Welcome to Gaia! ::

User ImageUser Image

"I am not going to be Eirwen's dress-up doll or put on a fashion show. for you guys. Nope, not going to happen." Eryn said right before asking if Jaing was going to carry her or not. His answer had the redhead drop her arms to her sides. He refused? As he turned around Eryn made the impulsive decision to just jump on his back. He was going to carry her downstairs whether he wanted to or not. Swinging her legs and arms around her partner Eryn made sure she had a good grip on the man just in case he was going to try and shake her off. He didn't and as he spoke up Eryn just rested her head against him and stifled a laugh. This was actually rather entertaining.

Ignoring the few weird looks wasn't that hard. There was no need to explain anything, it wasn't like the two of them were doing anything wrong. Let people think what they want to think. It was when Jaing spoke again that the redhead tensed a bit. Copping a feel? "What? I'm not doing anything!" The redhead reacted immediately. Getting her two feet on the ground again as fast as possible Eryn didn't know what else to say. This was obviously him teasing her again but it had caught her off guard and she had no idea how to react beside taking a step back from her partner. "Like you weren't enjoying it." She then muttered right before Kai and Eirwen arrived.

"Psh you think finding me a dress will take the longest. I am not picky when it comes to clothes." This statement got Eryn a look from Eirwen. It was obvious the white haired woman cared more about looks than Eryn did. Finding the right dress seemed rather important. "But I will put in some effort." The redhead then assured the other female. Eirwen didn't look convinced but flashed Eryn her polite smile.

In agreement that they wanted to be back before dinner the four of them took off towards the shops. The walk was relaxed and filled with light conversation, no mention of the earlier training session. For now. Eryn figured that maybe the two of them didn't want to talk about it since it didn't go as smoothly as you would've expected from the two top students.

Once they reached the shops, every time Eryn wanted to go someplace Eirwen shook her head a little. Those particular shops were below the white haired woman? The clothes weren't expensive enough? Eryn could only guess what was wrong. Soon after Eirwen herself stopped someplace and motioned for everyone to get inside "It's one of my favorite stores, dedicated to evening wear and it's both men and women wear so hopefully everyone will find something that suits them here." The white haired woman spoke and Eryn could look surprised. "I can be practical when it comes to shopping and since I am in the company of three people who don't seem to enjoy shopping much I figured I'd adapt." Eirwen added with a little shrug before striding off to look at some dresses for Eryn. The redhead went after Eirwen but first felt the need to give Jaing a little look "Don't wander off too far." She warned her partner before turning on her heels.

After Eirwen had looked over her redheaded friend carefully she picked out a few dresses that would suit the young woman with Eryn making dissatisfied faces the entire time. "That one's pink so no. I don't like green. White is just...No..." Eryn was pickier than she'd thought and it annoyed Eirwen to no end yet that polite look never left her face. Eventually Eryn agreed to try on a black, strapless dress with a tight body and a wider, above the knee, skirt.

Having struggled to get the damned thing on for a couple of minutes Eryn was finally ready to exit her dressing room and to let Eirwen be the judge of how she looked in the rather cute black dress. "So?" Eryn asked and smiled when Eirwen looked pleased with how the redhead looked. Well it had taken the two women maybe fifteen minutes to select a dress they both agreed on. That wasn't too bad, right? Wondering what the boys would think of the dress and what they were actually up to in the store the redhead decided to walk around just like she was, clad in the black dress and barefoot.

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

HISTORY'S WRITTEN TODAY
                                        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                                        INxxxxxxTHISxxxxxxBURNINGxxxxxxINFERNOXXXXXXXXXX

Jaing gave Eryn a little shrug. "I will neither confirm nor deny this preposterious allegation of a plausable truth." He said, vagely sounding like a diplomat except that somewhere in that string of words he actually agreed with what she said. Still it would probably take her a little while to decode what he had said to her and by that time the others had already arrived. Kai vagely gave the impression of a quick dried kitten that had been severely soaked not too long ago, presumably Eirwen had found some way to get revenge for the constant barrages of fire that Kai had unleashed during their training. Sure they had been accidental but that didn't make things any less dangerous. It dawned on Jaing that Kai was pretty much akin to the worlds most dangerous kind of gun, the explosive kind that came without some sort of security mechanism. Perhaps that was another reason that they had paired the man up with what people considered to be the strongest ice mage of the century. If things went really bad she might end up being the sole person that could keep a lid on things. Again things were taking place on more then a few levels and he reminded himself that despite his talents and experience he still had much to learn.

Hearing how Eirwen claimed that she wasn't going to take that long to choose a dress the two men frowned at the exact time and in perfect unison. Clearly the two of them didn't believe that Eryn was saying in the slightest. Still they didn't comment and just followed the two women around till they finally entered a shop. To jaing it seemed like she was rather excessive in trying to find the right shop but when Eirwen explained he could understand her reasoning for going to this specific place. Looking around a frown appeared again and Kai gave him a look. "I've been here before once... not sure when..." He murmured and looked around tapping his chin slowly as he tried to remember but shrugged his shoulders a little when it didn't come to him. When Eryn told them that they shouldn't wander too far he waved her off. "Don't worry. Even if the place spontaniously combusts we'll still come back." He said, adding a nudge to Kai with the tease before dragging the man off.

For the next few minutes Jaing looked through the racks to find the outfit he'd already figured out for Kai in his head. With a grin he finally found something that would fit the man's smaller frame. "There we go. Simple, elegant and stylish." He said with a smirk and started to collect other pieces for the outfit. When he was done Kai was dressed in a simple black pants with a white shirt, a tie and a matching vest. Despite the outfit the man's myriad tatoo's still showed giving him a distinct impression of being somewhat of a gentleman bad boy. When the women appeared to show off Eryn's new outfit neither of them contained their appreciation of the of the outfit. Still it was Jaing that spoke up."Suits you just perfectly." He said slowly with a genuine smile, somehow managing to contain his urge to smirk or tease her.

Jaing approached Eryn slowly and then started to circle her to look at it in more detail and could see a familiar symbol faintly visible on the back. "Oh. Well isn't that interesting. I thought I recognised this place." He said and took a step back again. "My younger sister does some clothes designing on the side. This was the first store that bought some of her stuff. She made a big deal about it and dragged me here... Can't believe I forgot about it..." He murmured and scratched the back of his head slowly with a sheepish smile. Before they could go into detail about that he indicated Kai. "Okay enough about that, what about him hmm?" He said, specifically wondering what Eirwen would think of it.

████ KNOW THAT NOTHING REMAINS ██████████████

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Finding a dress both woman could agree on had taken longer than Eryn anticipated. The redhead figured she'd be in and out the store in ten minutes flat. They'd at least taken double the amount of time by now but finally the cut above the knee black dress was something the two of them were very pleased with and Eryn actually couldn't wait to show the guys So while she left her regular clothes in the changing room the redhead went in search of Kai and Jaing with Eirwen close behind and while wondering how the two men were progressing. Eryn had faith Jaing new a little something about fashion but Eirwen didn't seem too sure about that. The white haired woman had her arms crossed as she walked. As if she were expecting a fashion disaster to appear in front of her.

Both women were surprised to find Kai already dressed in his fancy outfit and he looked mighty fine in it. Before reacting though Eryn made a little spin as a wide smile crossed her face. Eirwen just stood to the side though she couldn't help but look pleased with what she'd accomplished. When Jaing spoke up Eryn's smile grew even wider but when he approached her to take a closer look the redhead somehow expected him to start teasing her. Again. He didn't. He just circled her, stopping to look at her back. "This is a dress your sister designed?" Eryn asked after Jaing had spoken, obviously knowing the answer to her own question. "Well she did a great job, this dress is awesome." The redhead added as she turned to face her partner and to flash him a smile.

When Jaing changed the subject to Kai and his outfit the two women took a step closer. "I think he looks hot in that outfit." Eryn reacted as she admired the view. Eirwen nodded in agreement but she went as far to touch her partner, tug the vest a little. "Jaing chose well, you look very handsome." The white haired woman spoke as she straightened Kai's tie a little before taking a step back, standing next to Eryn again and took in the sight just as the redhead had done.

"Well I think we're done here. I'm going to change so we can get out of here and back to the academy." Eryn started as she slowly turned around, tugging on Eirwen's arms while doing so. "I'm starving." the redhead added then to indicate that she'd gotten tired of shopping, even though they'd been to just one store. "Oh unless you two still have to pick something out for yourselves of course..." Eryn had almost forgotten there were four of them present. Eirwen cracked a smile at the statement. "I already have a dress picked out." The white haired woman spoke. "Oh, okay."

Once everything was over and done with Eryn, despite having glanced at the price tag, was rather pleased with the purchase and couldn't wait for the chance to properly wear it.
                                                                                        Back at the academy Eryn held up her bag and announced that she was going to put it in her room before going down to the dining hall and before trotting off asked if Jaing wanted to join her or if he needed anything from the apartment (in case he didn't want to accompany the redhead back).

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

HISTORY'S WRITTEN TODAY
                                        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Jaing nodded slowly before giving Eryn another smile at her comment. "I don't have to. With some luck she'll be at the party and seeing you wear it will be more then enough for it. Impress her and you might just get some custom stuff." He told her and really meant the 'stuff' part. Hell she'd even designed the appearance of the armor that he used in battle. If Eryn wanted something, chances were that his sister could fix it up, she had a knack for that sort of stuff. She was probably the worst fighter of the generation but no one could give her any kind of crap for it. Not when she was the one that equipped everyone, it gave people a whole different kind of respect, one that his sister loved.

"Do you happen to know if she'll be there? I haven't been in contact with her for a while with how busy she is." He asked figuring that Eirwen would know that sort of stuff because it was her family that was arranging the party for the most part. Considering one of their own was at the academy he figured that his mother would likely arrange for one as well but probably at the end of the year to celebrate the results. He wondered if that was an indication of the nature of the families involved? Before reaching any kind of conclusion he forced the thought from his mind and focussed on the women judging Kai's outfit. When the both of them approved he gave a little grin, not just because they liked it but because he was going to wear something similar himself. Men weren't as cutthroat about outfits as most women were. Thankfully Eryn and Eirwen didn't seem like that which made things a bit more pleasant though he suspected it was mostly because Eryn just didn't really care about it all that much.

"Well then how nice that we've been efficient and didn't waste the entire day on clothing." He said with a little smile and still struggled a little not to tease his partner a little. Mostly because he didn't want to damage her confidence in the slightest. Naturally the teasing would begin at the party because teasing Eryn was just too much fun and he suspected that she was starting to enjoy it more as she got used to it. When Eryn mentioned that she was hungry already he frowned a little and looked at the time. It wasn't quite that late but he figured that the dining hall would be open already for those that wanted to get an early snack in. "Sure we'll get something to eat once we get back. C'mon Kai." He said before guiding the blonde back to where his clothes had been left behind.

Once back they headed for the academy again. Eryn went up to their room after asking if he needed something. "I'm good thanks. I've got everything I need and if I followed you everywhere you might start thinking I enjoy looking at your rear a little too much." He said calmly, speaking the truth while also teasing her a little. With a little smile he turned back to Eirwen and Kai only to realize that Kai had gone off to store his outfit. "Something tells me that our partners don't know the first thing about formal dancing. There might be a few other things as well. Figure we should educate them to prepare them? A good impression could make their future life quite a bit easier. Kai likely doesn't care seeing as there's little he really cares about but I doubt Eryn would deny a chance to climb up the ladder." He remarked and wondered what Eirwen was thinking about it all.

User Image
User ImageUser Image

((Kort en slecht but I REVIVED IT dundunduuuun. Kmoet er terug wa inkomen denk... Snorries))

The week before the gala proved to be a testing one for Eirwen. Kai only had the slightest notion of how to behave properly nor did he actually of how he was perceived by others. The white haired woman had a hard time trying to convince her partner not to down in food in a record time, attacking the dish in an almost beastly way, but to take his time like everyone else no matter how hungry he might be at the time. He also wasn't allowed to ask for another portion, he'd just have to wait for the next course like any other person present at the gala. The young woman eventually found herself almost pleading with Kai to behave, even if it was just for her. Not that she thought that she herself would make a valid argument but she could only try, right?

Basic etiquette wasn't the only thing Kai lacked. His dancing was something that needed tackling as well and while Eirwen always tried to keep her cool, after just one afternoon she had to throw in the towel, exclaiming it was impossible to teach Kai any of the classical dance styles. She got so annoyed that whenever she sighed the air around her literally cooled in an instant. "Try not to eat like some beast, be nice and stay glued to your seat, ok?" Granted, it wasn't one of her finest or nicest moments but there was only so much she of this she could take as a last resort she let Jaing know that if he wanted to take a shot at teaching Kai anything he was very welcome to.

Of course Jaing had Eryn to worry about but Eirwen was fairly certain the redhead wouldn't pose as much as a problem. Eryn was raised properly, to an extent, and her movements, whether it be in a battle class or just trotting down a hallway, had a certain elegance to them so Eirwen was sure her newly acquired friend could dance. If only she would be willing to learn. Eryn, being a nice and bubbly girl, could also be as stubborn as a mule.

The night of the Gala Eirwen arrived by her family's side, like it was expected of her, her long, flowing, deep blue strapless dress making her look like true royalty. She wasn't just one of the guests but the daughter of the man who planned (had plan) the entire evening. Barely inside the building the white haired woman had to go through the standard greetings and small talk before even getting the chance to look around to see if her friends had arrived yet.

"Escape while you still can." Came a deep voice which had Eirwen turn her head only to see her father smiling widely. He knew how much she hated to pretend to like all of his business associates and in a quieter moment the man offered her an escape. "I don't mind, really..." Eirwen offered but her father saw right through her. "No, no, I'm serious. Go enjoy yourself." And with a light peck on the cheek and an earnest thank you the young woman darted off, picking a glass of champagne of a nearby tray held by one of the many servants.

Less and less people started pouring in so Eirwen guessed that soon someone would come and announce dinner would be served, but until then the young woman was fine with her glass of champagne.

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

HISTORY'S WRITTEN TODAY

Tthe next week Jaing felt more like a teacher then a student at the school. Mostly because he'd gotten involved in getting not only Eryn but also Kai ready for the gala. Somehow the other man had managed to wear out Eirwen's patience but Jaing was eager to assist. Teaching Eryn how to do formal dances had been rather easy, the woman had a natural knack for it given that she was already a very proficient sword fighter. Kai had been a much different kind of creature to tackle all together. With a life like his he had to find a different way to get Kai into the proper mindset and moveset. To switch things up he decided to teach him top down rather then bottom up like Eirwen had tried.

Kai was a natural fighter, with more experience then even he had for all the fights that he had been in and he could use that. By starting with a sparring session he deconstructed things, guiding Kai through patterns that would eventually evolve into the dance. To give Eryn some more experience he had the two of them go at it with Jaing observing and every now and then he invited Eirwen to take a look while explaining what he had done. Jaing just had a different way of solving problems, actually he had multiple ways of handling said problems and he was proud of it. He liked thinking that it allowed him to adjust to things in a more efficient fashion and as such be successful in life.

Once at the party he had waited to attend before his own people had arrived as well. He was quick to greet his parents and his siblings while he took Kai under his wing to make sure that he behaved and that he had something to do while Eirwen played the host. His people were by no means religious but they did respect strength and despite Kai's youthful appearance they saw strength in him and gave the man due respect. Hell they even saw it in Eryn but Jaing prevented them from bothering her, the woman had yet to settle into things properly and her being swarmed by an ancient family's high members would do little to accommodate her. When the conversation/interrogation with Kai started to degrade towards religious topics he quickly dragged Kai away and sent him towards Eirwen who had finished most of her duties. With Kai safe he was off to see to Eryn.

"Please don't be offended that I haven't introduced you to them yet. I figured you could use some time settling in before they grill you. Trust me you'll thank me for it later. They'll come regardless but at least now you'll have some time to get adjusted." He said with a smile and put a hand on hers. Not much later the announcement came that dinner was going to be served and he would make certain that they'd be seated with Kai and Eirwen to avoid being near less entertaining people. Keeping an eye on Kai was also part of it however. "You enjoying it so far?" He asked curiously as they headed for the table.

Meanwhile Kai had approached Eirwen with a mildly confused look on his face. "Parties are weird. I believe that I've mentioned this already." He said as he looked around. From what he'd been told he was seeing people acting friendly that would have been at odds otherwise. "All I see are masks, people pretending to be what they're not. How can people find this enjoyable?"

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Everything looked so fancy. Nothing like any party Eryn had ever been to. Nope, not at all. Every few steps you’d encounter a waiter carrying trays with either champagne or little appetizers and everything looked delicious and outrageously expensive. “This is amazing.” The redhead muttered under her breath. She hardly even noticed Jaing had drifted off to greet his family and introduce Kai to them. If she had she might’ve been slightly offended but with all the distractions around demanding her attention the redhead couldn’t care less.

Looking around a bit Eryn noticed Eirwen standing next to her parents. The white haired woman looked beautiful and fit in perfectly. The way she greeted others, placed the occasional smile here and there. She was in her element here while Eryn was just wandering around a bit, enjoying the sights, and the food, but so obviously looked like she didn’t belong.

When Jaing decided he’d conversed enough with his family for now and showed up beside Eryn the redhead couldn’t help but jump a little. She’d been so busy just staring at other people, subtly eating whatever the waiter passing her would be carrying and enjoying the best, and only, champagne she’d ever had.

“Yeah no it’s fine.” Eryn reacted when Jaing sort of apologized for not introducing her to his family right away. “I’ve been stuffing my face in the most elegant way possible and it’s not even dinner time yet. I even had a little chat with one of the waiter’s. Charming guy and easy on the eyes, even offered me his contact information.” The redhead then added as she slipped a little piece of paper out of a hidden pocket in her dress and sort of waved it in front of Jaing before putting it back and smiling widely.

It was then that someone announced that dinner would be served. People simultaneously started putting down their empty glasses and swarmed towards the next hall. Jaing seemed very eager to get to dinner “I hope you remember that there are place cards, no need to rush.” Eryn said in an amused tone of voice. The redhead was sure Eirwen had placed the four of them together somewhere, with of course the company of a few strangers because it seemed like every table could seat up to eight people.

While trying to locate their seats ,and eventually succeeding in doing so, Eryn nodded her head in response to Jaing’s question “I am. I wouldn’t want to do this every weekend, I think, but so far I am having an awesome time.”

Kai on the other hand didn’t seem to enjoy himself that much. He had a rather confused look on his face when he reached Eirwen and it made the young woman almost let out a laugh. “Yes you have mentioned that. Multiple times even.” Eirwen reacted and yes she could see his point and when Kai continued all she could do was nod in agreement. “Well now you see where I get it from.” The white haired woman reacted to the masks comment before slightly nudging Kai and smiling at him. “It’s the food and dancing that makes an evening like this bearable. People enjoy good food and music.”

Linking her arm with his, Eirwen started guiding the two of them towards the dining hall. Dinner had already been announced and Since she herself had been part in arranging the seats it didn’t take Eirwen long to spot their table. Jaing and Eryn had already taken their seats by now and upon arriving Eirwen let go of Kai’s arm before doing the same. “So are you two enjoying yourselves yet?” Eirwen asked in an earnest tone and as a reply she had to hear Eryn tell her about the waiter the redhead talked to.

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

HISTORY'S WRITTEN TODAY

Jaing was curious just how someone went about stuffing their face in an elegant fashion. He was sure that his sister would love to discover the same thing. Speaking of which he'd seen her earlier but she'd been rather busy so he'd left her alone. Still she was bound to show up sooner rather then later. No doubt she was up to something as usual. When she mentioned that she'd pretty much been flirting with someone he fell silent for a moment, not entirely sure if she'd done it without reason or if she was trying to jerk his chain."Hmm perhaps I should try that avenue as well. When I was younger and more daring I tended to get fake information when I asked." He said with a little shrug.

As he took her to the dining hall proper he had spotted the members of the rival family that Jaing had mentioned earlier. For the most part he got angry glances from them along with a few fearful ones. On his part he just gave them a polite smile along with a respectful nod. Regardless of what had happened he had faced them in the field and that demanded his respect, hence those that faced him still had their heads. Even so he was expecting there to be at least one incident with them tonight but he was determined not to start it. He had to show his best side afterall, for his friends and his family.

When they were finally seated he heard her reply to his earlier question and nodded slowly. "I feel about the same. Places like these are opportunities for me to do more harm then good so I'm usually quite reserved about them. So far it's going better then most. I'm hoping it stays that way. How hopeful of me." He said with a little laugh. Before long the others joined them and he gave them a polite greeting. "Yeah it's great so far. Nothing to extravagant and all that, just the way I tend to prefer it." He said and gave Kai a look who nodded. Jaing had spotted the man on Eirwen's arm earlier, he'd looked pleased yet worried at the same time. Being on the arm of a woman like Eirwen brought a lot of attention, typically the kind the 'divine' warrior tended to avoid.

They were having some small talk as the others arrived and introduced themselves. Before long the girl Jaing had been waiting for announced herself to him by hugging him from behind and pressing up against him. "Hiii~" The younger woman said playfully and rested her chin ontop of Jaing' head. There was an initial grunt from Jaing before she took a few steps and convinced the younger man next to Jaing to give her the seat instead with a smile, a wink and a fake number. "That's my sister, Nyx Kirameki." He announced after a little cough and the woman sat there beaming at the others. Her eyes quickly fixted themselves on Eryn, first the woman's eyes, then her hair before inspecting the dress she was wearing. "My my... Your partner has excellent sense of taste. I approve already." She said with a little smirk and leaned forward.

"Oh yes. I know a fair bit about you Eryn Storm. He mentioned having a beautiful and talented redhead for a partner and hardly exaggerates. If anything he has a talent for understating things." She said and grinned as Jaing grew somewhat flustered. The blonde woman then turned to the other two at the table. "Kai, the divine warrior that's trying to integrate into the world and balance himself. A dying breed of nobility, I can respect that." She said with a nod and lifted her glass slightly before focussing on Eirwen. "Then there's the princess of transportation and winter. I know more about you from my friends then from my brother." She admitted and gave the three another look. "A pleasure to meet you all." She uttered and looked at the other three at the table that she didn't know before realizing they weren't all that relevant to the conversation.

With a sister like Nyx it was easy to see why Jaing wasn't a hopeless case when it came to style and manners. At least not as hopeless as one expected a 'barbarian' to be. She was a clear sign to the world that the Kirameki weren't as bad as many believed to be and she was eager to increase that effect that he had on people. Through her travels and interaction she learned a great many things, things that she brought back to her people to better them all. Despite the ego that some members of the family tended to show they were all for improving the quality and standard of life in their lands. They strove for a greater good in a world that was centered aground greed and selfishness. Perhaps that was partly the reason why people promoted them to be barbarians.

User Image
User ImageUser Image

By the way Jaing reacted when Eryn told him she'd been talking with one of the waiters the redhead guessed that in one way or another she'd managed to offend her partner. Why or how exactly she had no idea but whatever the reason Eryn decided it be best to ignore the sudden yet temporary change in his mood. She hadn't even asked for the man's contact info, he'd offered it. Oh well... Men...

Once in the dining hall they were soon joined by Eirwen and Kai and when all of them, including the four strangers they'd greeted briefly, were seated the white haired woman asked if they were enjoying themselves to which Jaing immediately reacted. After Eryn demanded Eirwen's attention for a few minutes and they filled it with typical girl talk and yes the redhead felt the need to mention the waiter again.

Girl talk turned into small talk before they even knew it and in the midst of the conversation Jaing was suddenly hugged by a girl. As her head rested on top of Jaing's the rather cheerful young woman greeted the other at the table, decided she wanted to sit at the table and managed to get a guy to give up his seat for her. Only after all of this did Jaing introduce the woman as his sister. "Your sister? The designer?" Eryn managed to direct at her partner in a hushed voice before she felt Nyx staring at her.

"Jaing told you about me?" The redhead was growing rather uncomfortable. How much and what had he told her? One sideways glance told Eryn that Jaing himself was getting a little flustered while Nyx seemed like she was having the time of her life. The blonde moved on to Kai and eventually Eirwen.

The white haired woman didn't seem all that surprised with what Nyx had to say about her. "there's really not much to say anyway. You summed it up quite nicely." She replied with a smile and a little nod before adding a "Nice to meet you too."

Just at that time waiters started pouring in the room, all of them carrying a plate and when every person in the dining hall had a waiter standing behind/beside them they put down the plates at the same time. Impressed with the theatrical way of serving the first course Eryn smiled widely as she watched a young man put her plate in front of her. Then Looking at her plate the redhead could barely restrain herself, the dish looked delicious.

"Ah this looks so good." Eryn said and after waiting the appropriate amount of time dug in "Tastes even better. So good I will even forgive you for blabbing about me to your sister." That last part was directed towards Jaing in a more hushed tone as the redhead slightly nudged the man. "What else has Jaing told you? I'm sure none of it is true, well beside the talented and beautiful part that is." The redhead then asked Nyx as the moment for feeling a little embarrassed was over. "And you..." turning her attention back to Jaing "You think I'm beautiful? Well well well, now I understand your earlier reaction." She continued in a teasing manner. Jaing would surely have an answer ready in no time but for now the redhead liked the fact that she was teasing him for once.

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

HISTORY'S WRITTEN TODAY

Jaing leaned back a little in his seat once his sister got started. He'd have honestly preferred her not to say so much. "It's less me spilling things and more her dragging it out of me. I think you can all see that she's the type to be incredibly persistent." He said with a little sigh and tossed her a look. Nyx meanwhile was just grinning and gave Eryn a little look before inspecting the room. The way she looked around showed that she was quite happy with the table that she'd chosen. She always liked figuring out what her older brother was up to. Sadly that was the one thing that she couldn't drag out of him though she was smart enough to figure it out from what he didn't tell her. She was about to start asking a few questions of her own before Jaing had that look in his eyes that showed trouble was going to start.

Slowly she turned and saw Jaing staring intently at was now known as the 'stumpy twins'. "What's up." She asked cautiously and Jaing tensed a little. "They're at it again. High nobility forcing their will on lower nobility." He said and slowly got up motioning for Eirwen to stay seated. Normally avoiding trouble from starting was the job of the people that hosted the party but Jaing felt it was his duty. Since he'd spared the twins he felt that they were his responsibility. Once he was far enough Nyx sighed a little. "Ever the knight in shining armor." She muttered and turned to the others.

"Old noble houses tend to have weird... perks. If a member of high nobility demands something, lower ranked people are typically not permitted to deny it. Those two tend to have requests on the 'lewd' side. Before they knew who I was years ago they demanded 'some' from me. I told them I wasn't interested in people wielding pencils. They took offense and not much later Jaing beat them up for the first time." She said and gave Eryn a little look. "He'll do the same for you by the way. It's easier to just let him do it rather then talk him out of it. Stubbornness is something that's chronic in our family I'm afraid." She said and laughed a little.

For a moment Nyx was quiet before a wide smirk showed on her features, the same one that Jaing displayed when he was up to something. "You know, Eirwen. Given your status you could ask Kai the same thing. I certainly wouldn't blame you for it, I might even commend you for it." She uttered with a wink and hid her amused smile behind her drink as she inspected the reactions that the others showed. The only one that didn't really seem to put two and two together was Kai who seemed to busy analyzing it all in a literal fashion.

The entire time Kai looked like he wanted to ask something, all it took was Nyx tilting her head a little to convince the man to finally spill it. "Your kinsmen, they mentioned religion. Just what do you people in the west believe in? All Jaing told me was that you spread your religion thousands of years ago when you entered the country." Kai finally said and Nyx frowned a little. "Common courtesy dictates that one shouldn't speak about religion at the table. It tends to cause conflicts but since we're all nice and easy people here... Our system is really simple. We don't believe in gods at all, we believe in logic and history. If we have deity's they would be our paragons, ancestors that did great things in their life. Sometimes I think Jaing's trying to become the youngest one to be declared a paragon." She said with a laugh and glanced in Jaing's direction ever now and then as he dealt with the stumpies.

While he was still away she glanced at Eryn. "So seeing as you're my big brother's partner. Anything interesting you've got to tell me~? Like what do you think of him and how he's doing and all that? Something a sister just simply has to know." She asked with a smirk.

User Image
User ImageUser Image

(ongelooflijk saaie post...)
                                                                  Things were going well, the food tasted great, as Eryn had stated very loudly only moments before and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves or they were at least very good at pretending to. Nyx caused for a little disturbance in the calm but the white haired woman didn't mind much. The girl had quite the perky personality and it seemed she was quite curious as well. Eirwen figured the blonde would get along great with Eryn, if they were to get to know each other better at some point. Jaing's sister had something to say about all of them but for now Eirwen felt like she was safest, though she was sure that wouldn't last for long. Like Jaing had uttered earlier, this girl was the type to be extremely persisting.

As soon as Eirwen saw Jaing tense when his sister asked him a question the white haired woman followed his gaze and saw what was happening. Planning on getting up and going to warn her dad what she thought was going on Eirwen first glanced at Jaing and remained seated just because he motioned her to. "My father should've never invited them." The young woman let out with a sigh as she watched Jaing walk over to the twins, barely taking notion of Nyx' explanation.

Eryn was quite impressed with what Jaing's sister had to say. Nobilty wasn't all it seemed to be. Fancy parties came with drama and politics and just a lot of 'ugh'. "I came here to stuff my face with expensive food and to dance...Not to possibly have Jaing defend my honor." Eryn started with a little shake of her head. "And I can fight my own battles." The redhead added.

The redhead's comment might have ended the previous discussion, Nyx didn't seem like a person who stayed quiet for long. Soon the blonde directed her attention to Eirwen, saying she could demand said perks from Kai. Almost dropping her fork the young woman got a little flustered. "I would never! We're not even...I have no idea how to properly react to such a statement." Eirwen had to admit and a sideways glance told her that Kai hadn't figured out yet what Nyx just meant with her little comment. "Don't try to figure it out. Just don't." Eirwen said as she shot her partner a look saying that any further questions weren't allowed on the matter. At the same time Eryn was having the time of her life, smiling widely she just loved seeing her white haired friend blush. It was just too entertaining.

Conversation took a more serious turn when Kai asked Nyx about religion and the blonde explaining how her people don't believe in gods but logic and history. Both Eryn and Eirwen listened and while the redhead could find herself in that kind of a religion the white haired woman was raised to believe in her people's deities and spirits and therefore found it a little odd just to believe in logic, history and ancestors but wasn't about to go in a deep discussion over it. People could believe whatever they wanted to.

Nyx was also very good at switching subjects in an instant. She'd said what she had to say about religion and now focussedher attention on Eryn again, trying to pry information from the redhead "I'm not sure what I can tell you... You've known him your entire life. We've been living together for two weeks now so we're still getting to know each other." Eryn said with a little shrug "I like him though, I'm glad I got him as my partner." the redhead added as she glanced to where Jaing was dealing with the twins.

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

HISTORY'S WRITTEN TODAY

Nyx blinked a little at the remark that Eirwen made and shook her head a little with a mischievous expression on her features. "Actually idiots like them are bound to cross the line. At the very least now they'll do it in a very public place with people that are going to take serious offence to it. They'll commit political suicide before long and without anyone having to put any serious effort into it." She said and leaned back in her seat. Turning her head she gave Eryn a little smirk. "Political maneuvering, they call it the Great Game. As opposed to so many of my kin I'm quite proficient t it. Between my brother and me they're expecting a lot of things to happen. Time will tell how it'll go." She added with a shrug before the conversation progressed gain.

"I can understand your reluctance but a few right words here and there can drastically change your life. Anyway you ever need something special, just let me know and I'll see if I can't make it happen." She uttered and then tossed Kai a glance. "Same to you oh great divine divinity." She said with a smirk causing the man to sigh and dip his head a little. Because of that distraction he wasn't really paying attention when Nyx teased Eirwen. Honestly she hadn't expected a reaction like that and it caused her to be even more interested. Smirking even more she leaned back in her seat and settled for round two. "My my, quite the reaction. They tell people so much, it's actually a little bit adorable." She uttered and leaned in closer to Eryn. "That's how you get people to admit more then they want to. You should try it sometime, it's a lot of fun." She whispered softly to Eryn but didn't continue teasing Eirwen any more. Despite the fun she was having she didn't want to make the poor woman more uncomfortable and the dubious look on Kai's face told her that he was starting to catch on.

When the topic shifted to her brother she smiled a bit at what the woman had to say. It was good to hear that he was doing well Despite being younger she was most certainly the motherly type when it came to her siblings. "That's good to hear, he has a bit of an ego and social interaction isn't his strongest skill but he does try... sometimes a bit too hard. Still you've got someone that'll go through fire for his friends... so be careful what you'll get yourself into. He might act before he thinks if things are bad enough." She finally said and blinked when Jaing settled back in his seat. "You're back and without causing an incident. Care to explain your magic?" She asked with a frown. Even the others had to know he wasn't the most tactful one in the group.

"Such faith, you wound me dear sister." He said with a sigh and took a bite of the food so that he at least got a bite of it to eat before it was on the plate for too long. "They wanted the typical thing really with a twist. They were trying to force her into an arranged marriage. Her family's one of those minor forge houses. To avoid her being forced into it I instead offered them a position in the protectorate. As I recall you've been maneuvering for a while to expand the Kirameki protectorate. You now have a grateful extra member. Let dad handle the details and let's speak of it no more. We're supposed to enjoy ourselves here." He explained and turned to the others. "Apologies for the interruption, I hve a thing against injustice." He said and dipped his head a little.

The poor smaller family had been a pawn in games beyond their control. At least now they ended up somewhere here they would get some respect and would be treated right. The protectorate was something new that his sister had started as the family's true political mastermind. She didn't tell anyone outside of the family that so that they would continue to underestimate the young beautiful woman. Their family was going through another rapid growth in power and despite their barbaric reputation they were managing to do so without any real incident, aside from their recent conflict. When asked why they did it they always gave the same answer : The strong should protect the weak.

"So did I miss anything?"

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Eryn never cared much for politics, she'd never had to before with her normal, middle class family and life. Maybe now, with Jaing as a partner, the redhead would have to get more interested in stuff like this, try to, pretend to, whatever really. The young woman let out a sigh just thinking about it but didn't have to worry about politics for too much longer since the conversation soon shifted with Nyx saying that if the redhead ever needed help with something she just had to ask. Eryn nodded, knowing that the blonde meant what she said, which was obviously very kind but Eryn couldn't see herself asking for something anytime soon.

Again the topic of conversation changed and this time Eryn was enjoying herself quite a bit. Seeing Eirwen try to talk her way out of an awkward situation was absolutely hilarious and would be used against the white haired woman for a long time to come. "It's not adorable at all. I'm just very uncomfortable right now. So if we could please change the subject before everyone catches on to your meaning." Eirwen reacted in quite the icy tone while Eryn could hardly hold her laughter.

it wasn't long before Jaing joined them again, whatever he'd been dealing with seemed to have been settled and this in a very quiet manner. Jaing wasn't the most tactful person, anyone could see that and yet there hadn't been a scene. Everyone seemed rather eager to hear the story and Jaing indulged them, explaining about the twins trying to force an arranged marriage. "Ugh, that's just...ugh." Eryn let out, shaking her head a little in disgust. Eirwen agreed but the white haired woman knew a little better what words to say.

When Jaing then asked what he had missed Eirwen abruptly stated "Nothing at all." While Eryn at the same time blurted out "Everything!". This earned the redhead an ice cold stare from the white haired woman. "Well...I mean nothing really." Eryn corrected her previous statement with a little shrug and a shiver. Did the temperature just drop?

During the remaining courses of dinner Eirwen tried her best not to turn into the center of attention, and Nyx' teasing again. Maybe she should've just stuck with her old 'friends', they wouldn't even dare tease the young woman. While Eirwen was avoiding eye contact, Eryn was having the time of her life, enjoying conversing with Jaing's sister. That woman was a blast.

Soon enough dessert was served, with addition of a dessert buffet opening, for those who wanted to go for seconds. And by the time most people were finished with their dessert the light was dimmed and the music changed to a tune urging people to get up and to the dance floor.
                                                                                        Eryn had been quite the natural during Jaing's lessons but the redhead had just finished her first dessert and the buffet looked damn good right now. Choices, choices. Glancing at Kai, thinking the demi-god would be a perfect partner in crime, Eryn almost unnoticeable motioned towards the buffet. Maybe he wanted to go for seconds too. Oh! or even better: would it be acceptable to eat while dancing? Eryn knew the likely answer to her own question but a girl could dream, right?

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

HISTORY'S WRITTEN TODAY

Jaing rowned a little that the others seemed dubious bout his ability to resolve conflicts. Especially his sister ought to know better but he suspected that she was putting on an act to fir into the group. The fear of force could almost accomplish as much as the use of force, in fact it accomplished a great many more things while doing less. It was funny how it all worked and the twins had most certainly learned to fear Jaing's ability to apply force. It reminded him of the demonstration he'd given to Eryn regarding his pacifistic nature.

After asking if he had missed anything he got quite an interesting reaction out of Eryn and Eirwen. It told him that he had missed something interesting regarding Eirwen. Without saying anything he just leaned forward a little to inspect her. "Now what could fluster you like that hmm?" He muttered tapping the table slightly before turning his head slightly to look at Kai. It then hid him and knowing her sister he could guess a few time. "Sure... I believe you." He finally said with that little smirk that clearly showed he had an idea of what was going on. Still he didn't press the issue as he didn't want to be too annoying.

Afterwards they had a pretty entertaining time just messing around and having fun. Most of it being dished out by Nyx who told stories from across the world. Eventually she decided that it would be fun to tell awkward childhood stories about Jaing but she only got one out before he started returning the favor. It was nice to see Eryn having such a good time as he'd been somewhat worried about how she would fit in. Actually Eirwen seemed to be the one not having all that much fun but every now and then he noticed her trying not to smile at some of the things that Nyx had to say. All the while Kai just seemed to try and take it all in, the world was turning into a much bigger place then he was used to and it took some adjustment. Even so he too was smiling broadly and having a good time.

When the music had started playing it signalled that it was time for people to start dancing. He wasn't the biggest fan of it honestly but well he was afraid of someone picking up Eryn in his absence. It wasn't the easiest thing to admit that he was starting to grow quite fond of her. In the past he'd dropped the ball a few times and he would be dammed if he'd allow it to happen again. He was contemplating things as he saw her wander off to the dessert table to get some more but from the corner of his eye could see a few glance at her. That pretty much made up his mind and he intercepted her right before she made it to the table. "I figure it's time we apply all that practice we put into you becoming a dancer." He suggested and leaned forward. "People here don't nearly eat as much as you think they do. There'll be more left then you can handle later." He uttered with a little smile as he took her hand lightly in his.

Back at the table that they had been occupying he could see that Kai and Eirwen had come to a similar conclusion themselves as they were headed to the dancefloor. No doubt Kai was assuring Eirwen that he had improved and that he wouldn't set the room and certainly not her dress on fire.

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Kai didn't seem too eager to join Eryn on her quest for seconds. The guy was taking the 'behaving' part a bit too seriously the redhead thought as she decided to get up anyway and as subtly as possible would try to get to the dessert table even if it was by herself which wouldn't be that hard with the music changing and people getting up to head towards the dance floor. This was the perfect moment to go for it.

Of course the redhead hadn't counted on Jaing to ruin her plans and especially not for the man to wait for her to almost accomplish her goal before intercepting her. "So close." Eryn muttered as she flashed Jaing her cutest pouty face but then her partner started speaking. "Hm well, if we don't then all of those lessons would've been for nothing. Can't have that now can we?." The redhead replied as she smiled and even let out a laugh at Jaing's next comment.

The redhead had figured as much. Most people present at the party are ridiculously rich, have status and an image to maintain. What better way is there to stay skinny than not eating? Oh the silliness of all of them. At least Eirwen had snapped out of that, even if just a little. The white haired woman had gone from maybe a quarter of a portion to a full one. Improvement!
                                                                                        "I hope you're right though. If there's nothing left when I get back here..." Eryn started as she let Jaing take her hand and guide her towards the dance floor "Let's just say, I know where you live." the redhead concluded before glancing at their table and seeing Kai managing to convince Eirwen to get up from her seat. The white haired woman, even with Jaing assuring her Kai had seriously improved, still seemed a bit doubtful but Eryn was sure the demi-god would do just fine and not set anything on fire.

Once they reached the dance floor a rather classical tune started and as people started to move Eryn smiled widely. She knew the moves. She would kill this! "I never thought classical dance could be this much fun. " The redhead said to her partner as the two of them blended in with the crowd perfectly. "But the party in general... Too political for my taste." She added before scanning the crowd to see if she could spot Eirwen and Kai.

Eirwen smiled when she could see firsthand just how much her partner had improved and this all thanks to Jaing. A sigh of relief left the woman's lips and not just because of Kai's improved dance moves but also to finally get some distance between her and Nyx. Jaing's sister, however nice and fun she may be, apparently had a knack for making Eirwen feel extremely uncomfortable with the uttering of just a few words.

"I know a party like this is a strange thing to you but I hope you're at least enjoying yourself." Eirwen said after a brief moment of silence on the dance floor during which the white haired woman had been assessing Kai's newly acquired skills and found herself rather impressed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff