• Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Lilith_Lilium
Chieftain Twilight
Lilith_Lilium
Unawarebrah
I address every female as ma'am.

Whenever I make eye contact with someone, I usually just give a quick smile and sometimes duck my head down.

I usually give hand-shakes whenever I first meet someone.

You'll get smacked for calling people ma'am, they prefer miss or missy.

No no no, you are supposed to hold eye contact and keep your head up. To make sure they know you're holding eye contact, you should open your eyes a little wider.

You should be less formal giving a hard pat on the back, or you can squeeze their hand as tight as you can when shaking, they will really respect you.

intense or prolonged eye contact is creepy and rude. it denotes a lack of trust, it's a social threat.

in Japan it could be, but not here in Murica. What you too people too shy or dishonest to maintain eye contact?

not all f America has the same social standards and etiquette. here in Florida, prolonged eye contact is rude. not enough eye contact is also rude, but you don't hold eye contact. that says "I'm watching you. you better be careful."

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
You're being polite. People who get upset for you saying the standard and polite word and expression, are being rude and irrational. It's common to say Ma'am to female strangers.

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
You seem like you're doing just fine.

I'm 23 and people call me ma'am all the time. Only people much older than me call me something like miss or dear. People are being polite when they use ma'am, but some women don't like it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff