Chibi-Pix's Significant Otter

Shady Misfit

23,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
User Image

"Usually I like the new guy. Not this time."~Adrian

<<-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------&>

"Cheater." Al1c3 giggled as she playfully stuck her tongue out. "But, yeah, Em is teaching me lots of stuff!" She cheered in excitement, before allowing her eyes to wander. " I get to see this place a lot?"

<<-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------&>

"I'm wondering who else might be in your reality that lives here." Zeke questioned, sincerely quite curious.

"...those in the house." Ozias answered. "But, take your best friends, then you can go nighty-night." He stated as he poured out the needed pills into his hand. "Comin' back." Ozias quickly took off, remembering that he hadn't gotten any sort of beverage for Xavier, and soon returned with a large glass of water, which he handed to the other man along with the pills.

ZippedBanette's Significant Otter

Cursed Shapeshifter

26,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
User Image

"Things are way too confusing for me..."~ AU!Alg3r

----------------------------------
"Well, it'd be a good idea to be here a lot if I'll be teaching you." Emily said. "It's good to know the shop... at least a little bit."

Dani nodded in agreement. "Though you need to be careful; the doors often keep changing and it can be a bit hectic. Plus some of the items in the shop... if it looks dangerous or has a talisman with a seal on it, you don't touch it. Those are the best bits of advice I can give."

Emily chuckled a bit. "Hm... I think I should teach you how to work with certain seals at some time in the near. They're useful to protect others and yourself from potentially dangerous items." She mused over the idea a bit. "It's great to use on spiritual and magical items alike."

"Well, there's plenty of people, so..." Alg3r shrugged.

"Zeke, wouldn't it be easier to get a photo album from Reid or something so you can show different people to Alg3r and he can explain each person if they show up in his world?" Marley suggested.
------------------------------------------------
Xavier wasted no time in taking the pills before making himself as comfortable as possible. He reached out carefully and took hold of the bottom hem of Ozias' shirt. "You'll stay, right?" he asked softly. Before he could even get an answer, he was out cold and sleeping away.
--------------------TRANSLATIONS---------------

Alg3r:

(())

Shady Misfit

23,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

Al1c3 had to admit, she was curious about the doors and seals, but made sure to keep in place, knowing that things possibly could go seriously wrong, and reigned in her curiosity. She was, however, quite interested in learning about seals. "That'll be so fun! I wanna learn stuff like that!"

"I was meaning if he comes across anyone while he's here, but that would work too.' Zeke admitted. "Be back in a bit." He said, before disappearing for the house. He arrived just outside of Reid and Mykael's room, strictly to make sure he didn't... walk in on anything. "Hey Reid? Mind if I borrow a photo album or two?"

Ozias let out a content sigh as he sat down next to the bed, trying not to detach Xavier's hand from his shirt. "I'll be right here."

Cursed Shapeshifter

26,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image

"Allow me to get some supplies. While they won't work at first until you learn to do so better, it's actually sometimes easier doing seals than flying. And for a natural like you..." She smiled and walked off.

"She called you a natural?" Dani asked. "My, you must really have a lot of talent." He smiled. "So, what all are you wanting to learn? Anything in general that the Madame can teach you or anything specific?"

Reid was in his own personal bathroom, getting ready to start his day... or evening, or whatever, but hearing Zeke, he put the razor and shaving cream down. He went over, not even caring he was just a pair of Capri-shorts (at least he had on shorts and wasn't going around in just his underwear; he is known to do that), and opened the door. "Wanting an album? That's new." he said and stepped back into his room and motioned to the shelf. "Over there. So, what's the occasion?"

Alg3r:

(())

Shady Misfit

23,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

Al1c3 couldn't help but beam, feeling quite proud with herself at Emily's words. "I wanna learn everything she'll teach me." She responded to Dani's question. "Flying, spells, potions, all sorts of stuff!"

Zeke made his way to the shelf, speaking as he walked. "Somehow our Alg3r switched places with a different Alg3r. It sounds like he's from a universe where he has a high school life." He replied. Once he arrived at the shelf, he looked at the different albums, searching for one that would be good to bring back. "He's also dating Luka, apparently. So ours is uncomfortable, to say the least."

/color]

Cursed Shapeshifter

26,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image

"So pretty much you're going to be a mini Em with hopefully better habits, huh?" Dani inquired. He chuckled a bit.

"Nothing wrong with that, honey." Emily said, walking back into the room with a stack of papers, a black marker, and a small book. "Well, I'm willing to teach you as much as you're willing to learn." She looked over when she heard a broom fall and smiled. "Company will be coming shortly." she declared. "Dani, will you go prepare some coffee for our guest?"

"Sure." Dani said as he walked off and to the kitchen, not even questioning this one.

"It's not always, but sometimes when a broom falls on its own, it means company is coming." Emily informed Al1c3. "Good or bad... in our case this time, it means good. So, when you're in your room, leave your broom propped near the door; it may let you know before you even hear a knock on the door." She went over and put the broom back in it's place, set so in most cases, it wouldn't fall; that definitely added to the magic of things. "Now all we have to do at this moment is wait for our guest and go over sealing spells." She returned to Al1c3 and sat on one of the couches and put the book down. "This has different symbols from various cultures and such for sealing." she explained. "Drawing a set of symbols and applying magic to it can help seal items."

"Oh, that sounds rather interesting." Reid said, smirking a bit. "I'd like to meet the kid sometime. Not now, though... I've got work to do today." He walked over to the shelf. "So, anything specific you're looking for in photos or what?"

Alg3r:

(())

Shady Misfit

23,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

Al1c3 looked between Emily and the broom, quite curious, and fascinated, about the whole idea. "That's so fun! I'll do it!" She cheered, speaking of setting a broom in such a manner. She quickly followed after Emily, and took a seat right next to her, listening and nodding at Emily's words.

"Just something that shows a large majority of us." Zeke replied as he picked an album and began to rifle through it. "I want to see how many of us exist in his world."

/color]

Cursed Shapeshifter

26,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image

Emily chuckled at Al1c3's enthusiasm about the broom. "It's a witch trick some of us use. It's also good having a cinnamon broom to help scent the house." She smiled and pulled out one of the papers and a marker. "I think it's best to practice and memorize a few different sealing symbols to work on sealing. After that, I can set up a small time item for you to practice sealing. Now, keep in mind, paper seals like this only really last until they're destroyed or removed, and unless what you're sealing is far more powerful, the item can't do it itself."

"Don't forget about checking some at times if it'll be a long-term seal." a man said as he walked in. He was clearly taller than Emily, probably an inch or two over six feet tall, wore flamboyant glasses, and had long, light purple hair that showed he had some bed-head going on. As odd as that part of his appearance was, what normally caught people's attention was the fact that he was wearing pink bunny slippers. "It's a useful thing to remember at times no matter what you're studying, whether it's witchcraft, spiritualism stuff, being some onmyouji from Japan, whatever it is you're doing." The man grinned.

"Hello, Ezra." Emily greeted the male. "Al1c3, this is Ezra. At times, he and I find ourselves working together. Ezra, this is Al1c3, my latest student and hopefully one who would be sticking around longer."

"Yo." Ezra greeted and went over and sat on one of the couches. "And don't worry about her students not lasting long. They just tend to find her lessons pretty hard to learn and it turns out their magic aptitude isn't as great as they wanted, so they tend to just drop out."
"Ouch... I... gotta get used to that poofing thing." Usagi mumbled as he fell back onto A's couch. He had been home earlier but didn't sense or find Luka and Dimitri, so he thought traveling about would help; he was still trying to get the hang of it. He looked, realizing where he was. "Oh... I hope he doesn't get mad this time..."

"Oh, I see." Reid said. "Hm... well then... I'll tell you what..." He pulled off a small album that was empty and tossed it to the bed. He then grabbed a box and brought it over. "How about we just fill one up with photos fully showing some people and amazing memories I think he may like, hm?" he suggested, starting with pulling up a photo he had several copies of; it was of their Alg3r when he was much younger and got his first camera. "Let's hope I don't get distracted too much. Some things I adore, like how that duckling loved cameras. I wonder if this one does, too."

Alg3r:

(())

Shady Misfit

23,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

Al1c3 waved at Ezra. "It's nice to meet you, mister Ezra." She said, before grinning at his words. "I'll do my bestest to learn! And Em says I'm a natural too!"

Zeke hummed, curious as well. "Well, we'll see soon enough." He looked to the box, then to Reid. "You have a lot of photos in here; I'll be surprised if you don't get distracted."

"Get your butt off my couch and you'll make me feel better." A said, stealthily having been already sitting on the couch. "I'd push you off, but Reid taught me to be nice to children." He sent Usagi a friendly smirk. "You're about the same level Alg3r can be

Cursed Shapeshifter

26,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image

"Really? I hope Em's not just saying that." Ezra said as he looked to the senior witch.

"Nope. Not just saying it." Emily said. "She did well with using a broom her first time. And she didn't smack into the ceiling, either." She chuckled at that. "I ended up accidentally using too much energy for it and ran right into the ceiling... my head was fine, but the ceiling... we had it replaced..."

Ezra laughed at that little story. He didn't know if it was true or not, he could never tell with the witch, but he still loved the tales she told. "Well, at least you have a gifted student. I'm glad I came by today; who knows when the next time is I would."

Emily shrugged. "I'm sure at least forty percent of the time I'm here, I'd have her here, too.' she said. "She does need to learn."
"Whoa crap baskets!" Usagi yelped, trying to leap off the couch, but landed on the ground face first. "Crap.... baskets..." he grumbled.

"Can't blame me, though. I've been around a long time and have a lot of memories... despite my memory issues. I think that's why I loved photos so much." Reid admitted. "Hm..." He picked up a photo and grinned. "Luka successfully getting Dimitri out of his room. Now that was amusing. I think somehow Alg3r took this one... hm..." He looked to the back to see it was written on. "Yup, Alg3r somehow got this photo taken." He then picked up a photo of Drexl drawing all over the floor when he was first made; he was definitely into art even then. "And this photo is by..." He looked to the back. "Alg3r again." He smirked. "People always lived with Alg3r being the one to do science and medicine, but it's nice he was into photos, too."

Alg3r:

(())

Shady Misfit

23,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

"And I wanna learn!" Al1c3 cheered. "Mama's gonna be working here too! So we can all learn together!"

Zeke couldn't help but nod, understanding Reid's point on memory issues. "Alg3r really did like photography. I never really knew about that side of him, not much, anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if this Alg3r is in some kind of photography class, or club... or whatever someone would have in high school." He picked out a photo of A, Nardo, and Day all huddled up on A's couch, one of the few moments where the three of them actually looked carefree altogether. "Never thought I'd see something like this with those three."

A quirked an eyebrow, smiling at Usagi's reaction. "Random choice of words right there.' He pointed out. "It... works though, I have to admit. So, what brings you here?"

Cursed Shapeshifter

26,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image

"At least she's enthusiastic about learning." Dani said as he returned to the room and put a tray down and served Ezra some coffee.

"Mmm! Coffee! Just what I need to wake up more." Ezra said as he leaned back in the couch and casually put his bunny slipper-clad feet up on the coffee table. He soon yelped when he felt a smack from nowhere and saw Emily glare. "Okay, okay. Feet are off." he said, moving his feet off. "Jeez, you're picky."

"Drinks and snacks are served on this table... not feet." Emily growled. She flicked her wrist and a footrest came sliding over. "There."

"This'll do." Ezra put his feet up on the footrest and smiled. He grinned at Al1c3. "The witch may seem pretty casual and lax, but she has her moments where she gets pretty testy about how things should be. It's rather funny at times, too."

"Ezra... you should know by now that some things do require order." Dani said, setting up a cup of cocoa for Al1c3 and putting a bowl of marshmallows by it. "Even Taylor gets mad at you when you don't follow certain things... it's no doubt Madame would get after you, too."
"I like it. Crazy lady called Sam introduced it to me as long as this odd show about a dragon's balls. Or at least a parody of it." Usagi shrugged. "Anyway, I'm working on trying to get used to this whole poofing thing. I kinda accidentally ended up in a wall earlier and flipped out like a ninja." He let out an exaggerated sigh. "It looks easy and all, but it sure isn't..."

"Shots like that aren't always easy to get, you know." Reid chuckled a bit. "I'm sure you'll find other photos like that, too. People who normally didn't get along being able to hang out and do something together." He thought a bit when looking at the photo. "Maybe it was movie night for them... or the heating was out then... I don't remember." He shrugged his shoulders. "Oh well." He then pulled out a photo and grinned from ear to ear. "Now I think this is Alg3r's handiwork here." He showed a photo of Zeke with Dimitri, snuggled up behind A's couch, as usual, and fast asleep. "I wouldn't put it past him to be the one to take that photo since I sure as hell didn't... at least I don't think I did."

Alg3r:

(())

Shady Misfit

23,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

"Thank you, Dani!" Al1c3 cheered as she added a few marshmallows to her hot chocolate. Al1c3 poked Ezra on the knee, giving him a small pout. "You should know better, you're an adult."

Upon seeing the picture, Zeke couldn't help but wear an expression of both nostalgia as well as disbelief. "You or Alg3r, how was that pulled off without waking at least me up?... Let's put it in the book."

"Oh, you mean dragon balls, right?" A questioned. "Seven small balls, or big ones, depends on which planet you go to, that will summon a giant, magic dragon, who will then grant you one wish. Or three. Again, depends on the planet. Day and I went looking for them once... it wasn't easy..." He hummed, before laughing at Usagi's escapades. "No, it's not easy. I can't tell you how long I was flailing around until I fully figured things out."

Cursed Shapeshifter

26,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image

"Al1c3 is right." Dani said. "And as an adult, you should act like one and be a good example to the impressionable minds of children. Even Madame knows how to act decent... at least with her manners."

"Goodness, chastised by an androgynous attendant and a kid? It's like being back at my office." Ezra started laughing at that.

Dani sighed before looking to Al1c3. "Like how I'm Madame's attendant and have no known gender, Ezra has an attendant, too. He doesn't show his gender, so we just call him by any pronoun at the time. Taylor's pretty good at his job, too... and safer since he works at the detective agency rather than a dangerous magic shop."

"It's not that bad, Dani. There are perks to being here." Emily said. "Anyway, Ezra, you have a case that's a big harder to deal with and you've come for magical assistance, correct?"

"Jeez, nothing gets past you." Ezra stated, looking to Emily. "Yeah... I'm trying to find this missing dragon egg, but there's a serious problem... it hatches on the full moon which is in a couple of days..."

"My, that is a bit of a dilemma." Emily said, not sounding phased.
"Yeah, those things. I bet the witch training Al1c3 can find them; Miles says she's capable of almost anything and everything." Usagi said with a nod. He then sighed. "Great... which means I may be screwing up for forever.... Balls..." He looked a bit downcast before he shot up and was on his feet. "I can't let that discourage me, though!" He really knew how to bounce back.

"He can be quiet, you know, and usually has devices that hides his sense." Reid said. He then pulled up a photo he didn't know he even had and smiled. In it, Alg3r was younger, but not yet isolated from everyone else. He seemed pretty bruised up and had a broken arm, but despite that, he was still writing notes and in a container in front of him was the frog he still has. "He went through a lot of crap whether from Kry0s being a d**k or me just losing my mind again." he said. He took note that despite the painful things about Alg3r, he still held a sincere looking smile. "Work had a way of making him happy, you know."

Alg3r:

(())

Shady Misfit

23,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

Al1c3 frowned at Ezra's current problem, seeming to be just as displeased. "Can... can I help?" She asked as she raised her hand, wanting to do something about it.

"Too bad s**t went down and he's not much like that anymore." Zeke sighed. "I would have loved to have been around when he was, what, almost always a decent guy?"

A's excitement seemed to skyrocket when Usagi mentioned Al1c3, and he immediately jumped in front of Usagi, hands on his shoulders. "A, I know you can do it, it just takes time, but, more attention on earlier, did you say Al1c3? As in A-L-1-C-3, my Al1c3? It has to be! She's hardly been gone, and already at this level! This! This I was needing to hear, and I didn't even know it!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff