Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Only when the classes are gender-locked.

Loving Elder

I don't have a preference. I've played alot of games that had guys. But it never bothered me. NES days to current. As for online, I'm the same too. I mostly stick with real friends though if possible. And I only choose guys if I feel like I'm getting pestered and not being left alone as a female. It's kinda nice at time because when you're a guy character, you don't hassled much as from my exp. o..o I also like the one that has the best option to make the characters unique and pretty.

Aged Duelist

10,000 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
I prefer a male character. I like immersion and it helps if I can identify with my in-game avatar.
Despite my current.... ah, avatar, I tend to like manly things. I'm a girl but I play as a male pretty often just because I like the clothing/design options more. I'm much happier playing a hulking mass of armor and scar tissue than I am playing as some tits with pretty hair. If the design options are more flexible, though, I'll always take a tomboy/manly female over the male.

It's just how I roll as a direct result of the the industry's portrayal of ladies. -shrug-

Tasty Snack

She Krauser
Despite my current.... ah, avatar, I tend to like manly things. I'm a girl but I play as a male pretty often just because I like the clothing/design options more. I'm much happier playing a hulking mass of armor and scar tissue than I am playing as some tits with pretty hair. If the design options are more flexible, though, I'll always take a tomboy/manly female over the male.

It's just how I roll as a direct result of the the industry's portrayal of ladies. -shrug-

This.

I also find it easier to deflect unwanted attention playing as a male. Just because I'm a girl that plays games occasionally does not mean that I'm an e-slut or desperate or whatever.

Aged Lunatic

Takarashi
My only real gripe with playing female characters in MMOs is that, more often than not, you end up wearing a plate mail bikini. Putting aside the aspect of sex appeal, it never made sense to me to wear less armor.

The chainmail bikini syndrome is one that dies slow and painfully, sadly. ANd it's still not flatlined yet, despite being on it's deathbed...

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
GunsmithKitten
Takarashi
My only real gripe with playing female characters in MMOs is that, more often than not, you end up wearing a plate mail bikini. Putting aside the aspect of sex appeal, it never made sense to me to wear less armor.

The chainmail bikini syndrome is one that dies slow and painfully, sadly. ANd it's still not flatlined yet, despite being on it's deathbed...

To be fair nowadays it's only played for the lulz

or for lore reasons

unless it's from Asia

4,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I always in male body cuz i'm male wink
Well nice question
BTW opposite sex attracts and same sex deflect.

Eloquent Conversationalist

10,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
Games lIke phantasy star portable give girls better movements, hair, clothes and etc
Games like monster hunter give girls helmets with hair, armor that isn't always bulky or ugly.

I wouldn't say I play as girls alot, but most times, the tasteful styles are always on the girl side, unless the game doesn't stereotype... Like in untold legends... The warrior looked like he man, and the wizard looked like a grey saruman... The scout was small, had cool gear, and just happened to have boobs

Now okay, if you're playing like a chat game and you're fapping it while you run amok in a bikini... You suck, but a regular game? Think of how many girls have to be a guy just to play most games, and or not get harassed in sim games, grow up if you think its wrong... Think how many mmo fans have to sacrifice a helmets worth of defense or choose a female just to see the face they took hours to create
So long as it doesn't matter gameplay-wise, I'd rather stare at a girl for hours than a guy.

Eloquent Conversationalist

10,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
1Sunder
I'm a guy and I love playing as a female in games when ever I get the chance. Most of the time I love the clothes and their hair...and the male character normally looks ugly and dull. They rarely if ever have the same hair styles for the male characters in games that allow both, some games do but not very often sometimes never. And the clothes often look ten times better on the female character then the male clothes. I personally would like to see male versions of the same hair and clothes for both genders. And vise versa. I think it's unfair they have opposite clothing. There should be an option to choose the same clothing. Yes I am aware it would probably take longer to render male versions of each clothing style/equipment but I don't care. Yes I'm a girly guy and I'm proud of it. I love High Heels and styled hair. They never have feminine male lead roles...and when they do most of the time it depends on what "time period" its set in.
Be my friend... NOW lol

Lonely Exhibitionist

On FFXIII as soon as you're able to customize your battle team, I still always chose lightning. She was too hot/awesome to not to.
Valkyrie Queen
She Krauser

This.

I also find it easier to deflect unwanted attention playing as a male. Just because I'm a girl that plays games occasionally does not mean that I'm an e-slut or desperate or whatever.

Yeeeeeep. This kind of depends on the server you're on/game you're playing, though. Some communities are better than others.

Also also I suppose I will choose a male character over a manly female in instances where I know the fanbase will be obnoxious about how much of a "dyke" I am for being a tomboy/normal person. Sometimes the internet is real mature like that.

Dapper Bear

It depends on the game. Mostly, I play as a male character while being female. Other times, I play as a female. I have more male characters on the whole, if memory serves.
I almost always play as a female if there is the option I like playing a totally badass female since i'm a total shut in lol my husband also likes the females, the only male I have ever seen him play as willingly was Baltheir in FF12 blaugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff