Welcome to Gaia! ::

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

J
                                                                          ust as soon as she'd begun to feel like things were calming down she was reminded that such things were impossible when in the presence of Alexander. She jolted as the man tore her out of the room and out of view of Bishop and into the dining room where he then began to scold her much like one would a child. The queen's jaw clenched and the anger she'd felt before came flickering to life once more. "Unlike you, Alexander, I do not single out a look of recognition. Everywhere I go, I'm recognized so excuse me if I'm too daft to see any wrong in it now. As for submitting it was hardly any use expecting me to go along with whatever it was you were stirring up down there when you looked at me with that.... that... look as if you'd just poisoned me and were waiting for me to drop within a moments notice! How could you expect me to think it was anything more than some boorish attempt at further proving how much of an a** you are? If you want me to do something, say so. Otherwise don't expect me to know what's on your mind. Because you and I? We think nothing alike." She seethed but was careful not to be too loud. The last thing they needed was to frighten Bishop. Despite how pleased he appeared to be it did not erase the fact that he was but a child and surrounded by strangers in a place he was unfamiliar, far from his family. She was surprised such a young boy had managed to put on such a brave face in the midst of all these changes. Especially after the brutal attack on his person just that day.

Upon Alexander putting his hand out in a demanding manner and requesting, as he'd referred to it, his book... Belva reached into the bag, waved it in front of him, and shoved it into his chest for the second time. "Keep it. As far as I'm concerned it's the only company that is capable of being around you for longer than an hour. And even those souls detest your presence." She spat and rushed over to the inn door, fuming as she struggled to unlock it, and hurried down and past the inn keeper. "Oh, my dear? Are you sure you should be wanting to go out so late alone?" He called over the counter but she waved her bow in her hand without turning around and responded with a sharp breath. "I'll be fine, the misses and I are simply quarreling and I require a breathe of fresh air." Belva did her best to maintain a pleasant tone but faltered when bringing up her and Alexander's fight. She was tired of it. If this man felt he could handle such a journey on his own then why keep her around? Why not let her free? Even now he'd said she was free to to get herself killed but.... still referred to her as his prisoner. In the end Belva thought it better not to worry herself with the trivial mind that was Alexander. He was nobody. A thug with a thirst for riches. Whatever good he showed was always immediately dashed away by coincidences such as this. Whatever heart he might have been born with had rotted over the years and she cared not what it's source was as he seemed intent on maintaining such behavior even towards those who did not deserve it. It would seem as if the only one able to avoid such a wrath was Bishop and even that had not been the case at first from what she'd heard him admit before they'd been attacked by the orcs.

Belva continued on her way and grew increasingly uneasy as she passed by the much less extravagant part of Kincade. Men and women frolicked about, passing by one another with lustful looks and adorning suggestive clothing. Their eyes wandered and their mouths spoke of nothing but sin. She had never questioned her own apparel. Back in Thalassa it was normal for a woman, especially a sea nymph, to dress as such due to the amount of time spent in the water. And even if one didn't, the touch of the salty breeze coursing through the streets from the back splash of the waterfall was soothing and greatly welcomed on their bare skin. But here in Kincade there was no such breeze. And very few felt the way she did. A man of astounding height was an excellent example of this as he seemingly came out of nowhere and closed the space between them, pulling her jaw twixt his forefinger and thumb so that she might look up into his gaze. "Well now.... Aren't you a lovely little thing." He hummed and scratched the rough patches of stubble on his chin as he looked her over. He then proceeded to lift a red lock of hair and inhale it in such a manner that caused her stomach to knot up and grow sick. "Might one ask what it would take to convince such a beautiful young lady to stay the night?" She slapped his hand away as her jaw tightened much as it had when speaking to Alexander and she opened her mouth, speaking in a cold and distant tone. "No. You may not" But he did not receive her words kindly. A fury driven look replaced the charming one he'd wore when attempting to entice her and he thrust out his hand, grabbing much more than one small lock as he pulled her upright and began to drag her away. Belva let out a startled cry and pressed her bare feet to the ground in hopes of putting a stop to his attempt to steal her away but it only served to enrage him further and he turned around to strike her. Just as the hand came down she slammed a curled fist into the core of his gut and began to flee into the nearest building while the fiend was stunned.

As she stumbled through the door she was greeted by a myriad of cheery blush ridden faces and the strong odor of alcohol. Pirates, knights, thieves, and dukes alike gathered here in a common place to trade stories and entertain the women that found comfort in their company during the late hours of the night. And it was in such a place that she found Silas, drunk and clearly not in his right mind. But not wanting to sit alone nor by a stranger and most certainly not wanting to go back to the inn to face Alexander, she decided to take a seat next to the blond. "So this is what Phineus meant by allowing you to have a drink, yes?... Though it certainly appears you've.... had your fair share of several...."

Bishop had looked up upon hearing the slam of the inn door after a flurry of angry whispers. But it wasn't until now that the boy bothered to close his book and carry it with him to where Alexander was to inquire as to what it was that had just transpired. "Will..... will she come back? It's getting late....." And though he was concerned for the queen's safety he also felt that this might be a good time to alert Alexander as to the vision he'd had....... and possibly ask him if he should reveal the other to Belva. After all, it did concern her family and the kingdom of Thalassa. And he felt she deserved to know that much.

{Out.Of.Cupcakes: }
        User Image
        User Image

Alexander wanted to stop her, but what was the point? He had both the book and the boy. He needed nothing else. And yet, there was still a nagging feeling that he should chase her down and drag her back to the room just to prove a point.

Every time he spoke it seemed his words meant less and less. Surely, Belva now thought him to be nothing, just like her husband. However, Alexander didn't move on his word out of fear that he was only doing so out of anger. And although he wasn't a particularly religious man, he knew that the sins he committed long ago were still looming over his head. There was no telling if one more death would put him over the line, and force him to face the same wrath as his....

"Oh, yeah." Alexander realized once again that he wasn't alone. If it wasn't the woman, it was the child, or Phineus, or Silas. There was never any peace, and perhaps that was a good thing. It kept him from thinking, and when there was no time to think-- the elf would act. He certainly had a habit of getting things done.

"She's a woman, and therefore is an ungrateful leech that preys on the willingness of men." Alexander knelt down before the boy, and heaved a sigh. "It's something you'll learn when you grow up. So I wouldn't worry."

If not for the fact that she was being hunted, and was no longer in possession of the one thing that may stave off the wrath of her husband, she would be back for Bishop. There was no way that woman was going let three bandits take care of the child. "Isn't it...your bedtime or something..." It had been almost one hundred years since he was this age. He didn't know much about being young, but he did remember having a curfew.

In the meantime, Silas sat at an oak table in the corner drinking away his sorrows. The mission they had set out on was one that he had yet to fully wrap his head around. But the more and more he drank, the memories began to flood back. And he didn't know if he could keep this a secret anymore. Perhaps if he confessed now, Alexander would not take out his wrath upon him once they reached Salia.

He had done well to hide his fears, but now they were creeping up on him. So much so, that when Belva came to sit beside him, he almost fell out of his chair. To say she had startled him, would have been a gross understatement. He teetered on one leg for a moment, before steadying the seat back on all floor legs. Silas smiled widely upon seeing her, although inside he was rotting away. His blonde hair was a mess, his eyes blood red, and his breath wreaked of guilt.

"Belva." He swallowed hard, offering her his mug of rum, which he placed before her. She was a lovely woman, one he wanted to bed, but since he had met her the feeling of dread had over taken his want to pursue her romantically. The fact that she had a husband was no nevermind to him.

"You look lovely as always." The man hiccuped. "I'm surprised Zander let you out of his sight." The man's blue eyes fell in sorrow. "He means well..." He whispered, holding back the tears that had been whelming up behind his eyes for decades.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

B
                                                                          ishop's eyes widened at the mention of going to bed and he crossed his arms indignantly despite how his wishful expression betrayed him. "I'm an oracle's son. Bed times are beyond me.... I'm too old for that little kid stuff." It was a long shot but he felt that perhaps using his gift as an excuse might fend off any need to give him a curfew. But just in case, he decided to remind Alexander of the vision he'd wanted to share. "While I was with the cloaked woman I had a brief vision... A man, a murderer cursed for the blood shed of an entire civilization was damned to hunt down those bound by the law of the seven ancient kingdoms who were deemed punishable by royal blood. His armor screeches, as much alive as he. His skin ashen and his hair white from decades of torment and a life that has long since been due to be snuffed out. His jaw is partially exposed at the lips revealing an unnatural and gluttonous grin. He answers only to those who reign over one of the seven kingdoms and serves as a bounty hunter should one know how to summon him. He answers to neither heaven nor hell and rumors throughout the centuries depict him as an unstoppable force. This is the man that Daemos has sent." Bishop inhaled deeply after what felt like a breathless speech. He looked at Alexander with a seriousness unmatched by those of his age and it was evident that he took such information received through his visions fairly seriously. "I just thought you should know that. Being that we could die and all." He said matter o factly and dropped his book onto the floor at his feet before plopping down in front of it and opening the pages to continue peering through its contents as he had been on the bed.

It was only upon seeing an image depicting a dragon wrapped around a simple stone palace that he paused. Without looking back up at Alexander the child opened his mouth to speak.... At first nothing came out and he shut it almost immediately after only to repeat the act, flipping the page so that he might look at something else. "Thalassa is gone." He blurted and stopped turning the pages, seemingly zoning out as he stared at the book with little interest. "I didn't want to tell her. I didn't know......... A month ago my father and I simultaneously shared a vision. One of Daemos' army slaughtering the people of Thalassa. The kingdom in flames and deteriorating under the weight of his dark magic before crumbling in ruins into the waterfall that served as their home for so long. Daemos killed their king. He destroyed their home. And now their people are scattered and un-united in fear of being confronted by him.They were so afraid..... There was screaming and crying and-.... I didn't want to tell her. But doesn't she deserve to know?" Bishop finally brought his tearful gaze up towards Alexander and ran a sleeve over his eyes in hopes of hiding such weakness in front of the elf. "What am I going to do? What if I tell her and she hates me for it?" Bishop was young and despite his moments of wisdom he was still but a child who needed guidance and reassurance. He did not fully understand the thoughts of adults and only understood what he did through the visions he had and what the people in them expressed. It was almost as if he were right there experiencing it with them. The horror and pain was all too real. And he simply did not want to throw such a feeling onto those around him and concluded that perhaps this once he should carry this burden alone. But what harm would their be in asking advice from someone like Alexander? In Bishop's eyes, he was a troubled man but the boy was quick to dismiss faults and had come to see Alexander as a 'role model' of sorts. And adventurer as brave as they come.

Unfortunately Belva did not share such feelings for Alexander and made it evident when Silas brought him up. She took a decent sized gulp out of his mug before handing it back to him, watching the disheveled expression on the man's face. "So you say. But nothing that he's said or done has proven to me just as much. Anything but, to be honest. He's stubborn, cruel, unrelenting, two faced, and heartless and I haven't a clue how he earned the company of men like you and Phineus who don't seem nearly as deserving of such behavior. Just now he implied that I do as I please with my life but almost immediately after felt it necessary to claim me as his prisoner. I will not answer to the likes of him nor will I abide by his demands. Since the moment I've met him he's ceased to amaze me with his 'high and mighty' persona. How a man with an ego of such great length has managed not to get himself beheaded in one if not every kingdom he steps foot in is beyond me. And I say that because by how possessed he acts I'm quite sure that if you did decapitate him, another head would grow within the hour, just as ugly as the last...... I'm sorry. I know this isn't your problem. I just don't understand why he's so intent on keeping me with the lot of you when he could do just as much on his own.... He makes me feel as if I've failed my kingdom.... as if I'm a horrible queen. You saw those people back in Sonitus. What kind of ruler neglects an entire town to such a degree...... But why? Why even then would he press me to feel this way? Why does he insist on making it appear as if I am not even worth the life given to me?.... not even worth a single breath..." Perhaps the alcohol was affecting her and causing her to relay onto this man her troubles due to her lack of experience with drink in the past. But even then, she couldn't remember being such a light weight....

User Image
        User Image

Alexander could feel something within him; a rage building so strong that it would have likely seeped from beneath his skin like blood, and oozed all over the floor. And yet, he remained calm. There was a bounty hunter after them. Daemos was a powerful wizard now, and even without the Book, the Oracle had made it clear that he could still call upon the souls for help. Whatever this abomination was, he would likely not be far behind, and Alexander couldn't help but worry that the book he now had at his feet was a beckon. A way for it to find them.

That was no matter now. He would lay waste to the beast, and they would continue on their journey. Nothing, and no one could stop him now. If the King was looking for a fight, he had one. In any case, Alexander didn't think this was something a child should have to worry about. He remembered a time when he was without worries, and wondered if Bishop was ever a normal little boy.

Such a gift as this, seemed like more of a curse in some instances. Especially in a time like this. And now it seemed he had even more bad news. He imaged that these visions were more like nightmares-- ones that a person couldn't simply wake up from. For what Bishop saw was sure to come true. There was a part of him that empathized with his hardships. Alexander had been a child once, and he hardly ever had a shoulder to cry on.

Was it right to allow him to feel like he was alone when he came asking for advice? Bishop had done Alexander no harm, and wasn't likely to be able to hurt him in anyway. Therefore, the elf scooped him up and brought him back into the room where he had claimed a bed. He sat him on the edge of it and had a seat beside him. "Don't be so quick to grow up." Alexander whispered softly, his eyes looking toward the circular archway that led into the dimly lit hallway. His eyes weren't focused and his vision was hazy before him.

"A bedtime isn't a bad thing. I wish I 'ad a bedtime." That was actually the truth. If it weren't for his own nightmares, he would likely sleep most of his days away. "But I'm not your father. And I can't tell you what to do. As a matter of fact, I didn't 'ave much of a father myself. So even if I was, I wouldn't be very good at it." Alexander was speaking freely now. It still hadn't sunk in that the fact that Belva had lost her half-sibling was making him this way. He was more mellow and somber now than he wanted to admit.

"As for the 'unter, I wouldn't worry. I'm scarier than any cursed beast the King has sent. And I fear nothing." Alexander finally turned and looked at the boy with a determined expression. "I'll tell the Queen about the fall of Thalassa, kid. Since she already 'ates me..."

Yet it seemed she didn't hate Silas. He was happy to see that the woman could trust in him. Although she found his companion to be less appealing than dog s**t. The Queen thought nothing of Alexander and it was obvious that she may have been planning to run off and leave them. She didn't see her worth, but Silas understood why the elf kept her here. He was likely hellbent on revenge, as she did stab him in the back, and was hoping she would suffer. In addition, he couldn't carry the Book himself.

As a matter of fact, they still weren't even sure that the King had set out to kill her, and there was a possibly that the man only meant to capture the Queen. If that was the case, whomever he sent after them would be more caution about their plan of attack. Meaning they wouldn't have to worry about a Orc burning down an entire building in hopes of killing them all. She was still an important benefactor of this journey. So as she continued to speak, he felt more and more convicted. Silas felt like he needed to share this secret with someone, anyone that would listen. And it seemed that Belva wanted real answers.

"I deserve everything. All his anger. All his rage." He sighed and slammed his hands on the table. Nervously, he paused for a minute glaring down at the wood as if he could see his own reflection. "There is a white city, on the edge of the earth where elves and humans lived in peace. It was called Rivdar. Their King, his name was Cavril. And his rule was absolute. He came into power, by marrying a woman named Indigo. She was an elf, and the only heir the late King left behind. The two had a son, and they named-- they named...him..."

Silas felt a tear fall, as it slashed down his cheek and hit the table. "His name was Alexander. And Alexander was a good Prince beyond reproach. His father was always away on business, but his mother was there to raise him. And me, and our sister-- Soarina. Soarina was not the King's child, but a product of an affair Indigo had with my father. My father was a great wizard and he loved her.

For years, Cavril had been away and when he returned to find that his wife had another child he was outraged. Alexander of course, having looked up to the man thought that his mother should take her punishment for her betrayal, so that they could live in peace. But she told him there would be none with Cavril around. She and my father exiled him, kept him outside Rivdar with magic and warned us never to leave the city-- that we weren't safe.

One night Alexander yearned for the touch of his father. I caught him sneaking out of the castle with Soarina. He said, he felt him crying every night; that the man never got to meet his step-daughter, and he missed his son. So I went with them. We went rushing into the woods and there he was, waiting for us."

Silas was beyond tearful now, he was sobbing, streaks of water running down his flushed cheeks. "Cavril had a witch with him. Olivera. And she trapped Soarina and me in this box. Alexander and I were teenagers then, but she was...a baby still. Olivera did some kind of a spell that-- drained us of our powers. And it was too much for Soarina. When all was said and done, I remember waking to Alexander crying over her dead body. He howled like a wolf at the moon. I thought...I thought he would die of sadness.

We took her back to the castle, and we were blamed for her death. Our own mother and father sent us away and told us never to come back. Alexander...well he felt responsible. And he cried, I mean for weeks. I tried to help him, I wanted him to feel anything other than despair. He was my brother; all I had left of family and I couldn't bare to lose him.

A year passed, and he stopped eating, and drinking...he was dying. So I went back to those woods-- Rivdar was in up flames-- Cavril had taken his revenge it seemed. And Olivera was there. I had something of my father's, a trinket that I wore around my arm. She asked me about it and I told her it was a talisman my father gave me to strengthen my magic. I told her I would give it her if she saved Alexander's life. But I did it for selfish reasons.... I took her back to the village where we had been staying and while he slept-- she carved out his heart."

Silas looked up behind a wall of tears at Belva. "When he woke up, he was heeled. He would eat, and sleep, and drink. And I thought I had my brother back. But all I had done was cursed him to live a life void of love. I had a brother that could never love me, or anyone else ever again. I went back to the woods and cried to Olivera to give his heart back. But she was gone."

He bit down on his lip and shook his head. "He isn't mean to you on purpose, he's just limited to what he can feel. And if he does feel something good, anything, often times he reacts in rage. He expects emptiness, needs no one, and fears nothing. Without a heart, the man is simply...not human."

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

B
                                                                          ishop wiped away any further traces of tears as Alexander lifted him and placed him on the edge of the bed, listening carefully as the man went on to talk about bed times and how he wished he still had one. When he made the remark of how Alexander wouldn't make a good father because he hadn't one growing up Bishop shook his head slowly, his brow furrowing in thought as he sniffed away the remains of sadness. "I don't think that's true. You're certainly doing a good enough job acting like one now. Downstairs you seemed to pull it off too. Even if you are grumpy." He said with a small smile. "If anything that only means you'll be an even better father. Because we learn from the mistakes ours make. And if yours made a lot of mistakes, you'll know a lot of what not to do." Alexander only proved to cheer Bishop up further as he went on to tell the boy he shouldn't fear the hunter for he was far scarier than him or any other creature Daemos felt the need to summon. And that alone was a weight lifted off Bishop's shoulders. And it continued to feel that way as he then announced that he'd be the one to tell Belva of the tragedy in Thalassa. Bishop froze for a moment and slowly got up on his knees and leaned over and gave Alexander a brief hug before slowly creeping under the covers of the bed and nuzzling into place deciding it would be best not to give Alexander any further trouble and do as he'd suggested. "Thank you." He mumbled through a sleepy tone and his eyes grew heavy within the next passing minute. Just before the child slipped into a land of sleep and tranquility he uttered one last remark that signified over all what he thought of Alexander. "You're not scary Alexander. You're just brave." And with that, he was out like a light.

Belva's night however was far from over. The tale that the now weeping Silas had told her of Alexander and his past was practically incomprehensible. To think that two men, children at the time, could endure such tribulations with the consequences they now faced was sorrowing and provoked sympathy for their misfortunes. She looked at Silas with a gentle gaze and gently embraced him before placing a hand atop his head. "I'm so sorry Silas... I hadn't known..... I can understand why you must feel the weight on your shoulders, I really do. But you shouldn't blame yourself so strongly. You did it in fear of losing someone you cared about. Yes, you came to regret such a decision later on. But it was something you did out of concern and love for your brother. You were young and hurting, as was he. Do not let the mistakes of the past haunt you. You care about each other and though you might feel as if he is incapable of feeling as much for you now I would gladly protest such a thought. I saw the look in his eye when he saw you on the rooftop with that orc. When he realized he hadn't the strength to help you like he desperately wanted to...... That was not anger. That was fear. Fear of losing someone he cared about. Do not give up hope just yet. He may learn to love over time. A man as fierce as that, I'm almost certain his determination will drive him to great lengths. And yours too." She said with a smile before looking around and out the window. It was well past the early stages of the night. "Come on... I think it's time we get you back to the inn and get some shut eye." She said as she then got out of her seat and slowly persuaded him out of his by the arm.

She wasn't sure what to think of Alexander anymore. Silas' words had enlightened her, yes, but she was still having trouble erasing the anger of being ridiculed, harassed, and man handled by him. Silas' secret was his and his alone therefore she knew she would have to act as if she knew nothing of the sort. And with how easily detestable Alexander was, she knew that it would be easy to do as much. As she helped the drunken blond back towards the inn she couldn't help but be plagued by the thought of Alexander and his half sister, the young child who'd died due to their desire to see Alexander's father. It was a mistake that had cost them dearly But she most certainly see the temptation in it as well as the pain it would have caused. Had it been her father she was certain she would have done as much.... and had it been her half brother who had died? The thought was unbearable. She could only imagine what had been going through their minds. The guilt that riddled their souls. And to have been haunted by the memory so fully that it caused the red haired elf to almost fade from existence..... It was no wonder that Silas had done what he did.

"Here we are. Watch your step." She opened the door to the inn, flooding them in light as the inn keeper was beginning to put things away at his desk and the man looked up at them peculiarly. "Ah uhm... my husband's brother had a bit much to drink. But I assure you he will do no damage to your room and he'll behave himself. He's the calm sort. Runs in the family I suppose." The inn keeper smiled and nodded politely. "It sounds as if you've cooled off. Does this mean you will be making up with the man? You two do make an awfully pleasant couple if I do say so myself. And your son is very charming." Belva flinched at the thought of apologizing to Alexander. Despite her new found knowledge, she doubted they were anywhere close to apologizing. But for the sake of keeping things simple and clean.... "Yes, of course. He means well, as do I. I just suppose we have our differences as all... couples.... do." If felt like glass sliding through her lips at the ladder of her statement and before the keeper could pry any further she bid him goodnight and hauled the drunken Silas up the stairs. Before helping him to his room and hesitantly making her way to the one she shared with Alexander and Bishop. She took a deep breath, and quietly walked in. Noting the sleeping boy who looked rather angelic like whilst asleep in her eyes.

User Image
        User Image

Indeed, he was grumpy. And he preferred himself that way. He remembered a time when he was weak and fragile and cared too much. And he prayed to the gods night after night to take the excruciating pain away. At one point, he was naught but skin and bones, until one morning he woke to find that the suffering was over. It was the most liberating feeling he had ever felt, and it was first and last time he was ever truly happy.

However, he wasn't that elf anymore. Over the years he had become a new breed, and finally honored who he was, and the way he handled serious situations. And yet, despite his promise to never dabble in the land of children or women for that matter, Bishop was proving to be wiser than any man he had ever met. Alexander could only imagine how proud his father would be once he sprouted his wings. The boy would certainly be able to fly. But regardless of that fact, he still didn't want to care about the child's hardships, this was suppose to be about his ability and what he could do to assist Alexander in attaining glory. After all, he was born a Prince, but he would die a King.

It was then, in the midst of his thoughts that he felt pressure upon his body. Bishop had shifted on the bed and was proceeding to squeeze him his puny arms. It was brief, and left Alexander slightly bewildered, as the boy quickly got beneath the sheets and allowed sleep to wash over him. But not before he spoke words that made Alexander feel something he hadn't felt in a long time...good. The elf sat at the edge of the bed for a time, just listening to the sound of silence. It had been a long time since there was so much quiet. It was glorious. And then it was over.

The door had opened up, and at first he prepared himself to strike, but the footsteps were dainty and soft against the polished wooden floors. Whatever anxiety he felt in that moment, disappeared-- at least briefly, until he saw her face. He knew that Bishop's vision couldn't wait, and this woman deserved to know what happened to her only living family member. She needed to face the reality that her husband was no longer the man she once loved. And that it was important for her to focus on the task at hand. It was time she got her revenge. This was no time for her to be living in a fantasy land.

Alexander realized that even he hadn't recognized the gravity of the situation. As much as he didn't want to help anyone else, and only wished to propel himself to the top; there would be no top if Daemos destroyed everything just as the Keeper wanted. Perhaps, for the time being he could be the hero. That was what he liked most about himself, his ability to adapt. He was willing to do anything to attain his goal and be free. If saving the world was the way to do it, then so be it.

First, and foremost, he would need to keep Bishop on his side. Therefore, he needed to keep his word and express his vision to Belva. "I know I'm likely the last person on Earth you want to 'ave a conversation with, but this needs to be said." He whispered, feeling a lump growing in his throat, knowing this would not be easy. Alexander remembered the pain he felt when a witch murdered his sister, and the guilt. It was gone now. But the mere memory made him angry.

"Just..." He took her arm, but he didn't grab it or yank her, he merely led her in to the dinning area so that they would not wake Bishop. Once they were out of the earshot, he released Belva and turned to look at her, his eyes falling down upon her with much less hatred and anger than before. "You're Kingdom," For some reason this was really difficult for him. He would feel his stomach churning like the waves of an irate sea, as the heavens opened up and the gods unleashed their fury upon it. "Bishop had a vision. It was destroyed by Daemos sometime ago, and your brother was killed."

Alexander looked away from her then, not wanting to be remained of his own grief anymore than he already was. He merely wanted her to take the news and go to bed. And yet, his hand found her shoulder unknowingly. "I'm sorry..."

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

S
                                                                          he had been hoping that at the very least Alexander would have fallen asleep, allowing her the silence she needed to fully come to terms with what Silas had told her. But such was not the case and almost immediately after she had entered the room he confronted her although not nearly as aggressive as she would have thought he'd be. Surely this was about their conversation earlier..... she couldn't think of it being anything other than that but upon feeling his almost gentle grasp as he led her into the dining room for the second time that night, she hesitated. Something was amiss. For the man without a heart to suddenly behave as if he had one then surely something had happened while she was gone. "What's wrong? Is it Bishop? Is he sick?" She whispered and peered back around the corner at the sleeping child. He looked well. And he seemed to be sleeping just fine. Perhaps it was something more internal, caused by the treat she'd bought him prior to their entering the inn. But just as she was ready to conclude that it must have been that or a myriad of other things for that matter that could lead to the boy feeling ill..... Alexander spoke up. "Your kingdom." Belva froze and slowly looked the elf in the eyes once more. Sonitus? Had Daemos done something to the town of the poor? Was that what this was about? "Bishop had a vision. It was destroyed by Daemos sometime ago, and your brother was killed." Destroyed? Her kingdom? But her brother did not live in Sonitus, he lived in........

The realization that Alexander was speaking of Thalassa hit her with such a force that she was left feeling winded and weak. Her body shook violently as her hand shot up over her mouth to stifle what screams might have leaked through her attempt to appear calm and collected. But it was for not.... Her body shook violently beneath Alexander's touch and in that moment she was thankful that he had managed to look away when he did. The tears that ran down her face were quick to remind her of Thalassa's waterfalls and she felt as if her innards might burst from the restraint she was showing in fear of waking Bishop. She knew Daemos to be a man capable of many things but never had she considered the fact that he might destroy her own land in the process of attempting to rid the world of them all. This was not the man she had married.... This was not a man at all. And it struck her then that this had occurred well before she'd begun to see the signs of his sudden change in behavior. Alexander had been right. He hadn't been a man of kindness. She'd married into this monstrosity. Their people had suffered, lives had been taken, and now her own kingdom had come to ruin because of her mistake. Her brother, killed in his prime. Perhaps this was some sort of punishment the gods had sent upon her for being such a neglectful ruler. A queen with so much at her disposal but far to blind to see the ruin in the kingdom she reigned over. All that time she'd gone without hearing from Atticus had been time he spent fighting a war against Daemos. She had no doubt that during such trials her lack of support must have been shown to be a sign of treason on her part. She could only begin to think of what he must have thought of her in those final hours.... How betrayed he must have felt.

Belva could barely manage to keep what sanity she had left together after Alexander revealed such news. Her husband had lied to her, mistreated their people, killed her own, destroyed Thalassa, and murdered her brother. And she knew very well that it wouldn't stop there. There would be plenty more to come. Belva understood then that whatever relationship she'd had with Daemos in the beginning was destroyed. He'd thrown it all away in his greed and lack of consideration for those around him. His putrid sense of self entitlement to the land and power that the world had to offer..... He needed to be stopped. "Thank you." She said, offering Alexander a brief smile but it was all but real. Compressed by her need to be strong in this hour of grief and knowing that showing such sympathy on his part must be difficult. But he was trying. Not wanting to make the situation any more difficult than it already was, she saved her tears for another time and slowly eased her way into bed, facing the wall so that if her sorrow were to break through during the night, it would not be seen if not heard by her companions.

Such a decision proved to be wise, for several times during the night she was awoken by her own dreams. Dreams which consisted of the horrors committed by Daemos and the loss that she felt. Her stifled cries were carefully silenced though during such moments she found that her body continued to quiver under the stress of remaining quiet in hopes of not waking the child and the elf. She knew then that the strange look shared between her and Bishop on the ride into Kincade had been one of sorrow on his part when he'd realized where she came from. The night was difficult but somewhere along the way she was able to go back to sleep due to the exhaustion of all that she had learned within the few hours of their night in Kincade. She could only hope that tomorrow wouldn't be nearly as troubling.

User Image
        User Image

Alexander looked after the Queen as she left to find a bed to possibly try and sleep off the pain, but he knew all too well that sometimes nothing was enough. He felt true despair for an entire year until it finally disappeared and he was able to move on with his life. But he was never the same.

He blamed himself for his sisters death. She but a child, and he had taken her future from her. Yet now, as he recalled, it was the mistakes of his mother that had hammer the nail in the coffin. Soarina wasn't meant to exist if Indigo would have merely stayed true to her husband, the man she promised her love to, then gave to another. Without the grief, he could now see that he had only done what he thought was right. Even Silas had told him so many times while he was in that pit of sadness-- a pit he couldn't climb out of on his own-- but he couldn't fully comprehend the truth, because his mind wasn't right.

Alexander had gone insane for a time. He was no longer a man, but an empty shell. Life was fading from him, and he couldn't stop it. It wasn't until the sadness subsided and he was rescued by the gods, that he could see clearly. Dying wasn't going to fix anything; only farther deject the person who still cared about him-- the person he could still be around for. And that was Silas. Of course, then Phineus came along, and he was forced into a bond with him as well, but it hadn't been all terrible.

Alexander still stuck behind his theory. Belva needed to get revenge against her husband, the way his father had taken his revenge on his mother. Cavile had gone about it completely the wrong way, in hatred and anger, but had he done it with honor-- the gods wouldn't have cursed him to a life of guiding souls to the underworld. And even now, the man's hatred was spreading.

Alexander told all he met that he feared nothing, but that was a lie. His father, the Keeper, was far more powerful than any man the world had ever seen, with the support of the life-force of two witches surging through his veins. He had hoped to never cross paths with him again, as revenge upon him for the death of his sister was not possible. Alexander was going to open the book and destroy it, but he never planned to lead the souls into battle. However, there was a change in him. Now he wanted revenge; revenge for every mother, father, sister, or brother that b*****d had ever murdered in cold blood.

The elf sighed heavily, and although his hand had left Belva long ago, it was still floating where she had been as he stood eerily in the dark among the silence. Part of him wanted to go and speak with the woman, and another part of him was angry for even thinking such a thing. What comfort could she possibly get from a man who hardly knew what it was like to feel anymore? So with that, he departed from the room-- heavy footsteps upon the polished floor, as he pulled back the handle of the door and stepped out into the dimly lit upstairs hallway.

Immediately he noticed a dark figure to his right, that startled him into attack. He lunged forward and put one arm up against the figures chest and the other around it's neck. "You stay away from my kid!"

"I--I am not a-after the boy."

"The woman's off limits as well." He growled, prepared to pop this woman's head off like a top.

"It's Silas and Phineus."

And suddenly, he was curious. Alexander released her neck and snatched down the hood of her cloak. He sighed heavily upon realizing who was standing before him and took a step back, although still ready to kill the b***h if she didn't have a damn good reason for lurking outside of his cabin.

Rochelle smiled upon getting a good look at him and moved forward, her hand running over his face, hair, and ears as if he wasn't real. As if this was all a dream. "You have grown so much."

"I'm only a 'undred years old, Elle. What are you doing 'ere? If either one of your son's sees you, we'll be burying your body in the morning."

Her eyes fell and she nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation. "I want to help. I was in Sonitus on the run from--"

"Another man who you let wiggle between those loose legs of yours?"

She cleared her throat abruptly as her eyes opened wide with surprise. "You still have a way with words, I see..."

"Get on with it."

"Well I saw Silas, and Phinues and it's been so long. So I followed you, and I talked to Oracle about the vision he had when he touched you. Olivera is dangerous. And I don't want to see my sons killed."

"You demonstrate a lack of faith. I 'aven't let anything 'appen to your sons thus far."

She gently caressed his cheeks still, her eyes full of pain, but Alexander had no remorse for this woman. She was worse than his own cheating mother. "Please, just listen. There is Kingdom called Oasis. There is a lake there, it's guarded by a terrible creature, but if you can manage to get some of it's water, it'll reverse the effects dark magic has had on Olivera, and she may be more willing to help you."

He reached up and grabbed both her arms removing them from his face and put them roughly back at her sides. "Fine." He would take anything he could get at this point. And it was obvious that Rochelle only wanted to redeem herself for past sins.

"Also, before I go..." The elf titled his head, his eyes narrowing as her voice became a whisper. "I was being courted by the King of Thalassa before his...demise."

"Yes, that seems to be a running theme with you women."

"He might still be alive."

Alexander let that possibility sink in. But decided it was best not to say anything to Belva until it was confirmed. "You should go now." She nodded and quickly pushed up her hood, rushing down the hallway. Alexander then returned to the room, not sure why he left in the first place, and had a seat with his back against the door. Soon enough, the elf was fast asleep.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

B
                                                                          ishop was the first to rise of the three during the wee hours of the morning and took this as an opportunity to pull his own weight and show that he was just as capable of helping as the rest of them were. He started by gathering their things and placing them in a neat pile before getting to work on their weapons. A small rag was pulled out of his own pack and after running it under hot water he began to rub away at the grime and dirt that had collected on Belva's bow, arrows, and Alexander's sword which was still well caked in blood. During the process he'd been careful to check on both adults and ensure that they hadn't opened their eyes in fear of either being reprimanded or ruining the surprise, looking away only to whip back around as if he might catch either one taking a peek. After he was certain both were in a slumber too deep to awaken immediately, he eased his way towards the window and flipped the latch. Despite being an entire story off the ground Bishop had little doubt that he could make it down in one piece and carefully wiggled through the frame and onto the roof. Passers by paid little mind to him though some did point before walking off to go about their business. The boy was hesitant after looking down but took in a deep breath and began to scale the side of the roof, choosing his footing carefully. The shingles were damp from a cold night, allowing the moisture from the surrounding waters to stick across the rooftops during evaporation. On several separate occasions a few were far too slick and led to Bishop slipping towards the edge before he was able to regain his balance just in time. By the time he made it over to the metal running down the inn wall, serving as a drain pipe, he was well shaken by the close calls and decided he would have to be much more careful on the way back.

As soon as his feet touched the ground a sense of elation soared within him and there was a skip in his step as he ran off in search of the nearest bakery. Upon pushing open the door to the first one he came across a wave of warm air washed over him. The smell of fresh dough being baked to perfection filled his nostrils and as Bishop peered up at the display counter he saw a variety of delectable goods that outnumbered his fingers and toes. Eagerly he dug out his coin pouch and found that it was rather.... full.... Much fuller than he had expected his father to be able to afford and he questioned how the man would be able to survive on his own while Bishop was away if he insisted on giving his son this much. And though it may not have seemed like a lot to others, it was a life's worth of savings to Bishop who was used to living in poverty. Not wanting to worry himself with it any further the child attempted to reassure himself his father would do well while he was away and pulled a small stepping ladder over that was used for maintenance use only. However seeing such a small child alone was enough to give the baker reason to dismiss this and he loomed over the young man curiously. "Well hello there... How might I help a small little wanderer such as yourself? Are your parents around?" Bishop wasn't so foolish as to admit that he had come all this way on his own and immediately nodded his head with a pleasant smile. "Yes, they are just outside. My father is buying my mother a new dress just around the corner and told me I might purchase what I like." The baker nodded, unsure of whether he beleived the boy but letting it slide nonetheless. "Oh? And what would you like my boy?" Bishop licked his lips thoughtfully and pointed at the display. "Five cinnamon roles, a loaf of bread, and.... might you be able to spare me some apples for our horses?"

The baker's brow furrowed as Bishop placed his entire pouch onto the counter and looked back at the boy with an analyzing look. He was poor. That much was obvious from his clothing. And unlike most, this baker had a soul, one that wouldn't allow him to take money from a struggling family. "I'll tell you what, child. You give me one coin. Just one. And I'll supply you with what you ask." Bishop's eyes widened and he gratefully thanked the man before leaving the bakery with his arms filled up to his chin. On the way back to the inn Bishop stopped by the stables where Phineus had placed the horses. Leaving his goods outside the door, he took the bag of apples inside only to be brought to a halt by the sound of neighing and the laughter of those he was unfamiliar with. There were five young men no older than fifeteen throwing rocks at the horses and prodding them with small daggers, attempting to frighten them. Bishop dropped his bag of apples causing them to scatter and did as he'd seen Alexander do upon stalking the guards on the wall of Sonitus. The child slunk across the ground, not nearly as graceful as the elf had been. The stone of the stables felt cold against the palms of his hands and as he leapt and slammed into the side of the smallest of the lot, causing him to tumble into one of the stalls, he realized that he was very, very outnumbered. The boy who'd fallen had done so directly into a pile of manure causing the others to turn towards the source of the embarrassment as Bishop began his second attack on the child to his left who only served to grab Bishop in a headlock. "Leave them alone!" He hollered to which the boys laughed in unison. "It looks like there's a rat amongst the rubble! Sneak up on us will you! Well then, let em have it!" The largest sung and the group then proceeded to pummel the much smaller child, running off and stomping on his apples on the way out after leaving him with a good bruising on his left eye and a bloodied nose. Bishop did not cry but merely got back up and walked over towards the door where the remainder of his apples lay untouched. He grabbed one with a sigh and trudged over to Hermes who was snorting wildly even after the excitement had come to pass. "It's okay. Their gone now. Don't worry. I'm scarier than any child that roams through Kincade." He said and held out the apple for Hermes to devour.

Belva awoke to the sun's rays shining brightly through the creases between the curtains of the window in which she faced. Their warmth kissed at damp cheeks though she felt that the news she'd received only the night before had been nothing more than a dream. And yet her mind was swirling with all that she'd been told. Not just of her brother's death, but of the death of Alexander's half sister as well and the banishment that had led them to where they were now. She knew that this would be something to keep in mind while dealing with the man's difficult nature later on. And given his recovery time she knew it would only be a matter of time before he returned to his old self. From what Silas had said, Alexander simply couldn't help it. It was while she pondered thoughts of yesterday that she heard the window pry open. With an alarmed look she peered over to see Bishop tumble through with a bag of food which scattered across the floor before it was immediately picked up by the frantic child, eager to surprise his companions as he scurried into the dining room and placed the groceries onto the table. Completely unaware that he'd been spotted.

User Image
        User Image

Indeed, he had been spotted by Alexander too.

Bishop may have believed he had left the house without being spotted, but his new elf companion was far too perceptive to the let the sound of the window unlatching get past him. However, he trusted that the boy knew what he doing and stayed put against the door waiting for him to return. His eyes were closed tight, as he swore to himself that he wouldn't worry.

And yet, after only a few minutes, Alexander started to feel that ungodly churning sensation in his stomach again. It was true, he had told Bishop that he wasn't his father and couldn't tell him what to do, and still, he felt obligated. But it wasn't about the elder, or anything of the sort. It was more about his own childhood, and how he wished he had a strong male figure in his life; someone who looked after him, even if they didn't love or care much for him, just because he was a child.

Youth was important. Without young people, there was no future for this world. And right now, with the destruction that Daemos could deliver, Alexander thought it would be good for his new 'hero' persona to preserve the one child that had been put into his care.

Nevertheless, here he was, doing nothing out the fear of caring too much-- as he had his baby sister. His head was pounding and he merely wanted to go back to sleep, but rest never came. Instead, the sound of something falling in through one of the bedroom windows, startled his eyes open. And then he recognized little feet upon the floor.

Alexander quickly closed his eyes and dropped his head again as the boy went whizzing by into the dinning room. Once he was out of sight, the elf got to his feet and there was a knock at the door. He turned, attempting to pull himself together. And soon after, reached for the handle just as the lock snapped off the contraption and hit the floor.

Alexander braced himself, but was still unprepared as both Phineus and Silas came busting into the room, trampling right over him. The two were arguing with one another very loudly, but the reason was unclear. He peeled himself off the floor and drew a deep, very annoyed breath. "What the [******** is going on? I 'ave to pay for that now!" Alexander growled, shoving the door shut with one heave and pointing to the broken lock on the floor.

Phineus scratched his head sheepishly and shrugged his large shoulders. "Not very good security around here."

"Okay, where's my--" Alexander was prepared to drive his blade through the heart of his companion's when he realized that his weapon, the Book, Belva's bag, and her bow and arrow were in a pile in the hallway.

"Bishop..." His punishment was forgotten as he entered the dinning area to ask about the objects that were clearly not where he had left them. He also noticed that there was food on the table.

Silas and Phineus followed suit. "Oh wow. I could certainly use breakfast, Bishop. They look fresh. Did--"

"What 'appened to your face?" Alexander abruptly interrupted Silas, upon his immediate acknowledge that the boy was not in the same condition he left in. His nose was bloodied, and his little eye, bruised. The elf could feel his anxiety turning to anger with every second it took for him to provide a logical answer. As even he, a scoundrel and thief, wouldn't dare to brutalize a child.

Silas and Phineus seemed to agree with his concern as they went and had a seat at the table. However, the elf did not sit. He wanted to know what happened; and when he did, he would go make the perpetrator pay.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

B
                                                                          elva jumped at the sound of the door bursting open and the rabble of voices that followed. The queen gently rubbed the sleep from her eyes and joined the rest in the dining room and smiled upon seeing that the others had awoken and breakfast had been laid out onto the table, though was as equally concerned upon hearing Alexander mention Bishop's face. Now that she was close enough it was easy to recognize the swelling, darkened skin and bloodied nose that the boy adorned. She put her previous thoughts aside and knelt down before the boy as he searched for the words to explain what had happened to him while he'd been out and about without permission. "Well I..... I tripped. Stupid, I know...." But Belva would not be so quick to be fooled. Still, she thought it best that Alexander handle the young boy's pride while she tend to the more simple matter of getting him cleaned up. After lifting Bishop up onto the edge of the table, Belva quietly wandered off into the kitchen portion of their room and retrieved a damp cloth to which she gently pressed to his skin to wipe away the dirt and blood that had collected above his upper lip. He winced briefly before looking up at Alexander cautiously. "I'm sorry. I know you said not to run off. But I wanted to surprise you. And the baker gave it to me for one coin. Guess it pays to be a beggar, huh?" Belva couldn't help but grin at the latter part of his statement before deciding that a quick wipe of the face alone wouldn't be enough. "Here I think you should go get cleaned in the wash room so that we can have a better look at that bruise. Maybe we can get you some new clothes later. Have you in something comfortable and light. Would that be alright?"

Bishop nodded and hopped off the table before running for the wash room only to turn back and smile towards Alexander before vanishing around the corner. "Goblins! That's my new excuse. I was attacked by a group of wretched, wart infested goblins. They eat horses you know. But don't worry. I did rather well in fending them off. Nope, won't see them any time soon!" There was something in his tone that spoke of untold pride. In truth Bishop wanted nothing more than to look as brave as his comrades and in telling them he had been beaten by a pack of kids older than himself he feared losing any respect the men had for him. "..... Quite crafty, that one." Belva whispered before turning to the three men and eyed them with an amused smile. "I don't think there was ever mention of goblins in Kincade if I recall correctly...." Walking over towards the lock that had been carelessly snapped off by the latter of the two, she raised a brow curiously and raised it towards them. "You know, it's impolite to barge in on someone. Especially when those someone's happen to be a wedded couple and their pleasant, young, son who seems to be the only one ready to bring home the bread in the morning. That aside, might I ask what it was you were fighting over?" She said with a sigh and propped her head up onto the palm of her hand as she sat at the table.

She was feeling rather unusual today and couldn't assert herself the ways she felt she should Her smart remarks were all she had in attempting to act as if last night hadn't happened at all. And to be honest, she was rather concerned for Bishop as well. The boy was brave. But he was young and didn't know how to work his way through unfamiliar surroundings. This wasn't Sonitus. And should someone discover his ability... She simply thought it wasn't safe for him to be wandering off alone. "So... what do we have in store for today?" She rubbed away at her temples and shut her eyes, praying that all that was running through her mind would simply evaporate whilst she distracted herself with something more productive.

User Image
        User Image

Alexander was not particularly happy with the fact that Bishop was blatantly lying to him. For what reason, he couldn't be sure. At least not until he went rushing out of the room mentioning horse eating Goblins.

Belva had wanted him to clean up, and he agreed that the boy was in need of some new clothing. Then again, he doubted a child would appreciate such a thing, especially since they seemed to love getting themselves stained with dirt and blood. Still, there was something about the way the boy spoke that almost made the elf smile. It seemed that the unexpected call of adventure was making Bishop want to become a fearless hero.

Alexander assumed he had run into a bunch of no good kids on his way out. He hoped that they hadn't taken his pouch. Perhaps the baker had witness as much, and felt bad for him-- deciding to give him food for only a single coin. Whatever the case, Silas and Phineus didn't seem to care much. The two broke bread silently, and started to eat, but didn't speak to one another.

It was then, that Alexander realized that whatever the problem was, it was serious. He had never in all the years they had been together seen them at odds. Luckily, Belva broke the ice first. She wore a cheery disposition, but he knew she was grieving inside. Still, there was no need to bring up her lost brother again. What was done, was done.

"Out with it!" Alexander growled reached down for the back of one of the wooden chairs. He picked it, and slammed it down to get their attention. Both men looked up from their meal wide eyed; they exchanged glances and then Silas spoke up. His voice was barely above a whisper, and it was obvious that neither really wanted to disgust this with him around.

"Well, I think I saw my mother."

Phineus huffed at the table like a horse trapped in a stable. "Useless wench!" The half-giant immediately regretted his words in front of the Queen and glanced at her apologetically. "Not you, your Majesty."

Alexander would have said something rude just then, but decided to give Belva the time she needed to grieve, without him making it worse.

"But before I could reach her, she was gone."

"It seems he has forgotten the fact that our mother sent our Kingdom into ruin! Silas was forced to part from me with his father. And she was exiled! I lost my throne. Whether it was her, or a shadow in the distance, it matters not to me. We didn't need her then, and we don't need her now."

Alexander could see the fire in his companion's eyes. Phineus had always thought that he and Silas shared a father, until he realized he was not a wizard, but a giant in his late teenage years. The father he had always known, rejected him and took his brother away. And when his mother, Rochelle, became an outcast, so did he. "Actually, we might." Alexander spoke up, having a seat in the chair he had clenched in his rough hands.

"What do you mean?" Silas asked curiously.

Alexander reached out and took a bun from the table. He took a bite and savored it for a moment, then lifted his gaze. "She came to me last night and spoke to me about a way to get the witch Olivera on our side."

"And how in the name of the gods did she know we were looking for her?" Phineus spat.

"She was following you..."

"Yes, in the shadows, like a coward."

"What did she say?" Silas asked.

"We will need to get water from a Kingdom called Oasis. It will reverse the effects of dark magic and make Olivera presentable to the King whose 'eart she pines for."

Phineus shook his head. "We can't trust her."

"We 'ave no else we can trust." Alexander said firmly. "We leave in a 'our." He stood abruptly wanting no more talk of family. It brought back too many memories he had spent years of his life suppressing. The elf turned from the table and placed a hand on Belva's shoulder. "Bring the kid to the stable when you are prepared to leave. I believe I saw a clothing shop downstairs." With that, he left the room; taking his newly acquired sword from the pile, broken lock and all, to retrieve their horses.

When he was gone, Silas looked at Belva curiously. "He is being awfully peculiar...today." He hoped she hadn't told Alexander his secret.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

B
                                                                          elva watched carefully as the two men preoccupied themselves with their bread and only did they respond upon witnessing Alexander's oh so persuasive demeanor. The men were pressed to talk and talk they did, revealing that Silas had reason to suspect that he'd seen his mother. Belva tried to recall any information he might have said about the woman the night before but came to realize he had said nothing of the sort, nor did he mention how Alexander and he came across Phineus. At first the queen had assumed it had been during their own travels but it was here that she stood corrected. Upon mentioning the woman who birthed him however, Phineus grew outraged and spoke in a tone she hadn't seen him use throughout all their time together. To be honest the sudden outburst was startling and Belva jumped slightly as soon as the words left his lips. The shocked expression however was quickly turned into laughter as Phineus quickly apologized, thinking she may have taken offense towards such words. "It's fine Phineus, pay no mind to me. I'm merely here for support. And to carry a very heavy book." As the conversation continued to unravel Belva was able to piece together that it wasn't just Alexander who shared some sort of bond with Silas, but Phineus as well. The two shared a mother and Phineus' clear disdain for the mother was the source of their argument as it would seem that Silas was far more interested in getting into contact with her. Never in all her life had she come across such a band of troubled souls. Belva didn't even know where to begin.

It was around this time that Alexander announced a secret of his own. Silas hadn't been the only one to catch sight of their mother. It would seem that she had stopped by to talk to the elf as well and revealed a way to use the witch, Olivera, to progress. The sound of the woman's name was enough to cause Belva to stiffen, but not much else as she had promised to keep the secret to herself. Still she couldn't help but wonder if Phineus was right about not being able to trust her. How were they to think that such a small solution could do such wonders as being able to use a powerful witch, responsible for imprisoning thousands of lives and cursing hundreds more, could be used for a better good. Then again one could say just as much of the book.... But Belva was beginning to learn that there was no good in questioning Alexander's tactics as it would get them no where but into an argument. And right now that was the last thing she felt like doing after the night before. "Hm? Oh.... yes, of course." She said quietly and watched as Alexander parted ways, his hand leaving her shoulder. Despite how cruel Olivera had been in taking Alexander's heart, Belva was beginning to think that there was something in there that fought to be able to feel despite his curse. It may have been little and without large consequence, but it was there nonetheless. She could only wonder how long this kindness would come to last. But it was apparent that such thoughts weren't on her mind alone. "He is being awfully peculiar...today." The suggestion alone was there and Belva couldn't help but look up cautiously and shake her head before blessing her face with a smile. "You would be too if you spent the night in a room alone with the queen of a faltering kingdom and a young boy gifted in insight. Who may I remind you went an awfully long way to get you breakfast. So please, eat your fill and let it not go to waste. I will see the both of you shortly. I have a child to take care of."

She hadn't noticed it but the latter of her sentence put a glimmer in her eye. Even during such heartache she could not deny her motherly instincts and waited patiently for Bishop to return before going through the trouble of grooming his hair and carrying him down to the clothes shop where they quickly put something together for him that would be more suitable for his journey. Once they were finished she lifted the child into her arms once more and carried him to the stables where the both of them happily revealed the young man's new attire. "Look! The shop keeper said I'd be able to run about much faster now! See my boots?" He asked as Belva put him down so that he might run Alexander's way. "And we agreed on what........?" She asked bishop gently to which he pursed his lips as if he had to think of what it was that she wanted to hear before smiling brightly. "That I will run as I please so long as I have permission. I promise not to run off anymore...... unless it's really really important." Belva sighed and shook her head but didn't hesitate to smile as she walked over and tightened the boys leather pack onto his back, placing a book resembling that of the one he'd been so drawn to inside the inn inside of it beside his belongings. She'd purchased this as a gift for him as well but held a finger up to her lips in hopes that the men would not spoil the surprise for him until they came to a time where he would need to open it and find what was hidden within. And that wasn't the only spare item she'd purchased.

Belva took care in approaching Alexander but there was a sureness about her that hadn't been expected when dealing with the man. Before she said anything, she revealed an intricate dagger carved from the darkest stone Kincade had to offer. She felt as if the theme of it was fitting enough... and.... well if it wasn't.... "This is.... for being less of an a** than usual. You get one stab so I'd make it count." She jested but wasn't sure just how serious the man would take it. Either way, she could feel her shoulder tensing as she thought of what it must have felt like to have been wounded without so much as a warning before hand. Such a thought was puzzling as she wasn't quite sure what she thought of Alexander anymore. He was her captor, yes, but he had no desire to harm her...... well.... almost. That was still put in question at times and she didn't see an end to that coming any time soon.

User Image
        User Image

Alexander did not spend all his time in the stables. He went and purchased himself a bag across the street with one of the merchants; who was far more interested in buying then selling. The man's eyes were drawn to the necklace that Alexander wore around his neck. And the more he gawked at the piece of jewelry, the more and more he wanted to simply take it off and let him have it. Perhaps he thought it was worth something?

The elf, however, was superstitious and believed that this necklace was the answer to the prayer he made one night while in his despair, over the loss of his beloved sister. When he woke that morning, the pain was gone, and this very chain was around his neck. He believed it was a symbol of things to come. And a way to remember that the past was in the past. It was often hard to leave it there, or at least it had been, until that day.

He was grateful for the answer, even if he didn't abide by the rules of good and evil. Alexander believed he was merely a man, part human, part magical creature-- he was neither favorable or atrocious. If his past had taught him anything, it was that being good all your life, didn't mean good things for the future. In Rivdar, he had been a valiant Prince, and yet, had a father that was never home, a whore of a mother, and a disastrous childhood.

In the end, his sister had paid the price for all their sin. So now, he was to live as he wanted-- a free spirit. "Do you like that son? I'd be willin' to make ye a trade. The necklace fer the pin." Alexander didn't know why he was gazing upon the hair pin with such intent. He hadn't even realized that his eyes had been focused on anything in particular, as he was so deep in thought.

"No. I'm not."

"Ah! Come on sonny. You don't have a lovely wife back home. Women love this kind of stuff. Forget the necklace! I'll give it to ye fer a few coins." This man was awfully persistent. And Alexander didn't have the time for an argument, nor was he in his normally brooding mood. So, he tossed a few coin from his pocket onto the table and snatched up the trinket before putting it into his pocket.

After departing from that table, he walked into a nearby shop and purchased a uniform right off the rack-- as is. He wouldn't be wearing it now, but he certainly couldn't go another day without a change of clothing. Alexander also purchased Bishop and Belva a new cloak as well. The Queen's was navy-- as was the one he cut from her body back in Sonitus. There was no telling how terrible the weather would be, and wanted them to keep from getting sick and slowing the group down.

Unfortunately, it seemed Silas and Phineus had the same idea. He hurried from the store, hearing their bickering back and forth from a mile away with his bag full of new attire. Belva's cloak he held in hand, and slipped the pin he had bought her into the pocket. He would simply say that it came along with the purchase, and make no nevermind out of the situation.

Alexander rounded the corner of the Inn and came to the wooden stable where the horses were kept. The ground was sprinkled with hay and he had to admit that he had never seen Hermes so happy. He patted his snout and turned, just as Bishop and Belva came to greet him. Alexander was surprised when Bishop shouted, leaving him with a ghost of a smile as he knelt down and removed the boy's gray vest.

"I think the woman may 'ave went a bit far with this." He grumbled, dropping his bag to the ground and putting the garment inside. That is, after Belva had secured the child's pack with a few things that Alexander hoped would keep the boy entertained. And after that, he went scurrying off to see the horses.

The elf stood, his eyes on the Queen as she approached. She held something in her hands that made the wound in his back ache. He wondered if she was prepare to put this one through his heart. But instead, she offered it to him. It seemed she wanted to thank him for his kindness, by allowing him to stab her. Or perhaps she was teasing, he couldn't discern.

"Right..." He cleared his throat, although there was nothing in there. "Albeit, I don't think I'll be killing you in front of the boy. But I'll 'old onto it, just in case I change my mind." Alexander took it from her, but felt his face heating up for some strange reason. Perhaps it was the awkwardness of the situation; he wasn't sure. He hadn't actually been on the receiving end of a gift for some time now.

"This is for you." Smoothly he let the material fall down his arm and held the cloak up to her with his free hand. "I 'ope it fits. I think you may 'ave lost some weight." Two could play the game of jesting. "Perhaps one day, you'll have my womanly figure..." Alexander grinned down at her devilishly.

It was then that Silas and Phineus entered the stable, both still bickering over their mothers sudden appearance. "Oh give it a rest!" Alexander spat moving past Belva after she had taken her cloak. Both men were attired in new clothing-- much more apt for travel.

"Give me the canister." He approached Silas and held out his hand. Once he had it in his palm, he removed the top and pulled out the parchment. The elf briefly looked over the map, then placed it back inside it's holder and gave it back to his companion. "Let's go."

He found Bishop with Hermes and put him on the back of the Stallion, then secured his bag, and took the horse by the reins outside the stable. Alexander then mounted it and took off, leading the way.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

B
                                                                          elva was rather surprised that he'd been so easy to go along with her joke as well as relieved that it was only that much. Whether this was his way of being sympathetic for her after the loss of Thalassa was of no consequence. Whatever the reason, she was pleased. Her initial surprise had yet to subside and if anything it grew more intense as he too presented her with something. A cloak that was a dark shade of blue, mimicking that of the one she'd worn when Alexander and her had first been.... 'introduced'. The man went about making his own brief comical remark to which she could only laugh as he decided to go as far as to even poke a bit of fun at himself, mentioning his womanly figure. "Should I only be so lucky. Thank you..." She responded as she slipped the fabric over her shoulders and immediately felt much more secure in the garment. However upon slipping her hand into her pocket, she discovered something else as well. It was rather beautiful and Belva found herself almost dazed by the object before realizing that she was smiling like a fool. Carefully, placing it in her hair, she joined the others as they went about loading their belongings onto the horses, situating themselves, and preparing for the ride ahead. She smiled over at Bishop who was as happy as could be sitting atop Hermes with Alexander close by. And before she knew it they were taking off down the streets of Kincade and heading towards their next destination.

The ride out of Kincade was a long and tiresome one and by the time they'd reached the woods all the excitement of the day had seemed to die down as they unpacked their belongings and set up camp. The trees were thick around them and the sky was as clear as ever, allowing the stars to shine down upon them. Belva had seen such a view many times in her and Daemos home but it hadn't quite the affect it did now. It was a spectacular display of beauty. Something that couldn't be replicated no matter what the amount of magic one possessed. Multiple times Belva found herself stopping in the middle of helping to set up her tent only to be distracted by the lights above before the sound of Phineus clearing his throat followed by a low chuckle brought her back to her senses. When all was said and done she found herself in a decent sized tent that would serve to do its purpose and protect her from the elements. Bishop's tent was located directly next to hers as was requested should he fear sleeping alone sometime during the night. She knew the lack of her own children was having an affect on how she treated Bishop and was well aware that she was rather doting when it came to the child. But it could not be helped. It was almost as if some unworldly force had taken over and pushed her into the position of motherly instinct without so much as a second thought. It was the oddest thing..... "Huh? H-Hey!" Upon hearing the excited shout she knew that the boy had found the book and it wasn't long before he ran through the open flap of her tent and slammed into her with open arms before planting a kiss on her cheek. "Thank you Belva." He said with a smile and jumped up just as quickly as he came in and ran back out into the open. She pondered what it was the boy was up to but as she heard the sound of fabric ruffling she knew that he had found his way into Alexander's tent to do the same. "And thank you Alexander!"

When the boy had his fill of smothering the elf he made his way back out in the open in front of the campfire and sat down. "I've never been camping before." He said with a grin to which Belva nodded in agreement. "Nor have I. It's beautiful isn't it?" Bishop stared into the flame and she could see the burning logs reflecting in his pupils as he expressed nothing more than child like glee. "It is. And I've never seen a fire so big and.... free." It was a peculiar thing to say in reference to a fire but accepted nonetheless. Belva sprawled out in her tent with her new cloak draped over her and her hood flopped down the majority of her face, soaking in the light of the fire along with the heat it gave off as she observed the others. Looking at them from her point of view, it almost looked natural. Strange, given the variety of people, but natural nonetheless. It hadn't struck her until then that these men.... and this child..... would be the people she spent the most time with for gods knew how long it took for them to reach the keeper. And how they behaved now would be a mere preview of how they would cope around one another for now on. "Bishop, careful you don't get too close to the fire okay?" Oh, there it was again. "I will, I promise."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff