Disagree 0.17099056603774 17.1% [ 145 ]
Total Votes:[ 848 ]

scair
Ammy-san
Ess The Shattered
Ammy-san
Ess The Shattered
Ammy-san

You know what?... As much as stupid as this is to say but somehow we knew this event is rigged. I think we still joined this team for the principle of the thing... Because we support Jack. The Easter Bunny deserved what he got because of his vanity and willingness to hurt someone who didn't deserve it. Santa was just a kid and there was no reason to hurt him.

agreed

a part of me, (if things "had" to be this way) would have rather them just tell us from the start we had no chance of actually winning in the storyline sense

that eventually the plot would say EB won no matter what, i would have had solace; i would have still picked jack

i just feel lied to, or insulted bc they believe i'm a sheep that believes it's all legit naturally

This is true. I feel like we have been lied to as well. If we never had a chance at the start, then why even try? Because we love Jack and even though he is an NPC and fictional, we still want to protect 'em. Best reason to fight in my opinion. Better fight a losing battle and giving our best than not trying at all. If we do lost, which is very likely with the system you have described (rather nicely by the way. Kudos for figuring it out, Bro. We needed the answers to this.), we can at least hold our heads high and say "We fought and we gave it all we got to help. Even though we lost, we fought for Jack."

well like i said, i thought i actual cracked the system a few days ago
but once they put the BOSS characters in, that's when the real variable came out

i'm almost positive i've readjusted for that but i still could be off a LITTLE
but either way yeah, it's fun for me either way (math stuff)

but yeah, i'd like answers, especially EXACTLY how those numbers in the Event Score are tallied

like WHAT EXACTLY do we do to make the score 240 something to 180 something ect

so basically when they added bosses and the variable came out... Isn't that kind of cheating? It's like adding extra to the total and there are two bosses on EB's part. The robo-bunnies and then EB himself. There is only Jack on our end...
do I hear jingle bells on the wind or is that death tolls can't tell
I'm with Easter Bunny!
Mercedeish
scair
[NPC] Devin
Mercedeish
[NPC] Louie

H E L L O S W E E T I E ,
                      Hey! Woah, a Jack NPC! That's the first I've seen. Yay Louie~!

But yeah, I'm pretty upset by all this. Merlin's Beard, it is not that difficult to create a fair battle system (though it is much more so when using only two teams) that does not immediately quash the 'underdog'! I agree that the smaller team should not be ruled out right away, but this strategy, even just of giving exp for being attacked, does not and is not working. [/sigh]

I wonder how this will work out long term. Do ya'll get the Dev Notices? Do you know they're implementing the battle system in for permanent?

L O V E
                      M E R C E D E S
I'm with Jack!
that semi surprises me but welcomed

What surprises you? That they're making it permanent? I got the impression that they were using this event as sort of a mass beta, and that is why they've been 'tweeking' it so much. Except that can't really be the case, since the only team affiliation that would make sense (to me) would be to have a 4 way battle with the towns like they did all those summers ago with the water balloon fighting.

L O V E
                      M E R C E D E S
I'm with Easter Bunny!
scair
Ammy-san
Ess The Shattered
Ammy-san
Ess The Shattered
Ammy-san

You know what?... As much as stupid as this is to say but somehow we knew this event is rigged. I think we still joined this team for the principle of the thing... Because we support Jack. The Easter Bunny deserved what he got because of his vanity and willingness to hurt someone who didn't deserve it. Santa was just a kid and there was no reason to hurt him.

agreed

a part of me, (if things "had" to be this way) would have rather them just tell us from the start we had no chance of actually winning in the storyline sense

that eventually the plot would say EB won no matter what, i would have had solace; i would have still picked jack

i just feel lied to, or insulted bc they believe i'm a sheep that believes it's all legit naturally

This is true. I feel like we have been lied to as well. If we never had a chance at the start, then why even try? Because we love Jack and even though he is an NPC and fictional, we still want to protect 'em. Best reason to fight in my opinion. Better fight a losing battle and giving our best than not trying at all. If we do lost, which is very likely with the system you have described (rather nicely by the way. Kudos for figuring it out, Bro. We needed the answers to this.), we can at least hold our heads high and say "We fought and we gave it all we got to help. Even though we lost, we fought for Jack."

but once they put the BOSS characters in, that's when the real variable came out

but yeah, i'd like answers, especially EXACTLY how those numbers in the Event Score are tallied

so basically when they added bosses and the variable came out... Isn't that kind of cheating? It's like adding extra to the total and there are two bosses on EB's part. The robo-bunnies and then EB himself. There is only Jack on our end...
I'm with Easter Bunny!

Icy Mage

13,600 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Caroling Champ 100
Mercedeish
scair
[NPC] Devin
Mercedeish
[NPC] Louie

But yeah, I'm pretty upset by all this. Merlin's Beard, it is not that difficult to create a fair battle system (though it is much more so when using only two teams) that does not immediately quash the 'underdog'! I agree that the smaller team should not be ruled out right away, but this strategy, even just of giving exp for being attacked, does not and is not working. [/sigh]

I wonder how this will work out long term. Do ya'll get the Dev Notices? Do you know they're implementing the battle system in for permanent?

L O V E
                      M E R C E D E S
I'm with Jack!

What surprises you? That they're making it permanent? I got the impression that they were using this event as sort of a mass beta, and that is why they've been 'tweeking' it so much. Except that can't really be the case, since the only team affiliation that would make sense (to me) would be to have a 4 way battle with the towns like they did all those summers ago with the water balloon fighting.

L O V E
                      M E R C E D E S
love you signature

Questionable Millionaire

9,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
Mercedeish

TIP FOR YOUR SIGNATURE. THAT IS BEAUTIFUL. IT CAUSED A RIPPLE IN THIS UNIT'S HUMOR CIRCUITS.

Magical Warrior

12,200 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Magical Gems 500
Alexander Dimenticanto used Mystic Wand against [NPC] Easter Bunny...It missed and [NPC] Easter Bunny counterattacked for 16 points of damage!

Magical Warrior

12,200 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
Alexander Dimenticanto used Enchanting Alchemy against [NPC] Easter Bunny...It missed and [NPC] Easter Bunny counterattacked for 43 points of damage!
scair
Ammy-san
Ess The Shattered
Ammy-san
Ess The Shattered
Ammy-san

agreed

I'm with Easter Bunny!

Shadowy Explorer

11,700 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Herry Rockabore used Restoring Panacea against [NPC] Peyo...It was successful and healed 26 points of damage.
scair
Ess The Shattered
Ammy-san
Ess The Shattered
Ammy-san
Ess The Shattered
"THE MAN" EDIT : I have been personally contacted by MOD idleRAT due to my outspoken posts about the event and staff, and how it has lead directly to the Gaia Site Feedback.

My sub-posts and threads with this material have already been deleted; as well as their links to Site Feedback. They gave me one last chance before deleting all of this thread.
I took it, but that doesn't mean I gave in. I merely compromised.
They obviously have the upper hand when it comes to censorship.
That being said, they know our frustration and our tension. Only time will tell if they make any sense of it.

This has happened in the past as well. This very same type of outcome and accordance.
Here are the final, absolute stats of Vampires vs Elves.
As you can see, the event was RIGGED.
User Image
You do the math. Von Helson should have won by more than 100 points.
Almost looks like someone from Team Gaia put whatever numbers they wanted in there.

I am not an attention @#$%^ - However, since we are already so close to "popular" status, I was hoping anyone that likes this thread that hasn't already <3'd it to do so.
It will help draw more viewers to this thread; as there is a lot more conversation here than battling; so the tally doesn't go up as much as battle threads. I'll take this edit down when we reach it; and it sticks.

FOREWORD : I don't hate Team Bunny. I actually like that they are trying their best too.
That being said ...

supreme edit : team jack is not working less hard than team bunny
they merely have more tools to work with
they have more tools because of team jack
team jack are the tools
i really shouldn't have to explain further
the system is immensely flawed

Is the Counter Attack Points and Being Hit Points.

The Reason Team Bunny went from 80 points below Team Jack on the first day, to always being 70 points in the lead; is because of Team Jack giving them Counter Attack and Being Hit points. (This also allows Bunny to level up faster than us BECAUSE OF US.)

The Easter Bunny NPC went from last place in the High Scores to triple the max ever in the high scores by doing NOTHING but get attacked by Jacks.

Also, even though Easter Bunny is only 2x Jack's NPC level - Easter Bunny represents more than 4x the experience gained in the same 20 hours.
This is irrefutable proof that the Battle System is Broken.

The ONLY reason Team Bunny is winning is because there are so many Jacks attacking them, therefore giving them UNEARNED points, limitlessly.

There is NO WAY for Jack's Team to win.
Even if there were a MILLION of us Jacks and we ALL HAD BOSS MODE; we would still lose this battle.
The battle engine is BROKEN; all Jacks should just give up and PROTEST.
There is a difference between LOSING a battle, and fighting an UNWINNABLE battle.

Let every single Jack PROTEST Team Gaia and quit the event right now.
Seriously, there is no point in being Sheep.

EDIT : Let it show that I previously did have a multi thousand reply post explaining and re-editing the algorithms for the battle system. At that point I had deduced that the system was indeed working, using what information I had.
It wasn't until the bosses were released into the battle and I was able to put in new data that I found out what happens when you insert a random superior variable that doesn't fit the rest of the data.
When minimizing this variable to what I previously had to work with, this was the result.
Team Bunny gained 200% favor in a single night in the Event Score.
NPC Easter Bunny gained 20000% individual favor in the High Scores in a single night.

Courtesy of Metternich

So we're damned if we fight and damned if we don't. Here's Uncle Kenny's battle formula.
Formula

Quote:
The event scores aren't rigged for or against either team. They're set up so that the team who is most active and dedicated will win. A team shouldn't win by default because a ton of people sign up for it and then do nothing. What counts is what the active members of each team are doing. I tweaked the formula from what we had last year which was:

Team Score = (Team Kills / # Team With > 10 attacks) + (Team Heals / # Team With > 10 heals)

With that setup, the team with less people just edged out the team with more. However, many pointed out that if Team Kills had been Team Attacks, the larger team would have won. I agreed so that's the formula I used for this year.

Team Score = (Team Attacks / # Team With > 10 Attacks) + (Team Heals / # Team With > 10 Heals)

The fact that Easter Bunny is so far ahead means that the members of that team are running circles around the members of Jack. The weighting isn't rigged for either team. It's set up to reward the team that can organize and efficiently battle better than the other team can.

My Thoughts :

The developers have made over a half dozen tweaks to the battle system in only the few first opening days. I highly doubt a "system" this simple actually works; nor do I believe it is actually working the way intended.

Seriously, it *is* a system, and it does "work" (as in stuff happens) however you already changed the system from previous years AND you have changed it this year. I'm sure it needs many more changes; and as previously stated, NO, it isn't correct.

EDIT : ALSO, TEAM JACK "CANT" WORK "AS HARD" BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE AS MANY "SUPPLIES AKA OPPONENTS" TO "BUILD" WITH.
THE BUNNIES ARE NOT FIGHTING CIRCLES AROUND US, THEY MERELY HAVE CIRCLES TO FIGHT WITH AND WE HAVE NOTHING.
SORRY THIS IS A RUSHED ANALOGY.

From this point on I will be quoting and tagging Admins and Developers to this post.
PRE-EDIT : I love Gaia. I'm only so Passionate because of my feelings for it.
Don't think I'm trying to destroy it, I'm not. I want to save it.

MONSTER EDIT : WAS PERSONALLY ORDERED TO UN-QUOTE MODS - DONE sad

agreed

ya I'd be intrested to see how it all broke down stare but I'll let you do the math unless it's electricity or fiber optics it's out of my math range rolleyes
I'm with Easter Bunny!

Icy Mage

13,600 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Caroling Champ 100
scair
Ammy-san
Ess The Shattered
Ammy-san
Ess The Shattered
Ammy-san

agreed

Both. Santa is in trouble and we are failing like none of your buisiness trying to save them.

Magical Warrior

12,200 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
Alexander Dimenticanto used Arcane Storm against [NPC] Easter Bunny...It missed and [NPC] Easter Bunny counterattacked for 46 points of damage!

Bloodthirsty Vampire

10,825 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Vicious Spirit 250
PokemonMasterNatalie used Mystic Wand against Haruka_Hiroi...It hit for 20 points of damage!

Bloodthirsty Vampire

10,825 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Vicious Spirit 250
PokemonMasterNatalie used Mystic Wand against [NPC] Rina...It missed and [NPC] Rina counterattacked for 81 points of damage!

Aged Lunatic

4,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Brandisher 100
Mercedeish
scair
[NPC] Devin
Mercedeish
[NPC] Louie

L O V E
                      M E R C E D E S
I'm with Jack!

L O V E
                      M E R C E D E S
redface I was talking about them putting devin on jack's team, ah the water ballon fights forgot about that but them, sticking with this style battle system has me concerned though. if it doesn't work why stick with it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff