Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Hunter

mitsukai123
Dardanos Immortalis
mitsukai123

So yes being called pansey***ed was bullying and using that type of language in front of a class room shouldn't have been acceptable for highschool students. So where were the teachers when this was happening??

Then you clearly know nothing of modern teenagers.

I work with them every day!
What i am trying to say though they shouldn't have a speaker who uses that language on stage trying to "teach" them because i know if they start using that language in that profession they would be fired on the spot!

Teenagers aren't idiots. They know when not to use bad language. Its common sense.

Bad language is only bad language because people treat it as such.

And pansy-assed is NOT bad language.
Dardanos Immortalis
mitsukai123
Dardanos Immortalis
mitsukai123

So yes being called pansey***ed was bullying and using that type of language in front of a class room shouldn't have been acceptable for highschool students. So where were the teachers when this was happening??

What i am trying to say though they shouldn't have a speaker who uses that language on stage trying to "teach" them because i know if they start using that language in that profession they would be fired on the spot!

Teenagers aren't idiots. They know when not to use bad language. Its common sense.

I never said that teenagers are idiots. But sometimes they do let things slip just like any other person would. Plus by having someone on stage using that language in front of students gives the impression that you are aloud to use those words in their profession.

And yes you do have a point where people do make out words to be bad language. But being in a society that does consider pansey***ed being bad, i wouldn't be going up to my boss or teacher and calling them that if i were mad at them because you are either going to get suspended or written up for it. so yes pansey***ed is a bad word.

Hallowed Hunter

mitsukai123

I never said that teenagers are idiots. But sometimes they do let things slip just like any other person would. Plus by having someone on stage using that language in front of students gives the impression that you are aloud to use those words in their profession.

What profession? He's giving a speech against bullying. That's not his profession.
Teenagers know when not to use bad words. Sometimes they let one slip, but thats no different than the rest of us and unless their boss is a complete prude, they'll be none the worse for it.

mitsukai123
And yes you do have a point where people do make out words to be bad language. But being in a society that does consider pansey***ed being bad, i wouldn't be going up to my boss or teacher and calling them that if i were mad at them because you are either going to get suspended or written up for it. so yes pansey***ed is a bad word.

Who said anything about going up to your teacher and calling them pansy-assed? If they are going to insult their teacher, I assure you, pansy-assed is the last insult they would use. Every teenager is intimatly familiar with more or less every bad word out there. Heck, most of them even know several in other languages.
Sheltering them is not the answer. Nor is censoring the word 'a**'. Does it offend you so much? Really?
This is a new era. The older generation needs to stop trying to force their prudish ways on the teenagers of today.
You should really read from a less biased source. He didn't call the kids "pansies" he called their walk-out "pansy-assed." Then he apologized for that comment. The people calling this incident a case of bullying, don't know what bullying really is.

A lot of people are arguing that bullying queer people is okay because it's people practicing their religion. That BS needs to be called out.

12,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
"We can learn to ignore the bullsh*t in the Bible and what it says about gay people."

Okay, listen--firstly, he could have worded this a lot more tactfully. Second, he shouldn't be using the Bible to call out bigoted Christians--not because it's wrong for him to do so, but because the bigoted Christians aren't going to listen to him. What was he trying to accomplish by saying this?

Does Savage realize that now he has done this, more "Christians" will take his words as a green light to bully gays even more than before? ESPECIALLY if fox news covered this?

Oh, and now the Christians who went to his conference are probably now scared to be vocal about their acceptance for gays, because they felt scared and afraid for their own safeties--I wonder why that sounds so familiar?

Great! We were making so much progress, what with some churches hanging out signs with rainbows saying "All Are Welcome" to show their acceptance and tolerance of gays, to show that the "Christians" who are hating on gays are a vocal and violent minority and that our religion is not to blame for all the hatred. Hell, my university has a Christian group that goes around encouraging our fellow Christians that it's not going against the Bible to stand up for gay rights! ...and now this.

He could have handled this way better, but he didn't, and now his fellow gays are going to have to pay for it. Probably with blood, because people--not necessarily because of religion itself--but people are stupid.
yeah they better walk away those ignorant narrow-minded individuals >_>
I would've stood up and clapped.

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Dardanos Immortalis
mitsukai123
Dardanos Immortalis
mitsukai123

So calling a gay guy a limp wristed a** isn't bad language?

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
xxBo0kn3rdxx
"We can learn to ignore the bullsh*t in the Bible and what it says about gay people."

Okay, listen--firstly, he could have worded this a lot more tactfully. Second, he shouldn't be using the Bible to call out bigoted Christians--not because it's wrong for him to do so, but because the bigoted Christians aren't going to listen to him. What was he trying to accomplish by saying this?

Does Savage realize that now he has done this, more "Christians" will take his words as a green light to bully gays even more than before? ESPECIALLY if fox news covered this?

Oh, and now the Christians who went to his conference are probably now scared to be vocal about their acceptance for gays, because they felt scared and afraid for their own safeties--I wonder why that sounds so familiar?

Great! We were making so much progress, what with some churches hanging out signs with rainbows saying "All Are Welcome" to show their acceptance and tolerance of gays, to show that the "Christians" who are hating on gays are a vocal and violent minority and that our religion is not to blame for all the hatred. Hell, my university has a Christian group that goes around encouraging our fellow Christians that it's not going against the Bible to stand up for gay rights! ...and now this.

He could have handled this way better, but he didn't, and now his fellow gays are going to have to pay for it. Probably with blood, because people--not necessarily because of religion itself--but people are stupid.

I both agree and disagree with you.

I disagree that we're going to see a sudden backlash wave of more violence aimed at homosexuals based on Savage's words. Even if this is aired on Fox and viral on the net. To be honest, if there was going to be a backlash wave, I see it more aimed at Savage himself and not some innocent bystander.

That said, I do agree with mostly everything else you said. Savage was wrong in what he said. By singling out a group to lay sole blame for bullying on, he was acting like a bully. Christians are NOT the only group to bully kids in schools, and he should have talked about tolerance and helping people without putting labels and pointing fingers. That was a bad move on his part.

Also, I know for a fact that there are many Christians who are open and accepting to gays. Down the street from me used to be an all-gay church. They closed due to funding and merged with another church that was just as accepting, but they did exist. Think about that. A church made up of gay Christians. They followed the same Bible that Savage said is bullshit. I highly doubt they were out bullying homosexuals.

If I had been in that auditorium, I'd have walked out too. I'm Christian, and I am a firm believer that gays should be allowed to marry and be afforded all the legal rights and whatnots that I am afforded as a straight person. However, I will not sit by and be insulted by someone who thinks my religion and holy text make me a bad person, and this exactly the intent behind Savage's words.

Hallowed Hunter

stormylane

So calling a gay guy a limp wristed a** isn't bad language?

Using that as an insult would most likely result in a serious case of being laughed at.

I don't know why you're giving me a specific character. How is that relevant to whether of not it's bad language. And I'm not sure if donkey's even have wrists. But if they do, does that really offend you?

Hallowed Hunter

Fireweed_honey

That said, I do agree with mostly everything else you said. Savage was wrong in what he said. By singling out a group to lay sole blame for bullying on, he was acting like a bully.

He did what now? I must have missed the that part. Except I didn't, because it never happened.
The video is only of the part of his speech dealing with the bible. And even if his entire speech was just dealing with 'bible-bullying' as it were, that still wouldn't mean that he thought that Christians are the only bullies.

Fireweed_honey
Also, I know for a fact that there are many Christians who are open and accepting to gays.

I'm sure he does too. He certainly never said anything to the contrary.

Fireweed_honey
However, I will not sit by and be insulted by someone who thinks my religion and holy text make me a bad person, and this exactly the intent behind Savage's words.

Is it? All he said was that slavery and homophobia are bullshit. Are you insulted by that? Because the only people who should be insulted by it are pro-slavery homophobes.
INSANELY IRONIC, INSANELY HYPOCRITICAL

This man should be a comedian not a speaker. WHAT A FARCE!
Instead of talking the root problem, which is that people have different views and he should try and to find a solution that fits everyone, this idiot goes on a rampage and bullies these christian teens for their beliefs. This is just a joke.
Wait what happened? I get confused easily. o.O

Ovelia Atkascha's Husband

Not enough crackers to go around for the "Polly"s......I think a Pet Market somewhere is missing a ton of their parrots.......

Party Member

User Image

How is it hypocratic? /is a dbag

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out