Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

BetterGaia should...

Beat out the addon competition. 0.26221001221001 26.2% [ 859 ]
Work together with other addons. 0.3507326007326 35.1% [ 1149 ]
+1 (idc) 0.38705738705739 38.7% [ 1268 ]
Total Votes:[ 3276 ]

ok i have an issue here

it said today that i need to update better gaia - not a problem just click on the box and it re directs you

was redirected to a firefox update page - not a problem i clicked on the update box

PROBLEM
it says i need version 5 or 6 and all i can get is version 4 beta where i am at
so how do i update this? when i cant seem to get this version
ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? why do i need such a high firefox version for update? and when in the hell will firefox 6 be available in rose park utah?
i cant even seem to find this version on google, it just directs me back to firefox v4 beta
so can anyone help me or do i just have to do away with better gaia until the state of utah catches up to technology?

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
NORTENO-XIV_BSY_JDM

FF4 has been out of beta for a while now. You need to upgrade to the full version, FF 5 & 6 are for the heavy beta testers and developers - and to be honest, IDK where one would even download those beta's. xd

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Immortal Nobody
User Image
User Image
I wanna say I'm not really liking the latest update to the graphics. In the last version they were mellow and maybe even a little minimalistic. Now they seem to be popping and IN YOUR FACE. Example, the sectional headers on the My Gaia page. Did they really need to be that big and black? Not only is the style not in keeping with the rest of the page, but they're a bit of an eyesore. I definitely liked the style of the last version better. 3nodding

IDK about the forum options as mine get cut off... But, I can agree with this part.. It is an eyesore. I liked the previous version. But seeing as I don't have all the settings, I can't check anything new out. neutral

Chatty Werewolf

6,350 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
the side bar chat and shout out my gaia thing isnt working on mine

Questionable Rogue

10,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                  xxMultiple issues with the new update.

1. I liked the old forum style better. > __ > A LOT better. There should be an option for those who preferred the old style to keep it that way.
                  2. The headers. It used to be that everything else was small, you had your username, and the messages. Now its all or nothing. There should be options that let you choose what icons are up there and what aren't (for example, the username and only the message icon). That goes the same for Shortcuts--not everyone uses them, so there should be an option to get rid of those, too.
                  3. The design is downright eyekilling. What happened to smooth BG? The new one makes me want to deactivate it.

Those are the major problems, among other things. But I really hope this is fixed soon, because otherwise I'll probably deactivate and go back to old!Gaia. :c
Captain Soli

I agree 100 percent!
(and you can go back to the old version, btw.
Just use the add-on link under BetterGaia
in the Tools menu [firefox]. That's the previous
version. Just install it.)

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

I'm not even getting the post formatting buttons or the shortcut drop-down menu in the top right corner... Both are enabled, but I'm not getting them...
The thing on the My Gaia page isn't loading either. Just a continuous circle of doom...

Invisible Citizen

7,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
Knight Yoshi
allvanishing

I'm kinda liking the update, and kinda not at the same time.
Settings cut short

And in the forum reply, the text field has been moved down about 100pxs and to the right.
input field moved

We'll fix the issue with the Options window. The option that is cut off is 'Hide post tipping in posts', and it's also the last one on that page.

Also in the forum reply, since you seem to have disabled forum styling, we aren't able to shrink the height of the gap for the toolbar.

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
allvanishing

Also, the forum settings changed from what I had them in the previous version.
before I had the width to 97 (max width), now it's like the min-width use to be 77 I think it was and has a solid white background all the way down?
Also, Main > Features > forums - anything I change doesn't save.
Knight Yoshi

That's the thing... x ___ x;; there aren't any forum options.
You can't re-size the width of the forum posts; it's stuck
at that little 77 number (when BG is first used, the forum
posts are all skinny) rather than spanning across the page
like how Gaia normally is without BG (if that makes any
sense at all. >.<;; )

The older version is much more modern looking and sleek.
The new version... -shakes head- it clashes horribly and
looks downright archaic, in my opinion.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

If anything, I would have liked the update to have been able
to allow you to change the guilds so the posts are seen
properly. -shrugs- It doesn't seem like the guilds are all that
different from Gaia Forums; so I wouldn't think it'd all that
difficult to do... However, I'm not... a designer... or whoever
does all this stuff. >w<;; So, it could very well be difficult.

Invisible Citizen

7,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
Immortal Nobody
User Image
User Image
I wanna say I'm not really liking the latest update to the graphics. In the last version they were mellow and maybe even a little minimalistic. Now they seem to be popping and IN YOUR FACE. Example, the sectional headers on the My Gaia page. Did they really need to be that big and black? Not only is the style not in keeping with the rest of the page, but they're a bit of an eyesore. I definitely liked the style of the last version better. 3nodding

Since I filed a complaint I should also file something I like. I like the styling you did to the area with the thread title. But would it be possible to give us the option of changing those colors, too? I don't think I missed the setting in the options menu. I would like to change it, if possible, so it will better sync with the colors I use for the rest of the page. ^-^

We restyled the MyGaia page headers in order to stay in sync with Gaia's own design, since the previous design was based on the MyGaia page before Gaia redesigned it.

Also, we had complaints that BetterGaia was too somber, ideally from the dark background and page colors, and felt that it pushed away people from installing BetterGaia.

But pertaining to your suggestion, we were able to recode the style to the brown bars and also the username bar to be able to change their color, and we hope to add such an option soon.

Invisible Citizen

7,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
Immortal Nobody

There seems to be an hidden ad pushing the content down. We'll fix it in the next update.

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Arr -- k u n
Knight Yoshi

That's the thing... x ___ x;; there aren't any forum options.
You can't re-size the width of the forum posts; it's stuck
at that little 77 number (when BG is first used, the forum
posts are all skinny) rather than spanning across the page
like how Gaia normally is without BG (if that makes any
sense at all. >.<;; )

The older version is much more modern looking and sleek.
The new version... -shakes head- it clashes horribly and
looks downright archaic, in my opinion.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

If anything, I would have liked the update to have been able
to allow you to change the guilds so the posts are seen
properly. -shrugs- It doesn't seem like the guilds are all that
different from Gaia Forums; so I wouldn't think it'd all that
difficult to do... However, I'm not... a designer... or whoever
does all this stuff. >w<;; So, it could very well be difficult.

I also don't like the white strip going down the middle gonk I missed each post being separate and being able to increase the width of the posts... sad This is just getting worse and worse..
@Vanishing~ Man, I like a lot of your worth with BG... but this new version is killing that respect you earned man... And not with just me... with so many people...

Also, this not being able to have shortcuts aren't showing up. I don't have any of that disabled... it's just not appearing. neutral
Knight Yoshi

You can get the older version back. o.o
Here's the link so you can get it back.
(all that's missing is the... BG thingie
in My Gaia [that i never used anyway])

I'm just going to stick around and
watch the new update, see what
others say, and hope it gets better.
Otherwise, I'm sticking with this
version.~

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Arr -- k u n
Knight Yoshi

You can get the older version back. o.o
Here's the link so you can get it back.
(all that's missing is the... BG thingie
in My Gaia [that i never used anyway])

I'm just going to stick around and
watch the new update, see what
others say, and hope it gets better.
Otherwise, I'm sticking with this
version.~

Meh, I know I could go back... but I like to test things out, and give feedback to help improve it. And as it stands... this version needs to be really thought over more so.. neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff