Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

HISTORY'S WRITTEN TODAY
                                        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                                        INxxxxxxTHISxxxxxxBURNINGxxxxxxINFERNOXXXXXXXXXX

Jaing smiled a little at the first words that Eryn muttered today. "Well I'll take that as a compliment seeing as you at least recognise it as food." He uttered with a little laugh and let her get more comfortable. As inspected her less then elegant sleeping posture he wondered how that could have ever been comfortable. It reminded him of how he'd found his sister in all kinds of weird postures in the morning. Clearly it wasn't some sort of isolated incident. Women could be so very weird, he just couldn't understand them. It was interesting how there were something things that he had just resigned himself to never properly understanding.

As she asked him if he'd made the food he just nodded a little and sat down on the bed once she made the room for him. He was about to take a bite from the pancakes as she made a remark about his behavior. "Euh. Can't I just be nice?" He asked with a little tilt of his head and a smile. "Maybe I'm just a good person, surprise surprise." He said with a little laugh and then reached out to touch her leg lightly. "Consider it a thank you for last night." He said with a warm smile and then started to eat before his hard work got cold. When they were done they had a bit of a lazy moment as she complimented his cooking. "Thanks, I'll figure that means I should cook more often." He said with a little grin.

Very slowly he crawled out of the bed and got up on his feet, popping his back a little as he did so. "Yeah we do have some things on the schedule. Fortunately for us however it's just theory, no practical classes. Sadly that also means we're likely to fall asleep given the solid meal that we've just had. Consider it a challenge." He said with a laugh and was off to the shower to get cleaned up and dressed. Because he'd gotten in the shower first he was done first of course and ended up waiting on her to head down to 'magical theory'. It was a course that he was competent at but he wasn't a big fan of it. The teacher considered the purely practical part of Jaing's magic to be primitive and didn't hesitate to point it out. It didn't take a genius to realize that the man came from a rival family to Jaing's but he had to keep quiet but he had a long memory and would have revenge in his own way.

All he was interested now was the certificate from the university. He didn't really need it but it was one of those universal things that people recognised and respected. Besides with a certificate like that no one could claim he was the barbarian that people thought he was.

████ KNOW THAT NOTHING REMAINS ██████████████

User Image
User ImageUser Image

"Oh you know very well I didn't mean it like that" Eryn reacted while nudging Jaing. The redhead knew her partner to be a good person "You are nice, a gentleman even, it's just... You've never been this nice to me so it's just making me wonder." Getting a little vague at the end Eryn decided to end her explanation there and not come across as slightly mysterious. She wasn't sure what she was wondering. Luckily Jaing didn't press on the matter and told Eryn that breakfast was his way of saying thank you. "A thanks for last night? I have no idea why you should be thanking me. I'm the one who got to go to her first fancy gala wearing a gorgeous and ridiculously expensive dress." Waving her fork a little the redhead dismissed Jaing's comment thanking her.

Once her plate was empty Eryn was quick to compliment Jaing on his cooking, he had done an excellent job. Her partner immediately replied with a grin asking if that meant he should cook more often "Only if you want to." Eryn said but really what she meant was YES! Back at home Eryn's father usually is the one who does the cooking and all he ever cared to explain to his only daughter was how to prepare meat, any kind of meat. Everything else... Well he never bothered to teach her and her mother... Not a good cook, not trustworthy in the kitchen at all.
                                                                                        "Fortunately?" Eryn reacted with a sigh as she sank deeper under her covers when Jaing told her that they indeed had a few things on the schedule, theoretical classes. "I knew you'd be a bringer of bad news today." The young woman added in a more dramatical tone while watching Jaing get up and just as she was about to ask if they couldn't skip the class and just hang out all day her partner left the room, probably to get in the shower.

Rolling out of bed herself Eryn first cleared the plates and then got out some clean clothes and a clean towel or two and put them in a neat little stack so when Jaing was finished with hogging the bathroom she could take the quickest shower is history and get ready for the day.

Of course Jaing ended up waiting for her and when Eryn emerged from the bathroom fully clothed and going through her hair with her fingers the redhead flashed her partner a wide smile. "Maybe next time we should just take a shower together. Would safe us some time." She let out jokingly while tracking down her shoes and putting them on. Another option would be for Jaing not to wait for her every morning. In the three weeks of being paired with someone Eryn noticed that most of the other teams weren't as close as they were. Yes the students got along but they weren't seen together as much as Jaing and Eryn. Well you still had Kai and Eirwen and maybe a few others but mostly students did a lot of balancing, still spending quite some time with their original groups of friends.

"Ready!" The redhead exclaimed when she was finally fully dressed and ready to head down to class. "Which class was it again?" She wondered out loud while checking the schedule herself "Aha Magical Theory." A grin appeared on the young woman's face "Your favorite class of all. I wonder how many death glares you'll throw the man today. If looks could kill... The man would be toast and the entire class collateral damage." Eryn said in a joking manner, letting out a little laugh as they walked out of the apartment and headed towards the classroom.

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

HISTORY'S WRITTEN TODAY
                                        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Jaing gave her a little smirk that was meant to be somewhat mysterious. As always he was being a bit of a tease. "Oh you're wondering hmm? Careful now, you might start making me wonder about what you're wondering about." He said with a little laugh. A comment like that could easily be considered rather evil but Eryn didn't seem to mind his teasing all that much. If anything she almost encouraged it. After thanking her she seemed somewhat surprised by it but that just made him smile. "And I got to spend a night with a beautiful redhead at my arm. Guess that means we both got something good out of it." He said with a smile. Truly the deals where both sides got something positive out of were the best kind.

The idea of him cooking more often was actually one that he kind of liked. It wasn't like he hated cooking all that much and he did like showing off some of his skills. "Well you know I'm a fan of the whole modern man thing going on." He said with a little laugh, once more breaking the stereotype of the hulking, knuckledragging barbarian that he was supposed to be. One might thing said rumors were spread by enemies of the Kirameki to discredit them. Fortunately he knew that Eryn believed none of those, especially not after meeting his rather sophisticated sister (who honestly couldn't cook if her life depended on it).

He was contemplating the rest of the day while he was waiting for Eryn to finish getting ready. When she made her remark she'd caught him off guard and he froze for a moment with an expression that betrayed his thoughts, he was like a deer in the headlights. It didn't take too long to compose himself again however. "Usually remarks like that are presented somewhere around the third date, yesterday was only the first." He remarked to tease her in return and expected the girl's face to light up like a christmas tree.

As the headed downstairs she reminded him just how much he liked the teacher. "I dislike people that carry around that much prejudice. They close their mind to the world around them and refuse to adapt. The idea that we're supposed to learn from someone like that is quite honestly insulting almost." He uttered lightly and sighed before entering the class room. Their two friends hadn't arrived yet which made him wonder what was up but just shrugged as he settled down. Already the teacher was giving him the evil eye so he knew that they were in for a fun ride today alright.

And here he wanted a nice relaxing day to recover...

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Seeing Jaing leave the party with Eryn in his arms made the white haired woman feel the slightest bit jealous and not because of the rather romantic gesture but because Eirwen wanted to go back to university so badly by now. Instead of getting to leave the young woman had to once more play a proper host and say her goodbyes to a bunch of people who she barely even knew, recalling names on time was a real challenge though Eirwen of course wouldn't let that show. The worst thing of having to stay while everyone else got to leave was that somehow Kai felt obliged to do the same. Yes he had kind of been her date to this event but Eirwen didn't want to trap the man.

When they were finally outside and on their way back to the university Eirwen kicked off her heels. Picking them up the young woman decided she'd just walk home barefoot. There was no one from high society around to see and thus Eirwen didn't care anymore. "Thank you for sticking around and for an amazing evening." Eirwen let out as she flashed Kai a little smile before continuing "I had a great time."

The walk back to their apartment was a short one and before long Kai lay sprawled on the couch with quite the confused look on his face. Eirwen guessed Jaing had helped Kai get dressed for the gala and now the man was lost for Jaing had never explained how to get everything off again in one piece. The thought amused Eirwen but just when she was about to offer her help Kai figured it out himself and started undressing himself in the middle of their living room. To be honest Eirwen didn't even mind that much anymore, while towels were now becoming a rather good habit of Kai's there were still occasional awkward encounters and Eirwen kind of got used to it by now. Yet the man saw the need to apologize and hurry off toward his room.

Since it didn't seem like Kai was coming out of his room in the next few minutes Eirwen decided to get changed in her room as well. Slipping out of her dress and draping it over a chair the young woman then got into something more comfortable, pausing for a moment when she thought she heard something right outside of her room. Kai? Quickly pulling her shirt over her head the white haired woman went to open her door, only to see Kai's close again. Guessing he'd come to say goodnight and she not hearing him made Eirwen feel a bit bad. she wanted to go over to his room but what then? Apologize and say goodnight back? Wouldn't that be just a little bit silly? Eirwen eventually decided just to go to bed. If there was a need to she'd apologize in the morning.

Eirwen didn't sleep much that night, Kai and the gala popping back in her thought every so often, and when morning came the white haired woman didn't feel all that rested but got out of bed nonetheless to get ready for the day. Too bad there wasn't anything physical on the schedule today, staying awake might pose a challenge to the sleep deprived woman. By the end of her morning routine Eirwen at least looked well rested and when Kai showed up fully dressed and ready for the day the white haired woman greeted her partner before the two of them headed down to get some breakfast before their first class which was 'Magical Theory'.

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image
        ✮ ✮ I WALK αℓσηє WITH MY HEAD HELD high
        XXXX██████████████████████████████XXX
        X
                      STAND MY GROUND AT ANY COSTS JUST FOR THE RIGHT TO BE WRONG ● ● ●
                      X
                      I AM { THE ONE} WHO LOST CONTROL
                      X
                                    XXX██████████████████████████████

User Image
                                            Kai had managed to hold his own while Eryn was off paying her respects to the people that were leaving. A group of older men had grouped around him curious to hear what sort of stories he had to tell. He didn't have any issues with telling stories but after they found the first one boring he got tired of it and just started to inflate the stories. Interestingly enough they ate that garbage like it was candy so he kept it up until it was just him and Eryn. Together they left as he figured that it was only proper that he waited for her. Besides it wasn't like there was anything he could do on his own.

"The pleasure's all mine Eirwen. It was interesting to be at a place like that for once. I'm used to just hearing about it. Was nice to get some experience and a new perspective." He said with a smile as they headed back to their place. It was nice to see her ditch the heels as soon as she could as he was wondering why she even wore them in the first place. Honestly it was just another one of those things that he probably wouldn't figure out. It was the same with the outfit that he was wearing, clearly people liked the way he looked in it but he just didn't see it. Perhaps he just wasn't cultured enough to appreciate it.

Back in the room they had a bit of an awkward moment as they each stood before the door of the other for a moment wondering what to do before eventually going to bed without really doing anything. Perhaps it was a good thing that nothing came of it, the both of them were about as awkward as humanely possible and things were likely to get far worse as things escalated. It was strange for him as it wasn't an emotion he was used to having. Normally he was rather straightforward, perhaps it was because she was so very different from the people that he was used to. Honestly he didn't know but he decided that it probably didn't matter all that much either. He wasn't a philosopher and certainly not a psychologist, he didn't have to analyze thse sort of things, he just had to go through the motions.

The next morning he was up a little later then usual, he hadn't slept to well which was usually an indication of rather bad things happening in the near future. That said he actually didn't have a clue what that might be. Breakfast was rather uneventful and before long they were in the class for Magical Theory. Personally he didn't mind the teacher that much, sure the person in question was a bit of an idiot, one that claimed a bunch of things that were harmlessly wrong. Today however the topic was one close to his heart and that made being wrong somewhat harder to swallow. The topic was Demons and the man seemed convinced that all demons were born naturally evil, something that was far from the truth. A lot of people thought that demons were creatures born of rage and felt nothing but the urge to destroy.

The classroom was quiet aside from the occasional student making comments in agreement until Kai spoke up. "You couldn't be further from the truth if you were drunk and strapped to the back of Viniri in heat." He eventually muttered, drawing the ire of the teacher. The man tried to speak but Kai interjected. Most of the class winced as it was generally socially unacceptable for someone to act like this to a teacher. Not that he knew that sort of thing, he was used to people being wrong and corrected them often. Few people had an understanding of magic like him and so far he'd never agreed with anything that the man had said in class. "Demons are born from negative human emotions, rage, greed, lust, envy and all the others. Those emotions will be the center of their emotional state but that doesn't mean they're limited to it. I've seen greed demons sacrifice themselves for others and rage demons back down from a fight. They're influenced but not defined by it. All evil has potential for good just as all good has potential for evil. To preach different isn't just born from ignorance, it's from wilful ignorance." He said keeping his tone level.

At the same time the teacher looked like Kai had just punched him in the face which for all intents and purposes he'd actually just did. "Listen to me you little s**t. You're just some brat with delusions, you were high and looked a bit too hard into the fire after laying in the snow with one of your fellow barbarians. Keep your religious nonsense to yourself." The man exploded against Kai and managed to press every single one of Kai's buttons in a record time of five seconds. Over the next few moments the room got conspicuously hotter and there was a loud thunderclap as Kai suddenly had his trademark weapon in his hands. All he could feel was his mind going white hot rage and the last thing he saw before darkness consumed him were two bright blue lights.

User Image
      utXXXXharacter { 。。。

"S P E A K I N G"
      T H I N K I N G

Layout by shadowkyra

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

HISTORY'S WRITTEN TODAY

Jaing found the class to be less frustrating then usual but still rather annoying. The idea that some creatures were predispositioned to behave in specific ways went against his beliefs but he honestly didn't even know how wrong the man was. Truth be told it was something that he should have expected given how wrong the man usually was. The class was slowly devolving into a circle jerk just as he was about to lean forward and speak up about the uselessness of the course Kai spoke up. That drew a frown from Jaing's face as the man was usually quiet in classes such as these, just listening and he presumed that the man was just trying to learn. Now he realized that Kai had the same idea that he had except that the man didn't hold any punches in making the remark. It made him wince a little but it wasn't like the teacher could really do anything about it.

After all Kai was a bit of a special case but in the end that was precisely the problem. For all his good manners it was easy to forget that the man was indeed without proper cultural education and prone to throw manners and proper conduct out of the window. Between the two of them, Kai was the true barbarian and the teacher was about to pay for that mistake. Insulting a man like Kai did not come without consequences. At first Jaing thought it would just come down to exchanging insults but things escalated much too fast for that. The moment the temperature in the room spiked he was up on his feet, he couldn't see what Eirwen was doing. He imagined that the woman was doing something as well but the sheer ferocity behind Kai's actions caught everyone off guard, especially the teacher who just stared.

It was Jaing that reacted first, encased in the armor that was bound to his soul he surged forward and to everyone's surprise grabbed the divine warrior's weapon. The room filled with the smell of melting metal and burned flesh. Of course Jaing could have drawn a weapon or a shield to block the attack but then it'd be a proper fight and there was no telling how Kai would react to that in his current state. Still it was clear that the man wasn't going to be backing down any time soon. Pain shot through his hand before the nerves themselves were burned and he had to resort to his vast experience to remain calm, concentrated and disciplined. If this didn't end quickly the both of them were going to be seriously injured along with the others in the room.

With the last bit of strength he could muster in his right hand he yanked Kai forward and slammed his fist up into the man's stomach, taking him a few inches off the ground before slamming him down with his elbow to knock him out. "You're an idiot. You know that?" He said to the teacher as he tried to close his right hand. While it hurt terribly and looked much worse he doubted he would lose the hand if he got quick medical attention. "Let's taunt the Northerner who's here partially to learn social graces. You reap what you sow. This one's on you." He said calmly. "You learned a few things today, I guess we'll find out later if you remember it." He said before the adrenaline from the situation started to wear off and the pain kicked in for real.

"How about we get this treated..." He muttered through gritted teeth.

And here he had hoped to have a nice relaxing day.

User Image
User ImageUser Image

The day started out rather uneventful. Yesterdays gala wasn't discussed any further and neither was the tension that had been building up between the two of them and for that Eirwen was grateful. Talking about such things had never been the young woman's forte, she wasn't even all that sure what she should do about these feelings she thought she might have. Not act on them seemed like the safest way to go for now and so she did and things were back to her wondering how Kai could eat as much as he did during breakfast. Eryn and Jaing didn't show up for breakfast and it made Eirwen and Kai speculate on what the two of them might be up to. It made for quite the entertaining subject, for a while at least.

Class itself started out as usual with the professor starting his lecture, both Jaing and Kai not looking too pleased with the man with Jaing being the one who looked irritated the most. Eirwen knew the man came from a rival family and he often kind of picked on Jaing, that plus the professor's lack of knowledge on the subject he was teaching would be enough cause for irritation. Kai was usually more ok with the man but today things seemed a bit different. As soon as the man started explaining about demons and how they were born Kai looked as if he was going to explode in the man's face any moment.

Eventually Kai did speak up, something he rarely did during class and it had Eirwen on edge in an instant and not just because of the comment coming from her partner but the air around Kai had started to heat up just a little, not that anyone beside Eirwen would notice at this point. As Kai started explaining about demons, going against everything the teacher had just told the class, not a single person even dared to move. Kai's way of going about it had been rather disrespectful, well would be perceived as disrespectful at least, and it wasn't socially acceptable.

For a moment you could hear a pin drop in the room. The atmosphere was really tense and the professor looked like Kai had just punched him in the face. Eirwen wasn't too far off when she thought Kai was going to explode in the man's face and things weren't over yet.

After the longest few seconds of absolute silence the teacher couldn't keep his cool any longer and very inelegantly and in an immature way started insulting Kai. This was when the room heated up measurably and one glance at the weapon now in Kai's hand told Eirwen that things had escalated much quicker than anyone could have anticipated. Kai was losing it, too many buttons pushed.

Jaing was the first to react, launching himself toward Kai and grabbing his weapon. At about the same time Eirwen conjured a wall of ice between her partner and his target just in case Jaing wouldn't be able to hold on and focused the rest of her magic to canceling out the heat Kai was generating. Nothing that would stop the man but it would slow him down, even if just a little bit and give Jaing a better chance of stopping him before things would truly get out of hand and they'd end up with a dead teacher.

In the next few moments Jaing managed to muster enough strength to knock out Kai, in a few swift moves the divine warrior was on the ground. Eirwen immediately took down her ice wall and threw the professor a furious look. The man himself could do nothing but stare, he had no words for what had just happened. Jaing started scolding the man and once finished with that Eryn was by her partner's side, fussing over him, asking if he was ok. While Jaing and Eirwen had been busy with Kai Eryn had taken it upon herself to see to it that the other students were escorted out of the classroom without drawing any attention.

"Here let me." Eirwen said noticing Jaing was starting to really feel the pain of his injury. Letting her hand hover over the wound the white haired woman cooled down Jaing's hand enough to lessen the pain and even kick started the healing process "This should help a little." She added before instructing Eryn to get her partner to the infirmary as soon as possible.

When the two left the room Eirwen kneeled down next to Kai and after quickly checking the man over turned her attention to the teacher. He was still in the room, looking rather dazed, but had inched closer to the exit ever since Jaing's lecture. "You will never set foot in this university again, you will never teach again and I don't want to ever lay eyes upon you ever again." The white haired woman said in a rather chilling tone of voice and for a second the man looked like he was going to say something but then wisely decided to keep quiet. Eirwen was after all part of a very powerful family and her threats were without a doubt something to fear. "Now leave!"

"Kai? Kai?! Wake up." With her hands resting against either side of her partner's face Eirwen started patting his cheek lightly. "Come on wake up. I need to know you're ok."

User ImageUser Image

It was supposed to be a boring day. Boring classes during which Eryn could nap a little. But no, things had to go horribly wrong and it all started when the teacher opened his damned mouth and started spouting information that was far from the truth and when Kai, who was usually rather quiet during classes, pointed this out and corrected the man things just went to hell. Everything escalated so quickly that most people present in the classroom had no idea how to react beside wince and stay glued to their seats. The insults directed at Kai were what pushed the young man over the edge and before anyone really knew what was happening Kai had a weapon in his hands and looked about ready to kill the professor.

Jaing was quick to his feet, launching himself at Kai and grabbing the man's weapon. The instant smell of burning flesh filling the room had Eryn almost go in panic mode and she had to fight the urge to get in between of the two men but how would either of them react? The situation was too explosive for a rash action like that and besides, Jaing could handle himself, especially with Eirwen using some of her ice magic to slow Kai down. In that moment Eryn decided that the one thing she could to help was get everyone else out of the room just in case things were to get even worse than they were now and everyone would end up as collateral damage.

Before long Kai was on the ground, knocked out, and Jaing stood there lecturing the professor while trying to close his right hand, which looked awful by the way. Eryn was by her partner's side in an instant "Are you ok?" She let out "Well as ok as you can be right now?" She added before taking a step back when Eirwen offered her help and sort of froze Jaing's wound, then telling the redhead to get Jaing to the infirmary. "Will do." Eryn replied. Escorting Jaing out of the room Eryn put his non burnt arm around her neck, slipping her own arm around his waist. "Just in case you decide to faint." The redhead said as she looked up at her partner, her wounded partner.

"What were you thinking grabbing that weapon like that? Do you have any idea how close I was to going in full on panic mode. I could smell your hand burning!" Eryn let out all of a sudden "What if things had escalated even further? You could've gotten seriously hurt! Not that this isn't serious enough already but still. I'd rather have a one handed Jaing than a dead one." The redhead didn't actually think Jaing was about to lose his hand. The university has and trains some of the best healers and with Eirwen's improvised ice bandage Jaing would most likely fully recover.

When they got to infirmary it was pretty clear word of the incident had gotten around the school already and someone was at their side in an instant. "Fix him. Fix him now." Eryn demanded and when they tried to tell the redhead that it would be better for her to wait outside while they were taking care of Jaing she just let out a laugh "Yeah no. He's my partner and I'm not leaving his side, not for a second so shut the ******** up and fix his damned hand." Eryn was probably overreacting a bit...A lot...It's not like Jaing was dying or anything but the redhead meant what she said, she was sticking by his side.

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

HISTORY'S WRITTEN TODAY

Jaing looked down at Kai's unconscious form before Eryn tried to drag him away. "Hang on hang on. One last thing that I need to do." He said and touched Kai's forehead. There was a glow around the two of them and a shiver ran down Jaing's spine. "I've taken his weapon from him. Tell him to come ask it back when he feels the time is right. He's not an idiot but he has the temper of one, he'll realize it on his own." He said as Eirwen treated his hand. "Thanks Eirwen. I appreciate it. Now please make sure that he doesn't break things after he wakes up. Not entirely sure what kind of mood it'll be." He said and then gave into Eryn's constant asking if he was alright. "Yes Eryn, I'm fine please don't worry. I've suffered through far worse." He uttered but couldn't hide that it hurt like hell, nor did he try to. He didn't have anything to prove.

When she asked him why he had grabbed the weapon he sighed softly and collected his thoughts. "Because when both parties draw weapons it's a fight, this was an intervention. A small difference perhaps but it's one I still wanted to make." he explained and looked at his hand briefly before wincing at the sight of it. "Besides... there was no telling how he'd have reacted to having a weapon drawn on him. You saw how much power he was giving off, he could have flattened the whole school in that fit of his." He said with a little shrug but winced as she mentioned how scared and panicked she was as a result of it all. Truth be told he hadn't expected to take that much damage, nor did he anticpate her panicking as much as she was.

"For what it's worth I'm sorry for causing you distress." He said with full honesty and winced a little once they were at the infirmary and they started to inspect the hand. While they were explaining him how they were going to regrow the nerves he was preoccupied with listening to Eryn as she convinced the healers to let her stay. "She's a keeper lad, treat her well." A voice whispered to him and he found himself nodding absently as he started to nod off from both medication entering and the adrenaline leaving his body. While he was out they peeled away the burnt skin so they could restore the the nerves and regrow the flesh once more. All in all he was out for about an hour. They told him that he would have to take care of his hand for a while and to use it as little as possible.

The first thing he saw when he woke up was Eryn hovering over him, no doubt because he'd been shifting as he woke up. His eyes met hers and he smiled brightly. "You know... that's quite something to look at when you woke up." He said and shifted a little before sitting upright to get the explanation about his hand. Before he could even try to open and close them one of the healers scolded him and told Eryn to keep an eye on him so that he'd recover as quickly as possible. Jaing just sighed and almost used it to support himself as he got up. "I don't think I'll be doing that again any time soon. Fourth degree burns aren't nearly as fun as I thought they'd be." He said and took a moment to collect himself after standing up.

Whatever they had used to bring him under must have been quite potent to bring someone like him under and honestly it was still kicking his a** somewhat. "I'll be fine, really. What's the next class?" He asked curiously, not wanting to lose the rest of the day. Truly he was one for shrugging off injury and just moving forward, a trait shared by all of his people.

User Image

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image
        X
                      X
                      X

User Image
                                            While Kai was unconscious he stood before the burning throne of his goddess. It had been a while since he'd been summoned before her and honestly it was never any good. He'd only ever been brought here to be scolded so that was what he prepared himself for. As he met her burning gaze he could see her scowl. "You really are an idiot aren't you?" The powerful voice said in a harsh tone that made him wince despite his attempts not to. "Are you actively trying to ruin our reputation? You could have killed people there." She said and an image of Jaing in surgery appeared next to the both of them.

"You are fortunate to have a friend as powerful as him. By all rights he should have put you down like the dog you pretended to be." She said and again Kai winced slightly, language like that hadn't been used before and it spoke volumes about just how angry she was. He tried to speak but no sound came out, clearly she had no intention of listening to him right now so all he could do was listen for now. "I asked him to take your weapon from you." She then revealed which made his eyes go wide for a moment. "Well of course he thinks it's his own idea, I'm not connected to him so I can't talk to him like I can with you but I can still influence him." She said with a slight smirk and shrugged her shoulders.

With slow steps she approached him before putting a searing touch on his cheek. "You have taken everything for granted, Solarion, your powers and your stature. Only to be expected seeing as you've had them as a child but now it's time you understand life without them. Until you are worthy once more you will have to stand on your own. Now what do you have to say." The woman said and Kai could feel energy leave him. "Why?" Was the only thing he could ask after a moment of silence. "Because you don't understand what it is to be human Kai, you were supposed to learn it at the school but things got out of control. You will be weak until you understand." She stated and the world slowly started to fade.

"How will I can get my powers back?" He asked but she just stood there with a smile. Sighing he realized the answer to that question. Part of knowing that they were back would be the proof of him being worthy of them once more.

When he woke up in reality he slowly opened his eyes to meet pale blue lights once more but he quickly realized they weren't the slits from Jaing's helmet but Eirwen's gaze. "Yeah... I'm fine... If a little weak... there are consequences to what I've done... help me get up." He uttered as he tried to get up but realized he lacked the strength to do so. Partly because he really was weak but at the same time because he felt so guilty for what he'd done. "Not again..." He muttered at the realization at the destruction he'd caused in his rage.

User Image
      utXXXXharacter { 。。。

"S P E A K I N G"
      T H I N K I N G

Layout by shadowkyra
User ImageUser Image

"Don't apologize. I've even seen worse happen, it was just... well the smell and the possibility of you losing your hand." Eryn reacted when Jaing apologized for freaking her out a little right before wincing when the healers started inspecting his hand. Next thing the healers tried to convince Eryn to leave the room, go out to the waiting area, but the redhead was having none of that and while a healer explained to Jaing what exactly was going to happen Eryn was having an argument with another and the young woman was determined to win this one. She wasn't leaving Jaing's side, not even for a second and if needed she could take on all of the people present in the infirmary. Of course that would leave for no one to actually help her partner. After merely a minute of arguing Eryn was rather pleased with herself but that didn't last all too long really.

The redhead could stay but that meant seeing what they were doing to Jaing's hand and the peeling of the skin had the young woman wincing a little. His hand looked pretty bad and the bits of burnt skin coming off had Eryn wonder if she'd made the right decision in staying. "Miss North if you want you can still step out you know." a healer commented. "Nope" was the redhead's simple answer and right after the 'ew' part of restoring Jaing's hand was over. The rest of it was rather fascinating to watch and not even an hour later they were finished.

From the moment Jaing started waking up Eryn was hovering again and once their eyes met Eryn mirrored Jaing's bright smile and even laughed at his little comment. Before the young woman could think of anything to say back someone stepped into the room to give Jaing the explanation of what was done to his hand and how he would have to take care of it and use it as little as possible for quite some time. Not being able to help himself Jaing was about to try to close his hand but before he could actually do it he got scolded and Eryn was told to keep an eye on him. The redhead nodded and thanked the healers while half keeping her attention focused on Jaing, who by now was trying to get up from the bed.

With a sigh Eryn slightly shook her head as she went to stand next to Jaing and put an arm around his waist once more. Even though he tried to convince her that he was fine the redhead could clearly see the anesthetic was still in his system and really he shouldn't be walking around just yet. "Next class? You're kidding right?" Eryn really wasn't shocked by Jaing's question all that much, just the fact that he thought classes would continue at all today. "Not that I'd let you go anyway but Kai freaked out a lot of students and even faculty members with his little display of stupidity." Eryn started. She'd picked it up during Jaing's surgery. Oh how those healers gossip. "Classes got cancelled so the damage and Kai can be dealt with." Eryn wasn't sounding the least bit sympathetic towards Kai and probably wouldn't for a while. There were people with anger management problems and then there was Kai, the man had crossed a line and it had almost cost Jaing his hand.

"Let's just get you to the apartment. Since there are no more classes today you can maybe take a nap or something." Eryn said, carefully suggesting the nap while ushering Jaing out of the infirmary. The going to the apartment part wasn't up for discussion and before long Jaing was laying on the couch surrounded by all the pillows Eryn could find around the apartment and her sitting on the floor next to the couch, head on top her arms resting on one of those pillows. "I watched the entire surgery. It was disgusting. Not sure I even want that hand to touch me ever again." She let out in a joking tone of voice.

User ImageUser Image

Kai was out for at least a few minutes and as he didn't immediately respond to Eirwen the young woman got a chance to look around the room. even though it hadn't come to an actual fight the room did suffer some damage though all in all it was as fixable as could be. At first glance the integrity of the structure of the building didn't seem compromised at all. A quick cleanup and maybe a new paint job and it would seem as if Kai losing it never happened.

When the man finally woke up Eirwen let out a sigh of relief, in her mind quickly thanked the gods and after hearing Kai speak helped her partner up to his feat before pulling out the nearest chair and forcing him to sit down again. At least it wasn't on the floor this time and at least she didn't use brute force like Jaing had.

When Kai spoke of there being consequences the white haired woman nodded her head. there was no gong around that. "There will be, which is only fair." The white haired woman reacted but while she meant he would be reprimanded and most likely put on probation by the school's council Eirwen got the feeling Kai was talking about something else. "Wait, you said there are? As is you already know what the consequences are? I don't think we're talking about the same thing here." Eirwen reacted as she stood in front of Kai with her arms crossed. "Care to share?" She then added, not sure if Kai wanted to discuss all of that right now.

Before Kai could answer Eirwen pulled out her datapad, she'd heard it buzzing, and since Eryn had to take Jaing to the infirmary the white haired woman hoped it would be a message from her redheaded friend though it would surprise her if Eryn had even thought of letting Eirwen know, she had been so preoccupied with taking care of Jaing. "Jaing's hand is going to need surgery but he'll be fine." Eirwen eventually spoke up, leaving out a few swear words Eryn had found the time to put in there. "Eryn's not very happy with you right now." the white haired woman added before putting her datapad away again.

Right at that moment someone appeared in the doorway and without even looking who it could be Eirwen let a gust of ice cold wind slam the door shut right in their face after which she froze the entrance to the room completely. "Look. The damage, I'll deal with that. The anger issues you obviously have, we'll deal with that, I am your partner after all. But it's a onetime thing. People here will annoy you and push you to your limits and you can't go all 'demi-god out of control' every time some idiot manages to push all the wrong buttons. Now if you would please explain what went on when you were out, something quite clearly did, I'd appreciate that."

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

HISTORY'S WRITTEN TODAY

Jaing was honestly a little surprised that Eryn had stayed the entire time. He had expected her to get bored from watching the procedure but the clear look she had in her eyes told him that the whispered voice had been quite right. She didn't seem to have relaxed in the slightest while he had been under and that just made him appreciate her all the more. He already had a deep respect for the redhead, one that had unexpectedly grown even more. While it was quite easy to earn a basic level of respect with Jaing few people ever made it as close to his heart as Eryn was managing to do in record time. It almost made him suspicious but if there was ever someone that their soul on their sleeve it was Eryn. Something that was very rare to the point of precious.

He tried to convince her to let him go to the next class as he wasn't really the type to slow down in the face of injury but she wasn't really having any of it. In this case the two would have likely butted heads a little, at least up until Eryn mentioned that due to what had happened the classes had been dismissed while Kai was likely awaiting punishment. He'd been thinking about the man and honestly felt a bit bad for himself. He pitied people that couldn't control themselves properly and Kai now certainly belonged in that group in his eyes. "I'm wondering if it's actually completely his fault." He mused quietly, mostly to himself but with how close Eryn was she'd hear it of course. "Through history gods are rumoured to teach people by forcing their actions. Usually causing great or tragic events. While this hardly counts as those... I can't help but wonder if there's more to it. He did come here to learn..." He said his voice trailing off a bit as he was still suffering from the medication he'd been given. Perhaps it was best not to think too hard before recovering properly.

Before long they were in their apartment and she laid him down on the sofa so that he could relax a bit there. Hearing her words made him smile a little and to tease her he rubbed the bandaged hand against her side though it resembled prodding a bit more. Still the motion made him wince a little and he regretted it quickly. "Okay... not doing that again." He muttered and shifted a little to be more comfortable. "You know...it's rather interesting that you say that. If there's one part of my body that's well and truly clean it's that hand. Still... I don't think it's the best way of cleaning." He said with a wry smile and lifted his hand a little to look at the injury. At least he didn't have to deal with the burn injury, all he had to suffer through was the tissue regeneration which really was it's own brand of agony though it wouldn't last nearly as long as it wouldn't last nearly as long.

He turned a little so that he was laying on his side as he looked at the redhead and smiled warmly at her. "Thanks for being here for me. I really do appreciate it. It means a lot to me to have someone I can count on." He said and reached out to hold her hand with his undamaged one to squeeze it gently. "I didn't expect to find someone here that I could trust. It really is a pleasant surprise." He continued in a soft and pleasant tone. "Somehow... I don't think I'll be cooking with my other hand, not without some help anyway. Care to help me out later?"

User Image

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image
        X
                      X
                      X

User Image
                                            Kai blinked a little at the white haired woman's words before she realized that the two of them were thinking of quite different things. When she uttered those words he nodded slowly. "The laws of mortals... they don't really matter all that much to me." He admitted lightly. "My standing with a few old men in robes is rather insignificant compared to the favor of my goddess." He added to explain but didn't elaborate what the consequences were. It wasn't exactly something he wanted to vocalise right now, even with her closing the door on someone that showed up he wasn't feeling very forthcoming. Strength was something that was part of a person's identity where he came from and now he had lost that until he proved himself.

When she spoke up about Jaing she had his full attention as he was curious what had happened to the man. Truth be told he couldn't remember all that much and he was beyond surprised that the man had been able to stop him so... easily. "That's good to hear. I hate for him to suffer more for my actions. I should be the only one suffering for them." He said softly and sighed lightly when she told him about Eryn. "Well I can hardly blame her for it. I'm pretty sure that there are a few that are just as displeased with me. Perhaps I should excuse myself and find a different academy to attend to." He mused to himself and clearly seemed to debate it before shaking his head. Alexstraza clearly wasn't going to accept that and only a child ran away from problems. No he was stuck here and was just going to have to deal with it.

"I'll talk to her later... and Jaing... probably not at the same time.I think he's the more reasonable of the two." He spoke lightly. When she started speaking about the problems he had in a more concrete way he sighed lightly. "I can't make any promises Eirwen. A lot of my actions aren't always my own. I'm not like normal people, life is different for me. I have my own will but my aspect sometimes forces me into a different direction then I want. At times like those it's like I'm trapped within myself." He said and scratched his head lightly. Usually all of this wasn't too much of a problem as in the wilds these sorts of conflicts were a lot easier to resolve. Perhaps this was all just part of it, for him to learn how to resolve conflicts without the use of force, or at least without the help of it.

When she asked him again about what had happened he knew that she wasn't going to drop the topic easily. He'd tried to evade it before but... well she was persistent about it even if he didn't want to explain it. No doubt she was going to keep asking what had happened. Everyone was so distraught about it, it really made all of that much more unpleasant. He wished that it hadn't happened, that he could just sink into the ground and make it so that it never happened. "I've been punished. I have to earn what I am once more. All of my powers have been stripped from me as well as the physical strength that came with it. For better or for worse I am mortal once more though weaker then your average one would be." He admitted and was curious to see how she reacted to it.

For him it was quite the leap of faith for him to trust her with that as weakness wasn't something that was usually tolerated in him but now it was forced upon him.

User Image
      utXXXXharacter { 。。。

"S P E A K I N G"
      T H I N K I N G

Layout by shadowkyra
User ImageUser Image

While classes had really been cancelled Eryn would have gladly lied about it. There was no way the redhead would've let her partner attend drugged like he was. As if he'd remember much of the lecture the day after or stay awake during it for that matter. Luckily there was no need for lies and Eryn managed to get Jaing to the apartment without any further incident.

When Jaing had started thinking out loud about the whole thing not being entirely Kai's fault Eryn didn't react much. Kai wasn't in her good books right now and hearing Jaing, who'd gotten hurt because of Kai's actions, sort of defend the man annoyed her a little bit and she wasn't exactly sure why. "it's not like the professor physically attacked Kai. He should be able to handle some verbal abuse without exploding in everyone's faces." Eryn eventually let out right before they got the apartment and Eryn parked Jaing on the sofa, surrounding the man with pillows to make him as comfortable as possible before sitting down next to him on the floor and making a joke about his hand to lighten the mood a little.

Of course Jaing had to react with teasing. Eryn faked looking disgusted by him touching her with his bandaged hand and when he winced a little in pain a smile appeared on her face "That's what you get with all that teasing of you. Karma can be a real b***h, no?" Eryn reacted, shifting a little so she could reach Jaing's face and poked his cheek a couple of times before getting comfortable again.

Jaing then turned to lay on his side with Eryn tilting her head to the side a little while wondering what her partner was up to. Was he just repositioning himself of was he very slowly trying to get up from the sofa? It appeared to be the first option and when Jaing started thanking Eryn, taking her hand in his the redhead felt a light blush coming up, that same awkward feeling she could get around Jaing washing over her once more. "Geez, it's not like you were dying or anything and we're partners, you can always count on me." she eventually let out after having to clear her throat a little.

Eryn was glad the conversation went from Jaing thanking her to dinner and how he wouldn't be able to cook them anything with just his one good hand. "You can sit at the breakfast bar and tell me what to do. I'm sure that with clear instructions I can manage just fine." This was turning into a thing, Jaing trying to do things he shouldn't be doing and Eryn telling him he couldn't. "Now, is there anything you want me to get you? I don't think there are any pillows left in the entire apartment but I can check. Or do you want a blanket so you can take a nap or do you want me to run you a bath? I can help you, it's not like I haven't seen you naked already." It may have sounded a bit rushed when Eryn offered all of that but with this the redhead hoped it would get through to the man that all he had to do for the rest of the day was take it easy. "I know you've been injured far worse than this and you're used to just carrying on but please, let me just take care of you. Ok?" after giving it a little thought Eryn figured that directly saying something might be of more effect instead of hoping he'd just get it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff