Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Urg. I can't say no to tasty food.

So I went to Applebees with the family and did okay with making good choices. Then I met up with some friends at his mother's place where they had a cook out. I didn't realize they'd have a cook out. So yeah, ate there. Didn't do as well. ;_;

Tomorrow is a new day.

Anyone have problems with compulsive eating?

Lonely Noob

I have painful bruises from my hula hoop, does that count in this thread? cat_neutral
I got one of them korean hula hoops from H-Mart, because I love hulahooping. It has nubs and they give me bruises.
I'm hoping to find a place that sells plain weighted hulahoops without waves or nubs, 'cause these bruises suck. cat_crying My sides look like moldy bread from the weird blue-green and purple-pink spots.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Well wii fit has hula hoop stuff smile

Lonely Noob

Cecilia Davidson
Well wii fit has hula hoop stuff smile
lol I don't think it would be the same as an actual hulahoop. Besides, I don't have/want the Wii.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
i'm still circling around 171.

i have a good feeling it won't work but i'm giving raspberry ketones a try for a month. If it doesn't work, i'll leave it alone.
Lady Kayura
Urg. I can't say no to tasty food.

So I went to Applebees with the family and did okay with making good choices. Then I met up with some friends at his mother's place where they had a cook out. I didn't realize they'd have a cook out. So yeah, ate there. Didn't do as well. ;_;

Tomorrow is a new day.

Anyone have problems with compulsive eating?

Hope the cookout foods were delicious at least! The way I see it, occasional slippings and splurges are fine if you 1) do well most of the time, and 2) really, genuinely enjoyed the experience.

But if you're overeating without even enjoying the taste, that might be an issue. I had that problem back when I was nutritionally oblivious. I ate what was on my plate even if I didn't find it particularly delicious. These days, I am more aware and more picky. I have my share of splurges but the food has to be mind-blowingly tasty. Otherwise, it ain't worth the calories.

Some foods start out being tasty, but the deliciousness disappears before you finish the whole portion. When that happens, I no longer force myself to finish it. I either save the rest for later, or toss it out when that's not feasible (e.g. ice cream cones).

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
keiiii
Hope the cookout foods were delicious at least! The way I see it, occasional slippings and splurges are fine if you 1) do well most of the time, and 2) really, genuinely enjoyed the experience.

But if you're overeating without even enjoying the taste, that might be an issue. I had that problem back when I was nutritionally oblivious. I ate what was on my plate even if I didn't find it particularly delicious. These days, I am more aware and more picky. I have my share of splurges but the food has to be mind-blowingly tasty. Otherwise, it ain't worth the calories.

Some foods start out being tasty, but the deliciousness disappears before you finish the whole portion. When that happens, I no longer force myself to finish it. I either save the rest for later, or toss it out when that's not feasible (e.g. ice cream cones).

At the time I ate them, they were awesome. But afterwards, I felt half nauseated. Unsure if it's the heat or just eating foods I don't often eat or the stuff in them.

I've got a bad history of overeating for emotional reasons to the point where I don't feel good. Been a while since I've done that though. Learning the tricks to avoid letting that happen. Certain things I'm bad at maintaining the portions so I don't buy those foods. If I don't have horrible food to overeat, then I won't overeat.

I read something that when the food stops tasting good, that's the body's way of saying stop eating. Apparently the French are good at that and that's why on a whole, they're slim. Supposedly.

My other problem is I like to eat until I'm stuffed, not just full. Been hard trying to reteach myself what that is. Working on portion control to help with that, then reaffirm stuffed is bad, full is good. Frozen meals with the main course and veggie have been helpful.

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
That said, down to 166.9 today.

Boything had me concerned about the accuracy of the scale. He suggested we get a new one. I don't think I am. This scale measured my heaviness and is measuring my trend down. Maybe I'm actually 170 and not 166.9. But then my heaviest wouldn't be 175-176, it'd be closer to 180. So while the number may or may not be the most accurate, I can map my trends most accurately with it.

So yeah, if I can get down to 165.X by July 24th, I get a new book. May splurge and buy a hard cover AND Nookbook. If I can get past 163.X by July 28th, I may get myself a new dress for my uncle's wedding if funds allow. Or if I feel comfortable spending the funds.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Was up to 173 the past few days. Down to 172 today.

Because of how I don't necessarily trust ketones, I'm taking a two week supply over the course of this month. I want to see IF it works if I just use it carefully and minimally. I'm doubtful however

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Cecilia Davidson

Because of how I don't necessarily trust ketones, I'm taking a two week supply over the course of this month. I want to see IF it works if I just use it carefully and minimally. I'm doubtful however

What is it?

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Lady Kayura
Cecilia Davidson

What is it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_ketone

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Cecilia Davidson
Lady Kayura
Cecilia Davidson

What is it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_ketone

Thanks. =P

And Dr. Oz. >_<

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
yeah i know. Dubious info. i'm trying a two month supply over the space of a month and i just want to see what DOES happen. Seems like it helps a little.

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
I wonder if it helps a little or if it's the placebo effect.

165.1 today. If I can maintain or lose, I can get my book in 2 weeks. biggrin

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Lady Kayura
I wonder if it helps a little or if it's the placebo effect.

165.1 today. If I can maintain or lose, I can get my book in 2 weeks. biggrin
i'd personally say it's the caffeine. i'd like to just try this stuff PURE (the ketones) rather than mixed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff