Welcome to Gaia! ::

Has the guide been helpful to you/were you able to find what you were looking for?

Poll gold 0.25616311399444 25.6% [ 1382 ]
Yes 0.53178869323448 53.2% [ 2869 ]
No (feel free to post what/why) 0.013160333642261 1.3% [ 71 ]
I like turtles 0.13049119555144 13.0% [ 704 ]
Blue Bass 0.058387395736793 5.8% [ 315 ]
I have suggestions! (feel free to post) 0.010009267840593 1.0% [ 54 ]
Total Votes:[ 5395 ]

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
von Commandante
Platonix
What was that weird header with the bright light shining on a pier that quickly disappeared? Does it mean fishing's back?

Not sure what you mean...was it the one that shows up when you visit The Ole Fishing Hole?

Whenever there isn't a special event overriding the header, the header displays a scene from various Gaia locations depending on what page you're viewing. Since the entire Forums is supposedly set in Barton Bar, you'll usually see the Barton Town scene, but you can also see Durem, Aekea or the Isle de Gambino depending on where the feature you're viewing is supposedly set in the Gaia World...and visiting The Ole Fishing Hole gives you a view of Bass'ken Lake since that shop is right near the lakeshore. Also, all of these Gaia-location scenes change depending on what time it is in Gaia Standard Time, with each having versions for daytime, nighttime, and dawn/dusk.

Big Member

Just when I decided to work on the Angelic Rod, I find out fishing is broken. And that they plan on changing it. D'':

I just hope they don't make it worse. Or get rid of it. gonk crying

Fisher

Even with Fishing down, the exchange information in this thread is still relevant and useful. Thus, bumping from 2nd page. heart

IRL Noob

28,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
  • Ghostly Obliterators 100
mshka
Just when I decided to work on the Angelic Rod, I find out fishing is broken. And that they plan on changing it. D'':

I just hope they don't make it worse. Or get rid of it. gonk crying
I know how ya feel...Been needing only about 5k more fish/trash to gain my angelic rod. crying
Can anyone explain what happened to fishing in the first place?
I mean, I assume it worked fine for years, then suddenly it broke.
Does anyone know why?
I know there was something wrong with the captcha code for a long time.
Is that still the problem? Doesn't that seem relatively easy to fix?

I know everyone is frustrated with this.
Gaia said they'd get to work on it after the summer event finished,but now it's autumn and nothing is fixed.
Is Gaia trying to pull another zOMG stunt and completely eliminate fishing but doesn't want to admit it yet?
Any thoughts?

Floofy Princess

52,675 Points
  • Purrfection 500
  • Long-Distance Sniper 500
von Commandante
Can anyone explain what happened to fishing in the first place?
I mean, I assume it worked fine for years, then suddenly it broke.
Does anyone know why?
I know there was something wrong with the captcha code for a long time.
Is that still the problem? Doesn't that seem relatively easy to fix?

I know everyone is frustrated with this.
Gaia said they'd get to work on it after the summer event finished,but now it's autumn and nothing is fixed.
Is Gaia trying to pull another zOMG stunt and completely eliminate fishing but doesn't want to admit it yet?
Any thoughts?

People were running into problems with fishing, most notably the CAPTCHA being these weird jumbled text no one could decrypt. Gaia's response was the Flash used for fishing was too old for them to just update, so they decided to just rebuild it from scratch.

Fishing isn't going to go the way of zOMG, not when it was confirmed at Anime Expo they have already completed 70% of the main features including new fish (I was the one who asked them lol). I guess the most we can do is keep asking/reminding them in the Ask the Staff, and hopefully it'll be here before next year.

Gambino Cultist

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Champion 300
I'm just going to bump this back to the first page.

47,100 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Come on people, get fishing fixed and up and running again.

Shy Noob

16,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Contributor 150
I came back only to find fishing is broken. Poo, hope they fix it soon cause fishing is the main game I enjoy around Gaia. Honestly others just don't do. cat_emo
Lynx Asylum
I came back only to find fishing is broken. Poo, hope they fix it soon cause fishing is the main game I enjoy around Gaia. Honestly others just don't do. cat_emo

Agreed.

Bashful Sweetheart

23,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
charliesangel_girl
Lynx Asylum

Agreed.
how do you fish without getting aggravated? ;-; even tires tend to derp out on me and take a sharp left and break away from me :c
I am waiting for AtS on the 5th about Fishing.

If the Staff avoid/dodge questions for fishing at the end of the AtS, I'm quitting for good.

It's a fresh new year.

No reason to stay here if fishing is going
to continue being broken.

I'm tired. I can't keep waiting months to almost a year to continue asking again and again and again and again and again before I realized I wasted my damn time.

I know fishing doesn't make them money.
And if that is the reason why then, I'll accept and I'm gone for good Gaia.

Everyone else, good luck.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces