Welcome to Gaia! ::

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I'm completely on that guy's side for that.

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Daphne Dono
I am proud of the teens that walked out, all he was doing was giving a hate speech and that is wrong.

Yes, because pointing out holes in Christianity is horrible and hateful and should never be done ever again.
neutral

Romantic Cat

13,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Detective Joe Delahoy
As a Christian, I was less offended that he brought up the anti-gay parts of the bible. I more mad that he said most of his stuff out of context. Yes, the bible states that homosexuality is a sin, but once the new testament times come into the picture, it is very clear that persecuting those who are gay is just a big a sin as actually being gay. Also, the rules about the woman who wasn't a virgin before she was married was all old testament. And anybody who's actually read the bible knows that things changed after the coming of the messiah. Also, if one were to read Romans, Paul makes it clear to love your fellow man, be he Jew, Gentile, clean or unclean. Instead of picking the easy target of the Bible isn't the answer to stop the misconceptions; it's going after the radical Christian groups that approve of manipulating the bible to say what they want, the same way Savage did.

tldr; Savage paraphrased so he could claim the bible is a gay-bashing fiction book, when it's actually quite the contrary.
^ This so much

Him calling stuff in the Bible bull**** is what bothered me a lot too.
I hate how he starts it off super casual like it's something unimportant but you can tell he's gonna be a jerk about it. There's a nice way to say what he's saying but that's not the way.

Romantic Cat

13,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I Shall Grant You NoMercy
Daphne Dono
I am proud of the teens that walked out, all he was doing was giving a hate speech and that is wrong.

Yes, because pointing out holes in Christianity is horrible and hateful and should never be done ever again.
neutral
It is horrible. You shouldn't go poking holes in anyone's beliefs. 90% of the time you will do nothing but aggravate the person or nothing productive will come of it.
People who do that are bullies plain and simple.

If it weren't for the loud internet and real life atheists who are convinced it's their job to talk down to everyone about their religion , I would have no opinion at all on atheist . Now after seeing some many atheists act like jerks my image of them is negative.

Here's my logic
You don't question my beliefs and I won't question yours or lack of it.
Detective Joe Delahoy
As a Christian, I was less offended that he brought up the anti-gay parts of the bible. I more mad that he said most of his stuff out of context. Yes, the bible states that homosexuality is a sin, but once the new testament times come into the picture, it is very clear that persecuting those who are gay is just a big a sin as actually being gay. Also, the rules about the woman who wasn't a virgin before she was married was all old testament. And anybody who's actually read the bible knows that things changed after the coming of the messiah. Also, if one were to read Romans, Paul makes it clear to love your fellow man, be he Jew, Gentile, clean or unclean. Instead of picking the easy target of the Bible isn't the answer to stop the misconceptions; it's going after the radical Christian groups that approve of manipulating the bible to say what they want, the same way Savage did.

tldr; Savage paraphrased so he could claim the bible is a gay-bashing fiction book, when it's actually quite the contrary.

So evangelicals who do the same thing are okay? Especially when they mean it in earnest to beat their fellow man to near death or bully them to a point that they kill themselves?

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Detective Joe Delahoy

Jesus Hung around people of lower class and showed kindness to them. what about that non virgin who came an wept at his feet and washed them with her tears, dried his feet with her hair, poured her perfume on his head. While other shunned her he called her daughter.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Okay, I keep typeing up paragraphs and deleteing them and typeing new ones.

Skipping that Christ didn't care if you were Gay or Bi,... and junk I can ramble about the Bible... let's go with just what's in the Video.

They proved him right. rofl Look at their expressions, too. Priceless.

BTW, type out exactly what he said some time. He was attacking the reactions. Giving that a bad name. He was not assigning them any bad name.

4,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
[Castration Pop]
I happen to like Dan Savage. Particularly because he doesn't p***y foot around. Particularly because he doesn't try to put himself on a pedestal. Particularly because he knows that at this point, the gloves have to come off.

Gay kids are dead, ********.
Dead.
Not coming back.
Ever.

And you know what? It's ******** goddamned 2012. And they're still dying. And to say that there's no correlation between Christian hate mongering and bullying that's causing these kids to drop is naive. And maybe it's time to stop turning the other cheek and fighting fire with fire?

So,,, "Gays are dead" because of "hate mongering Christians" and you feel it is now time to "fight fire with fire".
So basically you are saying Gays and pro-gays should go kill Christians?
Yeah, that will help the situation a lot. (sarcasm intended)

I got news for you. No one who is truly a Christian is out killing gays.
I'm a Christian and I have gay friends. I know Christians with varying opinions on G/L/B/T but NONE of them would go out and kill one or even talk hate speech at them. The worst you would get from the Christians I know who you might call 'anti-gay' would be expressing their opinions if it came up in a conversation or maybe voting against same sex marriage at the voting booth. Even if a Christian believes being gay is a sin, a true Christian also believes all people have sinned and that to one degree or another we all still do and need God's forgiveness. Therefore to single out one particular 'sin' and go kill that bunch of people is unchristian.

There is an often misconstrued verse in the Bible that says, "Thall shalt not kill". Kill being how it is translated in English in the King James and many other versions. But the Greek word being translated as kill is more accurately portrayed as murder. As in, the actual meaning of the verse is "Thall shalt not murder". Regardless of what a person claiming to be Christian thinks about gays to go out and kill them for being gay is murder pure and simple. And if we're going to put a score ranking on sins murder has to be worse than being gay. smile
Lady Leopardess
Daphne Dono

neutral
It is horrible. You shouldn't go poking holes in anyone's beliefs. 90% of the time you will do nothing but aggravate the person or nothing productive will come of it.

If it weren't for the loud internet and real life atheists who are convinced it's their job to talk down to everyone about their religion , I would have no opinion at all on atheist . Now after seeing some many atheists act like jerks my image of them is negative.

Here's my logic
I don't question your beliefs and I won't question yours or lack of it.

Thank you! My thoughts excatly, I'm not going to judge you on your belifs or life style so I would appreciate it if you would do the same. "Treat others as you would have them treat you." The golden rule.

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Lady Leopardess
Daphne Dono

neutral

Here's my logic
You don't question my beliefs and I won't question yours or lack of it.

Oh, so were NOT supposed to have out own opinions, because you may get your feelings hurt?
Ah, that makes SO MUCH more sense now.
emotion_awesome

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
[Castration Pop]

So evangelicals who do the same thing are okay? Especially when they mean it in earnest to beat their fellow man to near death or bully them to a point that they kill themselves?

Lol. There are crazies in every religion. That doesn't mean you should bash everyone who's part of it.

I'd personally be hella pissed too. It's very rude to single out a religion like that when there are many religions and beliefs that look down on homosexuality.

Take Japan, they're one of the most secular nations in the world, but homosexuality is looked down there as well.

Religion can be a factor, but it's not the sole factor.

You know, if someone asks you to discuss their religion and you poke holes in each other's theories and beliefs (because no set of belief system is without holes and if you seriously believe yours is 100%, you're probably more delusional than the people you bash) then that's fine. But going out and unprovoked attacking innocent people for their belief system is not cool.
Mitsumi-chan
[Castration Pop]

Lol. There are crazies in every religion. That doesn't mean you should bash everyone who's part of it.

I'd personally be hella pissed too. It's very rude to single out a religion like that when there are many religions and beliefs that look down on homosexuality.

Take Japan, they're one of the most secular nations in the world, but homosexuality is looked down there as well.

Religion can be a factor, but it's not the sole factor.

You know, if someone asks you to discuss their religion and you poke holes in each other's theories and beliefs (because no set of belief system is without holes and if you seriously believe yours is 100%, you're probably more delusional than the people you bash) then that's fine. But going out and unprovoked attacking innocent people for their belief system is not cool.

I believe he chose to attack the bible and christianity because it is the most prominent in America. s**t, if he had attacked islam they would've beheaded him or something.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Kothlim
I believe he chose to attack the bible and christianity because it is the most prominent in America. s**t, if he had attacked islam they would've beheaded him or something.

Still. Just because it's the majority, does that make it okay? You shouldn't force religious beliefs on people who do not want to hear it. Otherwise, wouldn't that make you just as bad as "bible thumpers"?

People who are so radical that they won't listen to reason won't be swayed by that kind of logic anyway.
It woulda been better if he had anticipated the walk out and barred the doors from the outside. You can't expect to be a journalist, walk out in the middle of a speech because you don't like the content, and then report on it in the guise that your words are accurate. These kids need a new career path if they cant deal with a few harsh tones and discrimination about the bible. This isn't just straight bullying. This is fighting back against the ones who started it. Intolerance of intolerance. No, this is bad journalism in the making. Don't be a half assed, close minded journalist. Fox "News" has enough people working for them. America doesnt need more.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff