I have no idea how I got here. 0.18552036199095 18.6% [ 205 ]
Total Votes:[ 1105 ]

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Sam Wainwright
Not to be a damper, but I see just one teeny problem with the idea of buying things like MCs and then selling them for profit. Looks good on the surface, but here's the undercurrent.
You're converting irl, hard cash money into...pixel gold!
And it doesn't even really belong to you, in the end. It still belongs to Gaia Inc.

Who said anything about buying them for GCash? I do not advocate buying items with GCash as a means of gaining gold because I am already completely aware that purchasing pixels for real money is silly and impractical.
My methods advocate either purchasing them with gold from the MP/Exchange for a small immediate profit (as in Vending/Exchanging) or purchasing them with gold from the MP/Exchange to hoard for a larger profit over time.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Tainted Tarts
Jace Quin

Ahh, this is harder than I expected. But I guess practice makes perfect.
Any suggestions on what to hoard at this time? After I get Agape?
And what's the best ticket item in Price and Joy to exchange tickets with?

The best Prize & Joy item is probably Long Drag. It has been for a while. Most of them have a negative delta (eg. the MP price is lower than the price the tickets themselves sell for) but figuring out which ones have a positive delta isn't too hard. Just divide the MP price (x.98 if you want to be really accurate) by the number of tickets it takes to buy it and that number will tell you what price you would need to buy or create the tickets below in order to profit from that item.

As to what you should hoard after you've gotten Agape I have to suggest that you ask again after you've bought it. The time of year, what's available to hoard and how much capital you have to spend would affect my recommendation so anything I say now would probably be arbitrary and a subpar suggestion.
Jace Quin

The best Prize & Joy item is probably Long Drag. It has been for a while. Most of them have a negative delta (eg. the MP price is lower than the price the tickets themselves sell for) but figuring out which ones have a positive delta isn't too hard. Just divide the MP price (x.98 if you want to be really accurate) by the number of tickets it takes to buy it and that number will tell you what price you would need to buy or create the tickets below in order to profit from that item.

As to what you should hoard after you've gotten Agape I have to suggest that you ask again after you've bought it. The time of year, what's available to hoard and how much capital you have to spend would affect my recommendation so anything I say now would probably be arbitrary and a subpar suggestion.

Thank you. I'm learning a lot from here than my economics class, though it's just a minor subject in my course and different rules apply in real life. This really helps. Thanks :3

Shameless Ladykiller

Tainted Tarts
Thank you. I'm learning a lot from here than my economics class, though it's just a minor subject in my course and different rules apply in real life. This really helps. Thanks :3
~♥~

I actually quoted Jace once in my Econ class. Teacher was super impressed and couldn't believe where I'd learned it xD
~♥~

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Tainted Tarts
Jace Quin

I would be interested in discussing economics with you. I have never taken a real class, though.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Mizuki Ayu
Tainted Tarts
~♥~

I actually quoted Jace once in my Econ class. Teacher was super impressed and couldn't believe where I'd learned it xD
~♥~

...You never told me this.

Shameless Ladykiller

Jace Quin
...You never told me this.
~♥~

Well it wasn't an exact quote and it was just in passing conversation. I had forgotten about it until Tainted brought up Econ class. We were covering supply and demand. I can't remember much more than that
~♥~
Jace Quin

I would be interested in discussing economics with you. I have never taken a real class, though.

Economics is mainly about demand and supply and all the other rules, and Gaia's economy is the same like that. We've never actually dwelt too much on hoarding because in real life, hoarding is definitely not a good thing to do, at least that's what I've been told. Hoarding doesn't keep the money going, so it doesn't help boost the economy since they're acting like dead investments with the probability that the goods might expire while making the goods inflate in price because you are keeping the supplies low. So I'm glad it is a good thing here in Gaia :3
Mizuki Ayu
Tainted Tarts
~♥~

~♥~

That's good to hear! hahah! I'd want to see her face! :3

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I was actually discussing some of the similarities of the Gaia economy and our country's actual economy, and that Gaia's economy is very similar...but it's on a much larger scale, since there are way more people buying and selling. It was a rather interesting discussion about how if you become rich-ish (or at least have a good portion of money to invest with), a good part of your wealth should be in many different stocks, as you can maintain or grow your wealth, for the most part.
~King Awesome

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
King Awesomolocity
I was actually discussing some of the similarities of the Gaia economy and our country's actual economy, and that Gaia's economy is very similar...but it's on a much larger scale, since there are way more people buying and selling. It was a rather interesting discussion about how if you become rich-ish (or at least have a good portion of money to invest with), a good part of your wealth should be in many different stocks, as you can maintain or grow your wealth, for the most part.
~King Awesome

But Gaia is almost a closed system. The world is not closed. Chaos theory works in the economy even if butterfly flaps seem unlikely to cause tsunamis. Having studied the Gaia economy and other videogame economies and all the variables that affect prices and supply and demand it's easy to see that anyone who claims to be a real world macroeconomist is lying. You might be able to predict certain things in fractions of the economy but the fractions aren't isolated from the rest of the economy and those other parts will affect the parts that you're looking it.

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity
~King Awesome

But Gaia is almost a closed system. The world is not closed. Chaos theory works in the economy even if butterfly flaps seem unlikely to cause tsunamis. Having studied the Gaia economy and other videogame economies and all the variables that affect prices and supply and demand it's easy to see that anyone who claims to be a real world macroeconomist is lying. You might be able to predict certain things in fractions of the economy but the fractions aren't isolated from the rest of the economy and those other parts will affect the parts that you're looking it.

Oh, I know there are a ton of differences, too. And we discussed that as well. xD
We discussed that it's way more risky to do in real life, since more things can effect it. But either way, it was an interesting comparison, though there are a lot of contrasts too.
~King Awesome

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
So, I sold my OMG, which gave me quite a bit more capital. Which is always good. I put it to good use, getting 10 impractical gala bundles at 735k, though the next day, I realized I should have got them at 715k, but I should still be able to profit. But either way, though I'll probably end up hoarding about 10 bundles per month, I've come to realize that I currently prefer the short term hoards, such as advance chances and mc letters. (Buying on the 12th-ish selling on the 15th) but that's mostly because I'm currently scared of having a bunch of gold invested in things for extended periods of time. xD

~mobile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces