Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Counter

+1 1 100.0% [ 283 ]
Total Votes:[ 283 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 >

Before I found myself in the situation that I am now, I though that polyfidelity/polyamory was simply an excuse for the marriage of sexual-gratification and variety.

I'm currently in a 2 (almost 3) year relationship with someone who's infinitely special to me; our relationship is freakishly perfect: We've never argued or had any fallouts because we know how integral it is to keep the channels of clear communication open.

But then, my first came back and I've known him for 6 years. Our bond was attenuated by a sudden distance that kept us apart for 4 and then one day he comes back. I'd never--

********, this is journal material.

But I'm so desperate to know: Can you love two people at the same time?
The 5th Horseman
Ninjette Arabia
The 5th Horseman
Since it's not a dictionary term, and you gave the VAGUEST description ever, a mere two words, I'll just make an assumption:

It's where you are dating someone, yet you both agree that sex with other people is okay, yes?

I don't mind that at all. I think anyone who can do that is very mature...

They are BOTH dictionary terms, and I figured that people were smart enough to look it up.
I plugged it into two dictionary searches, and neither had the word...

I forgot about wikipedia, though. Commonly do that. Not used to it, as it's still a new thing to me...

And I guessed correctly, more or less, anyway...

Yanno, I put it in Wikipedia, and it said the proper term is 'polyamory,' not 'polyamorism.'
My mistake.
Khymeira
Before I found myself in the situation that I am now, I though that polyfidelity was simply an excuse for the marriage of sexual-gratification and variety.

I'm currently in a 2 (almost 3) year relationship with someone who's infinitely special to me; our relationship is freakishly perfect: We've never argued or had any fallouts because we know how integral it is to keep the channels of clear communication open.

But then, my first came back and I've known him for 6 years. Our bond was attenuated by a sudden distance that kept us apart for 4 and then one day he comes back. I'd never--

I do. My husband and my best friend tear me in 2, sometimes.
I love my boys...but I'm married, and don't plan on leaving him.
My best friend and I hang out, and we occasionally have sex...but that's all. It will never go further.
Ninjette Arabia
Khymeira
Before I found myself in the situation that I am now, I though that polyfidelity was simply an excuse for the marriage of sexual-gratification and variety.

My best friend and I hang out, and we occasionally have sex...but that's all. It will never go further.
Oh man, that would kill me; to love him physically and then leave.
Does your husband know?
Ninjette Arabia

That would be the disadvantage, to me...

That it would be difficult on a person, emotionally, to have intimate involvement with more than one person...
Khymeira
Ninjette Arabia
Khymeira

Oh man, that would kill me; to love him physically and then leave.
Does your husband know?

Yes, and he's very understanding and supportive. He knows that I love him and would never leave him.
The 5th Horseman
Ninjette Arabia

That would be the disadvantage, to me...

That it would be difficult on a person, emotionally, to have intimate involvement with more than one person...

Sometimes, it is...but seeing as they're both in the military, there being the two of them keeps me sane...but it also makes it an emotional strain, as I worry about them both in this time of war.
Ninjette Arabia
Yes, and he's very understanding and supportive. He knows that I love him and would never leave him.
Your husband has an amazing capacity for understanding.

Argh, both of mine love me unconditionally and I am so torn; it's almost a physical ache. I'm sacrificial; I care about the feelings of other people more than I do mine, and I know that choosing one would break the heart of the other. I can't have what you do.
Khymeira
Ninjette Arabia

Argh, both of mine love me unconditionally and I am so torn; it's almost a physical ache. I'm sacrificial; I care about the feelings of other people more than I do mine, and I know that choosing one would break the heart of the other. I can't have what you do.
*pumps fist* Thank God for being undesirable... mrgreen

Wait...... Awwwwww. u_u
Khymeira
Ninjette Arabia

Not everyone can handle such things.
Sometimes, I don't think I can.
The 5th Horseman
Khymeira
Ninjette Arabia

Wait...... Awwwwww. u_u

But Love is beautiful, even if it can be confusing.
So far...you all either agree or wanna knnow more...now I KNOW that's not a true sampling of the Gaian population.

Comeon, y'all. I'm waiting for the first Bible-thumper.
twisted

Dangerous Genius

9,150 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Citizen 200
I don't ever see myself in a polyamorous lifestyle, but that's just me. If you and significant other(s) have come to terms with and accept it, then who am I to question it? If you're all happy and no one is harboring any resentment, them do what you feel is right. If people give you a hard time about it then it's their hangup, not yours.
The 5th Horseman
Khymeira
Ninjette Arabia

Wait...... Awwwwww. u_u
<3

I doubt it.

My thoughts paralleled your own where my own self-conceptuality was concerned. And then I find out that I have two boys and a girl who have a serious thing for me. That's just--

Oh man, it's a mind ********. It's not a good feeling, seriously.

Dangerous Genius

9,150 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Citizen 200
Ninjette Arabia
So far...you all either agree or wanna knnow more...now I KNOW that's not a true sampling of the Gaian population.

Comeon, y'all. I'm waiting for the first Bible-thumper.
twisted

I thumped a Bible once! I threw it out the window and it went "THUMP!"

^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out