chi priesthood
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

D'awwww, I wanted to see the p***s festival thing again.

Just for you
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
i need to find more pics

rofl
Cracks me up every time. Thanks man.
The Whiskey Rebellion
AllThingsNew101
Needless to say, I was a little more than offended.

Skip to 1:14 please, sir.

Um...clever?

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Moogle Voodoo
I don't care what religion a person is.
I just don't want them shoving their beliefs down my throat.

Anxious Prophet

AllThingsNew101
The Whiskey Rebellion
AllThingsNew101
Needless to say, I was a little more than offended.

Skip to 1:14 please, sir.

Um...clever?

That and.......forgiveness is what christians are taught to do.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

Well, you can't expect a lot from a raging 16-year-old.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff