8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • 50 Wins 150
yeahh! people joining! hehe

alrighty then! :3

welllllp. i'm april (obviously).
i'm 20 years old.
vegetarian. i really hope that doesn't start a fight anywhere..it's my own choice and it's just because i don't care for meat. >.<
i really want to be healthier and i've been trying for about a month now.
although i think i really just want to lose weight. but in a healthy way. ^^;
so far i've lost 7lbs.
my current weight is 198lbs.
height 5'5.
my ultimate goal is to be healthy.
i would love to be about 130lbs.
but my first goal weight is 190. ^^;

my goals for exercising - work out at least three times a week for 1/2 hour a day.
hopefully more..but i'm really out of shape and want to work on getting back into it.

overall, i want to be healthy. ^^;;

today i...
will be going to the gym in about 20 minutes.
ate a total of 1,110 calories.
will eat a snack when i get back from the gym to make sure that i don't go under 1200.

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Smooth Operator 100
Dream Me a Defect

emotion_kirakira thank you for sharing so much ~
There's soo nothing wrong with being vegetarian. It's a wonderful lifestyle choice!
It sounds like we have just about the same amount of weight to lose, too. :3
7 pounds is suchh a big deal. I can't remember the last time I actually lost a good bit of weight like that (minus because of the flu I had). xD
It sounds like you're doing lovely! ~
You can use this thread to post your updates & thoughts, if you'd like. c: You can choose how often to post, too!
I'm so new to running a thread like this.
I'll be a n00b 'til I get the hang of this thing. xD
Let me know how the gym goes !!
3nodding

Lonely Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • 50 Wins 150
MissaAmazin

why, thank you, lovely!
yeah, i was ecstatic when i saw the scale. :3
i used to be 145lbs, then i gained a lot when i got my first job because it was a sit down job.
it didn't help that i got into a relationship with a guy i really liked.
and now i'm so terribly in love with him. <3 <3 <3
been together for 2 years on march 29th!
but i apparently let myself go. haha.

i'm currently in a fitness challenge at work, too! it's kind of nice to be in two.
i don't even care if i win, to be honest.
i'll probably post at least once a day.
and i totalllly know how you feel with being new to the thread thingy.
i would fail so bad.
gym went great! i walked/jogged for about 40-45 minutes alternating between 3mph and 5mph.
i'll eventually get into weight lifting but i'm so weak and have noooo tolerance. ><
i burned 339 calories.
anywaysss.
thanks on the comment for being a vegetarian. i appreciate that, seriously. :3 i'm new to it so criticism is really hard.
plus low self esteem + criticism = sad april. ><

after the gym...
burned a total of 339 calories. woohoooo!
net calories for the day: 771 OHNO!
ate some goodies (nuts, salad)
net calories for the day as of right now: 1,218. ^^

Divine Zealot

I don't plan on participating, but g'luck to the both of you. But I wanted to make a comment and a question.

MissaAmazin
Not too proud of my sugar & carbs intake

Any reason in particular you're wanting to lower carbs and / or sugar?

Dream Me a Defect
vegetarian. i really hope that doesn't start a fight anywhere..it's my own choice and it's just because i don't care for meat. >.<

I think it's fairly safe to say that most of us meat eaters around here don't care one way or the other if one is vegetarian or vegan. It's just that, this being the internet, we bump into way more obnoxious, holier-than-thou veg*ns than those who are quiet, don't try to preach their eating or don't even reveal their dietary choices. The arguments are usually more common because the more annoying variety of veg*ns are more vocal about their lifestyle and voila, we have conflict because nobody is going to agree, despite what any medical literature has to say one way or the other.

That said, you're likely not in that category, so you're most likely in the safe zone. We understand it's our own choices and not all veg*ns are like those above.

Dapper Codger

OOOOOO

I want to join! : 3
Do I just talk about my goals or is there a form...? xD

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100
Dream Me a Defect

hnnnnng, boyfriends !! Your story sounds so sweet. :3 So happy for you! Two years is amazingg.
Unfortunately I had an opposite ending--we ended it officially earlier this month after a couple of years of being off & on. xD Needless to say, his diet was wayy different than mine. It was like my old diet! So much pizza. yum_pizza

Well I hope you do get first at your fitness challenge !! It sounds so fun. What do you have to do for it?

Your posts totally motivate me to do better. I could have had a muchh better breakfast this morning. I ate a total of 572 calories, ughh. I guess I'll be having a very light lunch. I'll be doing some TurboFire at home to work out today, or maybe Dance Central. c: There's a winter storm coming up, so I don't think I'll stay out longer than I need to. Only one class today. Aiming for at least 15 - 20 minutes of HIIT, with 15 minutes of strength training via Nike Training Club app.

It's totally insane that you'd get criticism for being a vegetarian, tho! o_o I would imagine that people would be most supportive of that. I wish I had the willpower to restrain from meat. xD! If you have any veggie recipes, I'd love to know them. :3 I need to expand my menus--they get boring really fast.

AND AND AND. emotion_bigheart Your donation!~
It goes toward our big pot of awesome! :3 & I'll match it! Thank you so much for contributing! I'm still quite unsure how to track progress & winners! Do you have any suggestions, maybe?

c: I'll post back tonight with an update of my progress today. Have a good one!

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100
Poe-Senpai

n.n Thank you for the good luck wishes!

As for your question, I have PCOS. Sugars & carbs affect me a lot, slowing/reversing my progress. x__x;;

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100
Kreiois

-gasps excitedly.- A new memberrrrr !~ emotion_awesome
I really should make a form. xD! Sorryy, I'm so new to running a thread like this.
But you can just talk about your goals & stuff!~ & I'll add you to the list. 3nodding

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100

Updated the pot o' gold & some prizes that are available !~
Still trying to figure how to distribute them, but--that'll come later! xD
Also will add a form today for anyone else who decides to sign up. heart
Off to class, be back soon!~

Dapper Codger

Welp, here goes!

I'm Jiezl. 21. College student. In VCU for art.
Artist (I'd like to think. Lol.), cosplayer, now fitness enthusiast.

I started my journey in May 2013. I was "skinny fat" and my stomach stuck out more than my butt, and I was chicken leg skinny everywhere else. I was around 113 lb at the time. I'm short (5'1" or 5'2" --can't remember) and my body was very lethargic. xP

I started doing some body weight exercises, eating a little better while in a caloric deficit, so by Aug 2013 I was around 100 lb. I was kind of happy, but I wanted to be strong, not small-looking.

Did some trial and error with weight lifting and eating for a few months. I finally was able to get some sort of routine down by November, and now I get anxious if I miss a day (My progress! Dx ).

My main goal is to gain a lot of muscle, become a certified personal trainer, and someday compete in a bodybuilding bikini competition. : ) I have a long way to go, and I get really impatient and frustrated, but I'm really glad that I'm on my way to feeling really good in my own body. : D

Lonely Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Poe-Senpai

thank youu! :3
yeahh, i can understand that. it's not like me to preach my stuff.
i just thought that for people to understand my weight loss journey, they needed to know that tidbit. ^^;
and thank you for wishing us luck. i really appreciate it! ^^

Lonely Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • 50 Wins 150
surprised
MissaAmazin

mmmm, pizza! i love pizza. :3 friday night is pizza night here.
doesn't help me too much, but that's really the one bad thing that i eat.
and it's okay to have one day a week that you eat something not all that good for you..hehe. :3

i'm sorry to hear that. :c but thats okay, you're such a nice girl that i'm sure there's someone out there for you. ^^
he just wasn't the right one.

as to the fitness challenge, it's just something work is doing for their employees.
they offer a gym reimbursement plan, so they pay up to $20 on it for you monthly. ^^
you pay $20 to get into the challenge, and the winners get their share of the money paid in.
1st place if 50%, 2nd place is 30% and third place is 20%.
it was a really good idea. :3
and it goes off of the percentage of weight you lose, not amount of pounds. your weight is never made public. ^^

i'm so happy that my posts motivate you! yours do the same for me. ^^
it's nice to have a motivation like that. a community you can rely on. :3

let me know how working out goes!! :3

out of curiosity, and you do not have to answer this if you don't want, where do you live? =o
we just got hit with a really bad winter storm about a week or two ago, and a week before that as well. >< they were nasty.
even some of the roads now STILL aren't cleared off. D;

yeahh..you get some criticism for it sometimes. ><
but it's okay. :3
it's my life, not theirs. ^^
veggie recipes: ohmygoodness they're all over the place online. =o that's where i get mine.
i still eat dairy and egg products, so it's really not hard to just cut meat out.
i just don't like it. xD
basically what i do..if you like stir fry, i either use tofu (for protein)
or don't use anything other than the veggies and sauce.
it may be a bit weird and all but it works for me. :3

you're welcome for the donation. i just wanted to do my part.
i think that you should do something where when people hit their little goals
they get a little prize.

maybe set up some kind of form that has them put their little goals in to make the big goal more achievable.
thennnn, when they hit their big goal, they get to choose of the prizes on the prize board.

i overall think that little goals are better to start with. something achievable, with or without a timeframe.
but that's just me, some people may not be that way.

jussst an idea..i'm really bad at this. xD

OHMYGOODNESS, WALL'O'TEXT.
sorry. xD i'm gonna post my daily stuffs in another post so it's not so big. xD

Lonely Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Kreiois

welcome to the fitness challenge, Jiezl!! :3
glad to have you here!

Lonely Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • 50 Wins 150
today i...
ate a total of 1,205 calories.
did not work out today, it's my day off for this week
my back is hurting too :c
i ate pretty healthy today
for breakfast i had special k chocolaty strawberry cereal
for lunch i had a pb&j and some yogurt
for snacks i had baby carrots, yogurt
and blueberries mmmmm, blueberries
and for dinner i had some ramen
i know, i know, ramen isn't the best, but i looooooove it c:

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100
Kreiois

n.n Nice to officially meet you! Ahhhh, I soo wanted to go to art school. I would have made a horrible art student though--I'm so unmotivated to actually finish anything it's unbelievable.

It's so refreshing to see a different perspective of a fitness journey! Welcome aboard!~ A bodybuilding bikini competition sounds hardcore--but you'll def reach your goal! c: Feel free to update us on your progress as often as you'd like. It'll be soo cool to see your transformation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff