Welcome to Gaia! ::

User ImageUser Image

Eirwen was rather relieved when her partner spoke up, nudged her and smiled. Returning the favor she replied, "You have no idea..." and settled in her seat in more comfortable fashion. There were still so many people to listen to and most of it wasn't going to interest the white haired woman so for a while she zoned out while her gaze remained on whoever was standing in front of the class and she continued to do this until it was Jaing's turn. Eirwen actually already knew quite a bit about the Kirameki family but maybe Jaing had some interesting things to add to what she already knew. Turns out he did and when he sat back down The white hair woman assumed Eryn would be next, yet once again the redhead was completely looked over. Eirwen wondered how much longer Eryn could take this as she looked about ready to jump up from her seat to do some damage. Eryn remained seated though.

When it was finally the redheads turn Eirwen leaned forward a bit, wondering what the seething woman was planning on doing. Barely being able to hold back a smile Eirwen listened to the sarcastic and rather dry generalization of Eryn's family and then watched the redhead walk out of the room. Eirwen actually felt like cheering for the woman even though not much of her statement had reached the rest of the class. "Well that was...I don't have a word for it. Poor Eryn. But did you see the teacher's face when she got hit in the face with all that red hair?" Eirwen couldn't help but be a little entertained.

Class was over soon after Eryn's dramatic exit and after Kai had to instill some fear in those of the fan-base who'd gathered up the courage to actually come up to the two, and not in the same manner Jaing and Eryn had approached them but like those creepy stalker fans, the two of them headed outside with Eirwen smiling at her partner for the comment he had made about his sanity "You'll get used to it, to them." The white haired woman spoke.

"It's all politics, especially in a school like this, and no one is ever treated fairly. Well I'm sure the academy's headmaster tries his best but when it's a teacher's word against that of a student who do you think he's inclined to believe? Not a student without powerful parents to back him or her up. But I'm sure not all teachers are so stuck up or have their own agenda they'd rather worry about." Eirwen said with a little sigh. While she had been homeschooled for most of her life, some of her friends had gone to private schools and there the teachers were afraid of the students because every single one of them had at least one parents who could get them fired. Here things were different, Eryn surely wasn't the only one accepted just because of what she was capable of.

The seriousness of the conversation toned down a bit as the two of them went for a stroll in the gardens and Kai showed her where he did his morning meditating and before long it was time to head back to the dining hall, it was about lunchtime already.

Just as Kai and Eirwen settled at a table a less angry redhead and her partner showed up. Kai even made a joke and Eryn was in a good enough mood again to return the smile before sitting down next to Eirwen. "If you want I can call in a favor with my dad, have the woman fired?" Eirwen suggested, it was the only helpful thing she could think off.

When Jaing asked if the four of them had a lot of overlapping classes Eirwen pulled out her datapad, opened her schedule and slid it over to Jaing to see while listening to Kai speak. "I think all the top ranking students, and their partners, will be in the same group, sort of a mean way to let the others know they've done poorly on the simulation. The partners of those who ranked high but didn't do too good themselves are both lucky and unlucky." Eirwen offered with a little shrug before turning her gaze to the dining hall entrance and seeing someone from the academy, not a teacher, walking in, taking a brief look around and upon establishing where Eirwen was seated walked over to the white haired woman. Eirwen had already gotten up when the woman reached her and said something needed Eirwen's attention. "I'll be right back, excuse me." The white haired woman said before going in pursuit of the secretary only to return a few minutes later, a slightly annoyed look sitting on her face.

"My father wants to throw a 'beginning of the academy year' party, well knowing him it'll be more like a black tie gala thing and everyone will get a written invitation." Eirwen explained when she noticed the questioning looks. "And he found it necessary to send someone to personally come ask me if there was anyone specific I wanted to add to the guest list. Such a decadent way to go about it, he could've just called."

User ImageUser Image

Eryn had no idea how to react to what Jaing had just said. A part of her just wanted to joke and laugh the seriousness away but that might just offend her partner since he'd sounded so sincere and passionate about what he'd just stated. She could add that to the list: Polite, honest, a bully (or a tease), passionate. It wasn't too bad of a list of qualities and the redhead was rather pleased to have been paired with a man like Jaing. "That's eh really sweet of you?" She said hesitating a bit having no idea if her reaction was even remotely appropriate.

After Jaing teasing her some more, which Eryn both openly hated and secretly enjoyed just a little bit, Eryn had reacted in a rather nervous fashion and her partner just replied that is was a question for her to find out herself. It gave the redhead something to think about for the moment only to realize she either didn't want to come up with an answer, not now anyway, or she simply wouldn't be able to so the young woman changed to subject to food and to her relief Jaing suggested they head down to the dining hall.

On their way a few people threw Eryn a look and when Jaing commented the redhead just smiled widely "If I'm going to have to instill fear in others for them to respect me, I'm down with that." She said in a joking manner. The young woman, in her normal state of mind, didn't look threatening at all.

Walking in the dining hall Jaing spotted the two academy stars already sitting at a table and lead Eryn over to them. The redhead got comfortable next to Eirwen and when Kai commented about her not having killed anyone yet the redhead smiled widely, showing her bad mood was over. For now. After that Eirwen asked if Eryn wanted her to call in a favor with her dad and the redhead politely declined the offer, "Nah, but thanks for offering."

Next Jaing asked about their schedules and Eirwen slid her datapad over to the large male so he had something to compare and while the others got in to a conversation about how the groups might have been divided the redhead kept silent for a while and just listened since she had nothing to add to the conversation anyway when suddenly Eirwen had to leave the table for a moment to 'go handle something'. A curious look crossed the redhead's face "What the heck was that all about? Geez, rich people." she let out.

It didn't take long for Eirwen to rejoin the others and with Eryn curious gaze demanding an explanation Eirwen spoke of her father wanting to have some kind of a fancy party to start of the academy year and that he sent a messenger to ask if Eirwen had any demands quest list wise. "You did add me, right?" Eryn asked the white haired woman but a glance towards Jaing told her she was being rude again. Just as she was about to apologize Eirwen spoke up again "Of course, you're the first person I asked to add, then the boys." It was quite obvious Eirwen had left out the fact that both Jaing and Kai would've been on the list already but Eryn couldn't care less. Her bad mood had lifted completely now that she was invited to some high society party.

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image
        ✮ ✮ I WALK αℓσηє WITH MY HEAD HELD high
        XXXX██████████████████████████████XXX
        X
                      STAND MY GROUND AT ANY COSTS JUST FOR THE RIGHT TO BE WRONG ● ● ●
                      STAND MY GROUND AT ANY COSTS JUST FOR THE RIGHT TO BE WRONG ● ● ●
                      X
                      I AM { THE ONE} WHO LOST CONTROL
                      X
                                    XXX██████████████████████████████

User Image
                                            Kai gave a little groan at the words she uttered about the way schools worked. "You know. Being what I am I'm supposed to be a judge for mankind. But the things the school is showing me... it's not the greatest at all. If anything it's dissapointing. To think that the 'best and brightest' are educated in a system like this. The attitude that Eryn was showed is the kind that simply cannot be tolerated. They saw it happen, they'll think it's proper and continue it. Even if we can get them off her back it's the kind of behavior they'll continue to show to others. For a histroy teacher to demonstrate the first step in what started the great war three hundred years ago..." He said and looked like something hit him but he didn't speak up. "It's pretty much unthinkable that's what." He finally said and sighed. This is was something to think about alright.

A little later when the others showed up there was a brief talk about what they would be doing about the teacher. "You'd think that someone would have done something about it before us. Surely someone else with some power would have noticed it. Honestly it feels weird that the very first class has something exactly like that. Like it's supposed to make us think something you know. Maybe I'm just paranoid. It's just... well Alexstraza showed me opposites to teach me the actual thing. It just feels like that to me." He muttered and gave a shrug. Whether or not they believed what he was thinking was up to them. He mentioned what was on his mind and that was really all he could really do. The topic quickly shifted to the classes and he found himself nodding to Eirwen's words as he agreed with what Eryn said about the classes. He was about to ask what the others were thinking about their next class but then Eirwen had to leave for something. It left him wondering what was up but he figured he'd get an answer soon.

When she announced why it left him blinking a little before he felt a hint of nervousness settle in. Looking down at himself or rather his outfit he was feeling a little antsy. "You know... I don't really have anything fancy for an event like that." He mentioned and scratched the back of his head a little. Fact is he only had a few outfits on him and none of them were remotely close to something that could be considered fancy. "I can take care of that. After the next class you and me are off to go shopping. We'll get you something good. I'm not the most stylish of people but I do know a nearby place that we can go to. Perhaps the ladies are thinking about doing the same thing?" He asked and turned his attention to Eryn and Eirwen. Part of him didn't think that Eryn was the time to come here with a fancy dress but it was of course entirely possible that he was wrong about that.

"Ah. You realize that I can't pay for any of that right? I was given a rather liberal fund to live off here but I don't think it's supposed to include stuff like that." Kai muttered with a little frown but that just got another smirk from Jaing. "Ha! You're worrying about that. Leave the finances to me lad. My family has more money then what's good for them." He said with a little grin and put a hand on the younger blonde's shoulder. "This will be good for you. Give you a chance to see a different walk of life and all that." He said and leaned back in his seat. "Just tell me that the Bantari aren't coming." He said mentioning the name of a rival family that the Kirameki had been at war with recently.

User Image
      utXXXXharacter { 。。。

"S P E A K I N G"
      T H I N K I N G

Layout by shadowkyra
User ImageUser Image

When the redhead had asked, maybe more like demanded she be on the list, Eirwen was again surprised by how direct Eryn could be but white haired woman could in all honesty say that Eryn had been the first one she'd added to the list. After she had asked about both Jaing and Kai just in case but of course they both already on the list, Kai because he was her partner and quite the celebrity and Jaing because he's a Kirameki, his parents were sure to receive an invite as well. As Eirwen was still doing her best to come to terms with how straightforward the redhead was she noticed the concerned look on Kai's face and remembered he had asked her to take him shopping sometime soon. Well this would be the perfect time to do so.

Jaing beat her to it and offered to go to shops after the combat class "You do know that the gala won't be for another week or so, right? Since it's going to be over the top formal, it'll take some time to set everything up." Eirwen let out since they'd acting as if the 'party' would be tonight and they would have to hurry to get the perfect outfit together. "I do love me some shopping though and I'd be delighted to go with you Eryn, it'll be my treat." Eirwen added with a little smile, turning her attention to the redhead sitting next to her, the look on her face telling Eirwen that Eryn was having a hard time deciding on an emotion to display. "Have I offended you in some way?" Eirwen asked innocently though she knew all too well that offering to pay like it was nothing might have hurt the woman's pride. Again. "If you want it can be loan?" The white haired woman offered hesitantly and it was then that the redhead cheered up a little and accepted the offer with a smile.

"As for you two." Eirwen said "We'll be joining you to whatever store you're going. I don't trust your fashion judgment." She added in a determined tone of voice. She wanted to tag along not only because she found her fashion sense would be superior to that of the guys she was mighty curious to how Kai would handle the trip and wasn't about to miss out on it. Eryn sat there grinning broadly only to have Eirwen giving the redhead a look over, "I don't trust you either since you don't come across as a real girly girl." Eryn had a fake hurt look on her face as she over exaggeratingly stated that she was offended but then smiled and added, "I guess jeans are a no-no?" Eirwen shook her head in reply then directing her attention to Jaing "I'll make sure to check with my father and get back to you."

The remaining time the four of them spent together during lunch was rather relaxed. They talked about this and that, Eryn was back to her bubbly self and they actually gotten themselves something to eat. When some time had passed and everyone seemed to be finished eating, Kai of course went back like three times with Eryn admiring the way the man could eat. Eirwen pushed her chair back a little and smiled at the little group. "I'm going to change in to something more comfortable for the combat class and give my father a call to ask about the Bantari and to find out every single last detail about this gala, so if you'll excuse me." Eirwen said in a polite manner, then glanced at Kai, shooting him a look as if to ask if he wanted to come with or rather stay with Jaing and Eryn.

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

HISTORY'S WRITTEN TODAY
                                        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                                        INxxxxxxTHISxxxxxxBURNINGxxxxxxINFERNOXXXXXXXXXX

Jaing gave Eirwen a little grin as she spoke about the gala not happening for another week. He was full aware of that but the way he saw it both Kai and Eryn were in need of some education regarding how to properly behave at those events. "I know I know. But this will be the first time he attends something like that and it might be the same for Eryn. Things can get pretty rough at those gigs in their own right if they don't fit in. There's more to it then just the outfit, they have to be comfortable in it and know how to wear it. You know the whole deal, I'm sure they put you through all kinds of classes for these things if they put me through one." He said in reference to the fact that the Kirameki weren't known as the most 'socially correct' people.

"Besides call me paranoid but I prefer getting things ready as soon as possible. Things have a way of getting hectic right before the hammer drops and classes will become more common over the next few days. We might not get another chance to get a few hours off at once." He pointed out a moment later and wondered if she would agree to it. The conversation turned to getting Eryn something and he could already predict that the redhead wasn't going to entirely like it. "Careful what you wish for Eryn. A good dress can be quite expensive." He said with a little smile but didn't try to talk her out of it, it wouldn't work anyway. Eryn simply was way too stubborn for that and it made him wonder if Eirwen was the same. What he'd seen of her so far made him think that she was but not as extreme as Eryn.

Then the conversation shifted back to the two men and Jaing had a frown on his features. "Hey my sense of style is just fine. You wound me miss Storm." He said only half serious and leaned back in his seat a little. "Fine but on one condition. We don't spend half the day there while you have Kai and Eryn play dress up model." He said with a smirk and turned to Eryn briefly. "Though I do admit it'd be interesting to see her in different outfits." He said for the usual tease that she no doubt saw coming from a mile away. "All jokes and all that aside. I think it'll be good for the four of us. Something to relax and bond over you know?" He said with a genuine smile.

Kai looked around to see if any of the others had a reaction to Jaing mentioning the Bantari but seeing as they didn't ask for an elaboration he spoke up. "Ah. Why?" The man asked and Jaing gave a shrug. "A conflict two years ago over a border dispute. They were in error, they knew it but didn't back down to save face. All it did was cause them more grief." He explained and got a frown from Kai. "Grief as in...?" Kai asked hesitantly, not all to sure if he was going to like the answer. "The twin heirs of the family each lost an arm with one also losing a leg. They challenged me in the field and I obliged. When they realized it wasn't going their way they tried to cheat and double team me. Maybe I should have finished them but for their actions a life in shame is better served. Then their dad stepped in to cause a fuss about my 'treatment of high born sons'." He said and crossed his arms over his chest. "Like the bastards wouldn't have killed me had they had a chance." He said and shrugged but then had a little grin. "My dad didn't approve of that so much and entered the scene himself. Let's just say that Lord Bantari won't be saying stuff like that again... Not personally anyway."

"Your people don't mess around do they?" Kai remarked after a little silence and Jaing gave another shrug. "You grew up in the North. You know how it is with idiots like them. If you go soft on them they'll see it as weakness and return, or worse others might see it as a weakness. Was what we did harsh? Yes. Was it excessive? No. Would they have done worse? Absolutely." Jaing replied calmly and then prodded at his food with his fork a little. "It's posturing for the world. Like a Lion's roar or a Gorrilla thumping his chest. The political world is a exactly like the animal kingdom. The weak are preyed upon. We intend to make sure people don't even consider facing us. We demand the respect of the world but sometimes fear is needed as well." He said and was quiet for a moment. "Even if we don't like doing it. We do what we must for those we love, to keep them safe." He finished and then ate. The conversation quickly shifted to more pleasant things. It wasn't the most joyful of topics to bring up but if they were going to hang around him they should know about his people and their past. It would help them understand some of his actions and his stances on things.

When the meal was over he nodded in thanks to Eirwen's words. "Much obliged. Do give him my greetings. Knowing my father he might have sent a gift. I'm sure both are already aware that we're talking between classes." He said with a knowing sigh. When Eirwen left Kai left as well giving the two of them a smile. "It's good to have friends... Thank you." He said softly to the two of them before leaving. "So we getting changed as well before the class? I know I'm not wearing this suit for it, something looser would be fine." He said and got up slowly while waiting for her reply.

████ KNOW THAT NOTHING REMAINS ██████████████

User Image
User ImageUser Image

"Should I like feel really offended?" Eryn offered, getting a little agitated at the way Eirwen and Jaing were talking as if Eryn wasn't even there. Saying things like the redhead would probably have never attended a gala before or worn fancy dresses. Of course she hadn't but they shouldn't just assume so. "Yes of course ignore the redhead, it's seems to be a thing around here." She muttered under her breath. Though the comment went ignored the attention did eventually shift towards her with Eirwen offering to take the redhead shopping and paying. Ouch. Now she was not only unsophisticated but poor too. Eryn just glared for a moment until Eirwen changed her offer to it being a loan. Though still not too happy about it the redhead agreed with a smile just before Jaing commented that a dress could be quite expensive. Eryn wanted to punch her partner and tell him to shut up but luckily for him he was sitting across from her and not next to.

After a little more talking about going shopping after class which Eirwen was already looking forward by the looks of it, the conversation turned a whole lot more serious when Kai asked about the Bantari. Eryn hadn't thought of asking her partner while they were still with the others but she did want to know more so in a way the redhead was rather relieved she didn't have to ask Jaing for a little explanation herself. Jaing obliged and told them of how the Bantari had crossed a line (har har).

To the redhead the way things had been handled seemed a bit, well more than a bit, harsh, bordering cruel. Jaing did explain that given the chance the Bantari would've done much worse but still, cutting off arms and legs...

During Jaing's 'story' Kai was the only one who occasionally said something. Eirwen had kept a perfect straight face and Eryn, well the redhead wasn't good at hiding her feelings, her face clearly readable at all times but tried to cover her dismay with interest.

To Eryn's relief the conversation shifted to more pleasant topics. When all four of them were about finished with their lunch, Eirwen excused herself and with a look asked if he'd join her. Well they already seemed like two peas in a pod. Eryn watched them leave the room before turning back to Jaing who'd asked if they were going to change before the next class as well. "Eh, sure. Let's go." She replied and rose from her seat just as Jaing was doing and followed her partner out of the dining hall.

"Not that I question your, or your family's judgment but there really wasn't a more diplomatic way to go about it? Or is that just not how you handle things?" The redhead asked as they reached the apartment and she did so without looking at her partner as a pensive look crossed her face. Eryn had no idea how people like Jaing and Eirwen handled things. The redhead knew nothing of politics and being 'high-born' and what responsibilities and whatever else comes with that. "Cutting off limbs is kinda brutal." Eryn added hesitantly. She tried picking her words carefully, something the redhead usually didn't bother doing.

Opening the door leading into their apartment the young woman slid in first and walked over to the couch, dropping herself on it. She was already wearing clothes comfortable enough for a battle class so there was no need for her to change.

((vrij lame post..sowwies T^T ))

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

HISTORY'S WRITTEN TODAY
                                        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Jaing gave Eirwen a little when she referred to the story that he'd told. It was clear that she didn't like it very much but frankly it was just the nature of the world that they both lived in. "It started with an assassination attempt on my father, myself and my two year old sister. We confronted them, they lied, we showed the proof and they invaded. My family might not be the most diplomatic but the Bantari are all savages and barbarians." He said calmly but hoped that Eryn would understand that for him to use such terminology it was probably worse then how he was putting it. "Usually one deals with issues through dialogue but that's hard when they're trying to shove a sword down your throat. Only way to get people to talk then is to disarm them, figuratively or literally. Either way works though one is preferable over the others."

He took a moment to consider the sort of answer that she was really after. "Say an incident happened with the Storm family and my own. What would usually happen is a meeting between the heads of the houses or their representatives. Then the issue would be looked into and depending on how it goes there'll be a payment of a sort from one end but almost always we'll be looking to make sure it doesn't happen. Typically by increasing trade." He said and gave her a look to check if she was still following which she was. "Trade stops wars you know. War used to be profitable, kill a few people, steal their gold. As long as you don't suffer more losses you have profit. But if peace becomes more profitable... Well then why start a war?" He said with a smile.

Another thing that the Kirameki were known for was their rather sizeable trade fleet, something that they had been able to build up ages ago due to their reputation as relentless warriors. "In the end the Kirameki are pacifists really." He said with a little smile that grew to a grin when she gave him a dubious look. "I'll show." He uttered and then looked at a guy that came walking their way. "HEY! You!" He uttered with his fists raised. The man looked a little panicked and took a step back. "Fight me right now." Jaing said seriously as the guy continued to back away before running away. "See. I'm a force for peace." He said with a smirk but still reached for his datapad to look the guy up and send him an apolagy.

When she spoke about how the whole dismemberment thing had been rather brutal he gave a little frown. "I hope you're not thinking I did it after beating them or something." He said slowly, wondering if he was thinking him to be some kind of cruel monster. "It happened during the battle. The struck at me, left themselves open and I struck back with that being the result. Injuries happen in fights like those, some of them being much more serious." He uttered finally and hoped that would settle things between them. Considering that they were still getting to know each other something like this could be a deal breaker between the two of them and he didn't want that to be the case.

A little while later they were in their place again and he went into his room to change into something more comfortable. After a few short minutes he appeared in a traditional training outfit that was used in multiple places aross the world. "Alright. You ready? Let's get going." He said, rubbing his hands as he was eager to get started on the class.

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Eryn hadn't known the whole 'dispute' had started because of the Bantari trying to assassinate Jaing and his family, his actions making a lot more sense now that Eryn was handed that bit of information. It indeed would've been hard to try and settle things through dialogue when the other party is trying to kill you but Jaing did add that usually things did get handled in a more diplomatic and he enforced his statement by giving an example. During his whole explanation Eryn occasionally glanced at Jaing, nodding here and there to show her partner she was still following and truly getting what he was saying. Well, until he said that the Kirameki are pacifist. Hm... A raised eyebrow showed that the redhead wasn't really all that sure about that.

That look earned Eryn a wide grin from her partner and she instantly knew he was up to something now, her thoughts only confirmed when he spoke out loud, saying he would prove it to her. He then continued to threaten the first person they came across in the hall and sent him running "The other guy seemed like the pacifist in the little show you just put on." Eryn commented as she watched Jaing pull out his datapad and when she not so subtly inched closer to see what her partner was up to she noticed that he was actually looking up the guy he'd nearly assaulted and sent an apology "If I didn't know about the Bantari thing I would call you a softie." She then said as she nudged Jaing while smiling.

The redhead couldn't help herself and added a comment about chopping off limbs being rather brutal. Jaing instantly reacted, explaining that such things happen during battle and making sure she knew that he hadn't dismembered anyone after beating them. "Well, you never know. It could've been a form of punishment. I don't know." Eryn said with a little shrug but was relieved that what she just said hadn't been the case.

Back in the apartment Eryn was lounging on the couch while Jaing went to his room to change. A few minutes later he emerged from his room with Eryn jumping off the couch at the sight of her partner and walked over to him. Tugging on his outfit she asked, "Are you wearing a skirt?" then looking up with him while trying not to smile to broadly though amusement was clearly noticeable in her eyes. "Well, you look adorable!" She added while taking a step back and looking her partner over. While studying the outfit Eryn remembered this was actually a traditional training outfit and was rather common though to the redhead it still looked like a damn skirt. "I didn't know you were in to that" she said, referring to skirts and dresses and she tried saying it with as straight a face as possible "Ooooh, are there going to be three of us shopping for a dress later today?" Eryn couldn't help herself.

After her bad mood and Jaing's teasing over the past few days this was something that apparently needed out of her system. She did say everything in a tone that suggested she was joking but for a short moment the redhead wondered if she'd gone too far, maybe Jaing would feel insulted. If he was, she'd just have to deal with it.

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

HISTORY'S WRITTEN TODAY

For the very first time since they met Jaing lost that beneign patient expression on his face and instead he had a rather serious one. Teasing ws one thing but now he just felt insulted and that was hardly a good thing when he was involved. "You really don't know why it's so wide don't you?" He asked slowly, wondering how she'd gotten such a high score on her test without understanding that basic principle. Without any visual warning he lashed out with a snap kick that rested a mere centimeter from Eryn's face. Despite her impressive skills and reaction times she just didn't have enough warning to react, because the Hakama obscured the legs. With one it was impossible to tell what stance your enemy was in and it obscured vital moments when the wearer attacked.

"Principle of information obscurity. It's relevant on the highest scale of combat to the lowest. If your enemy doesn't know what you're doing, he or she can't prepare properly. Something to think about Eryn, before you laugh next time." He said, appearing fully patient once more. It seemed like this wasn't the first time the issue had been brought up with him judging by his reaction and said reaction had been a trained and measured one he had performed more often then he cared to count. Back home he occasionally trained the guard corps and had to deal with instances of pure bullshit from some of the newer recruits. He had hoped to be spared such nonesense with his partner but that sadly didn't seem the case in the slightest.

"Come on let's get going. The class is going to start any moment." He said and took her down to the open field that was going to be used. They were amongst the first but when more people arrived it was clear that the Hakama was quite a common thing for people to use. Due to it obscuring information it was nice to train with as it forced your partner to sharpen their skills considerably to keep up. Still it wasn't exactly comfortable to move around hence it wasn't used on actual battlefields that much, it also didn't provide the same protection that armor provided. A little bit after Jaing and Eryn arrived they were met with their two new friends Kai and Eirwen. Kai gave the Hakama a look but didn't comment about it, he just shrugged as he was wearing a loose shirt and pants. The blonde was looking forward to all of this as he'd never had any formal martial arts training, he just had a natural knack for beating the everliving crap out of people.

Then the teacher finally appeared and inspected the students. "Hmm... a few hopefulls... we'll see about the others." He said grufly and indicated for Eryn to come forward. "You got the highest scores so you're going to be the dummy for demonstration purposes. I trust you don't have any objections." The man stated, not waiting for an answer as various styles of unarmed combat were demonstrated on Eryn. While occasionally painful she was getting first hand knowledge about the different styles and as such had an advantage over the other students.

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Making a kind of 'eep' noise Eryn inched back a little, just about ready to get in to a defensive stance but Jaing's sudden move had caught her off guard and if he hadn't stopped when he did he would've hit her square in the face. And of course with that demonstration came a lecture. She'd really done it this time, Jaing was seriously annoyed which actually annoyed Eryn a little, she had just been joking around a bit, she never once said that the outfit was without purpose, just that it looked like a damn skirt, which it does. Letting out a sigh the redhead crossed her arms in front of her and turned on her heels right before Jaing said that they'd better get going if they wanted to be on time for class to start.

Following her partner out to the open field Eryn didn't say a single word and if something were to come out of her mouth it would be 'still looks like a skirt' and that would not benefit their partnership. Jaing would be annoyed further and his lectures would anger Eryn and then they'd end up fighting so the redhead decided to just keep quiet. Her decision was tested as soon as more people started to arrive and some of them were wearing skirts as well. A smile eventually crossed the redhead's face when the class celebrities arrived and she saw Kai's reaction to the training outfit. Eirwen as usual had that blank, almost bored look on her face.

There wasn't much time for socializing before the teacher arrived and the man almost immediately motioned for Eryn to come forward. The redhead did as she was told and when the teacher told her what the plan was the young woman nodded. It wasn't as if she had a choice in the matter or that the teacher even waited for a decent answer to come from the redhead.
                                                                                        While again not given the proper time to get ready Eryn this time was fast enough to block the first move the teacher made, though admittedly she went about it a bit clumsily. The teacher was relentless, demonstrating one thing after another without giving Eryn any time to even take a breath. Yes Eryn would surely feel a bit sore and bruised later but now that she'd gotten a little taste of all those different styles she would know what to look for in an attack, focus on the right thing and be able to block more efficiently and hit back where it would cause the most damage.

Eventually Eryn went to stand back with the group. Standing in her original place next to Jaing she tried to subtly rub a sore spot on her arm while paying attention to the teacher explaining some more, showing a few more moves without using a student as a target and then telling all teams to pick out a spot in the field and start practicing. Crossing her arms the redhead looked up at her partner, waiting for him to pick a spot.

((post suckt T^T))

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

HISTORY'S WRITTEN TODAY

Jaing watched Eryn deal with the teacher with a little wince. Now that she finally did get attention and acknowledgement from a teacher it seemed like it might not always be the best thing in the world. Some of the things that the teacher demonstrated looked like they genuinely hurt and he didn't envy Eryn's current place in the class. He looked around and could see that the initial looks of envy had completely turned around. Still she got first hand experience from what they would be learning and in his book that was actually pretty much worth it. Part of him wondered if Eryn could handle it but that was quickly suppressed, he was well aware of Eryn's abilities and her natural talent. He knew that she would be fine and that she'd take every edge that she could take from classes such as these. In the end they were working on her speciality after all.

When it was time for them to practice they got right to it. It was probably a good thing that it was a physical class as it allowed the both of them to unleash a bit of tension in their sparring. The both of them were the kind of person with strong feelings and that meant that a clash was somewhat inevitable, even if it was for silly reasons. Even so their sparring was comparatively low intensity compared to what Eirwen and Kai were doing, though it was mostly the blonde's fault. The man was just too used to using fire in tandem with just about everything so the training session on that side of the field was filled with bursts of fire and swearing followed by berating from the teacher which wasn't really helping the hothead all that much. Still Jaing could understand what Kai was going through in a way. For him it wasn't always as easy to settle into a mindset for training as he'd been on a real battlefield plenty of times.

When the class was over the both of them had gotten rid of the admittedly low amount of tension between each other so everything was peachy once more. Still he could see the bruises on her body due to what the teacher had put her through. "Hey... let's get back to our place. I know something to get that tension from your body." He uttered softly and wondered what she'd think he meant but didn't think about it too much. Once back at their place he told her to get down on her bed face first with her back facing him. "Trust me alright. I'm a professional and all that good stuff." He said with that slightly teasing smirk that Eryn would be familiar with by now. When she finally did as he had asked he got on the bed as well and settled slightly above her hips.

He stretched his fingers a little and then got to work on Eryn's back. "Y'know. I usually charge for this service... then again I usually have oils on hand for this as well..." He murmured and shrugged. Oh well if Eryn enjoyed it then he could always arrange for some proper equipment. His finger tips slowly moved over the redhead's back, caressing aching muscles and teasing nerves. It was a gentle massage that still managed to massage deeply to Eryn's core. While it was only for a few short minutes it felt a bit longer and he pulled back with a little smile. "So how's that feel?" He asked after a little while and gave another smirk.

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Eryn was already feeling kind of battered and she still had a sparring session with Jaing to get through. Looking up at her partner the redhead couldn't even pretend to be annoyed with him anymore yet when the sparring session commenced Eryn was still happy to get out some of that anger that she'd built up during the entire day. It needed out. Though for now things were kept rather mellow, especially in comparison with their newly acquired friends. Kai seemed to be having a lot of trouble keeping the fiery outburst to a minimum. Their training session included a lot of swearing, fire and well Eirwen having to use her ice magic just to be able to defend herself after which she just scowled at her teammate. Eryn smiled from ear to ear as she watched the two of them for a second and how intense their session had gotten before focusing on her own training again.

The redhead let out a sigh once class was finally over and as she tried to stretch she couldn't help but wince in pain. The teacher had gotten in a few good hits. This once. Eryn was like a sponge when it came to hand to hand combat and once she had a certain technique down it would stay with her and it would seem as if she'd been training for years. Once shown a move the redhead wasn't likely to forget it. She's a natural but in no way a master yet.

When Jaing suggested going back to the apartment Eryn raised an eyebrow slightly. Jaing had a way of making things sound...Sexual. "O-kay then..." she eventually reacted, albeit a little hesitant. While having her partner figured out a little she still had to find a way to be able to tell whether he's teasing her or not, what the underlining message is when he says something like that. For now it seemed smart just to go along with it and follow her partner back to their place.
                                                                                        Back at the apartment Jaing ordered the redhead to lay, stomach down, on the bed. He then claimed to be a professional at whatever he was going to do to her and of course that little smirk of his followed. "I'm sure you are." Eryn said rather dryly and after giving him a narrow eyed look she did as she was told. "If you try anything funny I will kick your a**." the redhead felt the need to add a little warning, just in case.

It was when Jaing started massaging her that Eryn could finally relax as it was the best thing ever and it would surely help with the inevitable soreness. Letting out a blissful sigh every now and then the redhead was enjoying the experience and when Jaing spoke up she just told him to shush it and keep massaging.

A few minutes later Jaing stopped and spoke up again. "Like you shouldn't have stopped." Pulling her clothes in place the redhead turned around and sat up as soon as she could, smiling at her partner. "That was amazing, thank you." She then said and leaned forward to give Jaing a light kiss on the cheek before getting up from the bed and stretching. "And I thought a hot bath was the answer to everything. Now I know better." She then muttered as she strode out of the bedroom and went to drop herself on a couch, legs dangling over a side.

"Hm we still have to go to the shops with Kai and Eirwen." In this relaxed state Eryn didn't feel like going anywhere. Lounging around the apartment seemed so much more fun right now than trying out countless dresses, overpriced dresses, just to wear once. Most likely once...It wasn't like the redhead would be invited to many galas after the one Eirwen's dad's hosting. "Maybe after I can still take that bath." The redhead mused to herself.

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

HISTORY'S WRITTEN TODAY

Jaing grinned immensely, clearly satisfied with himself when he saw the effect that he had Eryn. It was always nice to get positive feedback and he had managed to get a feel for the kind of things that they liked. "Y'know any further massages are going to have to be... earned." He said with a little smirk to tease her. "But I can promise you that further ones are going to be much better now that I've gotten a feel for what kind of things you like. It's all about improving and getting used to things." He added and gave Eryn a genuine smile when she kissed his cheek. That was certainly a sign that she'd appreciated it alright, he couldn't have hoped for much better. It was also good to know that things were all fine between the two of them after their earlier 'incident'. Sure it had been a very minor thing but such things tended to escalate and he was happy that they had stopped it dead in it's tracks.

Slowly he got up on his feet as well and stretched a little before joining her in the common room. When she reminded him of what they were supposed to be doing in a bit he blinked at the realization that he had forgotten all about it already. "Oh yeah. I forgot about that." He admitted with a little laugh and dropped down in the couch in front of her. "I'll send them a message so we get going in half an hour or something. That way you get some time to get back to your senses." He uttered with a little smile and comfortably leaned back in the seat with a happy sigh. Casual moments like these where they could just relax were just awesome as far as he was concerned and judging by Eryn's facial expression she was thinking the same thing though that could be the aftermath of Jaing's actions.

They had some casual talk for the next bit before it was time to meet up with Kai and Eirwen. Slowly he got up on his feet and gave Eryn a look. "You able to walk or am I going to have to carry you around?" He asked slowly but the expression on his face didn't really betray wether he was teasing her or not right now. Knowing him anything was possible at times like these. Jaing had a thing for being unpredictable, he got a lot of amusement out of it but it was also a viable survival tactic. For now however he got a continuous amount of enjoyment out of watching Eryn try to figure him out. She would eventually but even so he doubted that the dynamic between them would change all that much as a result of it.

"I'm still half tempted to try and sneak Kai away from Eirwen. I figure him and I can cover more ground." He said and tapped his chin briefly. "What do you think? Would you prefer that we all stick together the entire time?" He asked, figuring that his partner should have some say in the matter as it would mean that she'd be stick with the other woman for the duration of the men's absence.

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Waiting for her partner to emerge from the bedroom Eryn thought a few things over. More massages had to be earned. more information on the subject was required especially since Jaing said that further ones were only going to get better. As soon as Jaing walked in to the common room the redhead turned her attention towards her partner to ask "How can I 'earn' more massages? Is there a teammate discount?" She asked with a smile as she shifted herself a little on the couch so she was more or less in a seated position before remembering that they still had to go out to the shops with Kai and Eirwen.

When she commented about that out loud the redhead noticed that Jaing looked a bit lost, if only for a second. He'd already forgotten about the little shopping trip and it only made Eryn smile wider. When he then said he was going to message them to leave in about half an hour the redhead nodded in agreement. She didn't want to ruin her super relaxed state just yet "Fine by me." she commented.

The time to meet up with the two stars of the school came too damn soon and Eryn couldn't help but make a face. The young woman didn't even like shopping all that much, especially not when it comes to dresses and fancy clothes. Eryn thought about it for a few moments and came to the realization she probably didn't even own a dress or a skirt.

Seeing Jaing get up to his feet motivated Eryn to at least sit up straight and when her partner somewhat offered to carry her the redhead had no idea if he was just teasing her, again, or not. Her first instinct was to just jump up, walk past him and wait for him to follow. But what if she played along this time? "I think you're going to have to carry me." Eryn said in a slightly dramatic tone, adding a sigh.

The young woman pulled another face when Jaing dared suggest stealing Kai away from Eirwen, meaning she would be left with the white haired woman. By herself. "Yeah, biggest nope ever! You cannot leave me alone with her. She will have me try on every dress in every shop. Did you see that twinkle in her eyes when YOU decided we needed to go shopping today." The redhead started as she stood up on top of the couch, hands on her hips. "Don't you dare sneak off with Kai, Kirameki! I will kill you if you do." her arms now crossed in front of her the redhead took a minute to just glare at her partner while trying to maintain her balance standing on the couch.

"So are you going to carry me or not?" Eryn eventually asked, a grin playing around her lips. Now that she'd gotten the 'glare at Jaing' part out of the way she could go back to playing along and seeing with her partner would do. She had to figure him out eventually, not that she very optimistic about ever being able to she could still try.

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

HISTORY'S WRITTEN TODAY

Jaing gave a little shrug at her words. "That's for you to figure out really. Why don't you try a few things and find out?" He said with a smirk, knowing that the anwser was likely going to annoy her a little but that was simply the point. Teasing was an art by his standards and he intended to become a master at teasing Eryn. Through it the two of them were getting to know each other in a playful way that still provided them with enough information about each other to be of use. Honestly this was the best way to do things right? At least they were having fun while doing it, well... Jaing was but he was sure that the smiles and moments of fluster indicated the same for Eryn. Which pretty much told him to keep it up, she'd give him a genuine negative sign if she didn't like it right?

He gave a light sigh when Eryn decided to take him up on his tease. It had backfired a bit but whatever he could deal with it. It wasn't like Eryn weighed more then he could carry, even if she probably weighed a fair bit given that she was exceptionally strong for her size. When the topic of him potentially sneaking came to mind he winced a little at her reaction. "Alright alright you made your point. Still it'd be interesting to see you in all kinds of outfits. I certainly wouldn't be complaining." He said with a little smile and looked at her get up. "Well you're clearly able to walk on your own so I figure that won't be necessary." He uttered and turned around to get ready to leave. As he did so she took advantage of his position and jumped on his back, forcing him to carry her. "I should have known." He muttered with a sigh but didn't try to get rid of her.

With her on his back he took her down to where they would be meeting with the other two. While it was rather pleasant to feel Eryn pressed up against his body it wasn't something that could last. The two of them were already getting a few weird looks. "Alright that's about enough of you copping a feel. Don't think I can't feel it." He said and shifted a little so that they were pressed against each other a little more before finally making it so that she could get off his back properly. Not much later the other two arrived and he gave them a little wave. "Right so let's get Eryn sorted. Way I figure it that'll take the longest." He said giving Eryn a little nudge. "We can always blast through things with Kai. Outfits for men tend to be rather less critical." Jaing added with a smile and could see Kai shrug, clearly the man didn't really follow what Jaing was saying but that was alright. The man would learn a lot of things in his time here at the college.

"Right. Let's get going so that we can finish before the turn of the century, preferably before dinner as well."

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces