Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Quote:
"She didn't kill herself, the people that picked on her and treated her like crap and wouldn't accept her, they killed her."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2112933/Eden-Wormer-Last-words-tragic-schoolgirl-14-hanged-relentless-bullying.html#ixzz1olzzcaJX

Quote:
'I love you Daddy, goodnight': Last words of tragic schoolgirl, 14, who hanged herself after enduring 'two years of relentless bullying' by her classmates

A 14-year-old schoolgirl has hanged herself after enduring two years of relentless bullying by her female classmates.
Eden Wormer, an eighth grade student at Cascade Middle School in Vancouver, Washington, committed suicide on Wednesday after her efforts at trying to fit in failed.
Her older sister Audri said Eden changed her appearance several times, dying her hair, tanning and getting contact lenses, to get the girls to stop harassing her.

Young people, when is this going to end?
When will YOU stand up & say... "no more"?
RL trolls (bullies) are plucking you off one by one.

My heart breaks for these teens ... not just the ones who have actually taken their lives, but for those who are living with the torment of bullying.

Teachers can't stop this madness.
It has to be YOU!! These kids need their peers!!
You have to stand up & stand between the bullies & their victims.
You may just save a life.

A few responses to this tragedy were..

Quote:
Those responsible should definitely be named, so that people in their community know exactly who they are.

Quote:
Sad to say, these bullies will probably not lose a moment's sleep over this. In their minds they've done nothing wrong... they'll say it was all a joke, and will blame the victim because she didn't find it funny. They'll twist things so that it's HER fault, not THEIRS.

Quote:
I hope the consciences of those that bullied her haunts them for the rest of their lives. It's about time that bullies are locked up and punished for their crimes. The suicide rates of the victims of bullying, particularly the children at the moment, is increasing significantly....Honestly, how many people have to die before this is taken seriously???

I am the mom of a teenage girl who has been bullied since elementary school.
She is now in 11th grade & her world has become so dark and sad.
Everyone knows what she goes through.... teachers all act supportive yet nothing is ever done to stop it.
Every single day a handful of students set out to shame her.
Is there nothing that can be done?
The only thing left for us is to pull her out of school... WHY should she not get an education because bullies don't know how to behave?

What is a parent to do?
Every year it's the same thing... the same complaints get filed... the same students get named.
New students (underclassmen) join in on the teasing to try to "fit in".....

How do you arm a child against bullies?
My daughter won't verbally lash out at them & risk hurting them.
She says "i know how it feels to be hurt & humiliated, I can't do that to anyone".

11th grade.. one more school year & she has yet to have one year free of daily harassment.
She has given up.
No longer cares about her appearance.
No longer cares about her education.
No longer cares about anything.
It's like someone blew out her candle.
Yes she's in therapy now.... but why does it have to come to that?
Why are so many teenagers so cruel?
Why is it ok to destroy the lives of peers just for giggles?

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
wafflecopper

You realize you just lowered the collective IQ of bronies around the world!!

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
wafflecopper
stormylane
wafflecopper

Trolls will be trolls.

Typical

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
wafflecopper
stormylane
wafflecopper
stormylane
wafflecopper

Trolls will be trolls.

Typical

Fail

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
wafflecopper
stormylane
wafflecopper
stormylane
wafflecopper

Trolls will be trolls.

Typical

Fail

Keep it up, I really don't mind.
Your just bumping up the thread.

Doing my work for me.

Thanks

Questionable Borg

stormylane
Quote:
"She didn't kill herself, the people that picked on her and treated her like crap and wouldn't accept her, they killed her."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2112933/Eden-Wormer-Last-words-tragic-schoolgirl-14-hanged-relentless-bullying.html#ixzz1olzzcaJX

Quote:
'I love you Daddy, goodnight': Last words of tragic schoolgirl, 14, who hanged herself after enduring 'two years of relentless bullying' by her classmates

A 14-year-old schoolgirl has hanged herself after enduring two years of relentless bullying by her female classmates.
Eden Wormer, an eighth grade student at Cascade Middle School in Vancouver, Washington, committed suicide on Wednesday after her efforts at trying to fit in failed.
Her older sister Audri said Eden changed her appearance several times, dying her hair, tanning and getting contact lenses, to get the girls to stop harassing her.

Young people, when is this going to end?
When will YOU stand up & say... "no more"?
RL trolls (bullies) are plucking you off one by one.

My heart breaks for these teens ... not just the ones who have actually taken their lives, but for those who are living with the torment of bullying.

Teachers can't stop this madness.
It has to be YOU!! These kids need their peers!!
You have to stand up & stand between the bullies & their victims.
You may just save a life.

A few responses to this tragedy were..

Quote:
Those responsible should definitely be named, so that people in their community know exactly who they are.

Quote:
Sad to say, these bullies will probably not lose a moment's sleep over this. In their minds they've done nothing wrong... they'll say it was all a joke, and will blame the victim because she didn't find it funny. They'll twist things so that it's HER fault, not THEIRS.

Quote:
I hope the consciences of those that bullied her haunts them for the rest of their lives. It's about time that bullies are locked up and punished for their crimes. The suicide rates of the victims of bullying, particularly the children at the moment, is increasing significantly....Honestly, how many people have to die before this is taken seriously???

I am the mom of a teenage girl who has been bullied since elementary school.
She is now in 11th grade & her world has become so dark and sad.
Everyone knows what she goes through.... teachers all act supportive yet nothing is ever done to stop it.
Every single day a handful of students set out to shame her.
Is there nothing that can be done?
The only thing left for us is to pull her out of school... WHY should she not get an education because bullies don't know how to behave?

What is a parent to do?
Every year it's the same thing... the same complaints get filed... the same students get named.
New students (underclassmen) join in on the teasing to try to "fit in".....

How do you arm a child against bullies?
My daughter won't verbally lash out at them & risk hurting them.
She says "i know how it feels to be hurt & humiliated, I can't do that to anyone".

11th grade.. one more school year & she has yet to have one year free of daily harassment.
She has given up.
No longer cares about her appearance.
No longer cares about her education.
No longer cares about anything.
It's like someone blew out her candle.
Yes she's in therapy now.... but why does it have to come to that?
Why are so many teenagers so cruel?
Why is it ok to destroy the lives of peers just for giggles?
"Teacher's can't do anything." - I currently teach at a daycare, where I teach the pre-k kids, in the afternoon. I would say a lot of it, is on the teacher's hands. I don't let my children bully each other, and if they do the approriate punishment is handed out. Granted, it's usually just a few minutes in time out, and forced "I'm sorry." but I didn't realize just how affective time out can be until I started working with kids. I think teachers are too afraid of stepping on parents toes, that they can't discipline.

Questionable Borg

stormylane
wafflecopper
stormylane
wafflecopper

Trolls will be trolls.

Typical
Trolls die if you don't feed them.

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
@ Mayor Gravity ... I do agree it is best to n** it in the bud at an early age and maybe the inner bully is never actually born.

It doesn't do anything for the bully who has reached high school & has left a handful of victims in his wake.
Teachers can't be everywhere, they can't hear everything.
And they can't take one students word over another unless there is a witness.
Too often the "bully" has a dozen "friends" who will gladly lie for him/her & deny an encounter ever happened.

Children need to be taught that THEY need to refuse to allow bully behavior in their schools.
Our school has a zero tolerance for bullying.
What a joke that is.

I for one am all for making bullying a criminal offence or an act of terror, punishable by real jail time.

Questionable Borg

stormylane
@ Mayor Gravity ... I do agree it is best to n** it in the bud at an early age and maybe the inner bully is never actually born.

It doesn't do anything for the bully who has reached high school & has left a handful of victims in his wake.
Teachers can't be everywhere, they can't hear everything.
And they can't take one students word over another unless there is a witness.
Too often the "bully" has a dozen "friends" who will gladly lie for him/her & deny an encounter ever happened.

Children need to be taught that THEY need to refuse to allow bully behavior in their schools.
Our school has a zero tolerance for bullying.
What a joke that is.

I for one am all for making bullying a criminal offence or an act of terror, punishable by real jail time.
Make sure to quote, I don't know if I would have seen this had I not been looking at a previous post by our resident troll.

I don't know if my school had a zero tolerance policy or not, I would assume so, because most school do nowadays, I was bullied in elementary school, until in when I was 11 years old some guy made fun of my "boyfriend", and I shoved him...I didn't even shove him hard enough to knock him down, but it musta gotten the message across.

and in middle school and high school....everyone knew...to be frank, I just didn't give a s**t, and I wasn't going to be bothered by anything. That's not a cop out, it takes A LOT to bother me. So, the bullies never bothered me. Because I didn't give them attention.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff