I have no idea how I got here. 0.18552036199095 18.6% [ 205 ]
Total Votes:[ 1105 ]

Bashful Cutie-Pie

12,800 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Thread Flip 150
Jace Quin

Hello! I have a couple of bags of win 2 that I've been holding since 2008 (I don't even remember buying them, but obviously it must have appealed to me at the time). I wanted some advice on how to go about getting the most profit from them. The graphs on sales and price are kind of scattered so I'm not sure if I should sell it unopened, open it and sell contents, wait it out, or do something else with it like using it in trade? I seem to have a bit of true virtual item hoarding tendencies where if I hold it too long it's hard to let it go- even if I never use it myself xp I thought I could maybe use the gold I get from them for my (intentional) hoarding journey.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
ComputerBaby
Jace Quin

Hello! I have a couple of bags of win 2 that I've been holding since 2008 (I don't even remember buying them, but obviously it must have appealed to me at the time). I wanted some advice on how to go about getting the most profit from them. The graphs on sales and price are kind of scattered so I'm not sure if I should sell it unopened, open it and sell contents, wait it out, or do something else with it like using it in trade? I seem to have a bit of true virtual item hoarding tendencies where if I hold it too long it's hard to let it go- even if I never use it myself xp I thought I could maybe use the gold I get from them for my (intentional) hoarding journey.

Do not open it. Bag of Win 2 still has the same assortment of items inside it as it did back in 2008. Opening it will not net you more than trying to sell the bag itself. I would list it in the MP in the hopes that it sells there but I would also try to actively sell it in the MP or trade it for an item that is easier to sell.

Bashful Cutie-Pie

12,800 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Thread Flip 150
Jace Quin
ComputerBaby
Jace Quin

Do not open it. Bag of Win 2 still has the same assortment of items inside it as it did back in 2008. Opening it will not net you more than trying to sell the bag itself. I would list it in the MP in the hopes that it sells there but I would also try to actively sell it in the MP or trade it for an item that is easier to sell.

Okay then- I'll keep it unopened and try out selling in MP first and if it doesn't sell well I'll look at the Exchange for my next plan of action. Thanks for the advice!

Sparkly Gekko

14,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Love Machine 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Should I buy the Impractical Gala bundles now?

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Crystalized Cherri
Should I buy the Impractical Gala bundles now?

Usually the best time to buy is two to three weeks after they were released.
Hey Jace, what is your opinion on the buying and selling of outfits?

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Spicy Camel

In terns of what?
Jace Quin
Spicy Camel

In terns of what?

Do you believe that it's a good idea to buy outfits and sell the pieces individually?

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Spicy Camel
Jace Quin
Spicy Camel

In terns of what?

Do you believe that it's a good idea to buy outfits and sell the pieces individually?

In my experience most outfits are priced higher than the value of their components. However if they were priced lower than the sum of their components they would be worth buying to sell as separates. But identifying outfits worth more by selling separately would be a fair amount of work. I just don't think it would be worth the time and effort.
Jace Quin
Spicy Camel
Jace Quin
Spicy Camel

In terns of what?

In my experience most outfits are priced higher than the value of their components. However if they were priced lower than the sum of their components they would be worth buying to sell as separates. But identifying outfits worth more by selling separately would be a fair amount of work. I just don't think it would be worth the time and effort.

I see, thanks for the input.

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Oh yeah, another question...do you consider buying MC letters on the 12th, and then reselling on the 15th to be a form of hoarding? I mean, I'd consider that and advance chances to be...super short-term hoarding, just because you are holding onto it for an extended period of time, but you're profiting quicker.

Either way, I've found that I like the short term hoards, because I'm always busy buying, and then almost right after I'm done buying, it's like I'm selling again. I have little downtime, which means less time wondering what the prices are, less time worrying, etc.

I find short term hoards to be my favorite. Which is actually why I wanted to look into REIs, though...they are apparently risky.
But the issue that I have is...I know that longer hoarding is probably better for me, the profit percentage becomes greater.
~King Awesome

Adored Sweetheart

9,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
hiya, I have another question. I've seen some people mention making money off of birthstone items. Do you believe there's money to be made there?

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I-Lost-Me-Mittens
hiya, I have another question. I've seen some people mention making money off of birthstone items. Do you believe there's money to be made there?

Yes. Lol, I do it every month, and I've found it to be profitable. Percentage wise, it's really profitable.
Total gold wise, it's not as profitable, since you could profit 2x, 3x, 4x the amount that you profit with a birthstone buy buying a CI. :3
~King Awesome

Adored Sweetheart

9,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
King Awesomolocity
I-Lost-Me-Mittens

Yes. Lol, I do it every month, and I've found it to be profitable. Percentage wise, it's really profitable.
Total gold wise, it's not as profitable, since you could profit 2x, 3x, 4x the amount that you profit with a birthstone buy buying a CI. :3
~King Awesome

thanks for your response smile
Is the timing to buy birthstone pieces similar to the timing on event items?

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
King Awesomolocity
Oh yeah, another question...do you consider buying MC letters on the 12th, and then reselling on the 15th to be a form of hoarding? I mean, I'd consider that and advance chances to be...super short-term hoarding, just because you are holding onto it for an extended period of time, but you're profiting quicker.

Either way, I've found that I like the short term hoards, because I'm always busy buying, and then almost right after I'm done buying, it's like I'm selling again. I have little downtime, which means less time wondering what the prices are, less time worrying, etc.

I find short term hoards to be my favorite. Which is actually why I wanted to look into REIs, though...they are apparently risky.
But the issue that I have is...I know that longer hoarding is probably better for me, the profit percentage becomes greater.
~King Awesome

It does fit the definition, yes. Though old school hoarders might argue differently.

REIs are very risky but can be just as profitable as they are risky if you do it right and also maybe get lucky.

Not... necessarily. I mean, yes you will get a greater return on investment. But that is not the only factor at stake. Because hoarding takes time both in terms of waiting and buying/selling time you have to factor in time spent. If you spend a million gold on a hoard that earns 100% profit in six months then in six months you'll have two million gold for maybe six hours of buying/selling time. But if you spend a million gold on a hoard that matures in three months and gains 50% profit in three months you'll have 1.5M gold and in six months you'll have 2.25M. But your buying and selling time doubles. But in order to get that same 125% return on the six month one you'll have to wait at least two more months by which point it could have become twice as hard to sell. So. It depends on the item and on what is worth more to you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff