Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Warlord

lionheart720

One thought I have is, when you use the item, it will show you the new sockets and give you a choice whether you want to change to those sockets or keep your old ones.

Quote:

And one other way is to just re-roll a single socket on your kin. If your kin has less than 3 sockets, this item can add a random socket.

Why not both?

Have one, more expensive option that re-rolls multiple sockets with the option to lock some, and another slightly cheaper one that add/rerolls sockets.
Other games have done similar things.

Beloved Spook

50,350 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Haunter 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
I would like to be able to re-roll one slot at a time, & it should always be random.
I would also like to be able to add a new slot, which is also random.
I would rather pay for it with gold, but.....
If y'all go with GC, it should be cheap, like 99 GC per roll.

Also, any way of re-releasing the legendary amulets in the shop again?

Genos kun's Datemate

Dedicated Grabber

"re-roll a single socket on your kin. If your kin has less than 3 sockets, this item can add a random socket."

I'm preferable to this one.

Though throwing it out there, I would also love to have a Gaia Cash option where you can just choose what slot you want to add instead of having to constantly reroll. c:

Karen_Kodaijin's Significant Otter

Adorable Marshmallow

I like the idea of re-rolling 1 socket at a time and getting to choose to keep the old if it's a bad roll, but having a different item for adding an extra socket. Unless you guys are planning to make it a chance meaning it's not garanteed getting the extra socket then I'd rather have the chance be bundled with the re-roll item. Pay for with gold please~

maxmallow 's Fangirl

Princess Bunny

34,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Steeple
Bunni Hime
I think the idea of being able to re-roll both, all and single sockets should be available. c:
Also being able to see what you get for rolling "all" and the ability to choose between them.
But the single socket roll, I feel like should be completely random and should not be allowed to choose.
It would definitely make things too easy if we could choose single socket re-rolls.
i like this split ideas, like for a complete re-roll you can choose whether to switch or not, but for a single it's just random.

maybe have specific slot reassignments (square or diamond prob) be available for gcash would work, while the random(er) rerolls are gold. maybe socket additions are also gcash but the gold rerolls have a chance of adding sockets

Definitely agree with the gold and gc options. c:

It would still be fair and gold only users would still be able to get the gc options if they were sold in the marketplace.

Sparkling Dragon

49,400 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
I don't see the point in changing all the slots on your kin, it should be just one at a time, I don't think the random part is so bad, since it's just two possible shapes, there should be another item to add a slot, and maybe then give you the chance to choose the shape. Please keep it limited to only three slots tho. Also, don't even think about GC, stop with this pay to win and sink some gold as well emotion_facepalm

MIkoToriSU's Princess

Playful Cutie-Pie

Emyre
lionheart720

One thought I have is, when you use the item, it will show you the new sockets and give you a choice whether you want to change to those sockets or keep your old ones.

Quote:

And one other way is to just re-roll a single socket on your kin. If your kin has less than 3 sockets, this item can add a random socket.

Why not both?

Have one, more expensive option that re-rolls multiple sockets with the option to lock some, and another slightly cheaper one that add/rerolls sockets.
Other games have done similar things.

i support this

Dedcadent Pants

Why not all?

1 item that completely randomizes the sockets
1 item that changes 1 socket
1 item that adds a socket if less than 3 sockets are already present.

Panty Snatcher's Princess

Kitten Huffer

A mix of both the second and third.

Basically it would be great to have a random new slot (if they have less than three), it would add a random new one, or if they have three it could be a re-roll for one selected slot. I feel like having the whole set to be random could cause the kindred re-rolls to be overpriced after a short while, but that's just an educated guess.

Adorable Lionheart

I like the idea of rerolling/adding one randem socket. smile
I think it gives you more the opportunity to costumize your kin and make it a personal one. ^^ I think it feels a little more special than. ^^

I want to put here I tiny request for another socket-related item.
Some collectors want kins without revealed sockets, but got some kins for a good price with revealed sockets. so it would be great, if we could get an item that erases the current sockets your kin has without rerolling the sockets immediately. .

Sugary Bear

26,815 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Well I'm glad this option is getting some consideration.

Thou I would have to say, I might have an unpopular opinion about how I would implement this re-roll item/items.

I feel it should work on the bases of, if you want to cherry pick the slots you want/add a slot (to the current maximum amount of course) it should cost Gaia cash.

and if you want to gamble of the slots you already have, add a item that cost a moderate amount of gold.

heck i would even say that these options should not be "items" to begin with but features built into the kin U.I., but I'll be honest I don't even know if that could even coded in such a manner.

But this is just my humble opinion, trying to consider a practical and business stance on the matter.
I'm a little torn on the subject.
Although It would be nice to have the exact sockets you want there's always the good and the bad.
Don't get me wrong I really like gold, but when you can choose the specific socket you want you can have all diamond sockets.
When you have all diamond sockets and 10% gold finds on each of them,
there's a bit more gold created every time and then gold is again more useless than it was before.
This coming from the perspective of someone who has about 600bil...

Anyway, add both options if possible. Then everyone will be happier.

Alaelis 's Waifu

11,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
This one :

Friendly Werewolf

13,075 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
I honestly still have no idea how to use the sockets. But the more choice, the better. Maybe have a cap on sockets though so the kin can't be too op? like a max of 6 sockets, but all kins only have 3 unless you use a re-roll on them and choose to add one more.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff