Work together with other addons. 0.3507326007326 35.1% [ 1149 ]
+1 (idc) 0.38705738705739 38.7% [ 1268 ]
Total Votes:[ 3276 ]
<<< << < 1 2 ... 572 573 574

Dapper Genius

8,975 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
The settings page does not work in Firefox, but does work in Google Chrome. Give that a try.

Fuhrer Cupcake
So is there a user's manual posted somewhere? I'm not tech savvy. The most obvious choice for figuring this out was the BetterGaia Settings deal up on top of the screen but all I get is a page saying it's "coming soon."

I'd appreciate some pointers on the basics.

Sarcastic Bibliophile

31,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Happy Birthday! 100
So I've been using Better Gaia for years now; I honestly don't even remember when I started using it, it has been so long.

However, with Chrome's new "no network" bug popping up again, I can't use Chrome at all which means everything I use for Better Gaia is inaccessible to me right now. So I swtich over to Firefox (which I am not enjoying) but first thing I did was download the Better Gaia Add-On.

stare But I can't use ANYTHING on the Firefox Add-on. So right now all my post formatting is on a notepad file for me to access, which is very annoying.

Is there an ETA on when we'll be able to use the 'settings' on Firefox?

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
I just downloaded BetterGaia today and I was very impressed with what I saw... Until I tried to use the settings and it comes up as "coming soon" ... And I think I'm going to have to take the add-on back off of Firefox until it's fixed though. Cause it's annoying to not be able to use it for my post styles, which is one of the biggest reasons that I wanted the add-on in the first place... I will get it again when it's updated though!

fleumere's Wife

Supreme Unicorn

7,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Amazing, amazing, amazing program! My only suggestion is that you add a compatible version for Safari users. I told my friend about it but she can't use it because her main (and favorite) browser is Safari, so it would be great if this was added! thanks, and keep up the great work!

Unholy Genius

9,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
I totally just replaced the gaia logo with this.

yes, it moves.

60h x 100w seems to do the trick, by the way.
            Is what happened to tektek going to happen to BetterGaia? crying

I swear I'll quit.

Generous Fairy

9,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
allvanishing
► COMMON QUESTIONS

▶ Help? I'm having problems installing BetterGaia.
Try installing again, or if it still doesn't work, restart your browser.

▶ How do I change the ____________? I saw the setting for it above.
You should be able to change your preferences in your Settings.

▶ I think I found a bug in BetterGaia. How do I report it?
In the official thread (You're reading it right now), post a reply with the problem (And a screenshot, if you can).

▶ Is BetterGaia safe? This isn't going to steal my password, hack my account, or even spam my friends, is it?
BetterGaia does not hack, spam, steal, and so on. We're sure that with thousands of users over half a decade, BetterGaia couldn't be safer.

▶ The Guild Forums are not the same as the Main Forums. Shouldn't it be the same?
Because the guilds are based on legacy code from Gaia's inception, they aren't as easy to change.

▶ Isn't this against Gaia's Terms of Service?
BetterGaia does not change Gaia's site. It changes the way how your browser renders certain pages (which is your personal right), and only affects the client side (what you see) of Gaia.

Read up on the subject:
Electronic Frontier Foundation: Who Owns Your Desktop? You Do!
Electronic Frontier Foundation: It's My Browser, and I'll Auto-Click if I Want To

▶ How is BetterGaia version numbered?
BetterGaia is updated on a day to day basis, so as we add new features to BetterGaia, you know it will go live as fast as we can. Each version number is based on the year created and followed by the edition of that year.

how do i take off the notices that appear everywhere and the annocements that appear everywhere?

Misleading Architect

35,475 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Ian's Valentine 100
currently the only function i use is the Draw All" one- any chance to spin that offf into its own app?
Count me in as someone who will be using this extension on Firefox as soon as the settings page is back and working! heart

Pure-hearted Sex Symbol

9,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Why is the setting not working ?

Dapper Dabbler

i just downloaded this and i'm confused. is it not working right now? if not, is there an alternative add-on i can use? :/

Dapper Genius

8,975 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
The settings page does not currently work in Mozilla Firefox, consider switching to Google Chrome for the time being.

unawakaned
Why is the setting not working ?

ellephants
i just downloaded this and i'm confused. is it not working right now? if not, is there an alternative add-on i can use? :/

Dapper Dabbler

i don't use chrome... all my folders/settings/etc are in firefox.
i guess i can live w/o it
just mad disappointed

Dapper Genius

8,975 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
What you might try doing, is creating all your layouts in the chrome addon and migrating the settings file on your computer from the chrome directory to the firefox directory. If that is something you are interested in, let me know and I will see if I can find the right files for you.

ellephants
i don't use chrome... all my folders/settings/etc are in firefox.
i guess i can live w/o it
just mad disappointed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas