Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Prophet

The extra tooth on army painter and airbrush sealer is nice for dark blushing. (It was a must for Malocchio)
What exactly is "tooth" or "toothiness"? I keep hearing about toothy resin and atbfirst I thught it meant like the smooth texture of a tooth, but what I gather from this convo is that it isn't as smooth? If not, why would you want toothy resin in a doll?

Sorry for asking, I'm just always so confused and still learning!

Sparkly Genius

I'm finally back in my own house and don't have anything pressing to work on so...
Anyone around for a tinychat? Click here

@Kelpie - From my understanding, tooth is the texture-y feeling of sealants. More tooth - rougher more texturey feel. More tooth helps faceup materials stick to the doll (but it also increases the chances of dirt and other particles sticking as well once the faceup is sealed)

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Fin: I don't think I'll regret it. It's sad to let him go, because he is simply gorgeous, but he's not in the plan. And knowing I sold him gets me closer to dolls I really want [Ttori, Pine, Arwen.]
That makes sense, Spore, I guess. I just remember two or three posts on doA about toothy resin of all things and they seemed to enjoy it. Dunno if I would want toothy resin. Sealant I can understand, as it might give a sense of depth in some cases, but resin? Nah, just give me the smooth stuff.

Fluffy Prophet

@ Kelpie: also, smooth resin that's not toothy (like Resinsoul) feels kinda plastic-ey to me. That is easily fixed with a good sealant though. I like to primer with airbrush sealant and then top it off with something smoother like msc to protect it from grabbing dirt. Most of my commissioned faceups I use msc only, just because its got uv cut and great longevity against yellowing. My own dolls, I re-do their faces too often to care about that.

Sparkly Genius

Eludya
Just out of curiosity is anyone interested in piggybacking some accessories off my Alice's Collection's order? They have free shipping for all if you have over $100 in accessories but I can only come up with like, maybe $30-40, really. It would involve waiting for the body, I hear that's about 8 weeks total. I'm thinking I will place the order over the Thanksgiving weekend (Last weekend in November)

I'm going to take a look and maybe get some glasses for my new boy smile I will let you know. The website is being weird right now and is not loading.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got a look at the glasses and they're not the style I'm looking for.

Sparkly Genius

Sooo I went ahead and placed the order for my 55cm obitsu this evening! I'm so stoked. Since they're all in stock dolls he should be arriving within the next 2 weeks. Yay! I'm very excited to give this branch of collecting a go. The body comes as a set with a very creepy head I don't know what I'll do with... XD

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
Spore XP
Sooo I went ahead and placed the order for my 55cm obitsu this evening! I'm so stoked. Since they're all in stock dolls he should be arriving within the next 2 weeks. Yay! I'm very excited to give this branch of collecting a go. The body comes as a set with a very creepy head I don't know what I'll do with... XD

Where did you order it from?

Sparkly Genius

Lady Cressida
Spore XP

Where did you order it from?

I ordered through Parabox, it was actually a lot cheaper than going through a dealer.
YAY! A new dolly! Super excited to see how he develops. He's gonna be super cute, I know it.

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Have I ever told you guys I love Sora?
User Image
User Image
User Image

I'm so pining for a new camera lately. But it's out of my price range. Hopefully soon. Because even though my pictures show up clear when I take them, they aren't when I upload x.x; It drives me nuts.

And here' s alittle more.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image
Super cute, Fate. I love his trench and goggles. I should take more pics of my girls, it';s just that I'm at school when it's light in the house and then when I come home I always fall asleep >.>

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

I can now see the craftsmanship of my fathers painting on th emolding. WAit till I talk to him!

Fluffy Prophet

@ Fate: go easy on him, painting is exhausting work! I love the outfit on him, it makes me wish I had made the coat with clean seams.

I have big and crazy doll news. Its really unexpected but someone was willing to trade me their doll for a bunch of my random old stuff. I know its a whim, but it makes financial sense, so I can't refuse!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff