Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Anjoulie
WideEyed
Zzyli
They used to be found in Gaia's various different rare events (Gold Giftboxes, Pink Giftboxes etc.), but are now only found in the Alchemist's Case, Enki's Catch, Enki's Drop, or the Bifrost. Please don't waste your time opening other boxes in the hope of finding formulae.

Sorry to bug you, but do you know if this is still the case?

If they were available in PGB's at one point, and no longer are, I'm gonna kick myself for not having opened the 120 some odd PGB's I've been sitting on for ages now. xp

Don't beat yourself up about this. I opened about 70 PGBs and a few other boxes before the change was made and didn't get a single useful formula. ^^
And those that are now still in the case were case-exclusive even then. So it's not like you missed out on a chance to get anything really expensive, no worries. :3

As I said in the other Post....oh well. wink
C'est la vie. wink

Magnetic Phantom

WideEyed
C'est la vie. wink

*looks at your other post*
They were added to The Bifrost after they got removed from the boxes. wink
Much easier than hoping to get them randomly.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Anjoulie
WideEyed
C'est la vie. wink

See's your point of course, but wonders why they couldn't have done both?
I haven't actually opened a PGB in months and months simply because I know there's nothing really interesting to be found in them.
Having a shot at something that would help you in Alchemy would make them interesting again.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
WideEyed
Anjoulie
WideEyed
C'est la vie. wink

I haven't actually opened a PGB in months and months simply because I know there's nothing really interesting to be found in them.
Having a shot at something that would help you in Alchemy would make them interesting again.
Well, the Pink Giftboxes do contain the Angelic Camisole and Nitemare Bustier, and the Angelic and Nitemare Headbands. The Brown Giftboxes contain the Angelic and Nitemare Collars and Boots, and the Angelic Gloves and Nitemare Claws. The Blue Giftboxes contain all of the above. And to finally get to my point, those items are all needed to craft the Backwings formulas.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
WideEyed

Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

I guess it's because when you get down to it, it's a lot better to know that you are getting a particular formula when you buy it from the shop, than to maybe get it out of the box. Though I suppose they could have kept it in. It's like people who play RIGs instead of buying the items outright (thought that's a smidge different, as said items only come from RIGs).

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Magnetic Phantom

WideEyed

I dunno. wink I actually only played some BG so I could get some PGBs to open for fun.
But I haven't since they changed the contents. ^^

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100

*pokes this back up to the top of the page*

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
I just linked someone to this thread, and then realized it needs an update. You talk about buying Pancakes in the FAQ. wink

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Platonix
I just linked someone to this thread, and then realized it needs an update. You talk about buying Pancakes in the FAQ. wink

Give a girl a break. I've been flat out this weekend wink

It was my intention to give this a fix ASAP. Pancakes are no longer a problem, and I'm going to need to grab some new screenshots too.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100

Updated front page to reflect pancake changes.

Apocalyptic Carnivore

30,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
thank you very helpful!!! (n_n)
This certainly puts everything into perspective, makes me not even want to bother, as I am neither rich, nor lucky. emotion_facepalm

Pretty good guide, though, if I do say so. yum_puddi

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Sweetdiculous
This certainly puts everything into perspective, makes me not even want to bother, as I am neither rich, nor lucky. emotion_facepalm

Pretty good guide, though, if I do say so. yum_puddi

Thanks! With the current system design, Alchemy at an advanced level is for the insanely rich/dilligent/lucky if you want to get to the higher levels. It's a difficult balance between making things so easy no-one wants them (ZOMG recipes anyone?) and so hard that they are near impossible. I'd say that Alchemy is over 9000 times easier than it was when launched blaugh , but still certainly not for everyone (at least to reach Level 10/make backwings).

Invisible Phantom

9,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Champion 300
I knew I have seen you before! I read your Dms Guide When I had started Dms biggrin It help a bunch thank you

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff