Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you unbox your doll's?

Yes! >.> 0.69411764705882 69.4% [ 354 ]
Oh gosh no! Dx 0.15882352941176 15.9% [ 81 ]
That's why I buy two! :3 0.14705882352941 14.7% [ 75 ]
Total Votes:[ 510 ]

Tenshichan~dream
lol I just found an Abbey at the walmart where I Live. Totally awesome : D
I Was so excited. I love the legwarmers and such <3 I Always go to the toys section now when I shop xD

ALthough I stumbled across monster high when I discovered people custamize the dolls. I am practicing on a few : D It is so much fun. Although I dont think I Am that great.

And I do not know a lot about customizing dolls. I am completely new to it. But I like aking things and then making them my own.

I wish I could sew clothes for them too O:

Congrats! I think i want the new to be released bedtime one x3 (don't have abby yet)

I discovered these dolls after staring at lonely single Frankie's and Draculaura's and one day deciding to buy them.(Should have bought Abby when I saw her but I didn't know they'd be so hard to get)

I only just started too so we will learn together! fun times n___n

Their clothes aren't too difficult to sew 'cause they're so tiny. You should try making something starting with a simple tube dress biggrin (Flipping their existing clothes inside out and tracing the pattern will help a lot, also finding the right material...)

Odd Cinderella
Thanks, and I think they do. I just thought hiding them would be better. 3nodding Jackson is still hidden because I couldn't afford him. sweatdrop

I'm surprised no one had found your hiding spot O___O

Hopeful Girl

CA Cupid
Odd Cinderella
Thanks, and I think they do. I just thought hiding them would be better. 3nodding Jackson is still hidden because I couldn't afford him. sweatdrop

I'm surprised no one had found your hiding spot O___O
was close today. o___o

Sparkly Kitten

53,900 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
My problem is is that I dont even know the first thing about sewing xD haha I've always thought myself everything. But yeah If I was gonna start I was going to start by trying to figure out just how you said :3 I just dont think I would be able to make anything cool D:

Lol Everywhere I found they suggested to just use normal arcylique paint. I bought some not to cheap and I am ok with the results D:
I just kidn of wish I Could repaint the whole base a different color Dx
There aren't any dolls with bases in the color I Want yet D:

Although I saw an etsy that people are molding their own bodies (for the custom dolls I guess)
but I think that would be waaay to ambitious to try and learn xD
Tenshichan~dream

Ah I'm sure whatever you make will end up looking cool. Everyone's gotta start somewhere. xD

Yep normal acrylic paint, I use the windsor newton paints. There's a lot you can do to it if you buy the blending mediums (they're clear and give you matte/gloss finishes..some even slow down the drying rate so you can treat acrylics like oils)

I always stalk those estsy's, there's jemgirl and i just recently discovered a guy making shoes too * u*....but I don't know about spending $10 on a pair of doll shoes D:

also someone on here had repainted the body for their Oc...I'll try to look for the post *(or you can surf through all of the pages x___x)

Sparkly Kitten

53,900 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I think the paint I Have is just to thick... So I am wondering if there is a different paint I Could use
I would looove to make a yellow doll : D

Hah
I've made up two dolls. My first was a test and I didnt paint the scalp but I ended up liking it xD so she has a few bald looking spots ... haha my second is a lot better But still not perfect. Right now I am rerooting a wig :3 just to see how that works ... I bought a wig at goodwill and pulled all the hair up... I thought that would be neat because once I Out hair in a doll its there forever (well kind of)

Sparkly Kitten

53,900 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Holy crap. I just relized the doll you made has horns! O:
Oh I found it it was draconia's post I think theres an updated version somewhere in here too. Anyway I think she used a spray paint?
edit! found the finished one by frankie

*so maybe quote her asking for tips on how to do a full body repaint :3*

Yes She has horns <3
They're interchangeable, so as soon as I fix the first pair and make some new ones I'll take more pictures.

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

I'llbe off searching for dolls tomorrow! Pay day! Hitting Walmart and Target annnd toys r us after work~ [working till 1.. so here's hoping they were too busy or anything x.x; I usually like going right in the monring!]

Sparkly Kitten

53,900 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Aw thsoe are really cool pictures! I feel like such an amature xD ?
Howd you make the horns D: Like with clay or something? molding clay that is ...

I look at where I work everyday xD
and then now and then when I go groceries and stuff
But I Dont know what days are best to look...
XFateX

I'llbe off searching for dolls tomorrow! Pay day! Hitting Walmart and Target annnd toys r us after work~ [working till 1.. so here's hoping they were too busy or anything x.x; I usually like going right in the monring!]

Good luck!
Tenshichan~dream

Thank you but I'm an amature too ; u;
The horns are made with sculpey <3

You can ask someone in the toy dept when they usually get shipments?
I've tried calling and looking in person, shelves =perpetually empty so I don't know whether or not it would work for you

Sparkly Kitten

53,900 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I just look about once a week. And if I find a store that has them I look in all the surrounding stores :3
also we have a store called mijers that doesnt really have a big customer base I guess.... There shelves are always stocked to the brim for a while before they slowly start to sell out. I dont think there are many MH collectors who think about looking there biggrin

And the horns are genious xD I Know what I Want to try now : D
Lol but I think I will get more into that kind of things when I have played around a little more. But thats a good idea : D I was thinking about making like a dinosaur doll and that would work very well...

Wheezing Codger

I'm a bit annoyed, the nearest TRU to me has closed for renovations D8<
so probably no hunting for dollies unless my dad is willing to drive to Walmart....which he usually isn't :c
Tenshichan~dream

It's always a good idea to look into the store in the morning, when they open. But I suppose if where you are there aren't a lot of scalpers or MH doll hunters, then you can go anytime 3nodding and call ahead if you don't feel like wasting a trip, although they're not always too helpful (at least in my experience).

Sparkly Kitten

53,900 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Yeah I usually only look when I do groceries here.... But I tend to find that if one retail store has it most of the time all the other retail stores in close aprx have them too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff