Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of these recent Tony-winning plays and musicals would you love to see Gaia-style?

Book of Mormon 0.32116788321168 32.1% [ 44 ]
Memphis 0.036496350364964 3.6% [ 5 ]
Billy Elliot 0.1021897810219 10.2% [ 14 ]
In the Heights 0.058394160583942 5.8% [ 8 ]
Spring Awakening 0.23357664233577 23.4% [ 32 ]
War Horse 0.12408759124088 12.4% [ 17 ]
Red 0.043795620437956 4.4% [ 6 ]
God of Carnage 0.043795620437956 4.4% [ 6 ]
August: Osage County 0.021897810218978 2.2% [ 3 ]
The Coast of Utopia 0.014598540145985 1.5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 137 ]

7,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Near future? Not a clue. Distant, dreamy future when we can actually muster up more than 4 actors, and have the time to take on new plays, new scripts, new concepts, etc. Yes, then I have tons of ideas. xd

I dunno. Maybe try another scriptwriting contest?

Or (and I know, I will be shot), something Shakespearean? Condensed, of course. My Shakespeare theatre company every year does snippets of scenes from several different plays, and squashes them all together.

We never have had more than 10 people, and most of the scenes we end up doing don't have more than 4 onstage at a time.

Could be doable for us, if the work required to pull it off were not an issue.
*Burns at the stake for suggesting Shakespeare*

Nah, Shakespeare is cool. I'm a fan of Hamlet in particular really. I would say do a musical that doesn't require many people. [title of show] is nice. Or Next to Normal. Little Shop of Horrors could be done without to many people. The Harry Potter musical could be cool. Me and My d**k is fun. Choruses aren't entirely necessary. You could try a Greek drama. I'm definitely someone who would get involved with anything you do.
All of Rocky Horror should be up on YouTube now.
Dear GTC,

It's sad that you're dead but I don't know what to do with you anymore.

-- Me

Collector Fatcat

16,850 Points
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Egg Collector 100
User Image

User Image Catch a Kitten Star and put it in a box... User Image

I miss you gaiz. User Image

User Image ...Help me get my final quest? User Image
How many people would we have interested right now? sad
The last show we tried to do that actually made it to performances had a cast of 3, and we struggled with that. Our audiences were of similar numbers.

Maybe we can try again this summer, but right now I think it's pretty clear that there isn't significant interest in GTC, and though I love you all, there isn't much I can do with one or two people and it doesn't seem worth it to me to keep dealing with the stress of it for very little payoff.

7,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Would anyone be offended if, sometime in the future, I tried to start up my own Gaian Theatre Company?

Not the same title, of course. It's just that I'd like to try doing some Shakespeare, and stuff like that. Maybe musicals, too, and...well, I've always wanted to direct. smile

I'll probably crash and burn, but hey? Never know till you try, eh?
This place CANNOT die.

From what I've heard, that BURN Theater Company got ditched by their leader. If we could bring them over there, we could do a small production.

Maybe "Naomi in the Living Room"...a cast a three. Or a David Ives one-act like "Time Flies"...with two mayflies mating. That'd be EPIC for costuming.

Come on, people! This is a mule, but I've attended many a GTC show. Bring it back to its former glory!
My current plan is maybe to start organizing in May to do a show in June.

In the meantime, is there anything I should put up on the YouTube account? I can't get people together to do a show but I can let you pretend people from the past are doing shows together razz

Izzy Van Helsing
Would anyone be offended if, sometime in the future, I tried to start up my own Gaian Theatre Company?

Not the same title, of course. It's just that I'd like to try doing some Shakespeare, and stuff like that. Maybe musicals, too, and...well, I've always wanted to direct. smile

I'll probably crash and burn, but hey? Never know till you try, eh?

My policy on this is still that I don't really mind and I can't stop people from starting other theater groups, but I won't let them be advertised in this thread or copy our content (which, unfortunately, people have tried to do before).
=o.o= Is saddened slightly...this is like the only thing left that keeps me coming back to Gaia...
*waits patiently for a show to start auditioning*

This is the only reason I came back to this site at all was for the GTC. sad

Dangerous Lunatic

Honestly, at this moment in time, I'm sorta glad we're not doing anything this month. I've been so busy at work that this is the first time I've been on Gaia in over 3 weeks or so. Hopefully, by next month, my schedule will be more clear. If not, I'll let you know.
Awwe, you gaiz died? sad

I remember, back in 2008 when I was in a Production, Avenue Q.
FUNNEST thing I have EVAR done on Gaia. biggrin

I was FallThroughSadness_x then. Not that any of you would remember me.
But, please come back again.
I totally want to get involved again. sad

Collector Fatcat

16,850 Points
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Egg Collector 100
User Image

User Image Catch a Kitten Star and put it in a box... User Image

What the crud. Where on earth were all you people when we needed auditioners?! >.>

User Image ...Help me get my final quest? User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces