Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

BetterGaia should...

Beat out the addon competition. 0.26221001221001 26.2% [ 859 ]
Work together with other addons. 0.3507326007326 35.1% [ 1149 ]
+1 (idc) 0.38705738705739 38.7% [ 1268 ]
Total Votes:[ 3276 ]

Loverboy

My personalised settings are gone? Does this mean I have to do them over again ; n ; aww poop.

Toxic Vampire

lol my bettergaia crashed last night and i had to reinstall it and i lost everything >.>
and does anyone know how to change the header? i'm wanting to change it but when i put the image in custom that i want it still doesn't change but yet i can change the logo but not the header o.e

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
XxKawaiiNijixX
lol my bettergaia crashed last night and i had to reinstall it and i lost everything >.>
and does anyone know how to change the header? i'm wanting to change it but when i put the image in custom that i want it still doesn't change but yet i can change the logo but not the header o.e

Your custom header will not show as long as gaia has the RIG header activated as far as i know, you must give it a try when that one is gone.

wow so far i love the update! i only wish that the announcements bubble wouldn't follow me when i scroll down

Toxic Vampire

The stepfather of lies
XxKawaiiNijixX

Your custom header will not show as long as gaia has the RIG header activated as far as i know, you must give it a try when that one is gone.

i see e.e
thanks

Popular Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Overstocked 200
i keep running into the issue where i hover over my shortcuts and as i move my mouse down to click on one, the dropdown menu disappears

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"Though the brightness of the sun has drifted far away...

Alrighty, gotta say love the updates so far, background being fixed is very nice, haha.

I do only have one small, very small, complaint to register, it's actually bothered me in previous updates as well, but well, the drop down menu under our names in the floating widget. For the love of Gaia can you make it possible have it only drop down when you click the arrow by your user name? I don't know how many times I've been browsing Gaia, flipped to another tab, ect and the silly thing pops up when I accidentally cross over it with my pointer and then wont go away until I hover over it again.

Like I said, a small thing, not a deal breaker, but still >.< it irks me so.

Thank you for all the hard work and updates!

Tomorrow holds the sunlight of a brand new day for me..."

Niche Enthusiast

17,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • Hellraiser 500
***Only for Firefox users on Windows who know their way around code***
You might do some serious damage to your systems otherwise.

As the BetterGaia settings page still isn't working in the Firefox version, I've figured out a way to add more post formats without it:
Quote:
  1. Go to your Firefox profile folder. If you don't know how to get to it, follow these instructions but stop before going to the .minecraft folder.

2. Follow these steps to get to the BetterGaia extension: Mozilla > Firefox > Profiles >[random letters and numbers].default > extensions

3. Find and make a copy of the file bettergaia@bowafishtech.co.cc.xpi to another folder where you can work on it without accidentally messing with something you shouldn't.

4. Change the file extension from .xpi to .zip though sometimes your archive software can open it without doing this.

5. Unzip the contents into a folder. You can now make changes to individual files.

6. The place where post formats are stored (among other important settings) is in a file called prefs.js that you can find by going through the resources > bettergaia > data > js folders.

7. Open it up in your favourite code editor. Notepad works too.

8. Youll find the codes under the //Format comment. The formats are stored as items in the array 'format.list'.

9. You can edit or remove what's already there, but to add a new format, you're going to have to add a , to the end of the last item's ] then start on a new line.

10. You're going to need a Hexidecimal converter to add certain special characters. For example, the code for the Alice format looks like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So basically it follows a [ 'what you're gonna call your formatting', "code for formatting", 0]

11. Once you're done, save it. Go back to the original .xpi file and use your archiver to replace the prefs.js file with the one you just changed. It's recommended that you have a backup of the original should anything go wrong.

12. If it works, you should find your new format ready to go!

--------------------------------------------------------------

In other words, I'd really like to know when the settings page is ready because I only know how to convert the symbols manually.

Or you guys could recommend a better hexadecimal converter. That works too.

Aged Zealot

So my personalized settings totally reset?

Invisible Citizen

7,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
Honesty Kruse
***Only for Firefox users on Windows who know their way around code***
You might do some serious damage to your systems otherwise.

As the BetterGaia settings page still isn't working in the Firefox version, I've figured out a way to add more post formats without it:
Quote:
  1. Go to your Firefox profile folder. If you don't know how to get to it, follow these instructions but stop before going to the .minecraft folder.

2. Follow these steps to get to the BetterGaia extension: Mozilla > Firefox > Profiles >[random letters and numbers].default > extensions

3. Find and make a copy of the file bettergaia@bowafishtech.co.cc.xpi to another folder where you can work on it without accidentally messing with something you shouldn't.

4. Change the file extension from .xpi to .zip though sometimes your archive software can open it without doing this.

5. Unzip the contents into a folder. You can now make changes to individual files.

6. The place where post formats are stored (among other important settings) is in a file called prefs.js that you can find by going through the resources > bettergaia > data > js folders.

7. Open it up in your favourite code editor. Notepad works too.

8. Youll find the codes under the //Format comment. The formats are stored as items in the array 'format.list'.

9. You can edit or remove what's already there, but to add a new format, you're going to have to add a , to the end of the last item's ] then start on a new line.

10. You're going to need a Hexidecimal converter to add certain special characters. For example, the code for the Alice format looks like this:

So basically it follows a [ 'what you're gonna call your formatting', "code for formatting", 0]

11. Once you're done, save it. Go back to the original .xpi file and use your archiver to replace the prefs.js file with the one you just changed. It's recommended that you have a backup of the original should anything go wrong.

12. If it works, you should find your new format ready to go!

--------------------------------------------------------------

In other words, I'd really like to know when the settings page is ready because I only know how to convert the symbols manually.

Or you guys could recommend a better hexadecimal converter. That works too.

Some serious investigating and tinkering! Just remember if you do this, make sure you have copies of your formats as any update will wipe them back to the default values.

Wolf

not sure if anyone mentioned, but if your personal settings have
been reset, go to the about tab on the bettergaia settings page
and there should be a button that restores your settings from before
the update!

also, a suggestion for more personalization: allow us to choose the
border color when posting/quoting and when using the quick edit/quote!
right now, they're both a blue color and there is no customization for it.
a link for reference!

Star

Quote:
i keep running into the issue where i hover over my shortcuts and as i move my mouse down to click on one, the dropdown menu disappears

i get this on the drop-down for logging out
do not like how the announcements show up now, before it was just a small green bar now its like a page wide thing and its annoying to say the least
can this go back to the way it used to be or give an option to turn them off ?

Benevolent Bachelor

22,850 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Party Member 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
SPEEDY XIII SSC
do not like how the announcements show up now, before it was just a small green bar now its like a page wide thing and its annoying to say the least
can this go back to the way it used to be or give an option to turn them off ?

If you turn off the Announcement Reader it goes back to the green bar. 3nodding

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
xxiii-nevermore
My personalised settings are gone? Does this mean I have to do them over again ; n ; aww poop.

User Image
I have the same problem. This was most likely unforseen.

O-Mokona-O

And I just read this AFTER setting everything back myself xD

Beloved Darling

It seems the darling girl is...

I love the new announcement reader! Keep up the good work :3

... a little bit in love.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff