Welcome to Gaia! ::

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
girffrommars
I am so glad I found this thread!
I was out of Gaia for over two years and just started playing again and the Alchemy confuses the F*@# out of me.

Thank you.

Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

You're welcome. Alchemy's not necessarily the most transparent thing, but there's heaps of guides, and it's a quiet enough forum that most of the good ones stay on the front page.

2 year hiatus? I imagine that you'd have a whole lot of stuffs to catch up on then.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Magnetic Phantom

Perpetual Reason
Anjoulie
Perpetual Reason
Thank you for the guide. I came back recently and discovered the new Gaia addition, new achievements from what I can see too but I have yet to find that guide. A friend of mine has 2k more points then me.

Loooook, the Guides & Resources forum is your friend. :3

Thank you I didn't even know this existed. I don't use the forums often anymore.

You're welcome. :3
It's a subforum of QA and GCD - btw if you need to find people to help you with achievements, the GCD also has a subforum for those.
It's helpful for the gender-related ones, for example.
Have fun! heart

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100

~Legal Bump~

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100

~Legal Bump~ (It's okay to talk to me guys, honest)

I've updated the efficient levelling section a little, as Lei Trigar has gone & sought out easier paths for each level.

Magnetic Phantom

Zzyli

(It's okay to talk to me guys, honest)

I've updated the efficient levelling section a little, as Lei Trigar has gone & sought out easier paths for each level.

(Okay, then. :3)

Now if only people actually read your guide. emotion_donotwant sad

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Anjoulie

(Okay, then. :3)

Now if only people actually read your guide. emotion_donotwant sad

Yeah. Horse to water etc. Drink etc. *sighs*

At least then you can just send people over instead of having to type things out yourself.

Magnetic Phantom

Zzyli

Yeah. Horse to water etc. Drink etc. *sighs*

At least then you can just send people over instead of having to type things out yourself.

Yeah. gonk

Dangerous Dabbler

Zzyli

~Legal Bump~

Hi, I love your guide and I've been sending people here. ^_^

But maybe could you change the topic title to have "[GUIDE]" in front? or even "[*GUIDE*]" ?

Because people always seem to need to be whacked with a clue-by-four to see this type of thing, even if it's on the front page of a forum. rolleyes

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Cimeara

But maybe could you change the topic title to have "[GUIDE]" in front? or even "[*GUIDE*]" ?

Because people always seem to need to be whacked with a clue-by-four to see this type of thing, even if it's on the front page of a forum. rolleyes

Sure thing! I suppose it could be helpful, and I also have a stash of 2 by 4s if needed xd

Dangerous Dabbler

Zzyli
Cimeara

Sure thing! I suppose it could be helpful, and I also have a stash of 2 by 4s if needed xd

If it keeps even one newbie a week from posting "hey how do I get started?", it's better than not. blaugh And it'll also help catch their eye when you get the purple people eater liked-it icon attached to the thread.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100

~Legal~

Moonlight Bunny

22,725 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Zzyli

~Legal Bump~ (It's okay to talk to me guys, honest)

Any chance you could mention that buying and selling alchemy components belong in the Item Alchemy Exchange forum, instead of here? It's not like that forum has any other purpose, it's purely for buying and selling, I don't know why people won't use it, but every day there's about 6 threads posted here instead.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Erynnis_Tristis

Any chance you could mention that buying and selling alchemy components belong in the Item Alchemy Exchange forum, instead of here? It's not like that forum has any other purpose, it's purely for buying and selling, I don't know why people won't use it, but every day there's about 6 threads posted here instead.

I sure can & will! Though, considering the people who do that are the people who probably don't read guides... I don't know how effective it will be. sweatdrop . Though, if it even stops a couple of misplaced threads for the FAs/mods to move, I suppose it would be worth it.

There's also the people who land in here one over from the Exchange & just post without checking too much. The lack of, I don't know, SELLING, threads should be a giveaway.

Moonlight Bunny

22,725 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Zzyli
Erynnis_Tristis

I sure can & will! Though, considering the people who do that are the people who probably don't read guides... I don't know how effective it will be. sweatdrop . Though, if it even stops a couple of misplaced threads for the FAs/mods to move, I suppose it would be worth it.

There's also the people who land in here one over from the Exchange & just post without checking too much. The lack of, I don't know, SELLING, threads should be a giveaway.

I thought it might fit in the part about 'where do components come from'. You're probably right, it won't stop all the misplaced threads.

Then all we need is to convince people that there is no 'easy, cheap and/or profitable way' to level up in alchemy. lol

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Erynnis_Tristis

I thought it might fit in the part about 'where do components come from'. You're probably right, it won't stop all the misplaced threads.

Then all we need is to convince people that there is no 'easy, cheap and/or profitable way' to level up in alchemy. lol

The real money in Alchemy is in supplying. I'm levelling because it's interesting. It's full of spreadsheets & stuff like that which makes me want to get up in the morning. Even as a Level 10, you're still not really making serious amounts of gold. Zeek did it right by making that Case store & using that to fund his wings (though that's a popcorn worthy situation right now).

I don't want to discourage people too much though. I'm not sure if that's me being kind or cruel blaugh .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff