• Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Zzyli
Queentintin
Zzyli
LINKS IN AND OUT

User Image

I've got a basic banner for this thread if you would like to link to it in other locations.
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.81214413][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MqWjc0K.png/IMG][/url]

I'm sorry but your banner links us to another thread, here!
https://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/i-hate-it-when-i-just-miss-the-bus-or-train/t.81214413/

and to think I had it on my profile lol

That is both hilarious and mortifying. I must have messed up when copying the thread ID. xd

I've fixed up the front page now so it should link to the correct thread!

Thank you xd

and Merci <3 will gladly copy link ^^

Shy Demigod

27,725 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Thanks for all your hard work! This has been a great resource for me!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Bumping this.

Sparkly Lunatic

14,725 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Tycoon 200

Fused Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
emotion_ghost emotion_bigheart

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Hey, I don't know if anyone's said this before, but a way to level up for the low levels (1-2) would be buying a philosopher's cache pack from the marketplace (often containing 100-500 philosopher caches in 1 go, and going for around 40m-50m so it's very cheap compared to some items) and opening them (it only takes 1 click in the inventory to get 100-500 philosopher caches from the bundle). Then buying a philosopher's cache bundle formula (level 1) which only has the requirements of the number of philosopher caches it needs in the bundle to craft, and you craft a philosopher's cache pack.

You can then reopen that to get individual philosopher caches in 1 click, keep buying the philosopher cache bundle formula and using your individual caches to craft until you're above level 2.

It's not the fastest (I found it easier to buy in bulk, cause I brought like...10 100 bundles of philosophers cache sand opened/crafted in bulk) but it is easier than some ways because the ingredients are very available (philosopher caches are always available), cheap compared to some ingredients, and you can recycle them after each one. And it virtually has a 100% success rate of crafting each time.

Idk, I just thought to mention it. I wish there was something like that for the higher levels though xD (I'm like...<5 exp away from level 4...>< wink
Also...I'm kinda confused as to what levelling packs are. Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't find anything like that in the bifrost.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
CretaceouslyExtinct
Also...I'm kinda confused as to what levelling packs are. Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't find anything like that in the bifrost.
They're in there. It's just that the Bifrost's organization is esoteric to the point of being almost useless.

If you sort by Date (Newest), the Level-up Bundles will all be grouped together on Page 3. The Level-up Bundle for a given level costs that level times 100 GC, and you'd need to buy ten of them to achieve level-up just from them. If you buy a Bundle, you'd then need to select the Bundle from the Special tab of your inventory, and open it to receive an Alchemy Formula and all of the components needed to craft that formula.

Note that the Level-up Bundle for a given level is the one you'd need to use when you are that level, in order to earn XP that will help you advance beyond that level. For example, the Level 5 Alchemy Bundle is one you'd use when you are level 5, not one you'd use to reach level 5.
Platonix
Thanks! Ah, I still can't benefit because I'm not a gaia cash user. When I came across it in the guide I thought it seemed like something for cash users only, but because it said 'this isn't the cheapest method for gold users' I thought you could buy it for gold as well in bifrost (just not as cheap). However I found out it's solely for cash, and there's no listings for it in the marketplace...

Oh well. I guess I'll try levelling up the long way then; on the bright side it will probably feel more worth it if I get there, but can I suggest the wording of the guide be updated just in case someone else gets confused? ^^ Something like, 'however, note that this can only be brought for gaia cash and marketplace listings are variable for them' would suffice :3

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
CretaceouslyExtinct
Platonix
Thanks! Ah, I still can't benefit because I'm not a gaia cash user. When I came across it in the guide I thought it seemed like something for cash users only, but because it said 'this isn't the cheapest method for gold users' I thought you could buy it for gold as well in bifrost (just not as cheap). However I found out it's solely for cash, and there's no listings for it in the marketplace...

Oh well. I guess I'll try levelling up the long way then; on the bright side it will probably feel more worth it if I get there, but can I suggest the wording of the guide be updated just in case someone else gets confused? ^^ Something like, 'however, note that this can only be brought for gaia cash and marketplace listings are variable for them' would suffice :3

Technically you could buy GC gift cards with gold and use them to purchase the levelling packs if you wanted to. You don't need to spend real money in order to purchase GC. I still wouldn't advise it as it's super cost ineffective.

Also as a side note, the formulae from these bundles can be listed in the MP on their own and because they have 100% success rate it saves you the frustration of a potentially really high number of attempts per craft if you're lucky enough to grab a listing; you can use any components. The formulae are denoted as "Special Formula", but inexplicably, "special" is not a searchable tag on these formulae, so you'll have to look them up by the formula name. For example, this is the listing for Minotaur Horn. I wouldn't hang out for them, but you could pop them on your wishlist and keep an eye on the listings as you level.

The bundles are sort of a weird relic of an earlier time on the site in terms of their pricing, like how you can buy a single cache in the Bifrost for 50k gold or 250GC. Alchemy is super bizarre in some regards as there's some legacy pricing which has both made certain things considerably more accessible, and others considerably more challenging to obtain.
Zzyli

Technically you could buy GC gift cards with gold and use them to purchase the levelling packs if you wanted to. You don't need to spend real money in order to purchase GC. I still wouldn't advise it as it's super cost ineffective.

Also as a side note, the formulae from these bundles can be listed in the MP on their own and because they have 100% success rate it saves you the frustration of a potentially really high number of attempts per craft if you're lucky enough to grab a listing; you can use any components. The formulae are denoted as "Special Formula", but inexplicably, "special" is not a searchable tag on these formulae, so you'll have to look them up by the formula name. For example, this is the listing for Minotaur Horn. I wouldn't hang out for them, but you could pop them on your wishlist and keep an eye on the listings as you level.

The bundles are sort of a weird relic of an earlier time on the site in terms of their pricing, like how you can buy a single cache in the Bifrost for 50k gold or 250GC. Alchemy is super bizarre in some regards as there's some legacy pricing which has both made certain things considerably more accessible, and others considerably more challenging to obtain.

Thanks! I didn't know you could get gaia gift cards with cash, though you are right, the prices are very cost ineffective xD

Thanks! Also didn't know about that, but it'll help greatly. Aaaah heart smile

Yeah, figured, I hope one day the gold drops to levels where those store prices seem normal but...I don't think that's happening anytime soon...
For the winged mastery achievement, by every type and colour, are they only talking about the ones from philosopher caches (e.g. aquamarine michael's wings, emerald michael's wings) or every single wing formula (including ones like sugary wings, rainbow pixie wings etc)?

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
CretaceouslyExtinct
For the winged mastery achievement, by every type and colour, are they only talking about the ones from philosopher caches (e.g. aquamarine michael's wings, emerald michael's wings) or every single wing formula (including ones like sugary wings, rainbow pixie wings etc)?

Wow, that description is actually super useless considering all the new wings which have been added to the Alchemy system. sweatdrop I'll add a qualifier to the front page as well, but "all" the wings refers to all the wings you can craft using Inizio quest chains; Angelic, Celestial, Fallen, Risen, Demonic, and Devilish quests (which yield the alchemised versions of Michael's Wings, Archangel's Wings, Lucifer's Wings, Selaphiel's Wings, Beelzebub's Wings, and Devil's Wings respectively when done). The ones made from caches are far newer and don't count towards the mastery. There's also some wings which users have recoloured which have "Alchemized" in their item name but don't come from Alchemy. This is really confusing and perhaps less than ideal.
Zzyli

Wow, that description is actually super useless considering all the new wings which have been added to the Alchemy system. sweatdrop I'll add a qualifier to the front page as well, but "all" the wings refers to all the wings you can craft using Inizio quest chains; Angelic, Celestial, Fallen, Risen, Demonic, and Devilish quests (which yield the alchemised versions of Michael's Wings, Archangel's Wings, Lucifer's Wings, Selaphiel's Wings, Beelzebub's Wings, and Devil's Wings respectively when done). The ones made from caches are far newer and don't count towards the mastery. There's also some wings which users have recoloured which have "Alchemized" in their item name but don't come from Alchemy. This is really confusing and perhaps less than ideal.
Thanks! Yeah, I suspected it was only those wings, but I couldn't double check because the forum search bar is still not fixed burning_eyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff