whee

Sparkling Phantom

The Snarfy

No problem, chickadee. c:

Noob

Noob

the new treadmill is amazing!
I reached 500 total miles today, also!
hopefully this treadmill will make jogging with a crammed schedule a bit easier to do!
blaugh

Flatterer

have you considered doing weights? you don't have to become bulky, but it helps tone you out while creating muscles. depending on the weights you do, you don't get bulky. you should try adding some resistant bands or something into your regimen and it'll help your weight loss, stamina, and be more defined.

js.

Noob

Hand Jive
have you considered doing weights? you don't have to become bulky, but it helps tone you out while creating muscles. depending on the weights you do, you don't get bulky. you should try adding some resistant bands or something into your regimen and it'll help your weight loss, stamina, and be more defined.

js.

What would you suggest doing then?
I've never really done weight training so I don't know where to start.

Flatterer

The Snarfy
Hand Jive

js.

tell me what kind of results you want and i can prob work something out for you.

Noob

Hand Jive
The Snarfy
Hand Jive

js.

tell me what kind of results you want and i can prob work something out for you.

Well, the skin on my arms is pretty flabby, and I wouldn't mind having abs
xd

Flatterer

The Snarfy
Hand Jive
The Snarfy
Hand Jive

js.

xd
are you an avid swimmer? i'm assuming you'll want to strengthen your back too.

Noob

Hand Jive
The Snarfy
Hand Jive
The Snarfy
Hand Jive

js.

xd

I love to swim!
Swim season condition is gonna start in mid October, I hope.
My shoulder and back are pretty muscular due to the Fly stroke.
Same goes for my inner thighs and such because of the breast stroke.

Flatterer

The Snarfy
Hand Jive
The Snarfy
Hand Jive
The Snarfy
Hand Jive

js.

xd

I love to swim!
which would you rather do, barbells or resistance bands? i mean, you can do both, but some people prefer barbells over resistance bands or visa versa. you can find a nice set of barbells are just the solid ones *not something i would suggest
or you can buy the ones where you can add your own set of weights to it. it's cheaper that way.
some people prefer the resistance bands over weights because of cost, but eventually you'll have to replace them or at least i've had to.

Noob

Hand Jive
The Snarfy
Hand Jive
The Snarfy
Hand Jive

xd

I love to swim!
which would you rather do, barbells or resistance bands? i mean, you can do both, but some people prefer barbells over resistance bands or visa versa. you can find a nice set of barbells are just the solid ones *not something i would suggest
or you can buy the ones where you can add your own set of weights to it. it's cheaper that way.
some people prefer the resistance bands over weights because of cost, but eventually you'll have to replace them or at least i've had to.

We have both laying around.
How much weight would you suggest if I was doing barbells?

Flatterer

The Snarfy
Hand Jive
The Snarfy
Hand Jive
The Snarfy
Hand Jive

xd

I love to swim!

well, assuming I don't know much about what you can lift and what not, I would start lighter and from there. I think you should start at 15. If that's too light get a 20 or if too heavy start at 10, but you're a man and I should think 15 would be a good start if anything.

Noob

Hand Jive
The Snarfy
Hand Jive
The Snarfy
Hand Jive

I love to swim!

well, assuming I don't know much about what you can lift and what not, I would start lighter and from there. I think you should start at 15. If that's too light get a 20 or if too heavy start at 10, but you're a man and I should think 15 would be a good start if anything.

Okay, what should I be feeling while doing this?
Or better yet, how long should I do it for?

Flatterer

The Snarfy
Hand Jive
The Snarfy
Hand Jive
The Snarfy
Hand Jive

I love to swim!

Okay, what should I be feeling while doing this?
Or better yet, how long should I do it for?
i'd do about 10 reps.
if it's too easy, go up in weight. if after 3-4 it's too hard, it's too heavy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff