Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Smooth Operator 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

E S T - - - february 2o14.

S T A T U S - - - active.

thread start date for 2o16 | jan. o1, 2o16

User ImageUser Image

✪ U P D A T E S . . .

12.30.15 -- updates for 2016 thread to be posted within 48 hours.

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100

welcome to my thread. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. c: this fitness challenge thread was made not only to motivate myself & track my own progress, but to enlighten & motivate others as well. you are welcome to post your own progress, tips, workouts, recipes--anything that you find helpful on your journey for fitness.

what this thread will encourage ; fitness, a healthy way of life. weight loss AND weight gain. everyone's goals are different. whether you just want to run a 5k in a few months, or drop some serious weight, control chronic health problems, or bulk up, this thread (i hope) will serve as encouragement for that.

what this thread will not encourage ; this thread will not be a center for promoting or encouraging behaviors that i deem not productive to the subject. glorification of anorexia & bulimia is a prime example. i'm always open to ideas, but odd diets that promote extremely lowered caloric intake are discouraged. i'm iffy about diet pills as well, but i won't discourage discussion of them because they do work for some people. plans like weight watchers & other paid programs are fine to discuss. basically, this thread is to promote gradual, healthy change. there are no quick fixes, just lifestyle changes. & despite how anyone goes about their weight losses or gains, there will be no bashing. intelligent discussion is encouraged over just being mean or trolling.

As every thread does, here are some general rules to abide by. Failure to keep them in mind [ & continuously breaking them ] will result in being blacklisted.

✪ Please abide by Gaia's ToS, first & foremost. If it's not allowed by Gaia, it's not allowed in this thread. You risk not only being blacklisted, but losing your account through a ban.

✪ As stated above, trolling & bashing are not allowed. It's okay to disagree with others, but please do so in a way that encourages mindful debate among users.

✪ Do not spam your links &/or weight loss products. I [ will ] have a section for banner / link exchanges for those who'd like to do that. Otherwise, posting spammy links about weight loss "miracles," pills/supplements, or offering your coaching services [ while pushing branded products ] are not allowed. If one of the participants are interested, you can conduct business through the privacy of your messages / comments.

✪ This thread is about body acceptance, too. Fitness does not mean being skinny, nor does this thread encourage glorification of being unhealthy. However, fitness comes in ALL sizes & ALL body types. Be mindful that everyone has their own journeys, one size/weight does not fit all, & be respectful of others' opinions, bodies, and the way they identify with themselves.

✪ If posting your progress pics, please watermark your images in some way. You are more than welcome to obscure your face. This ensures that no one steals your images & uses them elsewhere without permission [ or you'll have proof if they do ]. this is not a rule per se, but a precaution if you choose to do so. there are no repercussions if you do not.

✪ No glorification of eating disorders, self-harm, etc. You are, however, able to share your stories & progress. It may be helpful to put sensitive information in a spoiler tag, & mark it as a possible trigger warning for others.

More to come if I feel there is something that needs to be addressed.

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100

Hey guise ! I'm Missa. c: I'm a 20-something college almost-grad [ one semester left ! ] [ DONE ] grad who majored in sociology & minored in criminal justice. I'm hoping to use my degree for social work dealing with our nation's aging population &/or veterans. In the meantime, while finishing school full-time I have part-time employment as a webmaster / graphic designer, & I am building a blog & etsy shop!

I started my fitness journey in 2010. After two years, I lost a total of 70lbs. However, life happens & I've gained A BAJILLION of those pounds back. I'm fighting to keep this weight off for good ! I made this thread to keep up with my own progress & hopefully receive / give motivation for others, too. c: Check this section for my progress pics & such !

Other hobbies I have : playing video games [XB1, 3DS XL, my friend's PS3 rolol it died ! gonk eff playstation], art / crafting / designing / gifting, conventioneering & cosplaying, binge watching TV series, cuddling my cat & roughhousing with my dog. xD

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100

set your own goal. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

use this opportunity to set your main focus. think about the change that you want to happen, & actively plan for it.

tools to help you along the way. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

bmi calculator. this will tell you how you're doing as far as your weight range in relation to "normal," government-regulated standards. >_> categories range from underweight to obese.

body fat %. use this website to determine a quick "guesstimate" of your body fat percentage. you'll need it to help you calculate your bmr more accurately.

bmr calculator. this is the most accurate way to determine how many calories you'll need to eat in order to lose weight. refer to the chart with the different activity levels. choose the one that fits you best, then subtract anywhere from 200-500 calories from it. of course, you don't have to, but it will speed up your weight loss progress. if you have questions or comments about this, please quote me & i'll answer asap. c:

lose 50 pounds in 5 months. this website is EXTREMELY helpful & realistic. input your stats to get an estimate of what you should be eating & how you should be exercising to reach any goal. click around to find helpful workouts & foods you should be eating.

Darebee. a website with a TON of fun, nerdy workouts & a lot of free content to help you along on your fitness journey.

- - -

logging food, tracking exercise & weight. | tonnnns of websites & apps are out there for this, most of them free. if the app costs something, more than likely the desktop website is free. myfitnesspal is the best, in my humble opinion--i've used it for 4 years & have been most successful with it. a strong community once you meet the right people. other things i've tried that are good... sparkpeople, livestrong, calorie counter, & lose it! i'm currently on a lose it! binge because this app offers badges for things, & i am a sucker for all things badges & achievements. so try them all out, find out what's best for you.~

- - -

Like what you see? Use the sign-up form below & post it in the thread ! c: It'll get introductions out of the way, while sharing your goals with the rest of us. heart

[quote="tokyoyoyo"][/quote]

[align=center][b][u]Fitness Challenge Sign-Up Form[/u][/b][/align]

[b]Name / Username You'd Like Us to Call You[/b] :

[b]Fitness Goals[/b] :

[b]Any other Details You'd Like to Share[/b] :

[b]Opt-In to Points / Prize System[/b] ? [i](yes or no)[/i] :

- - -

self-love is important. you can't accomplish anything on the outside until you're okay with how you are on the inside. this includes your emotional / mental health. i would like you all to find six ways to put your mental health first this month ! find activities that will relax you, de-stress you, relieve anxiety, etc. You may do 6 of one activity, or 6 different kinds. examples include yoga, therapy sessions, meditation, nature walks, a hobby you enjoy, & more. make sure to note your activity, how it helped, & anything else you'd like to add. must be completed by the end of February to count ! please note your completion at the end as well--i won't be counting on my end, it's all up to you ! 3nodding

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100

those who dare to sign up, are memorialized here. ~

s t a t u s --

statuses denote your present activity in this thread. because so many people signed up & never returned after a week or so, it's only fair that i keep up the people who post & make this thread possible.

active | participants who post regularly, & keeps thread informed of absences, if any. users in this category with be marked with User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

inactive | participants who have not posted in 4 weeks [ 1 month ] are noted as such -- User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.. user stays inactive until next post is made. if no post is made in 7 more days [ 1 week ]...

unlisted | user is taken off of participants list. if participant chooses to participate again, they can simply fill out the sign-up form again, or message / post & let me know what happened. c: i do not keep up with / save join dates. if your name is removed from the list, your join date is also removed & reset when you come back.

- - -

gaia_diamond Vanira [ joined 12.2o.14 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond paper adventures [ joined o1.15.15 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond dear thief [ joined o1.22.15 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond Mandeh Candeh [ joined o2.o5.15 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond Obfuscated_disillusion [ joined o6.o1.15 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond smutty cannibal prince [ joined o6.12.15 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond Kaleidomicroscopic [ joined 11.29.15 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond A Crime of Whimsy [ joined 12.29.15 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond KitTeaDeLight [ joined 12.30.15 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond Elliotyl [ joined 1.1.16 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond Blue Eyed Wallflower [ joined 1.2.16 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond 16birdie [ joined 1.2.16 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond sweet_pink_kari [ joined 1.3.16 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond Bootiful Lia [ joined 1.4.16 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond Menstrual Cramps [ joined 1.4.16 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond Lady of the Royal Forest [ joined 1.10.16 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond unchanging [ joined o1.21.16 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond Proxy Ghost [ joined o1.25.16 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond x-I-Is-Rissa-x [ joined o2.o1.16 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond Tazography [ joined o2.o4.16 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_diamond J e l I I y [ joined o2.16.16 ] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100

Thanks to the wonderful idea of a previous participant, a points system was enacted to help reward users for jobs well done ! c:

This system is purely optional. You can choose to opt-in or out by letting me know via your sign-up form, or by just telling me. Below are the values that you can earn through various activities. Prizes are given by the month (due to personal time constraints & that 100bil is NOTHING these days, tsk), with the top three participants receiving prizes while all others get "consolation," but related prizes or gold.

Start days are on the first day of every month, 12am EST, & the week ends on the last day of the month, 11:59 EST. I calculate points based on your post's time stamp ! For example, if your post has a time of 1:20AM on Sunday, your post will count for the new week, not for Saturday night (last week). If there are any questions about time discrepancies, please contact me.

There are three "big" slots--1st, 2nd, & 3rd. The prizes will be ranked, with all others getting "consolation" prizes, which will be smaller prizes of either gold or items. Each month will have a theme, with the prizes being related to that theme! 8D

Points will still be totaled weekly, & there will be a "leaderboard" of sorts. This will encourage you to keep participating if you're not where you want to be and further alert you of your progress you've made so far.

Here are the points you can earn from doing a variety of activities that deal with fitness & health :

Activity in the Thread | this involves having regular posts in the thread, displaying how active you are. keep in mind that skipping a day, but posting the next day with updates on two days still only counts as one day.

5 pts. - posted 1 - 3 days during the week.
10 pts. - posted 4 - 6 days.
15 pts. - posted all 7 days.

Activity outside the Thread | working out using any activity (cardio or strength).

5 pts. - exercised 1 - 3 days during the week.
10 pts. - exercised 4 - 6 days.
15 pts. - exercised all 7 days.

Steps per Day | for those who track their steps via any device, here's an extra boost in pointage for you !

1 pt. - walked 5000 steps or lower.
2 pts. - walked 5001 - 7000 steps.
3 pts. - walked 7001 - 9ooo steps.
5 pts. - walked 9001 + steps ! *the daily recommended is 10000*

Weight Loss | for those who are tracking the loss of weight, here's a boost in points for you~

1 pt. - maintained your weight for the week.
2 pts. - lost .5 - 1lb during the week.
5 pts. - lost more than one pound during the week ! *caution --losing more than 2 lbs per week is -not- recommended & is certainly not endorsed by yours truly*

Weight Gain | I don't want to leave out those who are looking to gain / bulk up ! here's what you can earn :

1 pt. - maintained your weight for the week.
2 pts. - gained .5 - 1lb during the week.
5pts. - gained more than one pound during the week ! *another precaution --I don't personally have experience with trying to gain rather than lose, & so I cannot say what's safe & what isn't. the points system should be used as a general guideline.

Inches Lost | This is for those who are measuring by inches lost instead of pounds! Please note that you can only track with weight lost OR inches lost. You cannot combine the two [ this is simply to keep fairness with regard to point counting ]. You may combine the total amount of inches lost from multiple areas.

1 pts. - maintained inches for the week.
2 pts. - lost 1/2 inch - 1 inch during the week.
5 pts. - lost 1 & 1/2 or more inches this week.

Completing the Monthly Challenge | the monthly challenge consists of something that I'll post to challenge you through each day. complete it, & you'll get 50 pts.

Water Intake | if you drink at least four glasses of water for the day (32 oz.), you'll receive 1 pt. for each day you complete this task. for eight 8-oz. glasses (64 oz.), you will receive 2pts. you must note this in your daily summary to get the credit (please total it).

Logging Food | including your food summaries &/or calorie count for the day within your daily log will give you an extra 2 points per day !

Logging Sleep | if you sleep at least 7 hours per day, include this in your log to obtain 1 point per day!

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100

current pot o' gold 95 bil gaia_gaiagold

[ Prizes for ] February, 2016

Theme of the Month -- i hope Senpai notices me ~

first place : custom avatar art by KitTeaDelight !~

second place : February 2016's Monthly Collectible !

third place : User Image

runners-up : User Image

- - - - - -

Please note--prizes are arranged by ABP/LBP at the beginning of the week. Any changes are at the discretion of the MP & its users & prizes cannot be rearranged. In the case of a tie, if the item is not available for all users, the users will get the gold equivalent of the item (the price that I paid for the item).

Donations of any sort are always accepted. c: It takes gold to run the points feature, & every little bit helps--especially with the uncertainty of the Gaian economy ! If you'd like to donate, please contact me. Your generosity is always appreciated.

Donors of 2016

gaia_diamond Obfuscated_disillusion -- Warm Windswept Beach Cut, Dolce the Cat, Antique Pierrot

gaia_diamond Lady of the Royal Forest -- Bitter Frost: Victory, Hell Portal, GoFusion Gold Charm Pack (10 Pack)

Donors of 2015

gaia_diamond l Aarika l -- 50bil !! ~
gaia_diamond Dream Me a Defect -- 448mil !!~
gaia_diamond Sagebomb -- 100bil !!~
gaia_diamond Amrita Vein -- June 2015 Monthly Collectible !!~

Donors of 2014

gaia_diamond Dream Me a Defect | 10.55mil !
gaia_diamond smutty cannibal prince | 2mil !
gaia_diamond Poppyseed Pancake | 150mil !!
gaia_diamond Dylllie | 5mil !
gaia_diamond l Aarika l 1bil !! + Autumn Glory & Fairies Abode !
gaia_diamond A Crime of Whimsy | 50bil !!

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100

This section is for those who'd like to share their fitness accomplishments. Progress pictures, stories, etc. are allowed here ! Please share your progress to encourage others who visit our thread ! c:

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100

You can use this section to advertise your own fitness blogs, threads, etc. Link exchanges are welcome ! Please, no item pushing / crazy fitness methods that you're trying to sell. Links can be removed at the discretion of the thread owner at any time if deemed to break the rules.

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100

Heyyyy everyone! I'm a bit late in starting this [ i meant to jumpstart this in the morning ] butttt. Here we go !~ This week kicks off the opening of the thread, as well as constant updates to each section to keep those who want to participate in the know. c":

You can drop by to say hello, or introduce yourself & your goals if you wanna participate! If there's a good bit of interest, I'll hold up my end of the deal & add prizes! If only one person joins, well...I guess we'll split the prizes for ourselves. emotion_dowant

OKAY SO.

I'll also use this thread for updating my own progress, of course. I'll try to post everyday my calories & activity--just as a way to keep on track.

You don't even have to join, but drop by & chat every now & then if you wanna. c:

Day One

Netted 1442 calories. Went to the gym, burned 445 calories. Not too proud of my sugar & carbs intake, but that's something to work on better as I go on.

Lonely Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Oh hi.

My name's April. :3

I wanna join.

What do I need to do? surprised

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Smooth Operator 100
Dream Me a Defect

n.n -gasps.- Someone's joiningg.

Hi there! Nice to meet you April. Well to join you just simply say just that. x3 I'll add you to the list! From here you can introduce yourself & your goals. c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff