Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Capitalist

kisa Tsukihime
The Brutal Blitzer
kisa Tsukihime
The Brutal Blitzer
kisa Tsukihime
Depends on the owner and how computer illiterate they are.

No it doesn't you can get a virus without ever knowing. For example, just by visiting a site.
Same goes for consoles. In the case of hardware you can at least fix it/ upgrade it. Sounds like a better long term investment to me.

Except the chances of that happening on a console are extremely low, and fun fact, there are no known viruses on the PS3 and it's being monitored for unauthorized software everyday.

Yeah, it's a better long term investment if you want to spend the most money in the long run.
No virus in the PS3? Then how did anonymous manage to obtain personal information and potentially credit card information on most of the clients on the play station network with out a viral infiltration?

LOL, that was never confirmed.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/04/28/playstation-network-and-qriocity-outage-faq/

Benevolent Browser

9,225 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Angelic Alliance 100
The Brutal Blitzer
kisa Tsukihime
The Brutal Blitzer
kisa Tsukihime
The Brutal Blitzer
kisa Tsukihime
Depends on the owner and how computer illiterate they are.

No it doesn't you can get a virus without ever knowing. For example, just by visiting a site.
Same goes for consoles. In the case of hardware you can at least fix it/ upgrade it. Sounds like a better long term investment to me.

Except the chances of that happening on a console are extremely low, and fun fact, there are no known viruses on the PS3 and it's being monitored for unauthorized software everyday.

Yeah, it's a better long term investment if you want to spend the most money in the long run.
No virus in the PS3? Then how did anonymous manage to obtain personal information and potentially credit card information on most of the clients on the play station network with out a viral infiltration?

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/04/28/playstation-network-and-qriocity-outage-faq/
Well I did use the word potential. Reading that article it sounds like they were repeating the statements they were giving the news broadcasters. It was clearly euphemized. I mean it would be terrible business on their part to have a massive leak like that.

Greedy Capitalist

kisa Tsukihime
The Brutal Blitzer
kisa Tsukihime
The Brutal Blitzer
kisa Tsukihime

Well I did use the word potential. Reading that article it sounds like they were repeating the statements they were giving the news broadcasters. It was clearly euphemized. I mean it would be terrible business on their part to have a massive leak like that.

It sounds to me like it was a giant misconception altogether....

Benevolent Browser

9,225 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Angelic Alliance 100
The Brutal Blitzer
kisa Tsukihime
The Brutal Blitzer
kisa Tsukihime
The Brutal Blitzer
kisa Tsukihime

It sounds to me like it was a giant misconception altogether....
It could be.
I've always missed my Game Cube. I gave it up a long time ago. But then I got the 360 and to be fair, the gameplay has improved, though they are not the same company, and I would prefer to have my Game Cube back into my possession than the Xbox. No offence to the Xbox, but the old you was much better, and I played the Game Cube/ PS1 around the same time. Those had to be the best years of my life. Though I don't remember half of them, lol.

Greedy Gekko

........ -_- i will just stick with pc thx

Greedy Gekko

whee ........ -_- i will just stick with pc thx
Diavolica
Compare and contrast! Here is a topic reserved for comparing the console generations of the past and present. This includes but is not limited to:

• Master System vs NES
  • Genesis vs SNES
  • Game Gear vs Game Boy
  • Saturn vs PlayStation vs N64
  • Dreamcast vs PS2 vs Gamecube vs Xbox
  • DS vs PSP
  • Xbox360 vs PS3 vs Wii
  • Different versions of any console

The only exception is Xbox One vs PS4 vs Wii U, which has its own sticky. Other console wars should take place here.

Nintendo doesn't want to compete with PS4 and One, they're doing their own thing. And definitely PS4, never forget what Microsoft tried to do to screw over gamers
Grand Theft Auto fan
kisa Tsukihime
The Brutal Blitzer
kisa Tsukihime
PC dominates all.

Except that isn't a console...
Consoles are dumbed down versions of PC's you're right.

They're fine how they are, unless you really care about graphics more than anything.

What about moddable content? Ridiculous number of exclusives? Cheaper than hell prices? Free online multiplayer? Faster controls?

Greedy Capitalist

God Emperor Baldur
Grand Theft Auto fan
kisa Tsukihime
The Brutal Blitzer
kisa Tsukihime
PC dominates all.

Except that isn't a console...
Consoles are dumbed down versions of PC's you're right.

They're fine how they are, unless you really care about graphics more than anything.

What about moddable content? Ridiculous number of exclusives? Cheaper than hell prices? Free online multiplayer? Faster controls?

You can get mods on a PS3 using foreign software implemented into the system using a USB drive. Hell I've even modded my wii and got skin packs on smash bros, among other things like buffer hacks.

Ridiculous number of exclusives....I don't really recall many from the games I've played. But I do know you never got red dead redemption and you get most of your games late from rockstar.

Cheaper than hell prices? Are you talking about steam? because PS3 has a version of steam, regardless games go down in price in general, I got Red Dead Redemption GOTY edition for just 30 bucks....

Faster controls? Controls are only as fast as the player is....

Beloved Sweetheart

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: KO 200
console wars that will last forever. Just like shippings
Grand Theft Auto fan
You can get mods on a PS3 using foreign software implemented into the system using a USB drive. Hell I've even modded my wii and got skin packs on smash bros, among other things like buffer hacks.

And that's difficult to pull off, way expensive and it's frowned upon

Grand Theft Auto fan
Ridiculous number of exclusives....I don't really recall many from the games I've played. But I do know you never got red dead redemption and you get most of your games late from rockstar.

For every one exclusive that the PS3 gets, there are literally hundreds of exclusives on the PC.

Grand Theft Auto fan
Cheaper than hell prices? Are you talking about steam? because PS3 has a version of steam, regardless games go down in price in general, I got Red Dead Redemption GOTY edition for just 30 bucks....

So? Steam has sales such as the entire Tomb Raider collection including the latest for $14 while the used price for a PS3 for just the newest is $20.

Grand Theft Auto fan
Faster controls? Controls are only as fast as the player is....

And players are only as fast as the controls are.
Momentum_Killer1
Diavolica
Compare and contrast! Here is a topic reserved for comparing the console generations of the past and present. This includes but is not limited to:

• Master System vs NES
  • Genesis vs SNES
  • Game Gear vs Game Boy
  • Saturn vs PlayStation vs N64
  • Dreamcast vs PS2 vs Gamecube vs Xbox
  • DS vs PSP
  • Xbox360 vs PS3 vs Wii
  • Different versions of any console

The only exception is Xbox One vs PS4 vs Wii U, which has its own sticky. Other console wars should take place here.

Nintendo doesn't want to compete with PS4 and One, they're doing their own thing. And definitely PS4, never forget what Microsoft tried to do to screw over gamers

You mean like removing backwards compatibility and charging people for online multiplayer? Consoles are not the way to go.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff