Welcome to Gaia! ::

''...mmmrrrrraaaaaahhhhhh''

Kara rolled over and pulled her hood over her head as she came to.
She slowly sat up and took the glass.

'How long was I asleep?'', she asked, stifling a yawn.

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
"Couple of hours, or thereabouts," Wolfgang said, then offered her one of his many knives with which to eat. "There's some bread over by the fire too if you want it, and there's more stew in the kettle, so eat as much as you want."

Kemp had snuck out from his corner and was sprawled beside the fire also, warming his belly.
''Thanks.'', she said, taking the knife and beginning to eat.
She glanced over at Mari who appeared to be poking at the stew with a knife.

''Did anything happen while I was out?''

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
Wolfgang shook his head, leaning back to retrieve his own glass and started eating.

"All quiet," he said. "We had some ghouls crawl past the front about an hour ago, but they didn't seem to realise we were in here. That gargoyle thing, or whatever it is, has screamed a few more times, but not anywhere nearby."
Kara nodded and continued to eat in silence. She finished off the last of the stew in her glass and leant back against the wall, huddling herself up in her cloak as she did so.
''You two should get some sleep when you've eaten. I'll keep watch''

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
"I'm not all that tired to be honest, I don't mind keeping watch," Wolfgang said, shrugging and grabbing a piece of bread to mop up some of the stew with. He gestured to the kettle. "Do you want anymore? I know the glasses aren't that big, but I couldn't find anything larger."
Kara yawned and laid back down.
''As long as you're sure'', she mumbled, ''And I'm fine, thanks though.''

She pulled the cloak back round her, closed her eyes and almost immediately drifted back to sleep.

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
Wolfgang nodded, and then sat for a few minutes watching her, just to make sure she was okay, before he retreated back to the fire and had another glass of stew, sitting awake until just a little before dawn, when he woke Mari to finish the watch.

Mari, when the sun finally came up, lowered the wards on the door cautiously, then opened it and looked out. She wrinkled her nose, then shut it again and looked at the two that seemed to be her new comrades.

"Wakey wakey, rise and shine," she said dryly. "Best we be off."
Kara made another slightly pathetic noise as she woke up and rubbed her eyes.

''Are the ghouls gone?'', she asked, clambering to her feet and stretched, before she began to put her bedding back into her pack.

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
"In a manner of speaking," Mari said, as Wolfgang yawned and patted Kemp's flank to wake him. The dog got up and stretched, then lapped water from one of the glasses that'd been left out for him. "There are no... Active ghouls out there anymore. They do not like the sun overmuch."
''Works for me'', Kara said, hoisting her pack onto her back before adjusting her cloak and pulling her scarf back over her face.

She stepped outside into the crisp morning air. Everything was still quiet, but at least it wasnt dark now. The outside of the pub door had a few scratch markings on it from the ghouls trying to gain entry in the night.

Kara turned to Wolfgang.
''You said this is your city. Any suggestions of where we should head?''

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
By the light of day, there were also bits and pieces scattered along the street. Ghouls fared poorly when left alone and tended to turn on their own weaker brethren, and while there was not much debris left, there was enough to mark slaughter, including that of some that had obviously still been regular human beings.

"The wall's been compromised, I think," Wolfgang said, scarf up over his face too, Kemp at his heel. While the undead were quieter during the day, he still had his crossbow in his hand, ready should it be needed. "We need to either get further in, to one of the other quarters, or... Or we need to get out. They'll keep coming in here for food, so getting out might be a better bet."

Mari just shrugged.
''I think we should.. head further in'', Kara said, sounding hesitant. Her instinct was telling her to get out of the city, but she couldn't leave. Not yet. Not without what she came for.

''There might be... There might be people trapped in the city'', Kara said, her voice wavering, but slowly becoming more sure of herself, ''We can't just leave them to the ghouls.''

Questionable Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
"There is a barracks not all that much further in," Mari said. "We could make for there, if you wished to arm yourselves further, then make a more definite plan from there. It is more easily defensible than the pub too, and there may be other competent survivors there."

Wolfgang didn't look convinced, but he nodded slowly.
Kara nodded.
''Lead the way'', she said to Mari, before glancing at Wolfgang. She saw the look on his face and knew he had his doubts.

She turned away from him and shifted slightly awkwardly, before pulling her hood down futher over her eyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff