Total Votes:[ 65 ]

Chibi-Pix's Significant Otter

Shady Misfit

23,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
User Image

"I'm not really seeing the point in this. There's a point? Apparently not. You sure there's not? Just shut up."~Clause

<<-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------&>

<<-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------&>
"Oh it's on." Sam scoffed, feeling like a bit of a child as she took off after her friend. "Huh, for once we're doing this kinda thing, and we're actually working together. Usually it's the opposite in these situations." She mused.

"So, you remember those shadow things, right? If I remember correctly, a couple of them showed up here? Well, things are starting to get pretty serious." He spoke in hushed tones. "We've already had a couple attacks on the castle, and we figured that everyone should know about what's going on. Solan's filling in those at Hollow Bastion, but we have a room set up at the castle for a whole presentation things back at our castle. I came by here to let everyone know that they needed to go there, to find out, and learn about, just what we're dealing with."

((Translation: ))

ZippedBanette's Significant Otter

Cursed Shapeshifter

26,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
User Image

"Crossing the dimensions, okay. Crossing the universes? Well, I suppose weirder things have happened."~ Alg3r

------------------------------------------------
"A change of pace and a challenge." Emily said. "I wanna see how well we do working together."
----------------------------------

Reid was silent for a moment. He glanced over to Koy and then thought about the others. "It's not easy getting others gathered into one spot...and with the kids...some may not fully understand the presentation and Koy would still be skittish..." he mused. "I can get Mykael, Dem, and some of the others to defend this place while I go, get informed, and then come back to share the information." He held up his hand. "Wait here a moment." He walked off to find Demyan since he was, next to Reid, one of the most responsible (given that Reid doesn't have a psycho moment or memory issue and Demyan doesn't go all evil-nutso). When he found him, he informed him what was going on and to get some of the others to help, then joined back up with A. Before going to him, he went to Koy and gently woke him up.

"Reid? What? I'm sleepy..." Koy mumbled.

"I know, kiddo." Reid said. "But I wanted to let you know that I have to go out for a bit. I won't be gone long." he said. "If the others wonder, just let them know. And if anything happens, follow Dem's orders, okay?"

Koy nodded before drifting back to sleep.

Reid chuckled and went back to A. "Okay, let's go so I can get back sooner."

--------------------TRANSLATIONS---------------

Alg3r:
(())

Shady Misfit

23,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

"I'm not really seeing the point in this. There's a point? Apparently not. You sure there's not? Just shut up."~Clause

"Same here." Sam said, as they continued amongst the rooftops. "Think we'll run into "Mr. I'll Shoot an Arrow in You."?" She questioned aloud to her friend. "I've heard he's a bit of a maniac..."

"Yeah, I have to admit, there are a lot of people living here... how, I really don't know, but it would be crowded up there if we mushed everyone together. I need to grab up Athen and Eskel, and see if Dani's there with them as well, before we head back to the castle."

Cursed Shapeshifter

26,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image

"Crossing the dimensions, okay. Crossing the universes? Well, I suppose weirder things have happened."~ Alg3r

"Knowing our odd luck, quite possibly." Emily said. "I just hope he doesn't end up trying to shoot us. I'm not too keen on the idea of having an arrow impale me."

"Well, I'll go with you." Reid said. "I hope Dani's with them. Sometimes I can't keep track of that kid and almost never know where he hides..." He shrugged. "Well, let's go check." Without warning, Reid took himself and A to Athen and Eskel's place.

Alg3r:
(())

Shady Misfit

23,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

"At least you'd survive it." Sam stated matter-of-factly. "Me though... not so much. So I should be the one hoping not to get skewered."

A quickly trotted up to the door, knocked, then let himself in. "Hey, Athen? Eskel? Something big's going on around here, and we wanted to grab you guys to learn about what it is."

"When isn't 'something big' happening?" Athen asked as he stepped out into the open. "Hey Reid, A. So... what's this whole thing that's happening?"

Cursed Shapeshifter

26,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image

"Well, if and possibly when you get shot, I will kick Ra's out of my bloody way and use his Lazarus pit on you so no worries there." Emily said. "And if that fails, I will use magic that I've actually stayed away from and bring you back myself...even if you do come back as something dark and unnatural." That was one of the joys of Emily. Even if she didn't seem so confident about Sam avoiding being shot (Seriously Em? Do you really think Sam will get shot? Jeez!), at least she had plans for after to make things better. If that isn't a true friend, we don't know what is... okay, maybe we do and we hope they're better than the crazy witch.

"Trouble...no surprise, really." Reid said. "Apparently there's a debriefing or something at the castle." He glanced around. "No Dani?" He noticed Eskel shake his head in response.

Alg3r:
(())

Shady Misfit

23,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

"I am both pleased that you would so such things for me. I'm also somewhat worried that you've taken all of this to mind."

"Well, we were coming to grab you two anyway." A said. "Seeing of Dani was here was just a secondary kind of thing."

"Well, haven't seen him." Athen said. "So, to the castle, then? I'm curious as to what you two are talking about. Sounds interesting. But, serious, from what I'm getting from you two."

Cursed Shapeshifter

26,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image

Emily grinned brightly. "Gotta love me for that." she said. She then slowed to a stop when they got to a different part of town. "Okay, now to figure out where to go...what to do...and try not to get shot."

Reid nodded. "A, you know where we're going exactly, so if you don't mind, please do the honors?" Reid asked.

Alg3r:
(())

Shady Misfit

23,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

"Don't piss off the guy with the bow and arrow too much, and you should be good." Sam took a moment to think on her words and frowned. "That... is much easier said than done, for your case."

A nodded, allowing the three of them to disappear from the simple home. When things cleared, they found themselves on the top floor of the castle where the presentation had been set up. "Things will become a lot more clear... hopefully."

Cursed Shapeshifter

26,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image

"Pretty much." Emily said. "But like we said, I'd probably survive...depending on where I get shot." Despite those words, Emily was still grinning. The joy of her, right?

Once at the castle. Reid noticed that not only by sense but also sight that most of those who still lived there were already gathered. He then looked up to the "front" of the room to see most of those from the other universe. Tristian stood in the middle and on either side of him were Shadow and Reno. By Shadow were Seth and Hugo and by Reno were Andre and Kyle. Looking at how they stood there, all serious and prepared, no one would exactly guess that for the most part, they were misfit teenagers that loved video games and tend to try to have fun. "They almost look different seeing them now compared to earlier." he pointed out.

Tristian was trying to gain his composure while still looking serious. "I don't know if I can do this." he mumbled.

"Think of it like Freshmen year when we had to do speeches explaining how to do certain things." Seth said. "Remember?"

"I don't think many of us can forget that." Kyle said. "You totally snapped at everyone for not paying attention and started handing out detention slips yourself. The teacher gave you extra credit for that one."

"Yeah, well, this isn't school...it's real life..." Tristian said.

"For us...for others out there, it's like a video game...so pretend it's like that." Seth.

"Pretend it's Sims 2 and control things." Kyle said.

"Bad idea." Andre said. "He killed everyone on purpose in Sims 2 to make a bigger graveyard than Auntie Em made."

"Do I want to ask what type of life you guys led before meeting me?" Hugo asked.

"Probably not." Seth, Kyle, Andre, and Tristian said in unison. Seth then shook his head. "Thanks, guys." he said. "I hope that's enough to cool my mind and help me explain this."

Seth broke formation for a moment and pulled Tristian into a hug. "You'll be fine." he assured. "You'll explain what needs to be explained and it'll help save lives." Tristian smiled and returned the hug.

"You mind not hugging my boyfriend so much?" Reno muttered darkly.

"I still refuse to see you two as such." Seth said. "And we had a bromance long before you had a romance." He chuckled and went back to his spot. "Almost time, I think."

Alg3r:

(())

Shady Misfit

23,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Micro_Chibi_Riku
User Image

"With your past of near-death experiences, I'm 99.9% sure that you would survive, no matter where you got shot." Sam stated. She neared the edge of the rooftop before she jumped down, using the fire fire escape to slow her descent. "Let's go find ourselves some trouble."

A looked around, curious to see who all had shown up. It was either a good thing, and have more people learn, thus more people to take out what was needed; or a bad thing, depending on just who was there and who said what. "So... I know a bit about these, but I'm definitely curious to find out more."

Cursed Shapeshifter

26,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image

"I'd survive and cause suspicions." Emily joked as she followed her friend. "You know, I'm so tempted to make a series reference to that "trouble" comment."

Nina ran over to A and grabbed her arm and smiled. "Alg3r said that almost everyone in the castle is here." she said. "He said he had Orion stay in the kitchen to make snacks for the kids and chibis, though, and keep him from the others due to the fact that he picks fights with a lot of people."

"And that is probably a smart idea." Reid said.

"You have no idea." Jude said. "Of course, we'll need to relay the basics to him...given that he doesn't get pissed."

Tristian cleared his throat. "Um... excuse me... if I can have everyone's attention...we...uh...um..." Tristian tried to get up his courage. Reno put a hand on his shoulder and nodded. The older male nodded. "We have a dangerous enemy that is similar to something you all probably know of, but is still somewhat different and extremely dangerous." Tristian waited to make sure everyone was settled and paying attention. "If we can hold all questions and comments until the end, that would be much appreciated." He paused a short moment.
"These creatures are known as shadow creatures and though, not creative in the name we give them, they are, more or less, just that." Tristian explained. "Like Heartless, they attack, especially for the hearts, but not for that reason. Their goal in life is to snuff out the light either by completely obliterating it or turning others into shadow creatures like themselves." He paused a moment to let that sink in. "Not all shadow creatures are evil. There are some like Shadow," he motioned to shadow who allowed himself to briefly turn into his shadow form and then back, "who are natural shadows and are good. They help to try and maintain a balance of light and dark, which the worlds need to function properly. Of course, in most situations, you won't find a good shadow and if you do, count your blessings because these things are real pains in the a**, especially the evil ones with human forms."
Tristian paused a moment again. He glanced back at the slide to show pictures of different shadow creatures; some were small, like little mammals, and some were massive, larger than modern animals of certain worlds. "Those type of creatures you see behind me on the projector are the standard type you are bound to come across. They very in different ways, but they tend to be generally the same with the slashing, bashing, biting, and whatever attacks that are non-magic based they can do." He explained. "Then there are the human ones.' The next slide showed a couple different human-like ones, but judging by their looks, they were good and even allies of the group in their world. "Human like ones are a lot like the animal-like ones, but at times they are far more dangerous since they use certain weapons. With both types, if possible, avoid being struck by them or their weapons, especially if a human one has a weapon." Tristian glanced at Andre who removed his shirt to show a small scar on his chest and very light shadowy markings around it. "In most cases, a person will either die or turn from an attack. There are some who are lucky enough to withstand it and be healed from it to the point that the infection stops." Tristian sighed and looked to Reno and then Hugo.

Reno removed his shirt to fully show his scar, much larger and darker than Andre's, and the oh-so obvious infection going around his body. Hugo stepped up and spoke up since he knew more about the infection than the others. "Andre is considered lucky.... Reno is beyond that." he said. "Reno's infection was not treated quickly and due to the amount of darker magic in him than Andre, the infection took hold faster, stronger, and more dangerously." For someone with a cute face and happy disposition, it was easy to see he was Jango's child with how stern and serious his face turned when explaining. Of course, it was a serious matter, too. "I don't suggest you guys get yourselves infected to try it, but Reno has been able to bond with the infection and able to use it as if he were like the human-like shadow creatures." To show, Reno turned into his shadow form before turning back. "If anyone gets struck, though, by a good or bad shadow, seek medical attention that is involving light magic or certain sciences immediately. Waste no time; should you waste time, you're good as dead or turned. For the most part, I will be the best choice to go to. I may only have two years of experience in treating the infection, but I sure as hell can treat it and prevent it from getting worse and possibly taking you over."

"Great way to be so serious..." Tristian muttered. "Anyway, another matter with shadows, be on guard. Some of the stronger human ones can control others; meaning Shadow and Reno, being shadows themselves, are at risk. Avoid certain attacks with that and try to keep them contained and from hurting others. Then you should look for who is causing the controlling, they are never too far behind, and stop them."

When Tristian finished, Seth took a step up. "Fighting these things is pretty simple, my dearies." he said. "If you are dark based, hightail it out of there and let others deal with the matter. Being dark based will do nothing with attacks and make you more prone to a worse infection." A small pause. "Certain magic attacks and light based attacks are the best options. Fire and electric will kick majour a**. Light attacks like what A can use are also the best. These creatures hate light. They will show up in daylight, especially when desperate or stronger, but if you catch one in the darkness, even just lighting a lighter or flashlight can help keep you at least a little safe." Seth looked at a chart behind him on the projector. "Like the chart says, light based attacks and magics will basically do twice the damage. Dark based attacks, which mainly applies to those who use magic, won't do s**t. Then there are weapons. They are neutral based. They won't do much, but they won't really do little, either. Weapons are good for pushing certain ones closer to light attacks." Another chart came up. This one had three figures. One was shaded in white, another all rainbow-like, and the third dark gray. "Magic varies, but in our world, we sum it up to three types. Light, mixed, and dark. Light and mixed are good....dark is not when it comes to fighting these. Now if your magic is elemental, you're pretty much mixed, or rainbow as you see on the chart, except for a few select elements, and those are mainly light. Now there is a darkness element, but aside from Mama on a bad day and Howl when his hair gets messed up, I've never seen the darkness magic used. Spell casters, and I don't know if we have any here or not, also have to be careful. If you are unsure where your magic falls, talk to me, I tend to know and find out."

"If anything is unclear at this point, you are free to ask any questions you may have." Tristian said.

Alg3r:

(())

Shady Misfit

23,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

"Should I be worried with such reference?" Sam asked. "Part of me says 'no', but when it comes to you I can never be too sure."

A hand was hesitantly raised as Hart looked around him, then back at the front, nervous to speak. "I... I can enchant weapons... for those who have them... it... it could take a while, but, it's the most I can do."

Another hand came up, as Bay tilted his head just slightly to the right, looking somewhat suspicious. "Might I inquire why there seems to be so many people in the dark, do not assume any puns from that, about this, yet children such as yourselves are well informed about such things? Yes, I understand the predicaments you have found yourselves in prior to this current event, but it's still rather suspicious."

"They're not even from here." Nardo cut in. "So there's your explanation. Any other questions that aren't redundant? Because I for one know that I'm informed."

Cursed Shapeshifter

26,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image

"No need to be worried." Emily said. "Just a Team Rocket reference." She snickered a bit. She stopped and glanced around. "Animal instinct, empathy, or just gut feeling...anyway, I got a feeling we're nearing danger....And I think that's exactly what we want."

Seth walked over to Hart and smiled. "Hey, don't be nervous." he said calmly. "If you wish and it will make you more calm, you and I can talk about this outside."

"Nardo, it is best you hold your tongue before insulting one's curiosity." Andre said. "You make it seem like it's bad to ask a question when in face, even if something seems redundant, if it helps another understand more, then it is a very good question."

"Thanks, Andre. Anyway, as Nardo said, we aren't from here." Tristian said. "Some of you may know, some of you may not, but we are from an alternate universe, somewhat like a parallel dimension or something like that, but harder to reach without certain powers and forces." He shook his head. "Where we're from, these things are a common occurrence...and often more common and feared than Heartless."

Alg3r:

(())

Shady Misfit

23,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

Sam stopped for a moment, mentally slapping herself for not picking up on the reference her friend was dropping earlier. She shook herself out of her embarrassment and turned her attention back to her friend. 'Of course it is. I'm curious to see how well this will go."

'It's.. funny. I live amongst these people, I have for some time now, yet I still feel hesitant when around all of them. Outside... may be the best of places to speak to one another."

Bay gave a simple, understanding nod. He took a side glance at Nardo, then turned his attention back toward the others. "And don't pay mind to him. This is no different from his usual behavior."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces