Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Counter

+1 1 100.0% [ 283 ]
Total Votes:[ 283 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 >

I'm not for it.

HIV/AIDS, yo.

I think polyamory is a suitable practice. It's very legal in the U.S., and as far as I'm concerned, everywhere else. What is not legal is Polyfidelity, which is the marriage to more than one person. This is not legal in the U.S. for many reasons, a couple being:

1) It defies the sanctity of marriage
2) Tax breaks

Here's why I think those laws are retarded:
1) Marriage was borrowed from religious ceremonies, and only documented to show ownership of the man to the wife and all of her assets. This "union of love" was a "union of property" until after the 1800's when divorces became more prominent. Marriage was not always about love, especially in the Victorian Era. Marriage was about wealth and marrying into a suitable, wealthy lifestyle. Love was met elsewhere in romantic relations.

2) Tax breaks can be easily eliminated. If the U.S. is so damn concerned, here's a simple solution: Claim only one person, and only under that person may their kids also be claimed. That's a decent rule to avoid the "darkness" that is to come as far as taxes go.

I was in a polyamorous relationship, and although it ended, I thoroughly enjoyed it while it lasted. All of my emotional needs were met, and I had more people loving me. It was just a triad, my current boyfriend and our ex, but it was a great experience and certainly one we're open to experiencing again
[ Pine Cone ]
I'm not for it.

HIV/AIDS, yo.

What does that have to do with anything?
ONE person can give you ANY disease.
And you can give YOURSELF diseases. Ask Amber Dawn about the virgin who gave himself herpes.
Ninjette Arabia

Immoral is immoral is immoral. It can't be immoral for one type of person and okay for another, unless their PERSONAL morals differ.
I will repeat what I said earlier: I am a Christain, and so me taking part in a polyamorous/open relationship is immoral, because of the fact that I base my morals, on the teachings of the New Testement. I was not, in any way, impying that these morals are shared by anyone other then me/christains. I was unintentionally implying that my morals are to be shared by other christains though.

If you are not a Christain then I think that there is nothing wrong with Polyamorism, as long as the individuals in the relationship uphold their morals This is an obvious implication of the fact that, as you put it, PERSONAL morals differ.

Ninjette Arabia
Oh, my. Having lustful thoughts is sinful? But you can't control your thoughts. So you sin against your own will?
Its possible hun. 3nodding Like when someone makes me very very angry, and I impulsivly lash out, causing physical and emotional harm to the other person. Or when I get hurt or caught by suprise so I curse. Or even when I tell a little white lie, without thinking about it. (I am still basing this view of sin on what is seen as sinful, according to the teachings of the New Testement.)

Ninjette Arabia
Adultery? The definition of that word has changed multiple times. In the time that the Bible was written, adultery included sex before marriage. It doesn't any longer.
In the New Testament? Proof please.

Ninjette Arabia
Adultery (today, at least) = cheating. But is it cheating if the person who is being supposedly "cheated" on is okay with it? NO.
There is no such thing as adultery in open and polyamorous relationships.
Where did I say that people in polyamorous relationships are cheating? When I said:I am a Christain, and so me taking part in a polyamorous/open relationship is immoral, because of the fact that I base my morals, on the teachings of the New Testement. I was implying that it is immoral for me. This is a little redundant, isn't it?
I really don't think you can truly love more than one person at one time. Just my opinion.
I could never see myself doing that. I get very jealous I guess. I would like to think that I'm the only one my boyfriend loves like that.

But as long as its not me its really not up to me what peopel do. It's their life.
Darkeenya
I really don't think you can truly love more than one person at one time. Just my opinion.

So if I love my mother, I can't love my sisters? So if I love one sister, I can't love the others? So if I love my grandmother, I can't love my girlfriend?

Please, explain to me the difference there. If you can love more than one person in a platonic way, why can't you love more than one person in a romantic way? The only difference there is sexual attraction, which you can clearly feel for more than one person.
Too many words. wink
So long as nobody gets hurt in the process, I don't have a problem with polyamory. I'm a one-guy sorta girl personally, but hey, what other people get up to romantically and sexually has little- in fact, in most cases nothing- to do with any outside party.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff