• Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Raven Winter
Chieftain Twilight
Raven Winter
Chieftain Twilight
Roy Cura
Chieftain Twilight

I hated my time in south florida. I prefer it right up here by the Florida Aquifer. you keep the beach, I'll enjoy my swamps, rivers, springs, forests, pastures, and farms.

Meh.
I grew up in the swamps. Not my kinda place. xP

I love it.

You just after dat black mana.

all the time, yo! Black/Blue/Green! dat's mah shizz!

I tend to go for red, black, and green. I need more lands, though; I own exactly zero mountains, islands, and plains.

very great for combos, or even just plain beat-downs.

however, I think you may like to play EDH format in Red/White/Black with Kalia as your commander. she literally just fetches any Dragon, Demon, or Angel from your deck and puts it into play for free, on each of your upkeeps. it's ******** great.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Chieftain Twilight
Raven Winter
Chieftain Twilight
Raven Winter
Chieftain Twilight

I love it.

I tend to go for red, black, and green. I need more lands, though; I own exactly zero mountains, islands, and plains.

however, I think you may like to play EDH format in Red/White/Black with Kalia as your commander. she literally just fetches any Dragon, Demon, or Angel from your deck and puts it into play for free, on each of your upkeeps. it's ******** great.

Yeah, I tend to play a pretty straightforward game. When I was in middle school I had this red deck that just had a bunch of tiny red creatures and a few direct damage cards. The inherent gamble in doing that is what led me to add green.

I actually haven't played Magic except with my brother since way before all the new rules (planeswalkers, etc.) came out; my most recent cards are from 2010, but I also still have snow-covered lands and cards with a tap symbol that's just a sideways T, which comprise the bulk of my collection.
This is all just a long-winded way of saying that I am absolutely clueless about the different formats and have no idea what a commander is.

Learned Seeker

5,150 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
GhostlyMark
i cannot believe women will throw a fit over the word ma'am

I don't think anyone's throwing a fit over it. It's just weird. I don't go around addressing every guy as "sir". That'd be weird and uncomfortable. Plus, a lot of the time, the whole "madam" and "ma'am" courtesy feels almost like putting a woman on a pedestal, depending on how it's used.

It's not a huge deal, but it's... awkward. Treat people - not just women - like people, not some weird thing you have to treat with polite reverence in every single case.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Raven Winter
Chieftain Twilight
Raven Winter
Chieftain Twilight
Raven Winter
Chieftain Twilight

I love it.

Yeah, I tend to play a pretty straightforward game. When I was in middle school I had this red deck that just had a bunch of tiny red creatures and a few direct damage cards. The inherent gamble in doing that is what led me to add green.

I actually haven't played Magic except with my brother since way before all the new rules (planeswalkers, etc.) came out; my most recent cards are from 2010, but I also still have snow-covered lands and cards with a tap symbol that's just a sideways T, which comprise the bulk of my collection.
This is all just a long-winded way of saying that I am absolutely clueless about the different formats and have no idea what a commander is.

....ew. just play Red/Black Goblins, dude. boring as ********, but straightforward as it gets.

I prefer Control, and also needlessly convoluted combo decks, the likes of which would make cartoon villains proud. ever heard of a Deck Build called "Spanish Inquisition"? it can be played as Mono-Black, Black/Red, Black/Green, Black/Red/Green, Black/Blue, Black/Red/Blue, or Black/Green/Blue. its basically Storm, but even more convoluted. tries to win on turn 1 through turn 3.

basically, you start a chain of drawing cards, creating obscene amounts of mana, and finish off with casting Tendril of Agony (or Empty The Warrens, or Fireball, or any number of things like that).

as for EDH format.... it's not a format I particularly like. it's one of the most popular casual formats, though. Elder Highland Dragon. a.k.a. Commander format. it's 100 card deck singletons with a legendary creature as your General or Commander. this Legendary Creature starts in the Command Zone, and you can play him from there. if he ever goes to the graveyard or is exiled you can choose to instead have him go to your command zone. you can cast him from the cammond zone again at any of your main phases fro 2 more mana than before.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I just say "pardon me."
Nothing hurt, nothing loss, gets my point across.
If I'm not in the mood to be polite, it's more "'SCUSE ME, OOP, SORRY, OUTTA THE WAY PUH LEESE"

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Hamelia
GhostlyMark

I don't think anyone's throwing a fit over it. It's just weird. I don't go around addressing every guy as "sir". That'd be weird and uncomfortable. Plus, a lot of the time, the whole "madam" and "ma'am" courtesy feels almost like putting a woman on a pedestal, depending on how it's used.

It's not a huge deal, but it's... awkward. Treat people - not just women - like people, not some weird thing you have to treat with polite reverence in every single case.

If people called me sir, I'd feel like a knight.
Which is desirable.

Sparkly Friend

You have impeccable manners. eek
I would say your manners exceed that of today's average American.
Though I'd keep it down a bit depending on the setting, i.e. a gala, football game, etc.

Tiny Exhibitionist

11,875 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Streaker 200
xiatara
Lol, I don't get why people get mad if you call them ma'am. It's just a way to address a female to be polite. If you get mad at being referred to as ma'am, then you're probably self conscious of your age.
When I was doing clinicals, I address all of my female patient as ma'am. Sometimes, I call them hun or sweety if they are really old so it's not too impersonal.

Then again, I live in the south. No patients complained how I addressed them.

gaia_angelleft emotion_bigheart gaia_angelright
I live in the Deep South, as it were. I'm only 24, but don't call me "Ma'am". Sure as hell don't call me "sweety", "hun", or anything too personal either. Preferably call me Miss Law, or by my first name if we've become more acquainted as doctor/patient lol (same goes for any professional relationship I enter...I get super uncomfortable and emotionally unstable when people start getting too familiar with me when I don't even really know them...or if they refer to me in a way that I find insulting haha) I'm an odd duck...but anxiety and whatever else will do that to a person..*suddenly feels awkward* sweatdrop Sorry if I came off a bit rude..
Heroes of Thedas
xiatara
Lol, I don't get why people get mad if you call them ma'am. It's just a way to address a female to be polite. If you get mad at being referred to as ma'am, then you're probably self conscious of your age.
When I was doing clinicals, I address all of my female patient as ma'am. Sometimes, I call them hun or sweety if they are really old so it's not too impersonal.

Then again, I live in the south. No patients complained how I addressed them.

I live in the Deep South, as it were. I'm only 24, but don't call me "Ma'am". Sure as hell don't call me "sweety", "hun", or anything too personal either. Preferably call me Miss Law, or by my first name if we've become more acquainted as doctor/patient lol (same goes for any professional relationship I enter...I get super uncomfortable and emotionally unstable when people start getting too familiar with me when I don't even really know them...or if they refer to me in a way that I find insulting haha) I'm an odd duck...but anxiety and whatever else will do that to a person..*suddenly feels awkward* sweatdrop Sorry if I came off a bit rude..

So what if a kid called you ma'am? Or a preteen?

If you read my post, I only call old people 'hun' or 'sweety'. Because from my experience, they seem to like that because it shows that I am being personal to them. And then they will tell me their life story. It'd be weird if I call people my age that. o_O I'm 23.

I also call little kids hun and sweety. Or precious if they are an infant because babies are so precious. 4laugh

PoshPix's Senpai

Omnipresent Husband

I call everyone regardless of gender 'sir.'

Invisible Humorist

Hamelia
GhostlyMark

I've yet to meet a guy who gets antsy over being called sir or mister.

If saying "ma'am" isn't treating a female like a person then i don't know what to say.

Tiny Exhibitionist

11,875 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Streaker 200
xiatara
So what if a kid called you ma'am? Or a preteen?

If you read my post, I only call old people 'hun' or 'sweety'. Because from my experience, they seem to like that because it shows that I am being personal to them. And then they will tell me their life story. It'd be weird if I call people my age that. o_O I'm 23.

I also call little kids hun and sweety. Or precious if they are an infant because babies are so precious. 4laugh

A small child could call me ma'am and it would be cute (like young primary school or preschool), I wouldn't fuss too hard, if at all, at a kid of an older age for calling me that, even if it bugged me. I mentioned the 'hun'/'sweety' bit because some people have called me that at offices and restaurants, and it makes me want to hop up from my chair and kick their shins. scream

Tiny Exhibitionist

11,875 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Streaker 200
Username Why Not Zoidberg
I call everyone regardless of gender 'sir.'

*salutes* Everybody is 'sir'!

Greedy Giver

you're being overbearing in your courtesy and will inevitably weird some people out but its ok because those people probably need it the most

also, how you shake hands is important too

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
GhostlyMark

Maybe it makes them feel old? I know I felt weird when some kid called me sir;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items