Welcome to Gaia! ::

*Didn't read the first post*

HAR.
Itinerant
Quote:
Really girls like these make me want to be cruel to my own gender. I doubt they really thought those rules through and really don't even know what the hell they would want in a relationship.

Sigh, all girls ever want to make me want to do is get drunk. Either to forget that some of them could be that stupid, or to forget that I'm in love with one that's in the group of intelligent ones, and she doesn't feel the same way about me. Either way, not having talked to her, or reading this list, both really have me craving a hang-over right now.

Oh don't do that
You'll just make yourself sick AND miserable.
But who am I to involve myself in someone else's bad habits?
I don't find the list to be justified. The author is treating everything objectively, rather than subjectively according to the situation at hand.

For example: "20. Do not start with us. You will not win."
Depends on the situation. Perhaps person X said "2+2=4," followed by person Y disagreeing. Mathmaticians will undoubtly understand the outcome to this scenario.

"17. Three words . . . honesty, honesty, honesty."
God knows I've had guys that have lied straight up to me even after being [positively] honest with them. Again, depends on the situation and the people [variables in this case].

I do have expectations, however I'm beginning to believe that even they are considered "too high" for most, which is depressing since they're very basic [ex: don't cheat, don't pressure for sex, etc.]
Quote:
Oh don't do that

Good advice. I probably wouldn't, since I'm under-age, and it's difficult around here to get a drink. Still, I'd like something to keep my mind off things for a while, and that seemed like a good way. Oh well.
Itinerant
Quote:
Oh don't do that

Good advice. I probably wouldn't, since I'm under-age, and it's difficult around here to get a drink. Still, I'd like something to keep my mind off things for a while, and that seemed like a good way. Oh well.

Well I must admit drunken times tend to take your mind off things.
Namely things you really shouldn't take your mind off of.
That's why I don't let my bf drink when he's depressed...he forgets how happy he should be and focuses on the bad.
I hope you aren't that way and if you are that someone knows when to take the liquor from you.
Quote:
That's why I don't let my bf drink when he's depressed...he forgets how happy he should be and focuses on the bad.
I hope you aren't that way and if you are that someone knows when to take the liquor from you.

That's very true. I'd wager I'm a sad drunk, since I only really would to forget things that aren't going well. Meh, it's a tight-rope, talking about how you feel, and not having people yell about you being "OMGZ EMO!". It just sucks when you develop these feelings for someone, and they don't feel the same. And then the friendship changes, and it makes me wonder if we'd have been better off never having met. I must admit, I could go for something to take my mind off things right now. But I guess I shouldn't start in with the liqour, lest it become something I go to for every little thing.
That was an...interesting....read.
I agree with some of the points, but a lot are just pointless. I don't see why women are always trying to change their men into someone that they're not.
Itinerant
Quote:

That's very true. I'd wager I'm a sad drunk, since I only really would to forget things that aren't going well. Meh, it's a tight-rope, talking about how you feel, and not having people yell about you being "OMGZ EMO!". It just sucks when you develop these feelings for someone, and they don't feel the same. And then the friendship changes, and it makes me wonder if we'd have been better off never having met. I must admit, I could go for something to take my mind off things right now. But I guess I shouldn't start in with the liqour, lest it become something I go to for every little thing.

That's wise. Don't use liquor as a crutch.
Sometimes it's hard to accept that someone doesn't like you like you like them. It's all that damned human free will I tells ya.

loving_animosity
That was an...interesting....read.
I agree with some of the points, but a lot are just pointless. I don't see why women are always trying to change their men into someone that they're not.

Exactly.
It's retarded. Date a guy for who he is...don't just date a guy to change him.
If you want to do that date a moronic hillbilly wife beater and try to change that a*****e.
Goddess knows someone needs to change those people.
Quote:
Sometimes it's hard to accept that someone doesn't like you like you like them. It's all that damned human free will I tells ya.

Yeah, sometimes it's hard not to go for the quick fix, though.
And yes, it's very hard in some cases. All in all, I just want her to be happy. I'd give up everything if it meant she'd be happy. That's all I really want. Anyway, thanks for the talk. It really meant a lot that someone would just listen for a while. Nights like tonight make me wish I weren't human. I bet a fish doesn't have to deal with this shite.
that whole list is gay
i'm a girl and i am nothing like that
so dont worry
wink
Itinerant
Quote:

Yeah, sometimes it's hard not to go for the quick fix, though.
And yes, it's very hard in some cases. All in all, I just want her to be happy. I'd give up everything if it meant she'd be happy. That's all I really want. Anyway, thanks for the talk. It really meant a lot that someone would just listen for a while. Nights like tonight make me wish I weren't human. I bet a fish doesn't have to deal with this shite.

The fact you just want her happiness makes you a good guy. Sadly some girls just don't seem to grasp that good guys ARE fun to date
I wish I were a bit less cynical...maybe you could get some better advice out of me then.

And no dissing the mating rituals of fish. I'm sure it's very stressful.
Quote:
The fact you just want her happiness makes you a good guy. Sadly some girls just don't seem to grasp that good guys ARE fun to date
I wish I were a bit less cynical...maybe you could get some better advice out of me then.

And no dissing the mating rituals of fish. I'm sure it's very stressful.

I just wish things were different. I wish I could make her feel the same way she makes me feel just by holding my hand or smiling at me, but I can't, and I accept that. It's just hard at times.

Yeah, once again, you're right. I wouldn't wanna hafta swim upstream. Getting eaten by a bear would suck.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff