Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Bloodsucker

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Healer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
I am feminist, but I just believe equal rights. :/ That is about it.
I also think women have rights that umm ... kind a of challenge men's living condition.
From my personal experience my mother is mentally ill and she accused my father of Cheating...
not on a women
A ******** MAN! O.o

So through 3 years I live with my father and he struggles to keep our home..
Financially we are in debt. My mother on the other had get benefits because she.. Quote" Is a single mother "Quote living by her self and Get benefits!!????

My father also pays her and supports her too...
Its not equal...... its stupid >.>

Fashionable Bloodsucker

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Healer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
Yobyaxes U
Vampiress_Melz
I also think women have rights that umm ... kind a of challenge men's living condition.
From my personal experience my mother is mentally ill and she accused my father of Cheating...
not on a women
A ******** MAN! O.o

Financially we are in debt. My mother on the other had get benefits because she.. Quote" Is a single mother "Quote living by her self and Get benefits!!????

Well then what other reason to NOT be a feminist then?

No -.- I am feminist to believe we have equal rights...
Not to be above and beyond men Dx
I just believe paid, treated, mutual respect all equally

:/ that and the story are to completely different things

Fashionable Bloodsucker

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Healer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
Yobyaxes U
Vampiress_Melz
Yobyaxes U
Vampiress_Melz
not on a women
A ******** MAN! O.o

You already got all those things.

Exactly
It just that, my father didn't ask for the divorce ... and he ended up in debt.. and supporting me, my 25 year old brother ... and my mother. SO no.. I really don't.. I want for the mans side. I want whats best for my father

Fashionable Bloodsucker

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Healer 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
Yobyaxes U
Vampiress_Melz
Yobyaxes U
Vampiress_Melz
Yobyaxes U
Vampiress_Melz
not on a women
A ******** MAN! O.o

You already got all those things.

Exactly
It just that, my father didn't ask for the divorce ... and he ended up in debt.. and supporting me, my 25 year old brother ... and my mother. SO no.. I really don't.. I want for the mans side. I want whats best for my father

Well the MRM would help him get what's best for him. Feminism won't.

lol ok thanks xD
Visions_of_La
I've found that MRA's and self proclaimed anti-feminists are hilarious.
Probably moreso than the pseudo-feminists on tumblr that they think speak for all of Feminism.

What gets me is also people who don't have a p***s who say "I see the struggle men face" when, as someone who has had a p***s, I don't see that there is really male oppression or wtf ever.
Most of the challenges when it comes to things like custody battles are because of backwards ideas when it comes to the sexes anyway, which is something actual Feminism seeks to address in the first place.

So the whole "anti-feminism" thing is a hilarious crock of s**t.
This isn't a shock though, given that most of them seem to just be the opposite of the tumblr psuedo-feminists on the spectrum.

Meaning the majority of these people are 15 and will grow out of it when they find something else to do, learn anything about the dynamics of society and history, or see how ideas actually work when applied irl.

I'm what some people would consider an anti-feminist. For me, I don't hate the idea behind feminism but I dislike how some feminists behave - especially on Tumblr. I've seen a couple of folks on here who behave a lot like that (one of them engages in the whole "screenshot anti-feminist blog descriptions hurhur I'm so witty" bullshit), but I'm not gonna name any names. Let's just say one of them blocked me for not liking the idea of a MRA fedora item.

Ever heard of Big Red? She's most definitely older than 15 years of age, and is a laughing stock among Tumblr anti-feminists.

Maybe for me the issue is people using feminism as an excuse to be a royal a*****e, and using activism to specifically benefit females. I've always had a problem with bullies, given nobody did anything about the ones I had in my life as a kid, so people who think shirts that say "I bathe in male tears" are funny sort of upset me, and people who think misandry isn't real so they're justified in harassing guys for inborn traits make me want to s**t my pants. Also, I find "manspreading" to be a first world problem in the truest sense of the term.
Robotic Housekeeper
Visions_of_La
Probably moreso than the pseudo-feminists on tumblr that they think speak for all of Feminism.

What gets me is also people who don't have a p***s who say "I see the struggle men face" when, as someone who has had a p***s, I don't see that there is really male oppression or wtf ever.
Most of the challenges when it comes to things like custody battles are because of backwards ideas when it comes to the sexes anyway, which is something actual Feminism seeks to address in the first place.

This isn't a shock though, given that most of them seem to just be the opposite of the tumblr psuedo-feminists on the spectrum.

Meaning the majority of these people are 15 and will grow out of it when they find something else to do, learn anything about the dynamics of society and history, or see how ideas actually work when applied irl.

I'm what some people would consider an anti-feminist. For me, I don't hate the idea behind feminism but I dislike how some feminists behave - especially on Tumblr. I've seen a couple of folks on here who behave a lot like that (one of them engages in the whole "screenshot anti-feminist blog descriptions hurhur I'm so witty" bullshit), but I'm not gonna name any names. Let's just say one of them blocked me for not liking the idea of a MRA fedora item.

Ever heard of Big Red? She's most definitely older than 15 years of age, and is a laughing stock among Tumblr anti-feminists.

Maybe for me the issue is people using feminism as an excuse to be a royal a*****e, and using activism to specifically benefit females. I've always had a problem with bullies, given nobody did anything about the ones I had in my life as a kid, so people who think shirts that say "I bathe in male tears" are funny sort of upset me, and people who think misandry isn't real so they're justified in harassing guys for inborn traits make me want to s**t my pants. Also, I find "manspreading" to be a first world problem in the truest sense of the term.

Yeah there's dumb teenagers in every group of people.

So are you also anti-anti-feminist? I don't get how your logic works.
Senator Armstrong
Robotic Housekeeper
Visions_of_La

I'm still trying to figure it out. I guess for now the best way to put it would be "I like the idea behind feminism but I don't necessarily like the people who are behind the movement." I hate how some people use feminism as a crutch to bully guys, sometimes for really personal reasons such as low self-esteem and insecurity. People who do this aren't much better than 9 year olds who think boys have cooties.

C. H. Sommers is pretty cool from what I've seen of her but she's been disowned by other feminists and that kind of upsets me. :<

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Robotic Housekeeper
Senator Armstrong
Robotic Housekeeper
Visions_of_La

I'm still trying to figure it out. I guess for now the best way to put it would be "I like the idea behind feminism but I don't necessarily like the people who are behind the movement." I hate how some people use feminism as a crutch to bully guys, sometimes for really personal reasons such as low self-esteem and insecurity. People who do this aren't much better than 9 year olds who think boys have cooties.

C. H. Sommers is pretty cool from what I've seen of her but she's been disowned by other feminists and that kind of upsets me. :<
being an extremest seems to be what's in now. I don't know, I just don't like how extreme and ignorant statements are far more celebrated these days than those who are wiling to take a critical eye to their own side and not just support whatever is said. It's not just the republicans doing that.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
You know what, maybe there is something with getting away from these various titles and political groups and everyone just lay their cards on the table and figure out what works and what doesn't? I mean everyone's been so hung up on their specific that in order to stay in good with whatever ideologies group they belong to, they don't budge lest they be excommunicated.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff