Welcome to Gaia! ::

H i K u's Partner

Tipsy Bibliophile

Ike tapped the pen on the paper a few times to make sure it was working. He put one ankle up on his opposite knee to make a flatter surface to write on, and wrote "Kyle," at the top since he didn't know how else to address it. He wrote exactly what Stan requested, without explanation. 'I'm so sorry this happened. Don't blame yourself. This isn't your fault. I'm sure we both did things we regret.' He bit his lip now, and his hand trembled a bit. Ike had known this would be included, but it was hard to write. He took a deep breath and got it onto paper. 'I lovey ou.' He finished simply, and looked up at Stan.

"Is there anything else?" He asked, wanting to be thorough, not wanting to write another one of these. Maybe giving it to Kyle would give them both some peace. He kind of wished Stan would leave. He needed to be alone right now, but he was determined to finish the job. "Maybe you want to explain what you mean about loving him?" He suggested quietly, after a short pause. Love could be a lot of things. Ike was still very young, but he already knew this much.

Spicy Kisa's Wife

Dangerous Hunter

Stan watched in anticipation as Ike began to scrawl the words verbatim. Everything was as he wanted, but he still had no idea if anything would be able to come across to Kyle in the end. He hoped so more than anything. He wanted his friend to understand. It was his biggest regret in life. He believed it was the reason why he still lingered here. What else could be keeping him tethered to the shitty world that otherwise did nothing but depress him?

"Oh, right..." Stan knew Ike had a point. He had trouble verbalizing how he loved Kyle except when he was s**t-faced, which ironically was when nobody else took him seriously. He ran his fingers through his hair, which no longer had the same earthly weight to it. Stan cleared his throat. He stared at the sky now instead of at Ike. "I guess... Well, he was my super best friend. That always totally went beyond regular best friends. But..." He struggled with getting all of his feelings out at once even with being dead. "L-Like a gay thing and stuff," Stan muttered. "I had a gay thing for Kyle. So... So I loved him like that."

H i K u's Partner

Tipsy Bibliophile

Well, there it was. No surprise, really. It still made Ike uncomfortable to hear Stan explain how he felt about Kyle. He didn't feel like anyone would ever feel that way about him, whether it was a gay thing or not. He felt like he would be alone forever no matter what else happened in his life. He decided not to write anything else down. If Kyle asked, if Kyle even believed him about seeing Stan, he might try to explain it later.

Realizing he had been staring off into space for a while, Ike pulled his gaze back up to Stan's pale, translucent face. He blinked and realized he had tears in his eyes, one of which slipped down his face, leaving a cold track. "Alright. I'll... I'll put this under his door." He promised, putting both feet back on the porch and shivering a little, realizing how cold it was all over again. He stood up, tested his sore foot, and looked down at the folded sheet in his hands. He wished he could rip it up, but he knew better, knew he couldn't do that. He took a deep breath in, then sighed sharply. "Okay, well. I'm going to go back to bed now. Goodnight, Stan." Ike tried to sound casual about all of it, but he knew he couldn't hide everything. He had to count on Stan still being self-centered enough not to notice how he was bothered. It didn't matter either way, though. It was too late for so many things.

Without waiting to see if Stan was going to stick around or vanish, he turned and shuffled back inside, shivering again. He closed the door behind him, hesitated, and locked it. He headed upstairs and pushed the paper under the door of Kyle's room like he'd promised, then went back to his own room and laid down.

He was tired, really tired, but sleep didn't come for a long time.

Spicy Kisa's Wife

Dangerous Hunter

Since Stan had been looking away from Ike, he didn't realize that the boy hadn't written down the last of what he said. He finally returned his gaze to Ike when he started speaking again. "Oh, okay, dude. Thanks for helping me and hearing me out." He watched Ike disappear into the house. He knew he could have followed the boy inside, but he decided to give Ike his space. Stan didn't know how much longer he'd be able to stay. This could have been the last time he ever got to see Ike, but he decided against saying a sappy goodbye.

"See ya. Night," Stan said right before Ike shut the door. Then he floated off in the night towards his house, not knowing what else to do. Maybe he would just fade away.

[x][x][x]

The next morning Georgie actually tried going to school with the dull hope of seeing Ike. When he realized Ike wasn't in their shared homeroom, he made an excuse to go to the bathroom and never came back. He doubted the teacher would come after him since she never remembered his name. Even if she did, his parents wouldn't likely notice. They were always too preoccupied with the success of his older siblings and their own careers to pay Georgie much mind. The most he would get was a slap on the wrist.

As he approached the Broflovski household, his heartbeat started to pick up. Georgie decided to use the front door since he wasn't sure what room was Ike's. He hesitated a few moments before extending a shaky hand and ringing the doorbell. He desperately wanted Ike to be the one to answer the door. He didn't want to explain himself to Ike's big brother or Ike's mother.

H i K u's Partner

Tipsy Bibliophile

Ike hadn't slept well at all for the rest of the night. He felt hurt and alone, and had a nagging sense of foreboding about what the next few days might hold. In the morning, Kyle reacted to the love letter Ike had given him in a fairly predictable way--he had called Ike a creep, refused to believe it, and stalked off to find Kenny, probably to complain about what a freak his little brother was being. After some whining and a few frustrated tears, Sheila had left Ike to his own devices while she went out to try to get the ball rolling on a nationwide campaign against teenage drinking and drug use. The boy was sitting on the couch watching Netflix in his pajama pants and a t-shirt, hair mussed and ankle bruised but okay, when the doorbell rang. He sat up quickly, looking toward the door. Was it Fray? Maybe the other was bringing the promised notebook. Maybe he really had made a friend. The thought was enough to cheer him up a bit.

When he opened the door, there was no hiding the disappointed expression on his face. He forced a smile, but not quickly enough. He didn't know what this kid wanted, but he assumed he would find out soon enough. He eyed Georgie's dyed black hair, eyeliner, funny clothes and boots. Another goth kid. Maybe Fray had sent him or something. Wasn't this kid in some of his classes, too? But a weird kid like this one wouldn't be the type to bring over homework, and besides, it was ten thirty in the morning still. Class would be in full swing. Realizing he had to say something, he cleared his throat. "Hi... are you a friend of Fray's?" He asked, a little embarrassed that he couldn't be bothered with feigning pretense.

Spicy Kisa's Wife

Dangerous Hunter

The person he had been hoping for answered the door, but the situation was far from easy. Georgie picked up on the fact that Ike was not happy to see him right away. He knew Ike didn't know who he was. He felt awkward feeling like he knew Ike somehow from just watching him so much. He swallowed thickly, having a hard time finding his words.

"Uh... Uh..." Georgie stuttered before clearing his throat. "Y-Yeah." How did Ike know Fray? Now he was going to worry about that. He didn't have the courage to ask such a question out loud right now, though. It was too hard to keep looking Ike in the eye, so he looked down at his boots. "I'm G-Georgie!" he introduced in one quick breath, awkwardly extending his hand to sweaty shake. It seemed like a conformist thing to do in hindsight, but he had already done it.

H i K u's Partner

Tipsy Bibliophile

The little Canadian just stared at the other boy for a while, like Georgie had two heads, or maybe just a giant boil between his eyes. What the hell was he doing here? The name sounded right, though. When Georgie offered his hand, Ike stared at that for a bit too. Realizing he ought to take it, he did so, but not until after an awkward pause. He shook the other boy's hand twice, then dropped it, still just as confused as before. He knew who this kid was, more or less, but not why he was on the front porch.

"Yeah... I'm Ike. Can I help you or something?" Was this kid here to see him, or his brother, or his mom? Surely there weren't two people in town who wanted to hang out with Ike on purpose. One seemed like enough of a stretch already.

Spicy Kisa's Wife

Dangerous Hunter

The wide eyes and the hesitation practically killed Georgie. He felt so much more comfortable blending into the background with the other goth kids. Making an effort at starting a conversation was way outside of his comfort zone. However, Ike seemed like he was worth those kinds of risks and efforts. Wishing Ike would notice him would never make it a reality. If he wanted a chance at even being friends with him, Georgie knew he'd have to start a conversation with Ike himself.

"I-I know," Georgie answered, wishing he could stop his stutter. "We're in some classes together," he reminded. "I-I know I don't go a lot, though." He shifted awkwardly, looking up at Ike. "Um, I just... I wanted to know how you were doing."

H i K u's Partner

Tipsy Bibliophile

Ike blinked at him for a while. Was he supposed to invite him in? Did Fray send him to hang out? Maybe. That made him smile faintly. He stepped back and held the door open wide for Georgie, gesturing for him to come on in even though he was still wearing his steam engine pajamas. "Uh, cool. I know, you're in my English class." He agreed, ushering Georgie to come in and pointing out the couch.

Something was bothering him though. He didn't know why Georgie would think of him at a time like this, because of what happened to Stan. People knew he hung around Stan, but it wasn't that obvious. And he was pretty sure that Georgie's goth sister lady had spent even more time with Stan than he had. He took a seat on the couch himself, still confused. "Uh, so... why me?" He finally wondered aloud.

Spicy Kisa's Wife

Dangerous Hunter

The fact that Ike remembered Georgie from English class proved encouraging. A weak smile creeped onto his lips, and his heart soared at the invitation of coming inside. Maybe this meeting would go better than expected. He went inside and sat on the couch Ike directed him towards.

Still, Georgie couldn't get rid of his nerves. His heart continued to thump away in his chest. He folded his hands in his lap since he wasn't sure what to do with them, and his posture was a bit stiff. "Well, I... Um..." The thought of confessing his feelings terrified him, but Georgie certainly didn't want to end up like Stan. He looked at the TV rather than directly at Ike. "I-I always thought you seemed pretty cool, y-you know? Uh, v-very nonconformist. But I just... I-I never got to tell you until now," he stammered, only glancing at Ike from his peripheral vision.

H i K u's Partner

Tipsy Bibliophile

For the most part, Ike had no idea what the ******** Georgie was talking about. He didn't care about conforming or not conforming. He was alone because no one liked him and no one wanted to be around him. Apparently this kid was an exception. He looked away, embarrassed. He didn't want to dress like the goth kids. He still owned like four pairs of footie pajamas and about 0% black clothes, except maybe one jacket. He thought eyeliner and all that looked kind of hot on other people, but he knew he wouldn't want to bother wearing anything like that himself. What if this kid was only around to try to get him to join his ironic clique? He frowned and played with the material of his flannel pajama bottoms near the knee, picking at some spots where the fabric had pilled up the last time through the wash. He screwed up his courage and looked at Georgie directly to address him, not used to the interaction but willing to give it a try. Georgie was a little older than him, but still really small and unimposing. He could do this. "Thanks. I mean... I don't care about conforming or not conforming. I probably could never be in your clique or anything, if that's what you want."

Georgie looked nervous. Was he even here of his own free will? Fray wouldn't have sent him, would he? Why not come himself? Was this kid supposed to be some kind of goth ambassador? But he hadn't talked about anyone else. Just said Ike seemed cool. Cool... he smiled faintly, disagreeing but flattered. If Georgie really thought that, he was flattered. Maybe he was still flattered if it was a lie. He was over thinking this. "But if not, I mean... maybe we could hang out or something?" He offered, concluding he wasn't in any position to turn his nose up at another potential friend. Besides, maybe he could see Fray again this way.

Spicy Kisa's Wife

Dangerous Hunter

It felt like a long wait to Georgie as he anticipated Ike's response. He fidgeted some on the couch, his palms reaching an all-time new level of sweatiness. He had no idea what Ike was thinking. It probably didn't help that he wasn't looking at the other boy. His mind and heart were both racing. He couldn't believe he had managed to say this much to Ike. If the confession went well, maybe he would learn how to talk more openly, or at least he possibly could with Ike. While the goth kids always seemed to preach the idea of the world being a hopeless place, Georgie was being very hopeful now. Honestly, there were moments where he wished he could have the kind of love in the Disney fairy tales.

When Georgie saw Ike look at him from the corner of his eye, he finally turned to face him. The fact that Ike had no regard to conforming or not conforming was very empowering to Georgie. Ultimately, that made him hold Ike in even higher regard.

"Oh, n-no!" Georgie shook his head. "You don't have to do anything you don't wanna!" he assured quickly, a nervous smile actually forming on his lips without his realizing. "I really would like hanging out with you, too. Th-That's what I want most." The last sentence caused color to raise to his cheeks, but the make-up he wore on his face concealed it.

He guessed Ike probably didn't understand his motives or feelings. After all, they had never talked until now. Maybe being brave would continue to serve him well. He didn't want his heart broken, but he wanted to be honest. Poor dead Raven motivated him to be brave. He didn't want to end up as a dead bird with clipped wings. "Um, wh-what I mean to say is... I, uh, well..." Georgie swallowed hard, forcing himself to keep Ike's gaze. "I-I-I really l-l-like you, Ike."

H i K u's Partner

Tipsy Bibliophile

Ike listened curiously. It was strange to hear the other boy talk so much at once with how shy he usually was. His voice was sort of cute, actually... he took a minute to really process what Georgie was actually saying. When he did, he flushed deeply. Liked him? He liked him? It hardly made any sense. No one liked Ike. Especially not like-liked. He'd been alone a long time, ever since his kindergarten teacher had killed herself. He took a deep breath as he tried to decide how he felt about this. He wanted to say he liked Fray, but it felt like a secret. He wasn't ready to share.

Finally, after a pause that was probably pretty uncomfortable for Georgie, he spoke. "That's really nice of you. Really flattering. I... I think you're cute." He blushed darker. Who said s**t like this? Apparently he did. "But.. but I don't know you, you know? So um... so let's change that. Do you wanna go somewhere or something?" He asked, really embarrassed now.

Spicy Kisa's Wife

Dangerous Hunter

Georgie's heart continued to beat so fast that it felt like it was going to burst out of his chest. He never remembered a moment where he felt so alive and scared. He still couldn't believe that he went through with telling Ike his feelings. Georgie had been watching Ike for years. He never thought he would muster up the courage to go through with talking to Ike, much less making a love confession. It was a big step for him.

The silence definitely unsettled Georgie, but he stayed put. There was the temptation to run away since he was afraid of rejection, but there was no going back now. He jumped when Ike started speaking, his eyes glued on the other boy with utmost interest. At first, he thought Ike was going to reject him. His eyes lit up when Ike actually complimented him. When Ike went on, his heart nearly stopped. Georgie thought the compliment was meant to soften the blow that would surely follow. But the blow did not strike him. In fact, no blow came. Ike was willing to open a door. He may have not returned his feelings, but he was willing to give them a shot.

Finally, Georgie had a chance at happiness. His smile blossomed into a full one. "Y-Yeah! What kinda places do you like? The only places I go are Benny's or the Village Inn to drink coffee. But sometimes Fray orders desserts there and they're pretty good."

H i K u's Partner

Tipsy Bibliophile

He hadn't actually thought this out in advance. Were they going on a proper date? He rubbed the back of his neck for a moment. "Well, um, I like lots of places. I hang out in the library and park and comic book shop sometimes, but we don't have to go anywhere specific. Look, um, I'm gonna... go put on real clothes. Wait here, alright?" He asked Georgie. Then he turned tail and practically ran up the stairs.

His mind was still spinning. What was this boy's angle? Did it really have nothing to do with Fray? Maybe he could come up with an excuse to visit the other goth kids to see the older boy again. He had the sneaking suspicion that Fray didn't want to see him again and was sending a replacement or something. The idea that someone could really like him was preposterous. No one had before, so why now?

Trying to figure it out, he went into his room and opened up his dresser drawers. He picked out some clean clothes, hesitating between sweater choices. Would Georgie think he was trying to conform is he wore his soft black one? He fingered the stitching, then decided to go for it anyhow. After he got dressed, he paused to brush his hair and check his teeth. Not wanting to take chances, he popped in a piece of sour apple gum and shuffled back down, hoping Georgie was still there. "Okay, I'm ready to go..."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff