Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Bunny

20,800 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Larkadroid

lost in the rhythm

May I ask if one of you would like to provide a screenie of yesterdays Fallen Quest sale?

Fluffy Bunny

20,800 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Zzyli
Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

Yum Moon sold Angelic Quest for 50 mil

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Yum Moon

May I ask if you're willing to confirm the quote above? (Preferrably with a screenie if possible.)

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Sharacia

Yum Moon

May I ask if you're willing to confirm the quote above? (Preferrably with a screenie if possible.)

I think that Yum may be on indefinite hiatus. He could be back though. (I know him, but sort of only as a friend of some friends).

Fluffy Bunny

20,800 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Zzyli
Sharacia

Yum Moon

I think that Yum may be on indefinite hiatus. He could be back though. (I know him, but sort of only as a friend of some friends).

Well, it's worth a try.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Sharacia

Well, it's worth a try.

Absolutely 3nodding

Fluffy Bunny

20,800 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Zzyli
Sharacia

Well, it's worth a try.

Absolutely 3nodding

By the way, since you like numbers, would you mind checking the bottom of the first post (the Marketplace Data part) of this thread and tell me my calculations aren't way off.

If they're not, I suspect gaia has a serious issue regarding the ABP values of the marketplace.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Sharacia

By the way, since you like numbers, would you mind checking the bottom of the first post (the Marketplace Data part) of this thread and tell me my calculations aren't way off.

If they're not, I suspect gaia has a serious issue regarding the ABP values of the marketplace.

Your figures look fine to me. I've suspected for a long time that Gaia's method of calculating ABP takes some kind of 'recent purchases' into account, and doesn't look at long-term trends. Which is why when I price things to sell, unless I'm in a hurry & want them gone, I tend to look at the graphs, which are far more indicative of the average price than the ABP is (except for small-volume sales like the Quests).

I got a more reasonable value for the first Angelic Sale by using ABP (53,051,400)*2-90,000,000. This spat out a figure of ~16,000,000.

Not sure what to do with Risen, as we don't have a cost value on either MP sale, but I do think that the first Risen was the first quest to be found and got sold for a REALLY low price.

Either way, I have no idea what kind of algorithm Gaia is using to get these figures, but it's sure not the one that I'd be using.

Fluffy Bunny

20,800 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Zzyli
Sharacia

Your figures look fine to me. I've suspected for a long time that Gaia's method of calculating ABP takes some kind of 'recent purchases' into account, and doesn't look at long-term trends. Which is why when I price things to sell, unless I'm in a hurry & want them gone, I tend to look at the graphs, which are far more indicative of the average price than the ABP is (except for small-volume sales like the Quests).

I got a more reasonable value for the first Angelic Sale by using ABP (53,051,400)*2-90,000,000. This spat out a figure of ~16,000,000.

Not sure what to do with Risen, as we don't have a cost value on either MP sale, but I do think that the first Risen was the first quest to be found and got sold for a REALLY low price.

Either way, I have no idea what kind of algorithm Gaia is using to get these figures, but it's sure not the one that I'd be using.

Well, I know for a fact that the previous ABP (and only other sale) for the Angelic Quest was 1.000.000, I saw it get sold when vending (missed it by a second or two), I just don't have any screenshots to prove it. In my book this should yield a new average of 45.500.000 (91.000.000/2). The number you got seems to be the error I encountered.

Also the latest MP sale on Risen was 35m, I'm fairly certain of this.

Anyway, whatever they do to mess up the numbers it's not something we can see I guess. Thanks for your input though.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Zzyli
Sharacia

Gaia's ABP definitely doesn't take long-term trends into account. That's why you should always check the Graph.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Sharacia

Well, I know for a fact that the previous ABP (and only other sale) for the Angelic Quest was 1.000.000, I saw it get sold when vending (missed it by a second or two), I just don't have any screenshots to prove it. In my book this should yield a new average of 45.500.000 (91.000.000/2). The number you got seems to be the error I encountered.

Also the latest MP sale on Risen was 35m, I'm fairly certain of this.

Anyway, whatever they do to mess up the numbers it's not something we can see I guess. Thanks for your input though.

Yeah... I'm not sure how we can work out what kind of algorithm is being used. Possibly if a couple more quests sold through the MP, we could have a better guess... but I'm really in the dark to be honest sweatdrop

Sharacia
Larkadroid

lost in the rhythm

May I ask if one of you would like to provide a screenie of yesterdays Fallen Quest sale?

Here you go. ^ - ^
http://i50.tinypic.com/2nvf9fq.png

Fluffy Bunny

20,800 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
lost in the rhythm
Sharacia
Larkadroid

lost in the rhythm

Here you go. ^ - ^

Nice, ty.
And gratz on the sale.
Sharacia
lost in the rhythm
Sharacia
Larkadroid

lost in the rhythm

Here you go. ^ - ^

Nice, ty.
And gratz on the sale.
Thank you. c:

Apocalyptic Abomination

17,425 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
well i guess I'm saving up at least 80M for fallen just in case

thanks for this thread, it's amazing, gotta catch em all!

Fluffy Bunny

20,800 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Nucking Futs Hatter
well i guess I'm saving up at least 80M for fallen just in case

thanks for this thread, it's amazing, gotta catch em all!

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces