Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spicy Kisa's Wife

Dangerous Hunter

Georgie was right where Ike had left him. There was nowhere else that he wanted to be but with Ike. Until now, Georgie had only thought there were nightmares, but this felt like a dream come true. He hoped things would continue to go well for them.

"Y-You look great!" Georgie stammered upon seeing Ike again. He liked the black sweater a lot. It certainly made him think about what Ike might look like in make-up, but he didn't want to force the other boy into doing anything that he didn't want to do. Georgie liked Ike because he was himself. Ike didn't need to fit into some stereotypical gothic mold. While he adored Henrietta and Fray, Sid made him question everything. Sometimes, being goth didn't seem to really mean anything at all anymore. Georgie didn't like hiding his true self either, and he often felt like he couldn't speak whenever all four of them wasted time together.

"Uh, so, which place would you like to go to?" Georgie asked. He wanted Ike's preference. Honestly, he felt like he could be anywhere with Ike and actually be happy. It could have been a cornfield. The place was secondary. Ike came first.

H i K u's Partner

Tipsy Bibliophile

Ike flushed. He wasn't used to that kind of compliment, at least not when there wasn't any cheek pinching involved from the little old ladies giving it. He kicked at the carpet nervously and mumbled his thanks, going to get his shoes on. He pushed his feet in without unlacing the white sneakers, then grabbed his scarf and quickly put it on. This was where it got tricky. Ike didn't care where they went, but he kind of hoped to 'accidentally' see Fray. He took a long time to say something, both because he was feeling guilty about his intentions and because he didn't know how to put it.

"You know," He said finally, looking at Georgie, "I'm really not sure. I mean, I'm still...sad. I don't know how many people I want to be around, so maybe somewhere kinda quiet..." He tried. Maybe that would get him an invitation to the lair. If not, the park would be nice to visit.

Spicy Kisa's Wife

Dangerous Hunter

The silence from Ike made Georgie stand on pins and needles. He was so nervous because he had never done anything like this before, and he never knew what Ike was thinking. Even though he had some victories so far, rejection loomed in the back of his mind.

Georgie perked up when Ike finally answered. Even though Ike was sad, Georgie was glad that Ike still wanted to spend time with him. They could always be sad together. He thought carefully about what Ike said. Since it was earlier in the day, it was very likely Benny's or the Village Inn would be crowded for breakfast. That ruled both of those places out. The temperature, as always, was low, so prolonged exposure to the cold probably wasn't the best idea either. That made him think against spending time outside.

Finally, the idea of the library came to his mind. Ike seemed to like reading a lot, and the library always seemed virtually deserted from what Georgie could tell. Maybe they could snuggle up somewhere and read a book. It would keep his stupid stutter at bay if they were somewhere where they didn't have to talk. And if they were reading, their minds would be occupied, so the silence wouldn't make him nervous. It would likely feel comfortable.

"Ah, umm... Do you think the library would be o-okay?" Georgie asked, knowing he had to be overthinking all of this.

H i K u's Partner

Tipsy Bibliophile

Oh, s**t, the library. Ike forced a smile. Of course, the suggestion was perfect, even if it wasn't what he had been thinking of. "Okay, the library. Let's do that." The boy agreed, peeking at Georgie. Feeling shy, he headed outside, waiting for Georgie and locking the door behind them before they got going. Ike really did spend a lot of time at the library, and it was nice, and comfortable, and safe. Even though it would be hard to talk there, maybe that wasn't all bad either. It was easier not to have anything to say when talking was discouraged.

He thought about trying to hold Georgie's hand, but he was too shy and it felt like a lie, considering his current state. He pushed his hands deep into his pockets, heading down the driveway to the sidewalk, then toward the end of the block. "Do you go there much? The library, I mean." Ike wondered.

Spicy Kisa's Wife

Dangerous Hunter

Georgie felt a small amount of relief thinking of a suggestion that seemed to bode well with Ike. He hoped the time they would spend together would make them grow closer, though hoping was a rather hopeless thing to do. He followed Ike out the front door and down the block.

Georgie looked down while they walked. He had a habit of doing so due to his lack of confidence. His black boots crunched against the un-shoveled snow on the sidewalk. He only looked up when Ike addressed him. "Wh-What? Oh..." Ike's question registered with him then. "Uh, n-not as much as I should." The goth kids tended to waste time in cheap diners, the cemetery, and parking lots. "B-But I really do like all the Edgar Allen Poe books they got there. Wh-What do you like t-t-to read?"

H i K u's Partner

Tipsy Bibliophile

Ike walked alongside the other boy, hands pushed deep into his pockets. This was definitely awkward, but it was so awkward that it was providing a great distraction. He cast about for things to say, but couldn't think of much at first. After a delay, he glanced at Georgie. "Poe is alright. Really messed up, but I think that's the point of him. Did you ever read that story about the black cat?" He wondered. The town was so small that he could already see the library as they turned a corner. It was nice, in a way. He didn't want to over-do it on his ankle.

He kept walking along, glancing sidelong at Georgie now and then, but mostly looking at the icy sidewalk. Colorado was cold, and one wrong step on a crack or slick patch could mean falling. Some kids in town hated the cold, but Ike mostly loved it. Maybe it was his hardy Canadian blood, or something like that. He snuggled into his scarf as they continued to walk, and wondered if Fray ever went in to the library.

Spicy Kisa's Wife

Dangerous Hunter

The lulls in their conversation added to Georgie's nerves. He knew he would feel better once they both had books in their hands. Books gave them each an excuse to be quiet. Neither of them would have to force a conversation then. Ironically, Georgie wanted to get to know Ike, though, which meant talking and all the awkward silences that came with it. Maybe he was in over his head asking Ike out like this. But Ike had said he was cute. Even if he didn't return his feelings, the compliment had given Georgie a slight bit of confidence.

His ears instantly perked up at Ike's reply. "Y-Yeah." Georgie swallowed hard. "I agree w-with you," he stammered. It pleased Georgie that Ike knew of Edgar Allen Poe. Ike probably knew more about the poet than he did. "I never r-read that one. Only 'The Tell Tale Heart,' 'The Raven,' and 'The Masque of The Red Death,'" Georgie shared. "M-Maybe you could show me the cat one when w-we're there?"

The library was in their sights now. Georgie carefully walked the rest of the way there with Ike, being mindful not to go too fast on the slippery sidewalk. Once they arrived, Georgie held the door for Ike. It may have seemed like a conformist move, but he wanted to be chivalrous towards Ike. Ike made him almost want to believe in fairy tales.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff