Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Smooth Operator 100

Today begins the official start of our points system !!
Good luck to all this week--I'm rooting for all of you~
Of course, I won't be participating for the prizes--I'll be logging & be active to keep up with everyone else & to hold myself accountable. Prizes are only for you guise. c:

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100

Week 4, Day 1 heart

Good morning, sunshines ! Here starts the beginning of the rest of my life. emotion_dowant
#dramatic

Okay! I'm taking this journey seriously now. It's been almost a month & it's time for a drastic change. I know I can do this.

This morning, my fasting glucose was 95mg/dL. Which is great, much better than it has been recently. So that means my elimination of many carbs & sweets is already having a great impact on my blood glucose.

I will take my blood pressure once a week, as well as my weight. That day I'll designate on Saturdays. Seeing progress on weekends makes me less likely to screw up generally. lul.

Okay, breakfast. I had a sunny-side up egg with a slice of swiss, sided with oatmeal. Also had a mid-morning snack, half of a Nature Valley granola bar. Overall, so far consumer 465 calories. Right on target for the day so far.

Will update this post tonight with the rest of my day's progress.

Shy Kitten

I feel simply terrible for posting and signing up for this.
I'm not going to stop my journey back to health, but I just don't have time to post on Gaia. D:

Things are a little more crazy in my life than I ever imagined or expected them to be, but I'm about to put in hundreds of hours of volunteer work among many other things. O_O

I've been assigned leadership roles at my University and I am now responsible for quite the heap, including organizing 112 students into committees and keeping them from arguing too much. -.-

Anyway, with this being said, I have to request that you remove me from the list, but I wish everyone the absolute best in their journeys. And if you don't mind, I might still drop by and see how everyone is doing when I can.

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100
Skyscraped

Awh, sorry to see you go! I totally understand--I'm in the same position, starting soon! Not sure how I will be able to balance the two--I might have to incorporate a helper! ;__;

Good luck on your volunteering & things ! Keep us posted about your health progress--we'd still love to know how you're doing!

Lonely Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • 50 Wins 150
MissaAmazin

i would love to help if you need someone. :3
i don't really need the prizes, so I could be exempt. ^^;
this thread has been amazing for me in my journey!

Lonely Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Skyscraped

so sad to see you go!
g'luck in your journey~! :3

Lonely Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • 50 Wins 150
okay. so i kind of skipped yesterday.
i really do not want to post what happened yesterday.
><
i probably had about 3,000 calories.
i'm not going to log them in mfp either.
i just..can't.
i just kept eating and i couldn't get full - and i was eating a lot of chocolate and nonsense - and i was upset about things irl.
so.
today, so far i've had 272 calories.
homemade egg & cheese muffin. ^^;
lunch and dinner are kind of iffy today.
i'm probably going to have some soup for lunch
and idk what for dinner
but i'm going to be good today
after yesterday i'm kind of disgusted with myself ><

Lonely Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • 50 Wins 150
MissaAmazin

I wish I had a small appetite like yours !~ D:
I get so jelly when you get full after about 1200 calories! x3
-exits conversation.- Didn'tmeantobreakin.
8D

break in all you want to dear! :3 :3
and yeah
sometimes when i'm upset my appetite increases like crazy
but other than that it's relatively small. xD

Lonely Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • 50 Wins 150
i'm gonna complete the weekly challenge, because this was a big step for me at the time
i'm sure it was for everyone else, too. :3

the moment i wanted to change was back in november. i was a bridesmaid in a wedding for one of my great friends. she wanted EVERYTHING photographed, from everyone getting ready to the wedding to the reception to the aftermath..literately everything. since i was a bridesmaid, i got tagged in these photos on fb.

at that point, i knew my dress size had gone up. i knew i had gained some weight. but i never realized just how big i had really gotten. when i looked at myself in the mirror, it wasn't that big of a deal. i hadn't owned a scale then, so i didn't know my weight.

when i got tagged in these pictures..my heart sank. i sat in front of my computer just crying my eyes out because i had gained so much weight.

there was this really mean girl who was in faren's wedding before me. she knew she was going to be replaced (i didn't replace her) and started being really mean to the bridesmaids and to the bride herself. after she got kicked out of the wedding, and when she saw the pictures..she made some comments.

this sent me into this emotional downward spiral. for several days i was a self-loathing, crying, depressed mess. (this all happened after the wedding.)

after the inital shock/depression had went away, i went out and bought a scale..just to see.

when i saw that number on the scale, i picked myself up off the ground and said this was it.
i was going to change.
i wasn't going to let those pictures i saw be me anymore.
i was going to take new pictures, and that is me.
i was going to tell that mean girl to F*** off.
and i am going to change.

i started eating healthier then. come december, i started exercising on my parents treadmill. janurary, i got a gym membership. and now, i'm still continuing on, still bigger, but not as big.

it may still be a work in progress, and i may still have some days (like yesterday) where i'm discouraged and break down, but I will change.

one pound at a time. <3

EDIT: figured you guys may want to see.
this was novemeber.

i don't really know why the sizing is so off. photobucket is doing some really weird stuff. sorry. xD
User Image User Image

this was a few days ago

User Image
User Image]

Blessed Bloodsucker

um,,, im interested in joining, if it isnt too late,,!

Lonely Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • 50 Wins 150
kirruaa

everyone is welcome at any time during the thread! :3
just introduce yourself and you're good to go! :3

Blessed Bloodsucker

Dream Me a Defect
kirruaa

everyone is welcome at any time during the thread! :3
just introduce yourself and you're good to go! :3

♪♥♪

ahh okay!!!! well um
my name is shelby, i'm 20 years old, and im not really trying to build muscle or anything i just want to lose weight bc im fat ahahahahaha but um !!! i weight like 230 right now (which is a guess i dont have a scale in my house honestly i need to get one) and my ultimate goal weight is like 140 ish
really just want to go down like 50000 pants sizes

so yeah hello everybody i am here how are all of you

♪♥♪

Lonely Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Dream Me a Defect
okay. so i kind of skipped yesterday.
i really do not want to post what happened yesterday.
><
i probably had about 3,000 calories.
i'm not going to log them in mfp either.
i just..can't.
i just kept eating and i couldn't get full - and i was eating a lot of chocolate and nonsense - and i was upset about things irl.
so.
today, so far i've had 272 calories.
homemade egg & cheese muffin. ^^;
lunch and dinner are kind of iffy today.
i'm probably going to have some soup for lunch
and idk what for dinner
but i'm going to be good today
after yesterday i'm kind of disgusted with myself ><

quoting this to update!
i've had 5 glasses of water today.
ate some soup and popcorn for lunch
and for dinner tonight i'm having cheese pizza
it's because i don't really have too much food in my house xD
and i ate some dove chocolate
i had four pieces throughout the day

i'm going to go to bed soon
no working out today ><
but tomorrow i will start fresh! :3

EDIT: i had a little over 1,000 calories today
not quite at my goal of 1200, but i woke up late today
so i had to eat every 3 hours
and it was difficult to do. xD

Dapper Codger

March 2--

Food!
Oatmeal + Milk 210
Milk 110
2 eggs + spinach 170
Blueberries 60
Yogurt + strawberries 220
Blueberry Pancake + syrup 300
1.5 cup rice 346
2 baked chicken tenderloin + sauce 170

= ~ 1,586

Exercise!
Today was a rest day, but since yesterday was an okay workout, I decided to do some body weight exercises for my legs. 205 squats, some lunges, some elevated push-ups.

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100
Dream Me a Defect

I saw your progress pics & they are sooo good ~ 83 Your story touched me, too. ;___; Thanks for sharing it with us. heart

I would actually LOVE if you helped! I would hate to exclude you from prizes thoughh. :c You could still be eligible if you'd like~ Only if you want to !

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff