Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've never really been cyberbullied, no.

And if I was, I would just block the person.

Dapper Phantom

CellphoneTL

When a person gets access to your social networks, blocking them doesn't help. This person found my Facebook and ******** with a ton of people I know. I made everything private and he stopped but I honestly think that was only because I was prepared to fight him and court and I found out what city he's in. Son of a b***h tried to ruin my life from over 2,000 miles away.
Hitch Slap
CellphoneTL

When a person gets access to your social networks, blocking them doesn't help. This person found my Facebook and ******** with a ton of people I know. I made everything private and he stopped but I honestly think that was only because I was prepared to fight him and court and I found out what city he's in. Son of a b***h tried to ruin my life from over 2,000 miles away.

He was saying things to your friends too?

;o

Dapper Phantom

CellphoneTL
Hitch Slap
CellphoneTL

He was saying things to your friends too?

;o
Yeah. At the time he was telling my BF's mother that we were buying drugs from him. Fortunately, she didn't fall for it. He also told a ton of people that I was dead. He set my boyfriend threatening letters but we couldn't do anything about the death threats because he is in a different state than us. I actually went as far as to call the FBI and they said that I can't do anything unless he crosses the border of my state and I feel he came to get us, and that I would have to contact my county police department. Even then I would have to show some sort of proof that he's there to harm us-- they could just chalk it off as paranoia. So I am rarely unarmed now. I would probably kill the sonnabitch on sight. I am almost certain he will someday come harass me at conventions, concerts, and/or the Pride Parade in San Francisco. I am a performer so he could find me easily. I am worried he'll have a gun, even though he's a convicted felon. Everyone else thinks he's just a coward and talks big...

It doesn't help that he's ugly and runs around in a dress and has long, balding hair and messy make up on like 24/7. He's a scary transvestite, so I'd have no problem spotting his weirdness in a crowd.
Neopets. I could blame hormones, or I could blame them, but either way... I cried. .__.; And let me tell you, it doesn't help when people downplay your feelings just because it's the internet.
xXDarkNimeLoverXx
Namekuji Kimi
I believe in the vast majority of cases (notice how I did not say ALL) cyber-bullying is complete bull s**t.

You can block people, you can choose to ignore a site, make a new account, etc, etc.

It REALLY is not hard to remove your self from the situation.

The only time I think it is legitimate is when it boils over into real life; such as when someone is spreading rumors and harassing someone on Facebook, and then the people at school torment the individual because of what was done online.

But then I consider that normal bullying.

Cyber-bullying that is PURELY online is pathetic, and easily avoidable.

The thing is people shouldnt have to be blocking others for harassing them in the first place.

s**t happens, the world isn't a happy, perfect place. We can't cry every time someone is mean, we have to ******** adapt. Saying, "Oh, we shouldn't have to block in the first place!" Is pathetic.

7,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Namekuji Kimi
xXDarkNimeLoverXx
Namekuji Kimi
I believe in the vast majority of cases (notice how I did not say ALL) cyber-bullying is complete bull s**t.

You can block people, you can choose to ignore a site, make a new account, etc, etc.

The only time I think it is legitimate is when it boils over into real life; such as when someone is spreading rumors and harassing someone on Facebook, and then the people at school torment the individual because of what was done online.

The thing is people shouldnt have to be blocking others for harassing them in the first place.

s**t happens, the world isn't a happy, perfect place. We can't cry every time someone is mean, we have to ******** adapt. Saying, "Oh, we shouldn't have to block in the first place!" Is pathetic.

so your calling me pathetic? Gee dont attack me for my views. Its true we shouldnt, im not saying it doesnt happen but it really shouldnt.
xXDarkNimeLoverXx
Namekuji Kimi
xXDarkNimeLoverXx
Namekuji Kimi

so your calling me pathetic? Gee dont attack me for my views. Its true we shouldnt, im not saying it doesnt happen but it really shouldnt.

That's like saying "there shouldn't be murder." Yeah, it would be nice and dandy if there was no murder, but that's not going to happen, people suck.

What is the point in saying there shouldn't be? Obviously, but it isn't an argument.
No, I've not been cyber-bullied before. I've met a lot of assholes, but I've not had anyone purposely stalking and attacking me.

I had a friend who was cyber-bullied on facebook by her classmates. They made fake accounts pretending to be her and post edited humiliating photos. In the end she told me that the teachers stepped in and the classmates were suspended. She moved schools.

7,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Namekuji Kimi
xXDarkNimeLoverXx
Namekuji Kimi
xXDarkNimeLoverXx
Namekuji Kimi

That's like saying "there shouldn't be murder." Yeah, it would be nice and dandy if there was no murder, but that's not going to happen, people suck.

What is the point in saying there shouldn't be? Obviously, but it isn't an argument.

WEell there shouldnt be murder, of course there always is going to be, good reason or bad, you have no bunisess passing judgment on me for what I seem fit to believe. I also know "The world isnt a happy perfect place." Your telling that to someone who knows that all to well. Im just saying Ive seen multiple cases of this, and it should not get as far as it does. Thats what I meant.

Friendly Gawker

1. During school, I had an online boyfriend and, despite the fact he lived in the same country and just 2 hours away, we never met. He led me on, manipulating me and making me do some really stupid things for over a year until he finally came out that he never loved me, he just kept things going with me as a joke with his friends. His friends had helped come up with some of the stupid s**t he got me to do. (for the record, he never got me to do anything sexual, just other stupid little things)

2. After the above incident, when Piczo was THE thing at school and everyone was making their own Piczo sites and sharing them, my group of friends had a big falling out... and why? Um, because one friend of mine was mad when I said that I was planning to dye my hair black... she said she was thinking of it first and that I was copying her... emotion_facepalm So on her Piczo site, on the page that are usually shout-outs to friends, she took down the nice things she said about me and covered my picture with marqueeing text, calling me b***h, whore and emo... all because of hair colour. emotion_drool

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
i AM the cyberbully

mad mad mad

give me your cyberlunch money
OMGITSMiShKi
When I was 16 I went through a really nasty break up with this girl who was much older than me. I dated her when I was 15. She literally knew everyone in my town.. plus in other cities. She had like over 3000 people on myspace back then and knew the majority of them IRL.

Anyway.. She was a cheater and ******** with my head allot. She cheated on me like over 11 times. Would always try to change and mold me into what she wanted me to be.. I loved her and when i accused her of cheating she would make me think i'm crazy... which actually drove me a bit crazy because something was going on.. i was just convinced there was something wrong with me.

anyway. when we would fight she would always post blogs about it on myspace. So her 3000+ friends could see it. She would always make me out to seem the bad person. Her friends thought i was crazy, would judge me.. idk. It was a very hard time i went through.. because some of the people i was going to for help were the ones my girlfriend cheated on me with ..

But anyway.. the whole town didn't like me for a GOOD minute. And I still sometimes run into some of the people who had a really bad judgement of me because of that.

They don't know the whole truth. so. that is a long story short for that one.

I haven't really been cyber bullied allot.

However in highschool i was the kid who was picked on. I didn't have the best clothing and i wasn't as pretty also being quite i was a target.

That did make me really sad as a teenager.

However karma bit some of those people in the a**. Because now the guy i had a huuuuuuuuuge crush on... that always picked on me because i wasn't good enough for him, is now ugly.. and on my d**k constantly trying to date me now. lol

im sorry ;o
LOL nah really but i bumped into a few idiots on youtube xD

7,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Almeata-chan
LOL nah really but i bumped into a few idiots on youtube xD

People on youtube can be big douchbags. Its so mean the things they say.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff