Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok We all know that a lot of people played the games like Tomb Raider where you play as a girl, but they are fun.

We have girls playing games that a guy is the character you play as.

But I wanna know opinions of people who notice guys playing girls in like mmorpgs for the comment "I'd rather look at a chick the whole time I'm playing than a guy"

and I know some girls that have said the same for guys.

What is your opinion about this? Should gamers that are guys play as guys if they can or is playing a girl even though guy toons are available ok?

Same for the girls playing as guy's when girls are available. Though I haven't heard many complaints about girls playing as guys. Mostly guys playing as girls for example, Guys playing female blood elf and night elf in world of warcraft.

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
I mostly always play as a girl. But I don't see a problem with a man playing as a female. Why not?
Rim The Sky
I mostly always play as a girl. But I don't see a problem with a man playing as a female. Why not?

I personally don't have a problem with it. I have played both in world of warcraft. For example: Blood Elf Male. I refuse to play. But I played blood elf female, because I joined horde and wanted to be a paladin. Now tauren can be paladins lol.
There's no problem with an individual playing as the opposite sex in a role-playing game. To be honest, I think anyone who cites a preference for looking at the opposite sex while playing just feels threatened and wants to justify their character gender choice to cynical assholes who are giving them a hard time. Personally, whenever someone expects me to provide rational, tangible reasons for playing as a woman, my response is typically, "No, ******** you."

I do see some rationality to the idea that it's more enjoyable to look at a woman, though. Role-playing games tend to include an element of "playing dress-up", and although I'm a man and do not wear women's clothing, I'm a heterosexual who enjoys seeing women in certain types of outfits - and I don't think there's anything weird about a heterosexual man taking an inward pleasure in admiring a woman.

Tipsy Poster

Everyone has done it at least once.
i have

Hilarious Grabber

5,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
I would feel very gay if I could chose between a fully customizable man or female, and then chose the man.
Let's face it ~
People are nicer to female characters with cute pixels in the online world 4laugh

I really don't mind seeing guys playing as female characters, though O= They all have their reasons xD So why not ? c:

I myself have played as male characters to avoid being hit on by the other guys around haha xD
And plus ! O wO I got to make him look super cute in pink n n

User Image

User Image
I always play as a man. It just makes me feel... well... manlier.

Friendly Prophet

Cherubi o3o
Let's face it ~
People are nicer to female characters with cute pixels in the online world 4laugh

I really don't mind seeing guys playing as female characters, though O= They all have their reasons xD So why not ? c:

I myself have played as male characters to avoid being hit on by the other guys around haha xD
And plus ! O wO I got to make him look super cute in pink n n

I'm a guy, on games like Oblivion or Skyrim or Saints Row I'll make a female character to run around as, but in mmo's I'll generally have two characters, one male and one female. And I quote you because when I play a guy, I'll do the same thing and make him as feminine as possible but talk trash like nobody's business just to catch people off guard.

EDIT: Also what mmo is that? It looks like one of the many I have tried... (who am I kidding I've probably tested it; when it comes to mmos I've been around the block once too many times)
GasMan Hyjinks

I'm a guy, on games like Oblivion or Skyrim or Saints Row I'll make a female character to run around as, but in mmo's I'll generally have two characters, one male and one female. And I quote you because when I play a guy, I'll do the same thing and make him as feminine as possible but talk trash like nobody's business just to catch people off guard.

LOL.
It'd seem more surprising if you were an actual female char talking trash like nobody's business xD

User Image
I play both. Depends on which gender is more visually appealing.

Friendly Prophet

Cherubi o3o
LOL.
It'd seem more surprising if you were an actual female char talking trash like nobody's business xD

User Image

Haha, true statement there, but I usually leave that task up to my friend Krystle (at least when we used to play Runes of Magic; pvp servers, 90% of combat was trash-talking because the game so effing broken in favor of people with thick wallets.)

Also, what mmo is that you imaged in your first post? (I edited the question into my post, but it is highly likely you didn't see it. )
GasMan Hyjinks
Cherubi o3o
LOL.

User Image

Haha, true statement there, but I usually leave that task up to my friend Krystle (at least when we used to play Runes of Magic; pvp servers, 90% of combat was trash-talking because the game so effing broken in favor of people with thick wallets.)

Also, what mmo is that you imaged in your first post? (I edited the question into my post, but it is highly likely you didn't see it. )

That's how most free MMOs with PvP are :/
Gotta spend a bunch of real life money on a game just to get good gears u .u

Oops yeah, sorry xd I missed it.
There was a first version called "HoLic," but they shut it down a few years ago .. Like, 3 or 4.
Then "Cloud Nine" came out, and it's basically Holic 2. That's where my screenies are from xD But both games look the same, just a bunch'a new items and whatever lol

User Image
Cherubi o3o
I got to make him look super cute in pink n n
You fiend!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items