Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've been sort of out of the A Knot loophole lately (as with all Japanese music tbh), but nonetheless I'm super stoked for their new single.
The preview sounds amazing.
Hopefully Kyo's been taking care of his throat;; poor guy.

O.G. Rabbit

--ifnt
I've been sort of out of the A Knot loophole lately (as with all Japanese music tbh), but nonetheless I'm super stoked for their new single.
The preview sounds amazing.
Hopefully Kyo's been taking care of his throat;; poor guy.

As I've said before, I think his decision to sing Rinkaku in his higher register is proof that he's trying not to strain his throat too much. Granted, hitting those high notes is almost as difficult as continuously growl/screaming for an entire song, albeit less taxing.

I think Dir en grey is the only band that still keeps me interested in Japanese music, tbh. My only other investment is in UNDERCODE because Kisaki heart but I think they're like... liquidating or something.

Tipsy Kitten

So I heard Rinkaku in my dream. No words, just the melody from the first preview.
K y o F o o c h a
Mblaq-Rose
K y o F o o c h a
Mblaq-Rose
K y o F o o c h a
Mblaq-Rose

Yeah I've noticed that. The first two years i wore a skirt last year I said hell no and wore jeans. But yea, I am planning on coming back since it's either that or go to Dallas. And I'm going to Dallas for A-Kon 24 (anime convention) this summer I went last summer.

Oh man, the drive to Texas is hellish....
I drove from the middle of Colorado where I live, to Houston, Texas to see Miyavi play at Anime Matsuri a few years back. It was 18 hours of super boring-ness on the road.... @___@;;; I don't know if i could do it again..

How was A-kon last year?...

Well it was my first time going, but it was great. Ayabie and OZ preformed there, it was actually their first time playing in North America. This year they have Exist Trace (I believe is the name) coming and that is the only confirmation. They are a female visual Kei group. Id love it if Diru went there........

Oh man..I'd be tempted to go see Exist Trace. My boyfriend likes that band, and the vocalist is pretty badass. And I love a couple of songs from Ayabie and OZ as well....
I should try and make it down there some year if they keep booking Jrock bands.

My dream would be to see either Deathgaze or Girugamesh live, now. They're my 2nd and 3rd favorite bands. Would be amazing to see a Dir en Grey show with the three of them. I'd probably have a heart attack. Did you get to see Dir en Grey the last 3 times they were in Colorado?

Yeah I saw them the last three times they were in Colorado. And I love Girugamesh!! You should come to A-Kon this year and see them. My friend and I are going again and we already booked our room and are pre-ordering our passes.

Nice! And by see, I meant the word "meet". Sorry about that.... Have you ever gotten to meet and greet the band members?

Girugamesh is fantaaaastic. I love their personalities as people, and their music never fails to impress me, for real. They're one of those Jrock bands that has such a nice, unforgiving, solid style. Aaaah, I'd love to come to A-Kon...

I wonder if I'd be able to scrounge up they money for con tickets and money to either drive out there or arrive by plane. But then there's the money to feed myself and the money for a hotel...hmm.. Well, I'll have to look at the costs... and..uhh....get a job, too...that would help, wouldn't it? xD I'm lacking one of those at the moment.

A-Kon seems..like it's probably a huge convention, is it not? The biggest we have in Colorado is Nan Desu Kan, which is the biggest convention in the midwest...but....I dont think it's as big as A-kon. ;o

No, I've never been to a meet ad greet. I told myself when they toured next time, I would do it.

A-Kon is pretty big, it's going to be at the Dallas Hilton Anatole this year which is apparently and even bigger convention center than the Sheraton. The rooms are expensive, so far it's my friend and her sister and I. We booked a double queen (2 queens) and it is like $185 per night. We are going to check-in thursday (the day before) and check-out sunday morning (the last day since there isn't that much to do anyways). So it's almost $600 for the whole stay (since there's 3 so far $200 per person right now) SO it's not too bad and if you pre-reg it's like $40 for a weekend pass and all.

A-Kon 24 <check it out!

In a relationship with akanemutt13

Magical Girl

K y o F o o c h a
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
K y o F o o c h a
Hngh. I hope I don't sound selfish saying this, but I'm not as excited about their new video as maybe some of you guys are. I'm curious to see the continued art style, and what's going to be in the video...

But...I mean, I've missed seeing Dir en Grey do things in person for awhile.
It would have been nice to see a beautiful PV to go along with such a pretty sounding song.
Kind of like Vinushka's? I envisioned actually seeing the band move around and play to the song, or something. Not....black and white drawings of mushy sludge.

But hey, I cant really complain. I'm still thrilled about the new single.
I look forward to seeing what events and things they have next.
Would be nice to have another Colorado show on a North American tour lined up..

I'm with you on that but in a completely different way.

Oh? How so?

I'm selfishly not as psyched. I want more of a "kill people burn s**t ******** you" kinda sound. Rinkaku sounds great so far and I love it but I really am more excited to hear kiri to mayu

Magical Girl

Toki Bird
OMG please someone translate this pleaseeeeee

User Image

I can't translate all of it but I saw something odd, Kyo is written in hirigana rather than kanji it has been bothering me lately, We spell it Kyo きょ however in this little strip it's kyouきょう further more to write the kanji for it on a pc you need that u to get 京. So why is it that everywhere it's written Kyo? O_o totally weird imo

O.G. Rabbit

Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Toki Bird

User Image

I can't translate all of it but I saw something odd, Kyo is written in hirigana rather than kanji it has been bothering me lately, We spell it Kyo きょ however in this little strip it's kyouきょう further more to write the kanji for it on a pc you need that u to get 京. So why is it that everywhere it's written Kyo? O_o totally weird imo

Adding the 'う' at the end elongates the last vowel in Japanese, otherwise it would just be a very brief "o" sound. Since 'OU' in English implies that there's an actual 'u' sound after the 'o,' it's left off of most romanizations since English speakers aren't going to shorten that last vowel to begin with.

At least... that's my guess after taking Japanese for some years. I think it's just easier for most people to read and understand the sound.

Magical Girl

~shalle~la~rilla~
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Toki Bird

User Image

Adding the 'う' at the end elongates the last vowel in Japanese, otherwise it would just be a very brief "o" sound. Since 'OU' in English implies that there's an actual 'u' sound after the 'o,' it's left off of most romanizations since English speakers aren't going to shorten that last vowel to begin with.

At least... that's my guess after taking Japanese for some years. I think it's just easier for most people to read and understand the sound.

I only took japanese 1 and 2 in college and that was like 2 years ago so yeah I guess you're probably right, still gets to me though

Tipsy Kitten

Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
me years. I think it's just easier for most people to read and understand the sound.

I only took japanese 1 and 2 in college and that was like 2 years ago so yeah I guess you're probably right, still gets to me though

How old are you?

Magical Girl

Toki Bird
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
me years. I think it's just easier for most people to read and understand the sound.

How old are you?
jyuukyusai desu

Tipsy Kitten

Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Toki Bird
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D

How old are you?

jyuukyusai desu

Engrish pwease

Magical Girl

Toki Bird
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Toki Bird
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D

How old are you?

jyuukyusai desu

Engrish pwease

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
oh my god what is even going on here anymore

Tipsy Kitten

On the first day of Christmas
Diru gave to me:
A fan girl stuck in a Pear Tree

On the second day of Christmas
Diru gave to me:
2 Sexy guitarists
and a fan girl stuck in a Pear Tree

On the third day of Christmas
Diru gave to me:
3 Maxi singles
2 Sexy guitarists

On the fourth day of Christmas
Diru gave to me:
4 tour stops
3 Maxi singles
2 Sexy guitarists

On the fifth day of Christmas
Diru gave to me:
5 golden starsssssss
4 Tour stops
3 Maxi singles
2 Sexy guitarists

On the sixth day of Christmas
Diru gave to me:
6 live DVDs
5 Golden stars
4 Tour stops
3 Maxi singles
2 Sexy guitarists
and a Fan girl stuck in a Pear Tree

On the seventh day of Christmas
Diru gave to me:
7 slaving roadies
6 Live DVDs
5 Golden stars
4 Tour stops
3 Maxi singles
2 Sexy guitarists

On the eighth day of Christmas
Diru gave to me:
8 Studio albums
7 Slaving roadies
6 Live DVDs
5 Golden stars
4 Tour stops
3 Maxi singles
2 Sexy guitarists

On the ninth day of Christmas
Diru gave to me:
9 Foreign festivals
8 Studio albums
7 Slaving roadies
6 Live DVDs
5 Golden Stars
4 Tour stops
3 Maxi singles
2 Sexy guitarists

On the tenth day of Christmas
Diru gave to me:
10 Famous photos
9 Foreign festivals
8 Studio albums
7 Slaving roadies
6 Live DVDs
5 Golden Stars
4 Tour stops
3 Maxi singles
2 Sexy guitarists

On the eleventh day of Christmas
Diru gave to me:
11 cover shoots
10 Famous photos
9 Foreign festivals
8 Studio albums
7 Slaving roadies
6 Live DVDs
5 Golden Stars
4 Tour stops
3 Maxi singles
2 Sexy guitarists

On the first day of Christmas
Diru gave to me:
12 Sold out shows
11 cover shoots
10 Famous photos
9 Foreign festivals
8 Studio albums
7 Slaving roadies
6 Live DVDs
5 Golden Stars
4 Tour stops
3 Maxi singles
2 Sexy guitarists

I got creative today.

Distinct Genius

iDiru
oh my god what is even going on here anymore

I was wondering when you where gonna come back. (Don't take that in a creepy way)

Toki Bird

Haha, I love it!!!! emotion_yatta

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas